Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484622 times)
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: October 16, 2014, 12:22:06 AM

Taking out flying is a 2008 solution to the problem though.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1226 on: October 16, 2014, 05:01:44 AM

This expansion is less inspired than anything put out in 2008.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1227 on: October 16, 2014, 05:54:38 AM

What the fuck did they do to the proportions of my Tauran? They used to be tall and built - now it looks like someone squashed them into a freaking box.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1228 on: October 16, 2014, 09:53:13 AM

I don't play MMOs to have forced social interactions with strangers (or internet-friends). I did that in EQ for long enough, and while I had great guildmates from various places around the world, those relationships are long gone. I play MMOs for persistent character development, a large-enough sandbox with enough theme park so I can make my own fun by exploring or wandering around - or go for a quest/NPC-driven ride, and to play socially not with internet randoms or guildmates, but with actual friends and loved-ones. Flying and the freedoms it brings helps that enormously.

I play MMOs for the multiplayer environment. Whether that's walking past someone, watching people do sometihng, avoiding a bad guy, attacking a good guy. Sharing a space for 1 minute or an hour in a group. Flying just takes away from that in WOW in my opinion. But it's not the end all be all on it.

I'm pretty much anti-forced grouping myself these days, and I barely have enough to time to put into an MMO. I basically only play League of Legends now with my brother in law. I did manage to get to level 50 in Archeage before going meh.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1229 on: October 16, 2014, 11:08:02 AM

That doesn't make any sense to me.  You have shared space in town.  Flying allows you to see what is below you and around you in all directions.  You'll see more players on a flying mount than wandering about.

Phasing to hell and back has a far greater affect on who you see than flying does.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1230 on: October 16, 2014, 11:22:49 AM

That doesn't make any sense to me.  You have shared space in town.  Flying allows you to see what is below you and around you in all directions.  You'll see more players on a flying mount than wandering about.

Phasing to hell and back has a far greater affect on who you see than flying does.

That's kind of BS.  Most of the time flying you are moving too fast to see jack shit and if you are just hovering around that's it.  Shared space in towns is also equally ridiculous since they might as well be npc's for all the interaction and cross server stuff that happens now.

I'm not talking about forced grouping here,  wow used to be a game you shared with other people on every level.  Whether it was exploring the world, soloing, farming mats or doing dungeons you did it alongside other people and people whom you would likely see again.  Now you just teleport to your dungeon with 4 random strangers or you fly above the world and essentially teleport to any quest/node location before hopping back in the sky.  Even if you do meet people out in the world your chances of even seeing them again are remote, let alone ever interacting with them. 

Servers don't exist and worlds don't exist and what's left is a gameplay that is quite frankly lackluster if it were a single player game.  Wow has become just that, a single player experience that can be shared if you have friends/family but experiences like that already exist and don't charge a sub fee. 

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1231 on: October 16, 2014, 11:52:57 AM

I would argue against phasing if questing didn't suck to on populated servers/areas. GW2 did that better.

My "shared space in town" is essentially instanced lobby game which i really don't want in my MMO. But you're a huge huge GW1 fan so you're biased. :D
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1232 on: October 16, 2014, 03:52:18 PM

There are many reasons why I won't get the expansion, so flying is just the, "LOL, okie dokie then, nothing else to see here!  (rapidly forget that there is a expansion)".  In some ways I'm grateful that they made that decision.

Edit: "so flying" not "no flying"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:47:03 PM by Typhon »
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1233 on: October 16, 2014, 04:33:14 PM

Flying made me enjoy it more, but then I got my green proto-drake on my second attempt and that was my favorite mount ever, even beating out the zhevra.  And then on the fifth or sixth with my other character.

I wonder if Nevermore ever got one...

Nope, but that's ok because I have less than zero interest in ever playing WoW again.

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1234 on: October 16, 2014, 05:04:21 PM

I still can't believe I got drunk and bought the expansion last month.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1235 on: October 16, 2014, 08:20:56 PM

Now you just teleport to your dungeon with 4 random strangers or you fly above the world and essentially teleport to any quest/node location before hopping back in the sky.  Even if you do meet people out in the world your chances of even seeing them again are remote, let alone ever interacting with them.
And those are valid reasons why you don't see people out in the world as well.

While I think flight is a cool thing, it's not make or break to me.  WoW has a ton of other 'break' things to my tastes.  It's not like I don't agree with Draegan as to the feel, even if we want different things from the game, I just don't agree that the existence of flight had anything to do with it.  We had flight in BC and WotLK.  Things were fine then.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: October 16, 2014, 09:52:11 PM

If you jump into the live support chat and ask for a free trial because you are thinking of coming back, they'll give you a free 7 days.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1237 on: October 17, 2014, 09:27:15 AM

I was confused. I thought you all were talking about no flying until max_level, not no flying at all.

How long will that decision last, I wonder.

I haven't bought the expansion, and don't know if I will. I like flying but how well this works or doesn't work, I don't know.

I was pleasantly surprised by Pandaria (in terms of it being pretty and all), but not terribly excited about the story lines. I haven't even followed this expansion other than it's like a dream Outlands? but Outlands will still be there, they aren't getting rid of Nagrand, I hope (still my favorite zone).

Kid in college means game budget is sunk (still), so I don't know.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1238 on: October 17, 2014, 09:29:43 AM

It is an alternate timeline of Draenor. Outland still exists. In fact this takes place on Draenor before it turns into Outland. Nagrand is still there.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: October 17, 2014, 09:37:59 AM

It's alternate reality AND in the past because they are a bunch of unoriginal hacks that can't make an interesting new storyline and have to constantly go back to characters people remember from twenty years ago.

Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: October 18, 2014, 11:12:37 AM

I resubscribed for the first time since WOTLK after my account was gifted MOP and I've had a good time leveling to 90, but I doubt I'll buy the new expansion or keep playing past the first month.  Having played both expansions straight through for the first time, it's clear to me that getting rid of flying is the right move.  The cataclysm zones designed for questing with flying are less immersive and more confusing geographically than the MOP zones which were built for ground mounts.  Questing on foot means that you occasionally have to plan your route, worry about large numbers of enemies, and in general slow down and catch your breath.  As soon as I hit level 90 (midway through the third zone out of seven) and bought flying, all I did is zoom down, blast a guy, and zoom back up.  I don't have the self-discipline to slow down even if I think it's more fun, but I don't blame them for wishing they had never added flying in the first place and taking it out now that they have the chance.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1241 on: October 18, 2014, 11:24:45 AM

I resubbed for bugged quests and the world server shitting itself every 30 minutes. Everything in Pandaria is really confusing too, everything's out of whack with the new patch. The quality of the game feels significantly worse than in WOTLK or even Cata times.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1242 on: October 18, 2014, 03:27:38 PM

Ditto.  This is a fucking train wreck.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1243 on: October 21, 2014, 06:58:53 AM

Subbed to check out the massive changes to hunters and I don't have the issues crashing you guys do.

Class review: Survival isn't bad, but Beast feels terrible now.  I'm going to drop it and see how Marks feels since that was always my favorite but it fell behind years ago.

Timeless isle is nice, and I'm going to try to get the legendary quest done. Hooray for PVP requirements. 2 1/2 hours, not a single win. Go Alliance.  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1244 on: October 21, 2014, 07:57:40 AM

The Disc priest is hilarious.

You have two buttons now.  Heal and heal.

why so serious?

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1245 on: October 21, 2014, 08:07:13 AM

They fucked over shadow pretty bad. You can do damage sure but gone is one chance priests had of soloing anything of difficulty.  "You wanted to solo that? Next time roll a DK"  should be the tagline for this expac.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1246 on: October 21, 2014, 08:08:29 AM

Yeah, Christine mentioned that.  She also found the Mage to be paper thin.

I don't like it anymore.  I only subbed because Elena wanted to play with Frizzy-Bear again, but from what I've seen I'll just let it lapse again.

It's shockingly bad.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1247 on: October 21, 2014, 09:46:23 AM

I haven't played those alts of mine since they were only 85. I never took them up to 90.  Sad if the case, but I saw a LOT of Disc priests in BGs still, so they can't be that bad.

Shadow wasn't great shakes this Xpac anyway. The rotation was bullshit to manage. The notes make it seem better, but run the risk of being mana-starved since there's no more mana regen.  Plenty of love to Vamp Embrace, Vamp Touch and shadow healing from what I saw, is it not the case in practice?

Mage just seems all over the place. They nerfed fire because it was by far too powerful compared to the other two, but, uh.. that just means it sucks as much as the other two but with a different playstyle now.  I agreed with the notes that the DoT playstyle was wrong for mages.  I want to make things go boom, not dot-dot-run.  There seems to be a distinct lack of BOOM on paper to all three specs.

Played the DK for a little and frost is weird. I never enjoyed it anyway, so I'll have to give Unholy a try.  I'm not even attempting to tank things so no idea how blood's doing these days.

Druids seem in to be in a terrible state.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1248 on: October 21, 2014, 01:37:46 PM

Almost a week after patch and the game still kicks me out with a world server down error within 30 minutes.

A ten year old game that isn't stable.

I literally feel like an idiot for resubbing.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:39:56 PM by jakonovski »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1249 on: October 21, 2014, 02:24:16 PM

What server? I haven't had an issue but once and I catassed all weekend to try things out. Alleria US and Khadgar US disconnected from the unified realm server for Timeless Isle and booted me out. I reconnected within 30 seconds. 

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1250 on: October 21, 2014, 02:43:33 PM

If you're getting booted within 30 minutes every time you play, try the tech support boards.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1251 on: October 21, 2014, 03:28:34 PM

I'm on EU Draenor and checking the tech support forums, it's a known issue affecting "some realms". So fuck Blizzard, no excuse for this.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1252 on: October 22, 2014, 02:16:27 AM

Maybe it's just the EU then mate.  We always get boned.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1253 on: October 23, 2014, 01:16:02 AM

The game finally worked last night, and I even managed to mooch a definitely not welfare epic by taking a swing at a random world boss that was being attacked by a raid group.

I might play the expansion yet.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1254 on: October 23, 2014, 11:45:31 AM

Funny, playing for the changes as only cemented the idea that I don't want to play the x-pac. 

While I enjoy the QOL aspects of all the classes I've touched on, running LFG raids, PVP and the timeless isle content has only reaffirmed that it's not for *me* anymore.  Shit takes too much time and it's too frustrating.  I have more fun in a good 30-45 min session of Marvel Heroes than I do in a similar time of WoW, plus I actually get a shitload of loot.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1255 on: October 23, 2014, 06:47:15 PM

If this was some kind of F2P I'd maybe look at it. Dropping a sub fee and a box price onto something I'll probably hate... nah.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1256 on: October 24, 2014, 02:32:15 AM

Funny, playing for the changes as only cemented the idea that I don't want to play the x-pac. 

While I enjoy the QOL aspects of all the classes I've touched on, running LFG raids, PVP and the timeless isle content has only reaffirmed that it's not for *me* anymore.  Shit takes too much time and it's too frustrating.  I have more fun in a good 30-45 min session of Marvel Heroes than I do in a similar time of WoW, plus I actually get a shitload of loot.

Yeah.  This game is over for me too.

And it's a shame because it still has some limited hooks in the wife and more in the kid.

But there are far, far, far too many other games out there I can get for that money a month and have much more fun with.  Hell, Grimrock and Gnomoria will swallow my life for ages yet and they were one month sub each.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1257 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:35 PM

Got 7 free days. Played for an hour. Quit. Uninstalled.

Nope.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1258 on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:59 PM

Got 7 free days. Played for an hour. Quit. Uninstalled.

Nope.

45 minutes longer than I lasted.

I'm just done with the game.  No real fault of WoW, except that it's still WoW.  I've got another MMO with an actual active group that I can go to.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1259 on: October 29, 2014, 03:39:32 AM

That's the strange thing tho, at the moment I don't.

But this is seriously not fun anymore.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: