Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484787 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1190 on: September 15, 2014, 12:18:02 PM

that reminds me, I actually intentionally took names like "cloud", "squall", "Sephiroth" etc on a bunch of servers when I signed up day 1 just for trolling purposes. I may literally pay $15 to log back in on all of them to keep them away from stupid people who want them really badly.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #1191 on: September 16, 2014, 07:09:32 AM

that reminds me, I actually intentionally took names like "cloud", "squall", "Sephiroth" etc on a bunch of servers when I signed up day 1 just for trolling purposes. I may literally pay $15 to log back in on all of them to keep them away from stupid people who want them really badly.
Interestingly, it is not enough to activate your account... you must log in to each and every character.  Small price to pay for your humanitarian efforts, but wanted to make sure that detail was not overlooked.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: September 19, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15968415/spoiler-alert-warlords-of-draenor-in-game-cinematics-9-19-2014

Self describing URL is self describing. Not too shabby with their in-game engine these days.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1193 on: September 19, 2014, 03:07:31 PM

I can't believe we just glossed over the fact the blizzard said "fuck it, we'll post all this shit officially now"

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #1194 on: September 19, 2014, 03:10:04 PM

Better them than the data miners.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1195 on: September 19, 2014, 03:24:55 PM

I'm sure there's more to come. This is just pre-game spin cycle filler.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1196 on: September 19, 2014, 10:00:47 PM

It's pretty sad that they can't work the player character into the plot even when they're using in-engine cinematics. I was actually feeling a slight itch to play my goblin last week, but watching that stuff, ugh. Never mind.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1197 on: September 20, 2014, 06:39:52 AM

Weird.  I just see two minutes of the Blizzard logo on all the videos.  Even on YouTube.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #1198 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:47 AM

They aren't really in-game cinematics in that sense. They're custom animated and pre-rendered cinematics with in-game assets.

Weird.  I just see two minutes of the Blizzard logo on all the videos.  Even on YouTube.
It's a spoiler warning pre-video. Skip to the end of it so that the next video in the playlist plays.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1199 on: September 20, 2014, 06:56:49 AM

Would those of you who aren't playing and/or don't care about spoilers, please not come back to this forum and discuss what you see in those videos?

At the very least, use spoiler tags.

I get that this is the place where we snark on Blizzard for being a bunch of idiots, but I'd just as soon wait, and watch these things in-game.

Thanks.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: September 20, 2014, 07:44:17 AM

I will say they really look good. In particular, there's a scene where a character is talking and the mouth isn't the old clamshell. Impressive if that's the level of detail in all of the new models.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1201 on: September 20, 2014, 03:31:03 PM

You have to click on the spoiler warning thinger in the video to get the real one.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1202 on: September 23, 2014, 07:30:10 PM

Pre-patching for 6.0.2 is live. Get ready for 13 gigs of  awesome, for real

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1203 on: September 28, 2014, 01:53:41 AM

Is flying still out for the expansion zones?
Current take is out until 6.1 where it will be "reviewed with community feedback taken into consideration". Which is, you know, what they've been saying all along.

When they publicly eat crow on flying in the new expack, I might give a shit and consider going back. Until then, they can continue to not get my money.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: September 28, 2014, 05:42:43 AM

Is flying still out for the expansion zones?
Current take is out until 6.1 where it will be "reviewed with community feedback taken into consideration". Which is, you know, what they've been saying all along.

When they publicly eat crow on flying in the new expack, I might give a shit and consider going back. Until then, they can continue to not get my money.

Won't happen.  They've always hedged their words on it, so much that I believe they always intended to have flying a year into the expac but really don't want people to get their hopes up.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1205 on: October 05, 2014, 02:19:25 AM

Don't get me wrong - I'm not Paelos expecting a personal email of apology. But I won't go back until flying it added properly. Or to put it more correctly, I won't consider going back until then.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1206 on: October 05, 2014, 03:33:57 PM

Don't get me wrong - I'm not Paelos expecting a personal email of apology. But I won't go back until flying it added properly. Or to put it more correctly, I won't consider going back until then.

It doesn't have to be a personal email, just a nice form letter email will be just fine.  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1207 on: October 09, 2014, 09:41:35 AM

(I haven't read this whole thread)

What do you mean? Flying in the new expansion? Don't they always launch without it, and it's a carrot at whatever max_level is?

Do they now allow flying in Panda for everybody, or do you have to get to 80 or whatever? I haven't kept up.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: October 09, 2014, 09:52:38 AM

No flying in the new expansion at launch. Maybe coming at the first major post-xpac patch.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1209 on: October 09, 2014, 10:38:29 AM

(I haven't read this whole thread)

What do you mean? Flying in the new expansion? Don't they always launch without it, and it's a carrot at whatever max_level is?

Do they now allow flying in Panda for everybody, or do you have to get to 80 or whatever? I haven't kept up.

BC had flying, in Outland, once you got to max level and paid your fee.
LK had flying, in Northrend, once you got to max level and paid your fee. Or was it level 78? I don't remember now.
Cata had flying, in Azeroth (plus Deepholm) if you were level 80+. The level cap was 85. Can't remember if there was a new fee involved.
Mists has flying, in Pandaria, once you get to max level and pay your fee.
In Warlords, there might be flying, in Draenor-2, once the dev team finds out how many people will quit because they can't fly stops hedging around the issue and gives us a straight answer.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:38 AM

Cata had a fee. LK was at 80, or 78ish after your first 80.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1211 on: October 09, 2014, 10:58:42 AM

No flying, no laundry.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1212 on: October 09, 2014, 11:11:11 AM

No flying, no laundry.

Let's be honest, will you even be max level before the first major patch?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1213 on: October 09, 2014, 11:13:20 AM

No flying, no laundry.
This. Line in the sand.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1214 on: October 09, 2014, 11:45:05 AM

No flying, no laundry.

Let's be honest, will you even be max level before the first major patch?

No if I bought in this time it would be well after the fact. I'm no longer a play at release person. I doubt I'll play this at all unless I got the expansion for free (which is essentially what they should sell this for since it's a glorified patch in most cases). They would have to prove that aren't being stupid anymore, but pretty much everything about the expansion sounds like reheated ideas with the biggest feature (garrisons) being gutted and turned into something lackluster.

Add in no flying and why would we bother coming back? Games are supposed to be FUN, especially older games, not a series of ridiculous cockblocks. The whole expansion seems lazy, and not allowing flying would be for only one reason, they don't want to make all the art assets. Invisible walls instead of full terrains. And yet they STILL took longer than any other expansion to get this one out.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:46:36 AM by Paelos »

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: October 15, 2014, 11:30:57 AM

Conversely, no flying kinda makes me want to play this for some reason.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1216 on: October 15, 2014, 11:52:37 AM

Conversely, no flying kinda makes me want to play this for some reason.

Same, but I suspect we're a significant minority.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1217 on: October 15, 2014, 12:53:26 PM

Really? Being able to ride flying mounts is the one feature of this game that's keeping you guys from subbing up?

I find that unlikely, at best.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1218 on: October 15, 2014, 03:33:28 PM

Really? Being able to ride flying mounts is the one feature of this game that's keeping you guys from subbing up?

Draegan is the hardcore outlier of F13.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1219 on: October 15, 2014, 05:12:03 PM

Flying was a huge mistake but you can't just take something like that away from players.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1220 on: October 15, 2014, 05:18:53 PM

Hardly. But the idea of the world not being shrunk by zipping around anymore seems fun. So then I consider coming back and realize all the things that I dislike about the game.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1221 on: October 15, 2014, 05:19:58 PM

Hardly. But the idea of the world not being shrunk by zipping around anymore seems fun. So then I consider coming back and realize all the things that I dislike about the game.

Flying was literally the first step in the game becoming as antisocial as it now is.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: October 15, 2014, 06:22:57 PM

Flying made me enjoy it more, but then I got my green proto-drake on my second attempt and that was my favorite mount ever, even beating out the zhevra.  And then on the fifth or sixth with my other character.

I wonder if Nevermore ever got one...

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: October 15, 2014, 06:36:39 PM

No doubt flying IS fun but I believe it disconnects players from each other(And the ground awesome, for real) and that disconnect when compounded over and over by other design decisions makes the game a lot less sticky.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1224 on: October 16, 2014, 12:19:28 AM

I don't play MMOs to have forced social interactions with strangers (or internet-friends). I did that in EQ for long enough, and while I had great guildmates from various places around the world, those relationships are long gone. I play MMOs for persistent character development, a large-enough sandbox with enough theme park so I can make my own fun by exploring or wandering around - or go for a quest/NPC-driven ride, and to play socially not with internet randoms or guildmates, but with actual friends and loved-ones. Flying and the freedoms it brings helps that enormously.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: