Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484777 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: June 05, 2014, 08:25:57 AM

Multistrike looks like a fun stat. I like the design theory behind all these new stats. Stats that make your character play different rather than just +gooder. Good on them.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #806 on: June 05, 2014, 10:10:51 AM

Multistrike looks like a fun stat. I like the design theory behind all these new stats. Stats that make your character play different rather than just +gooder. Good on them.

Did we read the same article? Versatility is LITERALLY +gooder the stat. Multistrike is crit with a different name. The rest are minor effects like 5% less AOE damage, whoop de fricken do.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: June 05, 2014, 10:40:06 AM

You're one of those people who doesn't have fun at parties do you?

Multistrike looks fun in the same vein it's fun to see GIANT CRIT NUMBERS WEEE! If I shit out three fireballs instead of one, that's cool. If I cast a fireball and just see lots of numbers at the same time, that's cool too.

But yes you're right about the Versatility stat. Shrug.

This game is old as fuck, who really cares anymore?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #808 on: June 05, 2014, 11:13:08 AM

Certainly not the developers, or they'd have done something by now. This is taking forever.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #809 on: June 05, 2014, 03:57:24 PM

Why do you care? I thought you were ~*DONE FOREVER*~ with WoW?   why so serious?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: June 05, 2014, 04:10:34 PM

Multi-strike is really a super-crit, as the more you have, the more likely you are to do extra damage.  It'll run into the same problem that CoH had with resistance or defense nearing 100%, only with damage instead of mitigation.  If you can get both multi-strike and versatility, it's game over.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #811 on: June 05, 2014, 07:22:54 PM

I don't have a problem with versatility as a stat, it's just boring. They may as well call it "Also Mastery".
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: June 06, 2014, 06:36:34 AM

Multi-strike is really a super-crit, as the more you have, the more likely you are to do extra damage.  It'll run into the same problem that CoH had with resistance or defense nearing 100%, only with damage instead of mitigation.  If you can get both multi-strike and versatility, it's game over.

Yeah but WOW is a simple game for most people. If I were playing, I like the idea of seeing MOAR numbers flashing on my screen. But I'm a simple kind of guy too. Toss in crit and you have MOAR BIGGERS. \o/
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #813 on: June 21, 2014, 03:03:15 AM

From the default UI Oqueue replacement:

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #814 on: June 27, 2014, 10:51:04 AM

LOL

So apparently the Blizzard devs put a bunch of time and effort into making Karabor and Bladespire the Alliance and Horde capital cities in Draenor-2. I say "apparently" because I haven't been paying attention up until now.

But today, on the day that WoFWAB beta invites go out, this toolbox goes on twitter to announce that the Alliance and Horde capitals will both be what amount to shanty towns in the PvP zone known as Ashran.

The evidence keeps mounting that these blockheads hate their playerbase.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: June 27, 2014, 11:46:57 AM

I don't think they have any clue what they are doing anymore. I got a beta invite, not sure I even care.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #816 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:30 PM

Maybe it's their way of forcing everyone to build up their stronghold?  Shit. Can't go to the Capitol.  Stronghold ahoy!

Or are the strongholds entirely uses cosmetic bullshit with no services?  I really haven't cared to read up as I already know I'm not buying.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: June 27, 2014, 02:18:41 PM

Maybe it's their way of forcing everyone to build up their stronghold?  Shit. Can't go to the Capitol.  Stronghold ahoy!

Or are the strongholds entirely uses cosmetic bullshit with no services?  I really haven't cared to read up as I already know I'm not buying.

Strongholds aren't what they originally were going to be.  Think of them like quest hubs where each zone you get to choose whether to build quest hub A or B.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #818 on: June 27, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

Really?

Ahahahahahahhahahahha.  That's awful for so many reasons. You thought phasing was bad in WOTLK, here, have it worse!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #819 on: June 27, 2014, 04:52:24 PM

No idea why this matters, but it does seem to have ruffled some feathers.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #820 on: June 27, 2014, 04:53:52 PM

Because people thought it was going to be a cool housing-like system and now it isn't?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #821 on: June 27, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

Because people thought it was going to be a cool housing-like system and now it isn't?

So it's not garrisons? It's just a hovel?

Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #822 on: June 27, 2014, 05:02:02 PM

Or is it like AC2 (I think it was AC2) where players had to dump resources into the hubs to build them up? So lazy folk just wait till it's all done and pffft and meh?
Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:31 AM

Strongholds aren't what they originally were going to be.  Think of them like quest hubs where each zone you get to choose whether to build quest hub A or B.

The strongholds were the only fucking new feature in the expansion.

This is literally turning into a $60 content patch.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #824 on: June 28, 2014, 07:27:27 AM

The strongholds were the only fucking new feature in the expansion.

This is literally turning into a $60 content patch.

Wow, they've fucked this up in a way I never saw coming. I fully expected them to pour all their efforts into strongholds since that was their only real expansion selling point. The PR machine will have to turn hard now.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #825 on: June 28, 2014, 02:31:47 PM

What? No. That is just part of it. The stuff in each zone, where you get to choose something, are outposts of your main base. Your main base is still going to be a big fat grind that you'll customize and level up. You choose what buildings are in your base, you recruit followers, all of that stuff is still in.

Or at least, the idiots making this thing haven't yet gone on twitter to announce that they're scrapping it so that you can really enjoy world PvP, if only you'd give it a chance you guys!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #826 on: June 28, 2014, 09:53:06 PM

So this is going to be...a PVP focused expansion???  If this is true then the outcome is going to be worse, much worse, than Cata ever was.  Do they NOT know who comprises their player base? Facepalm
Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #827 on: June 29, 2014, 01:06:49 AM

Heard somewhere that battle pet breeding was axed. Anyone know anything?

If so, that's the end of the wife's interest in this expac and thus the end of mine.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #828 on: June 29, 2014, 02:00:12 AM

This thread is worse than MMO-C. Nice work everyone!

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #829 on: June 29, 2014, 06:48:57 AM

Heard somewhere that battle pet breeding was axed. Anyone know anything?

If so, that's the end of the wife's interest in this expac and thus the end of mine.

I didn't even know that was a thing. Did it get hyped at Blizzcon, or something?

Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #830 on: June 29, 2014, 08:07:29 AM

I didn't even know that was a thing. Did it get hyped at Blizzcon, or something?

I think there was supposed to be an optional garrison building that let you do it. It was kept low-key and wasn't really hyped, but it was all my better half gave a shit about.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #831 on: June 29, 2014, 08:57:12 AM

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #832 on: June 29, 2014, 09:00:49 AM

Well that is an April Fool's joke. Look at the date on the article. Plus the "content designer" is named April Folson. And as you scroll down the hybrids get more and more ridiculous.
Pretty funny actually  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #833 on: June 29, 2014, 09:06:41 AM

Yeah but on the other hand Wizgar's posts.
Also:
LOL

So apparently the Blizzard devs put a bunch of time and effort into making Karabor and Bladespire the Alliance and Horde capital cities in Draenor-2. I say "apparently" because I haven't been paying attention up until now.
I don't think you were the only one not paying attention:

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #834 on: June 29, 2014, 09:09:31 AM

I like how you keep trolling the Bitch thread.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #835 on: June 29, 2014, 09:14:04 AM

I like how you keep trolling the Bitch thread.
Yeah, well...

This thread is worse than MMO-C. Nice work everyone!

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: June 29, 2014, 10:25:14 AM

Keep on tilting those windmills.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #837 on: June 29, 2014, 11:04:20 AM

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #838 on: June 29, 2014, 04:38:00 PM

http://www.wowhead.com/news=241493/guild-leveling-effectively-removed-in-warlords-of-draenor

Self-describing URL is self-describing. I'm starting to have serious buyer's remorse over my pre-order  swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: June 29, 2014, 04:51:36 PM

After poking around, it seems that some people have been successful in getting their pre-orders refunded by going through Bliz's support channels, though the action locks out your boosted-90 character until you give the money back or buy the expansion later.

I submitted a ticket just a little bit ago...will report back what happens.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: