Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:17:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484759 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #455 on: April 01, 2014, 06:15:27 PM

Warriors have been nerfed because reasons.

That made my day.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: April 01, 2014, 06:49:01 PM

Chakra, when the walls fell.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #457 on: April 01, 2014, 07:42:16 PM

Oh wow all the blizzard stuff was great.  Really made up for taking last April Fool's off basically.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #458 on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:56 PM

To make playing a Mage more enjoyable, players who use the words “tray,” “food,” “drink,” “table,” “snack,” “mage,” or “pls” in Raid, Party, Battleground, Say, Yell, General, or Trade channels within a Mage’s hearing are killed instantly.

If only.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: April 01, 2014, 09:09:48 PM

"Homerock" cracked me up considerably more than it should have...
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: April 02, 2014, 02:00:28 AM

Chakra, when the walls fell.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Yeah, that was when I started crying the laugh tears. 

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #461 on: April 02, 2014, 07:53:02 AM

That is actually pretty funny.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: April 03, 2014, 06:38:30 PM

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: April 03, 2014, 06:48:56 PM

Hahahahahaha. Thanks for saving me $40; nothing in there makes me want to ever touch this game again.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: April 03, 2014, 07:04:52 PM

A lot of it is copy/pastes of previous articles they've posted about changes (item squish, healing changes, stat changes).  The notes just get a little more specific about those, and a hell of a lot more specific on class changes.

Automatic Major Glyph learning will cheese off Inscriptors, but something like this was bound to happen.  Capitalism rabble rabble  why so serious?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Care to be more specific?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #465 on: April 03, 2014, 07:09:50 PM

It's just not very sexy.  But, I'm not their audience, I haven't been over WoW since the start of Cata.  These don't seem like, "come back to WoW and do this awesome thing" features that might draw someone back.  There's that garrison, but it sounds a lot like my ship from SWTOR.

There's still something else big and unknown planned, right?

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: April 03, 2014, 08:03:19 PM

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Care to be more specific?
Sure. Stream of consciousness bitching incoming, as I reread the notes and whine.

Stat squish is stupid as a concept. Getting weaker as the game progresses is bad design.

Str=Agi=Int is stupid. Why bother having different stats if they all do functionally the same thing?

Removed Dodge, Parry, Hit, Expertise. So that leaves what, Crit, Mastery and Haste as the only stats left on gear? And since items generally have two modifers, that's literally only 6 possible combinations of gear. How interesting. Again, why even still have stats? Just give items an armor type (or simpler, class/spec restrictions!) and ilvl.

PVP shit, blah blah tl;dr. Don't care about PVP.

Let's make healing harder again! That's worked out so well in the past. Also, smart heals are no longer smart.  swamp poop

Racials: Mostly tl;dr, but Undead can no longer "breathe" underwater indefinitely. Because that makes fucking sense.

Ability Removal: This is the part where I really lost it. So many cool abilities ripped out or made spec specific. Coil for DKs, Innervate, Hunter's Mark, AE/Blizzard, Salv, TClap/WW, Sunder. Also all disarms and cast speed slows.

Auto-glyphs is fucking dumb too, although I imagine glyphs will just be removed entirely by next expansion.

Health Potions and Healthstones now share a cooldown, to fix a bug where someone occasionally clicked on a Healthstone.

DKs no longer need to put up diseases first, because clicking that one button that applies both is fucking hard. Death Strike's healing is now just based on attack power, because it used to require a bit of skill to use well.

Don't know the rest of the classes well enough (in their MoP form) so that's all tl;dr too.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: April 03, 2014, 10:05:05 PM

Yea... I'm not sure what to think. Item squish actually looks ok (the huge numbers were silly), and while some of the removed abilities make me sad (I LIKED using frostbrand as a resto shaman, dammit), I can see where they are coming from. I do agree with Rendakor that some of the streamlining cost most of the depth the classes had in the first place (such as deathstrike timing for DK tanks), which makes me even more sadface.

PVP remains clownshoes as ever, though. Reducing the number of CCs (as well as consolidating the various DRs) is a good idea, but now you have one race that can break all 'mez' CCs on a separate cooldown from the trinket (and another that can break all 'root' CCs separately). Gee, I wonder how that'll work out. They're also removing all blanket silences except for one racial... that also happens to be AOE.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:07:31 PM by Zetor »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #468 on: April 03, 2014, 11:29:34 PM

That’s a lot of big changes for healers: reduced throughput, a more deliberate pace, less powerful “smart” heals, weaker absorbs, fewer spells, and a new focus on efficiency decisions. We’re confident that we can apply lessons learned from previous expansions to make this the best healer experience yet: more dynamic, less punishing, and frankly a lot more fun.

lol

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: April 03, 2014, 11:35:16 PM

Yes, we've reduced throughput, established a more deliberate pace, had less powerful "smart" heals, weaker absorbs, fewer spells and focused on efficiency decisions before, but this time it will be different!  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #470 on: April 03, 2014, 11:48:22 PM

It'll be so fun you guys.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #471 on: April 03, 2014, 11:49:57 PM

To be completely fair, fewer spells doesn't really bother me, and the "fuck it, let's dump a bunch of these goddamn abilities out the back window" streamlining is something I think is an overall good thing. But that paragraph in the healer section seriously did make me laugh out loud.  why so serious?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #472 on: April 04, 2014, 03:38:58 AM

Healers are also losing thier instant cast spells, because pvp.  I would also be okay with fewer spells but they should have done so by combining them, like my straight heals now have a regen or shield built in (non mastery based).

"Healing will be more fun because you no longer have the stress of carrying a bad group, since you can't anymore.  Surely once people start dying over and over they will learn to use their own defensive talents and not stand in fire.  It's not like they would blame you when they die right?"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #473 on: April 04, 2014, 03:42:28 AM

Yeah slapping a cast time on a bunch of shit would probably be the thing that pissed me off most, were I still playing my paladin. I spent years being stationary, don't make me go baaaack. :((((((

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: April 04, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

Those patch notes are a clusterfuck.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: April 04, 2014, 06:20:39 AM

Cripes.  Did they fire the C-team to bring in the D-team?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #476 on: April 04, 2014, 07:05:59 AM

I'll add my 2 coppers on these notes. RANT TIME! For starters, holy shit that took forever to tell us about absolutely nothing in terms of new features, other than the Garrisons.

- Stat squish was necessary and doesn't bother me at all. Frankly, it took too long to get here. They should have done this with MoP, as numbers were already unwieldy. The billion HP boss was coming at that rate.

- "Active mitigation has worked well for tanking" THE FUCK IT HAS. What are you seeing some massive increase in tanking that the rest of us aren't noticing? Because when the tanks dropped in LFR in many of my groups, you were proper fucked. The changes to stat tanking will kill any chance of people wanting to tank. Your gear was semi-useless before with the active model. Now, when they take out both dodge and parry from gear AND remove the gains from strength and agility stats? Fuck you, tanks, you're button mashers now. No amount of gearing can save you. In a gear game, they have removed the gear factor, and that's braindead stupid.

- Getting rid of hit and expertise is fine. They were horrible stats. It's funny that they've completely reversed course on expertise, a stat they added in the ZA patch because they didn't like people get skill bonuses from weapon types. I'm not even sure you have to skill weapons anymore.

- "We’re planning several interconnected changes designed to provide better-tuned gameplay for healers and improve the healing dynamic in PvP." That sentence along should scare the shit out of every PvE player everywhere. Always. I don't have to even read what comes after it, healers are getting fucked. This is known.

- "To that end, we’re buffing heals less than we’re increasing player health. Heals will be deliberately less potent compared to health pools than before the item squish. Additionally, as gear improves, the scaling rates of health and healing will now be very similar, so the relative power of any given healing spell shouldn’t climb so much over the course of this expansion. For those concerned about what this means for raiding, don’t worry—we’re taking all of these changes into account when designing Raid content for Warlords of Draenor." Yep, I was right. We're going to improve healing dynamics by making you less powerful. ARE YOU NOT GRATEFUL?!?!

- Getting rid of abilities. THANK. GOD. There is nothing worse for MMOs today than having 4 bars of shit on the screen with 3 of them being situational. There's literally no need for that. Shame on the games that launch that way, but at least WoW has the excuse of 8 years of bloat. This is long overdue. In that regard, I'm happy about the warrior stuff. Shouts being an hour should have been the way it was since release. We've been complaining about this for 8 freaking years. Getting rid of the other abilities is fine because there are so many other options that do the same thing.

- Lulz they want to root healers in place again. Attacking healers and tanks in the patch notes? Brilliant idea Blizzard, those fuckers were overpopulated.

- "The changes to tanking made in Mists of Pandaria turned out quite well, overall." LIES, LIAR LYING LIES YOU COCKSTABBING PIGFUCKERS.

- "We like that tanks can provide meaningful DPS to their group, however, it swung wildly based on the fight, even surpassing the dedicated damage dealers occasionally." What? Why do you care about DPS. Also, you used the world meaningful. The word that should not be used in any decision.

- "Then, to keep tank DPS meaningful, we'll be raising their damage, since it would be meager with no Vengeance Attack Power (Vengeance accounted for 70-90% of a tank's damage on high-tank-damage fights in Mists)" OMG they said it again. Meaningful DPS. We're tanking, not DPSing. I don't want to think about my DPS. It shouldn't be an issue. We have two specs now so we don't have to tank in the regular world. AAAAAARGH.

- Apparently you can now frontstab a backstab. That's QOL for you there, kids. The glyphs thing will only piss of crafters, and I don't care. "To that end, we're removing the direct combat benefits of Professions." Professions were good so now, not so much. Only Blizzard could right a note like that.

- Warriors: They are changing arms again. They aren't happy with the arms rotation. I'm trying to recall a time outside of Wrath that arms has been done right, and I'm struggling. At least they are removing banners, which was a fucking stupid idea in the first place. We have shouts already, why are we adding in this level of complexity? We're not shamans. They are making protection warriors stack haste and crit now. My mind boggles. We've gone from tanks to being another dps class with more responsibility. I want to fist-fuck the guy who did this.

So this? This is what we're getting? A series of nerfs and more of the same? The only big change of garrisons warranted less than 100 words in this ridiculous tome of bullshit. Fuck this xpac and it's inflated price for nothing but pain and misery to the players.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:11:50 AM by Paelos »

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #477 on: April 04, 2014, 07:12:27 AM

Lmao; just make it so each class is like a MOBA character and only has enough abilities to map to like 4-5 keys and get it the fuck over with.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: April 04, 2014, 07:37:52 AM

TL/DR: Balancing PvP in a game based on leveling and gearing is very difficult*, but we're going to keep making PvE players cope with our struggle to balance PvP anyway.

* here at Blizzard we're not allowed to acknowledge that it's impossible

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: April 04, 2014, 07:51:46 AM

I still don't understand why they don't separate abilities. You've got a PvE tab and a PvP tab. Problem solved.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: April 04, 2014, 08:29:34 AM

It'll be fun to watch them backpedal off of this stupid shit for the nth time.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: April 04, 2014, 08:45:22 AM

When, 6 months after launch?

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: April 04, 2014, 08:50:15 AM

I'd guess within 6 months.

What they're proposing looks painfully like what they've proposed again and again.  It certainly seems that they really want to develop for the playerbase they want, not the playerbase they have.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #483 on: April 04, 2014, 09:00:29 AM

At this point it makes no sense to play a WoW expansion at launch at all. Most of the content is barely available, they are pushing their ridiculous restrictions yet again, and people are farming the same areas.

After 6 months, the tend to patch the fun back in, for reasons I'll never understand. I'm just tired of doing the dance, especially if they are charging more for the privilege.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: April 04, 2014, 09:17:25 AM

Best to just give up. It feels cleaner.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: April 04, 2014, 09:26:11 AM

Oh, I have.  I just like watching the train wreck from the sidelines.

Blizzard:  Watch me pull a hardcore game system for WoW out of my hat!
Playerbase:  Again?  That trick never works!
Blizzard:  This time for sure!  Presto!
*that trick doesn't work*
Blizzard:  Now, here's something we hope you'll really like!
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: April 04, 2014, 09:35:22 AM

When, 6 months after launch?

Or net minus 2 million subs, whichever comes first.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: April 04, 2014, 09:37:03 AM

Oh, I have.  I just like watching the train wreck from the sidelines.

Blizzard:  Watch me pull a hardcore game system for WoW out of my hat!
Playerbase:  Again?  That trick never works!
Blizzard:  This time for sure!  Presto!
*that trick doesn't work*
Blizzard:  Now, here's something we hope you'll really like!

I think the line was/is 'Oops! Must be the wrong hat!' Or something to that effect. Been a while since I got my Rocky and Bullwinkle on. Now I want to go watch that, and Underdog, and Tennessee Tuxedo and...

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: April 04, 2014, 09:39:46 AM

What Rocky and Bullwinkle say varies.  I kind of did an aggregate of the ones I remember.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: April 04, 2014, 09:54:11 AM

The changes to stat tanking will kill any chance of people wanting to tank. Your gear was semi-useless before with the active model. Now, when they take out both dodge and parry from gear AND remove the gains from strength and agility stats? Fuck you, tanks, you're button mashers now. No amount of gearing can save you. In a gear game, they have removed the gear factor, and that's braindead stupid.

Tank gear is going to be more useful now since it will overlap with stats on DPS gear. The example they gave was that Warriors will want crit because every white crit gives 100% chance to parry the next attack. Monks already work this way with white crits proccing elusive brew for dodge.

Here is what crit might do for a prot warrior in WoD:
-More Rage
-Parry Procs
-Bigger self-heals/absorbs/threat

Here is what dodge did for a prot warrior in MoP:
-slightly increased dodge chance

- "Then, to keep tank DPS meaningful, we'll be raising their damage, since it would be meager with no Vengeance Attack Power (Vengeance accounted for 70-90% of a tank's damage on high-tank-damage fights in Mists)" OMG they said it again. Meaningful DPS. We're tanking, not DPSing. I don't want to think about my DPS. It shouldn't be an issue. We have two specs now so we don't have to tank in the regular world. AAAAAARGH.

They're lowering tank dps because they agree with you that tanks shouldn't be playing the class to top DPS meters. I'm sad about this but it's probably for the best.

Hahahahahaha. Thanks for saving me $40; nothing in there makes me want to ever touch this game again.

*$50  awesome, for real

I do not like most of those patch notes. Seems like a lot of changes for the sake of PvP which is and will always be a dumb activity in a gear-based game. There's a lot more class homogenization going on in WoD, which is the opposite of the direction they said they wanted to move in (under Ghostcrawler anyway). Lots of interesting abilities getting removed too.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: