Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:05:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  (Read 484804 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #350 on: February 25, 2014, 01:54:56 PM

Wait they are charging $60 for the expansion? That's laughable. $20 more than prior expansions and less content?

They must be joking.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: February 25, 2014, 02:07:34 PM

I don't think I ever saw them say they were charging $60 for the expansion. Did I miss something?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #352 on: February 25, 2014, 02:25:13 PM

No people throwing around $60 so much i thought price was set to that. Fine. Whatever. I figured passion expressed was over something in reality not idle speculation. My bad. Debate over nothing can continue.

EDIT: So confused.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:29:20 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #353 on: February 25, 2014, 02:26:16 PM

From what I've read the $60 price includes one level 90 boost. The level 90 boost will also be available separately for $60. It's not clear yet if the expansion will be available without the boost at a cheaper price.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #354 on: February 25, 2014, 02:27:33 PM

And if it's not $40, I have absolutely zero shot at playing it. I don't give a damn about boosting anything. I have two characters at 90 and that's all I have time for.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: March 01, 2014, 03:11:59 AM

And in the ultimate expression of "Killing bosses & stealing their shit", DKs are now the Lich King:
Defile
Replaces Death and Decay
Lasts 10 seconds. 30 second cooldown.
Deals damage to all enemies standing in it. Damage and area increase by 5% every time it deals damage, maximum of 3 times per second.
Enemies standing in your Defile deal 10% less damage to you.

Necrotic Plague
Replaces Frost Fever and Blood Plague
When Necrotic Plague deals damage it spreads itself to nearby targets and gains a stack. Maximum of 15 stacks.
You gain 5 Runic Power when an enemy with Necrotic Plague deals damage to you.

Breath of Sindragosa
Consumes Runic Power to continuously deal damage to all enemies in front of you. Enemies damaged by this breath are Marked. Targets with the Mark of Sindragosa deal 5% less magical damage to you.

(Or SindraaaAAAaaaaAAAAAAAaaAAAagosaAAAAA)

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: March 01, 2014, 07:53:41 AM

And if it's not $40, I have absolutely zero shot at playing it. I don't give a damn about boosting anything. I have two characters at 90 and that's all I have time for.

I can't imagine the price won't drop to 40 in short order if they start at 60.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #357 on: March 01, 2014, 12:25:01 PM

Oh how I hated that actress' voice.  BE TRAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSZZZ EWEEEEEEEE

So are DKs really so under-represented now that they're getting buffed like this? I know they lost a lot of the fun to their play in Cata through MoP but there still seemed to be a bunch of them when I stopped playing last April or whenever.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: March 01, 2014, 12:57:31 PM

Oh how I hated that actress' voice.  BE TRAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSZZZ EWEEEEEEEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jInIBx65tfU

So are DKs really so under-represented now that they're getting buffed like this? I know they lost a lot of the fun to their play in Cata through MoP but there still seemed to be a bunch of them when I stopped playing last April or whenever.
I think it's just that it's easy to steal abilities for new DK talents that way, while other classes have to have abilities 'inspired by' - mainly because most of the "classic" abilities have already been given out previously (Avatar for warriors in MoP, for example). WoD talent trees: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator-wod

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: March 01, 2014, 02:03:46 PM

I welcome the DK 100 talents.  The 90 ones were horrid, and a poor choice for that tier compared to other classes.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: March 01, 2014, 04:22:49 PM

The DK MoP talents in general were shit, since a lot of them represented choosing one of two things where you used to have both before. The talent system is the reason I left WoW and am unlikely to return.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: March 09, 2014, 02:16:44 PM

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: March 09, 2014, 05:48:22 PM

Looks like someone in marketing goofed and dropped the ad video early.

And yes, that gnome is  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: March 10, 2014, 10:18:34 AM

Aaaaaaand preorders are now available.  Also, 90 boosts are live in game for the reported $60 a pop.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #364 on: March 10, 2014, 10:24:58 AM

I'd love to get a report on their sales for that upgrade, just to see how many deep pockets are still involved in WoW. Or if they are offended by this move.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: March 10, 2014, 10:55:22 AM

I'm three levels away from 60 with my Monk.  Gonna burn my boost on him for the profession boost.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: March 10, 2014, 11:30:51 AM

Also, we have a hard-deadline of 12/20/14 for release.  It could be before that, but it looks like they didn't wanna look shaky by putting up pre-orders without some kind of expectation for when people could play.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: March 10, 2014, 11:49:32 AM

$10 more than previous expansions, with seemingly (from what they've shown) lower quantity & less interesting content, and with a content gap that will be longer than ICC. SoO launched in Sept and the ETA on the purchase page for this is Fall or potentially as late as Dec.

swamp poop
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: March 10, 2014, 11:54:25 AM

Yeah I don't really understand the higher price. No new race/class should mean a faster turn around time for a new expansion but it obviously isn't.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: March 10, 2014, 12:08:46 PM

It's the "free" 90 boost.  Again, for one (and for some people, they may only play one) character, you get to give the finger to the last 10 years of content, patches, and other fluff.

Aside from that, I wouldn't underestimate just how much dev time and stuff is going into the Garrison thing.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #370 on: March 10, 2014, 12:49:45 PM

No, the expansion without level 90 boost is $49.99 which is $10 more than the Mists of Panderia standard edition price of $39.99.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #371 on: March 10, 2014, 12:52:23 PM

My wife will want a CE but I'm willing to bet I can talk her out of it.  I'm going to be skipping because I've realized I'm done.  There's enough freemium games out there to support my MMO habit and they're equally engaging. If all you do is PUG raids, they have the same quality & difficulty as WoWs, as I've found in the last 9 months.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #372 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:31 PM

I'd love to get a report on their sales for that upgrade, just to see how many deep pockets are still involved in WoW. Or if they are offended by this move.
Enough of them to crash their store page awesome, for real

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:00 PM

No, the expansion without level 90 boost is $49.99 which is $10 more than the Mists of Panderia standard edition price of $39.99.

Incorrect.  I just bought the 49.99 regular.  It came with a level boost that I'm putting on my Monk right now.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #374 on: March 10, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

Ah okay I read it wrong, thanks. $69.99 is the digital deluxe preorder.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: March 10, 2014, 02:02:32 PM

Boost complete.  I find myself on the Timeless Isle, all geared out and ready to rock  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #376 on: March 10, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

Also, we have a hard-deadline of 12/20/14 for release.  It could be before that, but it looks like they didn't wanna look shaky by putting up pre-orders without some kind of expectation for when people could play.

That's absolutely insane. The expectation was that they were going to stop patching to move faster past the lag of the prior expansions. The expectation was they would have something out by summer at the latest. And now we're hearing that they are going slower than ever AND giving us less content?

Forget it, there's no way I'm paying for that after being out of the game for over a year.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: March 10, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

Boost complete.  I find myself on the Timeless Isle, all geared out and ready to rock  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Now you just have to wait nine months or so.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: March 10, 2014, 03:35:08 PM

Also, we have a hard-deadline of 12/20/14 for release.  It could be before that, but it looks like they didn't wanna look shaky by putting up pre-orders without some kind of expectation for when people could play.

That's absolutely insane. The expectation was that they were going to stop patching to move faster past the lag of the prior expansions. The expectation was they would have something out by summer at the latest. And now we're hearing that they are going slower than ever AND giving us less content?

Forget it, there's no way I'm paying for that after being out of the game for over a year.
I have a hunch we'll be getting Ruby Sanctum 2.0 sometime late spring / early summer just to 'tide people over' until Warlords... with probably similar results as in 2010.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #379 on: March 10, 2014, 03:41:36 PM

They may, but I just don't see it coming. Or if it does, we just won't care. I think something has completely come off the rails over there. Several people I know that worked there bailed, for reason that weren't clear, and the time gap here is one of the largest ever between content updates if it goes to term.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: March 10, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

Well, "we just won't care" was what I meant by similar results  awesome, for real I don't know anyone who was actually enthusiastic about Ruby Sanctum except for a small group of uber-raiders. But I bet they'll do something like that anyway just to say "here is your content, now shuddap!"

edit: words
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:50:27 PM by Zetor »

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #381 on: March 10, 2014, 03:59:31 PM

I think something has completely come off the rails over there. Several people I know that worked there bailed, for reason that weren't clear, and the time gap here is one of the largest ever between content updates if it goes to term.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've suspected there's going to be fallout from the mothership for Titan not going anyplace.  Autonomy or not, Blizzard's made enough mis-steps in the recent past I'm sure some shark in the hierarchy is using them to his advantage in some internal power play.  They're just too large to avoid that sort of corporate bullshit anymore, particularly when a larger company owns them.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: March 10, 2014, 04:05:27 PM

Well, "we just won't care" was what I meant by similar results  awesome, for real I don't know anyone who was actually enthusiastic about Ruby Sanctum except for a small group of uber-raiders. But I bet they'll do something like that anyway just to say "here is your content, now shuddap!"

edit: words
RS was also annoyingly hard, even for a guild that had cleared ICC (but not H ICC). I don't think we ever actually downed it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: March 10, 2014, 05:07:34 PM

They may, but I just don't see it coming.
https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/443101457034661888

You're not having much luck with your predictions today, are you?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #384 on: March 10, 2014, 06:02:58 PM

Well that was fast. I guess somebody over there did the math.

Promising "something" with no date and no idea WTF they are talking about isn't going to rile me up anymore.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Bitch Thread for Warlords of Draenor  
Jump to: