Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Vaping: 2013-2014 Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vaping: 2013-2014 Edition  (Read 132667 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #280 on: June 06, 2015, 06:28:06 PM

That setup is arguably perfect for almost everyone. I personally prefer the vape an sx350 driven mod gives the Atlantis, but it's marginal (SX350s have better battery management and power delivery than whatever the shit is in a CF Sub Ohm).

I'm enjoying an Origenny on my Wapari right now, but literally right next to it is a Silo Beast (Beyondvape.com's kinda high-end answer to the Atlantis - uses Atlantis coils) on a Styx (SX350 thing).
I respect your experience. However, I have to answer to my wife when it comes to my budget for vaping, so that's why my opinion is what it is.
I am on record at many vape expos saying that if the Atlantis and CF Sub Ohm had been the first thing that came out of China for vaping, that the industry would not be nearly as "inventive" as it is now, as that setup is as good as what most people call "high end."

Certainly better than a Kayfun on a fucking tube.

If you find yourself with about $280 kicking about, I think getting an SX-Mini M-Class and a Silo Beast w/ Nano tank is probably the "best" you'll get til technology shifts again.
schild
Administrator

Reply #281 on: June 24, 2015, 03:08:50 PM

New best kit on the market is the Kanger Subox. It's not even funny how good it is. They nailed it. I don't typically tell people to shop at Fast Tech but when I do it's because their price is $20-$30 less than everyone else:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/2385501-authentic-kanger-subox-mini-black-starter-kit
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #282 on: June 30, 2015, 12:43:00 PM

Is the item pictured at the link what you hold in your mouth? It looks cumbersone and ridiculous.

*This question will very likely reveal that I know nothing about vaping.*

I have never played WoW.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #283 on: June 30, 2015, 12:46:37 PM

Is the item pictured at the link what you hold in your mouth? It looks cumbersone and ridiculous.

You could post this on any internet forum and it would be funny.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #284 on: June 30, 2015, 04:48:52 PM

I uh

huh

It's like the smallest electronic-chip driven mod on the market. You must have carny-small hands if you think that's cumbersome looking.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #285 on: June 30, 2015, 09:24:12 PM

It's the part you hold in your hand, it contains the battery and the electronics that regulate the current. You screw your atomizing components of choice (it comes with one of the latest RBA/replaceable core tanks) onto that, which in turn holds a 'tip', which is the part you put in your mouth.

'Cig-alike' models are considered 'starters', what you use when you're worried that holding a battery/tank rig to your face will make people look at you funny. Then you realize that batteries big enough to pass for a cigarette have a power capacity of about an hour's use, and something that looks like a cigarette is actually going to attract more attention when used inside, so you move onto something better.

If you want a recap of the current state of rigs, it's been a year or two since we did one, and probably worthwhile. Or maybe a new thread since this one is about six months past the declared date.  Schild is now a big cheese in commercial vaping suppliers, maybe he can give us a new overview.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #286 on: June 30, 2015, 10:23:51 PM

I suppose we could retire this thread.

Since fucking EVERYTHING has changed.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #287 on: July 01, 2015, 09:24:01 AM

LOL

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #288 on: July 01, 2015, 04:04:05 PM

Naw, for real, I mean just today my company was just voted Vape Summit's Best eJuice for 2015 by actual human beings.

So, yayy.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: July 01, 2015, 05:08:28 PM

Naw, for real, I mean just today my company was just voted Vape Summit's Best eJuice for 2015 by actual human beings.

So, yayy.
Where do I browse to, to purchase your ejuice.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #290 on: July 01, 2015, 08:10:35 PM

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: July 02, 2015, 11:08:52 PM

Send me a crunch sample and if I like it I'll buy 5 vials.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #292 on: July 06, 2015, 01:02:25 PM

So, yayy.
Where do I browse to, to purchase your ejuice.

Phrasing? Or are we not doing that any more?

I have never played WoW.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: August 04, 2015, 01:20:40 AM

New best kit on the market is the Kanger Subox. It's not even funny how good it is. They nailed it. I don't typically tell people to shop at Fast Tech but when I do it's because their price is $20-$30 less than everyone else:

https://www.fasttech.com/product/2385501-authentic-kanger-subox-mini-black-starter-kit

I like my kanger subtank. I like this even more. The vapor is colder somehow even at higher wattage. The airflow is amazing.

schild
Administrator

Reply #294 on: August 08, 2015, 01:08:47 PM

Yea. The new coils, being vertical, are vastly superior and closer to the Atlantis.

Ill start a new thread when I get home from ECC in Pamona this coming week.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #295 on: August 09, 2015, 09:59:58 AM

ACK!  Since I broke my wrist, I find I can't fiddle with my Atlantis innards.  I'm using some common and not very satisfying now.  I am sad.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #296 on: August 10, 2015, 08:38:36 AM

I bet if you got some needle-nose pliers you could probably manage without much applied force.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #297 on: September 16, 2015, 08:56:58 PM

If I knew how to replicate Halo's Turkish flavor, I'd be set.

I'm pretty much a slave to this company. And since they're from Jersey, that's probably not good in the longrun.
schild
Administrator

Reply #298 on: September 17, 2015, 12:39:50 AM

State of Mass Market Vaping, September 2015 (Links provided are basically the result of just knowing some stores, I don't care where you shop, but definitely shop at Giant Vapes whenever possible):

Best Mod - IPV D2: http://www.beyondvape.com/store/all-ecigs-mods-c-10_59/pioneer4u-75w-ipv-d2-temp-control-p-2989.html
Use this battery - https://www.imrbatteries.com/aosibo-18650-2600mah-60a-flat-top-battery/

Atty for Savory Flavors - Kanger Subtank Mini: http://www.beyondvape.com/store/clearomizer-tanks-c-21_62/kanger-subtank-mini-p-2084.html
Use this coil (Subtank Vertical OCC) - https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/occ-vertical-coil-replacement-head-5pack.html

Atty for Sweet Flavors - Beyond Vape Silo Beast - http://www.beyondvape.com/store/bv-tanks-atomizers-c-112_117/beyond-vape-silo-beast-tank-kit-p-2310.html
Buy this tank replacement thing - http://www.beyondvape.com/store/bv-tanks-atomizers-c-112_117/beyond-vape-silo-beast-shorty-sleeve-p-2314.html
Use these coils (.4 ohms) - http://www.giantvapes.com/triton-occ-bvc-coil-5-pack/

Best New Stupid Priced Juice: http://www.giantvapes.com/symmetry-six/ - It's ridiculous.

I'm happy to pimp my own brand, but whatever. We released 4 new juices in the last 3 months. One of them tastes like some corn nonsense. No, I'm not joking.

Also we won "People's Choice" vote that took place over nearly 6 months. We're in somewhere between 500 and 1000 stores now. Yay team. Throw a rock and you can probably find us near you.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:41:34 AM by schild »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #299 on: September 17, 2015, 01:25:45 AM

That's your stuff? What's the best tobacco flavor? It's the one thing I see others not try well. Which is why I'm a fan of Halo's tobacco juices.

Because even after a few years of vaping, I'm still a cigarette fiend at heart. I'm only trying to recreate the experience.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #300 on: September 17, 2015, 05:20:53 AM

Did you know?  A study is released which shows kids are using ecigs to vape THC and other things which, unlike nicotine, are terrible.  Obviously funded by Big Tobaccy since "everyone" knows you vaporize weed in a pax.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #301 on: September 17, 2015, 06:22:04 AM

Smoking weed with this equipment sounds like a waste. Way too much resin and hard to clean. Just get a pipe.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #302 on: September 17, 2015, 06:36:34 AM

There is another purpose-built tool for it.  You can get rid of your pipe unless you somehow like the taste of burning.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #303 on: September 17, 2015, 06:39:46 AM

Well, I don't smoke weed. Not in decades. You would know better than I.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #304 on: September 17, 2015, 07:01:09 AM

Good talk.

schild
Administrator

Reply #305 on: September 17, 2015, 11:04:02 AM

That's your stuff? What's the best tobacco flavor? It's the one thing I see others not try well. Which is why I'm a fan of Halo's tobacco juices.

Because even after a few years of vaping, I'm still a cigarette fiend at heart. I'm only trying to recreate the experience.
We only have one tobacco flavor, Eight Bells. It's absolutely nothing like a cigarette. One of my friends is making a flavor that's the closest I've come to an actual cigarette and it's fucking awesome. It's not out yet. I'll post when it is. It won't be cheap, actual tobacco extracts and whatnot.

Tobacco sells like shit for the most part. Ours does ok, but it's an inertia thing, we're popular so everything does ok. On the market as a whole though, tobacco is a losing game.

Edit: We experimented with some raw virginia tobacco and created this amazing flavor, but without knowing what's in it, we weren't willing to sell it.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #306 on: September 17, 2015, 11:09:06 AM

We only have one tobacco flavor, Eight Bells. It's absolutely nothing like a cigarette. One of my friends is making a flavor that's the closest I've come to an actual cigarette and it's fucking awesome. It's not out yet. I'll post when it is. It won't be cheap, actual tobacco extracts and whatnot.

Tobacco sells like shit for the most part. Ours does ok, but it's an inertia thing, we're popular so everything does ok. On the market as a whole though, tobacco is a losing game.

Edit: We experimented with some raw virginia tobacco and created this amazing flavor, but without knowing what's in it, we weren't willing to sell it.

Cool. I'll check here some other time.

I've tried some extracted types.. some have been good, but thick and clogging. I don't know what the hell Halo does.. they're not heavy VG juices, but somehow hit the spot for me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #307 on: September 17, 2015, 11:15:45 AM

Halo has been around forever, like one of maybe 10 or so that predate my own by a good amount of time.

The only thing I don't like about them is they made a business out of selling stuff direct, but they're priced like there's layers of people between them and the public when really there's no middleman. I don't want to get into a talk about the pricing of ejuice as it seems astronomical (it's not), but I will say that Halo could be around $15.99 or $16.99 and it would make more sense to me given their business model.

When it comes out, you're going to want to try Screwbacco from Steam Factory, in either a subtank or an atlantis. It has a strawberry note, but mostly it's a cigarette.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: September 23, 2015, 03:13:02 PM

Due to an accidental destruction of my atlantis tank and sf sub battery, I have picked up the kanger sub box + included tank. I am very happy with the vape that it provides.

P.S. Tanks and batteries do not survive seven story drops.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #309 on: September 23, 2015, 05:12:36 PM

Did you kill anyone?  Even close?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: September 23, 2015, 05:17:13 PM

Unfortunately not, however, my kit left a divot in the asphalt it landed on.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: September 25, 2015, 10:26:06 PM

I am amazed at the vertical coil in my kanger mini. It's not getting gooped up, it's pristine after like a month.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Vaping: 2013-2014 Edition  
Jump to: