Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:05:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  (Read 366846 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1085 on: April 04, 2014, 11:21:07 AM

I'm going to try to unlock adventure mode on hardcore while the extra exp is on.

Don't forget to set your game to open. I like helping  why so serious?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1086 on: April 04, 2014, 04:07:21 PM

Now I have to visit the "Build me a PC thread" to get a new computer for this game...
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #1087 on: April 04, 2014, 05:43:01 PM

I run Diablo 3 on a two and a half year old laptop.  Don't blow a big budget on it.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1088 on: April 04, 2014, 08:39:34 PM

If you are capable of building your own and have a monitor you could probably do it for the cost of a Xbone without any trouble. I'm running it on a 4+ year old desktop.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1089 on: April 05, 2014, 12:27:32 AM

I just miss the feeling of actually building my character, instead of getting messages that basically say "you're stronger now, here's 2 or 3 modifications to abilities you're not using."  That said, now that I've played through Act V once, I'm ready to do power through to 70.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1090 on: April 05, 2014, 12:33:26 AM

Shouldn't have killed Maltheal for the first time until after you were 70 :(
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1091 on: April 05, 2014, 03:04:56 AM

Shouldn't have killed Maltheal for the first time until after you were 70 :(
Whats the reason?

Also, still trying to get use to the new reality of the loot in this game.  So, should I be selling stuff for gold, or salvaging my unneeded rares now?  Is crafting worth it?  Sorry, way out of date on the games current state right now.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1092 on: April 05, 2014, 03:07:02 AM

Crafting is shit right now, but you will still want to salvage so you have mats to re-roll (enchant) items.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1093 on: April 05, 2014, 03:26:06 AM

Your first Malthael kill is a guaranteed legendary. You want it to be a good one so it's best to wait until you're max level. That way you'll get a level 70 legendary that you won't immediately outgrow.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1094 on: April 05, 2014, 03:32:57 AM

So, I kinda feel like I beat this expansion already, mostly.

While to be fair, I have probably thrown 20-30 hours at it, that is a pittance vs. Diablos of old.

Namely, the long curve is kinda gone / too long. I have basically perfect rares now. I could re-roll a couple stats here or there and sidegrade (+10% dmg - 10% toughness). But otherwise every stat on every piece is useful and fairly well rolled. The enchanter and smart loot makes getting loot almost too easy, when it comes to rares, which drop at an astounding rate. I feel like healing affixes should be moved to secondary stats so they can actually be a bonus worth looking for, cause I currently run none on my gear and give no fucks.

Legendaries, which are what I need to actually upgrade, drop at a below trickle rate of around one per hour. Furthermore, while they said many would be build changers, most are just vanilla as fuck with 20% higher stats. The few interesting ones are sets, of which, after my 20+ hours, I currently have seen ONE drop. The lack of trading REALLY hurts here. I'm not playing 300 hours to complete tal rashas set, with nothing in between. In diablo 2 I would be finding other trade fodder, or maybe striking it rich with a high rune. Here I either get the drop, or more crafting mats.  

Skills are still vanilla as fuck, with building a wizard coming down to "Would you like Frozen Orb or Disintegrate?" despite having 7 tabs full of "choices". Both probably need hard nerfs when viewed vs. other options really.

I have had fun. Adventure mode is a hoot, and is how diablo should be played; wondering around looking for adventure. The initial rush of yellow upgrades, and the chance to enchant into a killing machine is great. Part of my brain still wants more paragon ding-gratz, and the thrill of more lewts, but my more logical side tells me I am just going to be stacking up the Veiled Crystals from here into eternity.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1095 on: April 05, 2014, 06:28:48 AM

Your first Malthael kill is a guaranteed legendary. You want it to be a good one so it's best to wait until you're max level. That way you'll get a level 70 legendary that you won't immediately outgrow.

On the other hand that means waiting until 70 to unlock adventure mode. My new hardcore barb is already in act V at 35, i'm not saving that Malthael kill until 70.

I am the .00000001428%
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #1096 on: April 05, 2014, 06:35:28 AM

I run Diablo 3 on a two and a half year old laptop.  Don't blow a big budget on it.
Not even going to.  But the gaming computer is 8 years old with a 5 year old video card and still running XP, so it's time anyways.  Runs Diablo 3 decently, just crashes periodically or bogs down every 10-15m regardless of setting.  WoW at max setting doesn't do that, albeit the games are little different from the graphics intensive portion.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1097 on: April 05, 2014, 08:14:19 AM

On the other hand that means waiting until 70 to unlock adventure mode. My new hardcore barb is already in act V at 35, i'm not saving that Malthael kill until 70.

I think the idea is that you're supposed to let your friends level you in the meantime.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1098 on: April 05, 2014, 08:17:15 AM

Only one of your chaps needs to unlock adventure mode...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1099 on: April 05, 2014, 09:15:51 AM

Is magic find higher in hardcore? I played the whole thing through on normal and ended up level 42 with 18 legendaries. I know five are guaranteed from the end of act bosses, 13 random drops on normal seems a bit high though.

I am the .00000001428%
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1100 on: April 05, 2014, 09:20:59 AM

Honestly I waited until 70 to kill Math and the legendary drop I got wasn't that good.  Legendaries drop quick enough that I don't think it's really necessary to wait till 70 to kill him, *especially* if it's holding you back from the awesomeness of adventure mode.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1101 on: April 05, 2014, 09:32:01 AM

I think his odds of killin you are also quite a bit higher at 70, especially if you haven't spent time gearing up from that late 60s gear gap.  My hardcore wizard went for the fast Adventure mode unlock and killed him at a nice easy level 40, and is now having a fine time in Adventure mode.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1102 on: April 05, 2014, 09:58:43 AM

You assume I enjoyed this game enough before the patch to have done anything other than play through the main story once.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1103 on: April 05, 2014, 10:16:42 AM

You assume I enjoyed this game enough before the patch to have done anything other than play through the main story once.

Play with someone.  My son's acct doesn't have a 60 and we do adventure mode together.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1104 on: April 05, 2014, 01:03:31 PM

I'm in the "blaze forth and kill Malthael as soon as possible, especially in hardcore" camp, his one legendary drop is not that big a deal in the grand scheme. I don't like being beholden to other people for when I can dick around in adventure mode.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1105 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:58 AM

So I ran the temp check on my system while playing D3. It didn't crash, and my card got up to 66 celcius, which is higher than while playing anything else. I am wondering why D3 is causing it to heat up so much.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1106 on: April 06, 2014, 01:11:00 PM

Freaking magefist dropping at level 61 can derelict my balls.  Damn thing was a near perfect roll too.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1107 on: April 06, 2014, 01:50:30 PM

And I thought it sucked getting one at level 68 with -20 levels on it. Ow.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1108 on: April 06, 2014, 02:07:38 PM

That bothers me too;  When something with 'reduced level requirements' of like 28 drops and previously it would have been worth millions and now you can't even use it because, I mean, Why the Fuck would you roll an alt ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1109 on: April 06, 2014, 07:19:32 PM

This game is slowly getting on my nerves.  It's partially my fault for reading reddit and other places where I see people's perfect rolls and talk about how T3 is a bit tough for them.

I was able to farm T1 last week at a pretty good speed.  I then got Cindercoat, some +17% fire damage legendary gloves, and another rare +19% fire damage gloves.  I go "Sweet, I can actually make a build out of something now".  So I setup my monk to be a fire monk with Epiphany:Inner fire, LTK, etc...  It was a really really fun build, except for the fact that for some reason even though I had about +50% fire damage I could no longer farm T1 and had to go back down to Master (I think the new items lacked survivability if I recall correctly).  Except Master I couldn't kill fast enough so for optimal XP/bounty/kill rate I had to drop down to expert, which was boring as all fuck.  Apparently my previous gear that was some +holy with +WOTH was the way to go, but I got rid of those cause I was excited about the fire build and thought it would be higher damage so I got stuck with fire.

A guildmate wizzy came on and I did T1 with him (not really doing much since he rpetty much laser beamed everything ot death before I could catch up to it). I got one piece of Innas set and he got the chest piece of Innas set, which is useless to him so he gave it to me.  I put both pieces on and get more damage now, except now I don't have cindercoat so my fire build is a bit useless now.  The set gear isn't even that great but it's just a smidge upgrade to my damage and other pieces to make it worth it.  so now I'm back to random build with no cohesion.

Spent the weekend trying to get gear with minimal upgrades.  I'm at 550k dps (602k if I use unity + ally) and I don't feel like I can really take down master efficiently enough (I don't die, I just don't seem to be able to move through enemies fast enough to make it worthwhile to go up to T1).  I'm at 38% CHC, 338% CHD, and 2.0 attacks per second  and just confused at how people are farming even T1 efficiently.  I think i know the stats I need to get, but no drops are even coming close enough for me to waste time on the Mystic on, or the ones that do I can't roll what I want to roll. 

Meanwhile I have a whole bunch of builds that I would love to try out but I can't because, well what build you can play all depends on what gear you have available.  It's kinda frustrating.

Crafting is retarded.  Got a nice green set plan but I had one shot to craft a piece due to one of the mats required and it gave me an utter piece of shit.  Tried crafting some rares and got nothing worth while.  Tried turning in about 500 blood shards trying ot get a decent weapon, and got only 1 with a socket yet it's dps was crap and it had no mainstat. 

Talking with guildmates and friends, they all geared up by running bounties super quick on normal, since apparently the drop in caches for bounties is unaffected by difficulty (and the only real change in drops are legendaries in torment and above).  It seems blizzard has gone out of their way to make higher difficulties not worth while until you can roflstomp them (I should not be able to clear master fast, T1 slow but still able to make progress, but have to run on expert for the best xp gain imo). 

Anyways, that's my rant for the day.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1110 on: April 06, 2014, 08:11:07 PM

So I updated the client, bought the expansion, and started a new wizard. I ran through the story on Normal diff, just so I could see it, and now I'm leveling in Adventure mode on Expert diff.

I think it's funny to compare the gear on my level 54 wizard, which has just been loot drops, to my 2012 level 60 wizard, who I'd geared up mainly via the AH.

2012 level 60: Int 997, vit 1053. No legendaries.
New level 54: Int 2336, vit 1513. Currently sporting two legendaries, but I've outgrown eight or so others.

The dps number on level 60's weapon is much higher, but of course.

So, a question: is there any sense in spending blood shards before I'm at the level cap?
Likewise for Nephalem Rifts?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #1111 on: April 06, 2014, 11:44:55 PM

So, a question: is there any sense in spending blood shards before I'm at the level cap?
Likewise for Nephalem Rifts?

Not really no. Rifts are fun in general though, so if you're curious you should try one, you end up drowning in rift keys anyway.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #1112 on: April 07, 2014, 07:41:51 AM

Finally dropped Malphael at level 65.  Played Expert all the way there but just couldn't get him at that difficulty.

Yes, I think Adventure Mode and me can be good friends.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1113 on: April 07, 2014, 03:37:38 PM

Welp, I sold through my legendary potion.  So I made negative legendaries this afternoon.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1114 on: April 08, 2014, 07:44:20 AM

I wish they would add more random to the Rifts.

Why aren't the Events and Purple mobs in there too?  I want a chance to have 40 cursed chest events or 12 purple mobs at once.  This also alleviates the burden of crafting mats a bit too as the purple mobs that drop crafting mats can show up in Rifts.  Hell put the Act bosses in there too.  Just call everything "Rift XXX" like "Rift Diablo" and normalize their health to that of the rift bosses.

That and a "bind to account after trade" option for clan members/friends would make me so happy.

Maybe give Kadala a "Bloody Bag of Goodies" options that would have gems/gold/crafting mats in it with a chance for a metric ton of gold (like 1mil+), flawless imperial gems and legendary crating mats tune to the same rate she drops legendaries.  Shit, make it a legendary cache drop.  
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:06:02 AM by MrHat »
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #1115 on: April 08, 2014, 11:01:43 AM

Yeah, while I love rifts having even more randomness would be nice. I was thinking about mobs that summon/rez could summon/rez any mob. So Wretched Mothers, Bat Nests, Carrion Nest, or those big mobs that explode and then snakes/midgets spawn when they die spawn anything from Skeletons to Diablo or Malthiel.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1116 on: April 08, 2014, 08:21:50 PM

Ok I'm back in love with this game.  I must have just had a shitty build because I changed to this and I was roflstomping Torment 1 rifts, and I can clear Torment 2 rifts pretty quickly but I do die a few times in the insane elite fights.  It makes Torment 2 perfect difficulty, testing my survivability but being able to kill things fast.  The only thing that takes a while are rift guardians, as I can tank them no problem they just have a shit ton of health.

Honestly it's probably just binding EP to my right click.  Having ep on a number button i could never get it to fire off when I wanted it for some reason, but having it on the right mouse button seems to let me cast it a lot more. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1117 on: April 09, 2014, 02:31:12 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1118 on: April 09, 2014, 02:44:53 PM

Heh, tough break.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1119 on: April 09, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

What's the complaint? The proc is amazing, even if you don't use it yourself (once you gem that thing it will be better than your Monster Hunter) give it to Eirena and she'll wreck shit.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  
Jump to: