Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  (Read 367098 times)
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #805 on: March 20, 2014, 03:54:21 PM

It's true.  It's a slow playstyle though, which is why there's an abundance of wizards, who all blow everything up.

To spec a wizard, I think you could damn near pick six skills out of a hat, and play that successfully at this point.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #806 on: March 20, 2014, 04:15:18 PM

I patched and logged in last night.  Damn, everything is different.  Going to bite the bullet and roll a new toon.  Probably wd, I wonder if pets are vuable build now?

x2

One question though, is there any point in re-rolling a character? (Unless one wants to change class).

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #807 on: March 20, 2014, 04:26:01 PM

One question though, is there any point in re-rolling a character? (Unless one wants to change class).

No, unless you don't like the name.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #808 on: March 20, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

There's even an achievement for having two of the same class at 60.  I hope we get a few extra toon slots when the crusader is live.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #809 on: March 20, 2014, 06:35:55 PM

There are 3 extra character slots for buying RoS or 5 if you pick up the digital deluxe edition.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #810 on: March 20, 2014, 07:43:22 PM

So when is the expansion actually coming out? Is that what the "5 days until freedom" message is about?

edit: 5 not % derp.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:47:18 PM by Reg »
schild
Administrator

Reply #811 on: March 20, 2014, 07:45:05 PM

Is that what the "% days until freedom" message is about?

YEP.

Freed from the shackles of campaign mode, we will travel Sanctuary doing good.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #812 on: March 20, 2014, 07:48:00 PM

Huh I guess I'll preorder now then.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #813 on: March 21, 2014, 12:59:07 PM

FYI, +100% exp this weekend.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407841/
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #814 on: March 21, 2014, 01:29:52 PM

I feel like diablo would be nice to play on my tv with a controller but I don't see a ps4 version for sale, only ps3/360.  I remember they announced it would come out but I guess it will be later?
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #815 on: March 21, 2014, 01:32:24 PM

It's coming to PS4 via the "Ultimate Edition", which also includes RoS. I don't think they've given a release date though.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #816 on: March 21, 2014, 02:40:28 PM

XP bonus increasing from +50% to +100% this weekend:

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #817 on: March 21, 2014, 02:47:29 PM

I'm weak.  I pre-ordered the expansion.

It only took about 4 tries to get it to go through.  Hopefully I did not purchase 4 copies!
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #818 on: March 21, 2014, 02:49:08 PM

Hmmm.  Can I go from Paragon 70 to Paragon 100 this weekend?  I will certainly try!
schild
Administrator

Reply #819 on: March 21, 2014, 03:04:21 PM

Hmmm.  Can I go from Paragon 70 to Paragon 100 this weekend?  I will certainly try!
Hah, that's what me and Jenny are going to try to do.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #820 on: March 21, 2014, 06:08:24 PM

I'm weak.  I pre-ordered the expansion.

It only took about 4 tries to get it to go through.  Hopefully I did not purchase 4 copies!

Did you order the game around Thursday night (GMT time)?

I did, needed more tries as well and ended up with 3x 39,99 billing messages from my credit card >.>

Placed a ticket, friendly customer rep said the funds were only "reserved" not withdrawn and would be released again soon. Let's hope.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #821 on: March 22, 2014, 07:13:29 PM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407839/

Launch Night Login
Diablo III will be available the night Reaper of Souls goes live and there will be no need to patch or exit the game once the clock strikes GO!
We advise logging in ahead of time to reduce potential queue times. Once you're in-game and the Reaper of Souls has launched in your region, you'll see a server broadcast message letting you know that the expansion is now available to play. This means you can continuously play Diablo III all night long and jump straight into Act V the moment it’s available!
Note: In order to access Act V once Reaper of Souls is live, you will need to exit your current game and select Act V from the Quest Select window. If you want to avoid having to recreate your game, we recommend that you set up your game so that you're killing Diablo after your gameplay region's launch time. This way, you can naturally transition into Act V without any additional effort.

Queues and You
Depending on how many people attempt to join the crusade against the Angel of Death on March 25, you may encounter a queue when logging into Diablo III as well when you create a game. These queues will be indicated by the following messages.
Login Queue:
"Queued position [number] - approx [X] minutes remaining..."
Game Queue:
"The Diablo III servers are busy." Below this message, you should see a time estimate (if the estimate is < 1 minute) as well as pulsating ellipses.
If you receive either message, just be patient with the queue and you’ll be slaughtering reapers in Westmarch before you know it!

I still expect it to be a complete cluster fuck, but if that helps play at go time, then there you go.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #822 on: March 23, 2014, 10:16:02 AM

Suddenly D3 is crashing my computer. I have no idea why since I had been playing it for hours with no issues up to a week ago. All of a sudden this week it's not going 15 minutes below the screen blacks out, freezes, and I have to restart. I tried Hearthstone and it runs fine, so I don't think it's the launcher.

Very odd, but unplayable for me atm.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #823 on: March 23, 2014, 10:50:30 AM

Suddenly D3 is crashing my computer. I have no idea why since I had been playing it for hours with no issues up to a week ago. All of a sudden this week it's not going 15 minutes below the screen blacks out, freezes, and I have to restart. I tried Hearthstone and it runs fine, so I don't think it's the launcher.

Sounds like overheating.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #824 on: March 23, 2014, 02:08:25 PM

I'll need to run a few games with a monk when I'm 70, really want to build a melee weapon DH for giggles.

Will be fun to find new equipment while leveling, I was someone who abused the AH going through the difficulties. All the loot changes and Sydney based servers might actually tempt me to try hardcore...

Was someone saying there's a new legendary that grants arcane absorb? I need this in my life, fuck sentries.

As someone who has little experience with other classes at max level, are the new abilities good at all for anyone else?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #825 on: March 23, 2014, 03:37:10 PM

Sounds like overheating.

Or a bad vid card.  Give another graphically intensive game a shot, Paelos. When my card was going bad I got the same things until it started blue-screening. Started with only a few games, then spiraled.  Hearthstone isn't very intensive.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #826 on: March 23, 2014, 05:44:35 PM

It's a brand new computer though. I got it in December.

schild
Administrator

Reply #827 on: March 23, 2014, 06:08:45 PM

It's a brand new computer though. I got it in December.
Age has little effect on shit like that. Maybe a wire got caught in the fan or there's dust in one of the intakes. Any number of bullshit things happen with the way graphic cards (and especially their shells) are designed these days.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #828 on: March 23, 2014, 06:44:38 PM

Any ideas on my options then, or a way to find out if that's the cause?

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #829 on: March 23, 2014, 07:09:29 PM

Try running other similarly-gpu-intensive apps or swapping in a different GPU and seeing if the problem persists or disappears.

Try running windows update and grabbing the latest GPU drivers (in case whatever's going wrong just happens to be resolved by some software/driver fix).

The machine bluescreening, seems indicative of either a hardware or driver issue.

Memory or disk corruption can be an indirect cause of crashes (and might explain crashing only under cpu/thermal load or crashing only in particular apps) but can be a pain to chase down.

December is new enough that you're sort of at the front of the bathtub curve (if something's going to fail early in the machine lifespan it's conceivable that it could happen now).
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #830 on: March 23, 2014, 07:32:05 PM

Any ideas on my options then, or a way to find out if that's the cause?
Download and run Furmark and see if it crashes or causes graphical glitches (they'll be obvious if they happen).
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #831 on: March 23, 2014, 08:42:45 PM

I had this happen to me with EQL.  Sometimes it would go black and recover a second or so later and sometimes I'd get a bsod or it would simply freeze.  This is also a new computer.  I've had it a month.  I made sure my graphics card was all the way in, I cleaned everything inside and outside, put a fan on it and monitored my CPU and GPU heat and it got hot but not hot enough in my opinion for it to be causing problems like that.  Finally, I downgraded three graphics drivers back and it's been fine ever since.  I was also getting that annoying irql not less or equal error.  I hate that.  I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 760.  I also deleted all the foo foo stuff that I don't use in the Nvidia folder and that Nvidia Experience rubbish, too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #832 on: March 24, 2014, 12:04:57 AM

Ah crap, XP buff ran out at Midnight. Thought we'd have until RoS launch. Ah well it was nice while it lasted.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #833 on: March 24, 2014, 12:41:02 AM

I patched and logged in last night.  Damn, everything is different.  Going to bite the bullet and roll a new toon.  Probably wd, I wonder if pets are vuable build now?

I'm running torment 2 on my WD as my overpowered character. FotM infinite bats to generate fetishes which then proceed to tear shit up. I pulled down torment end of act bosses in under 30 seconds solo with that build and am loving the fire bats that return me life on hit. My wizard can't compete with packs and elites and my barb, DH and monk just look on in envy. My DH is still my fun class but for paragon levelling the WD wins hands down.

Got home from work and battle.net is down :(

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #834 on: March 24, 2014, 12:45:20 AM

Was someone saying there's a new legendary that grants arcane absorb? I need this in my life, fuck sentries.

Neck piece. It also heals you if you stand in the arcane damage.

There is one for each damage type other than physical I think

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #835 on: March 24, 2014, 05:48:15 AM

Had a blast playing this weekend, but decided against buying Reaper of Souls.  If I don't buy it I'll be gaining paragon levels and working on gearing up.  If I do buy it I'll be gaining 10 levels then .... gaining paragon levels and gearing up.  The only real change that I have interest in is adventure mode and I don't feel like paying $40 just for that.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #836 on: March 24, 2014, 06:09:17 AM

Aye, despite being still on the fence, the wife has taken the view 'Well, fuck you I'm buying it.  You stick to your principles if you like'.

Which probably means me looking at it her playing for about five minutes before I whip the card out.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #837 on: March 24, 2014, 07:16:19 AM

I may murder what's left of my right arm, but I preordered.  Having a lot of fun playing the Witch Doctor and Wizard.  I really can't get into any of the other classes.  Either they're too click happy or have the unfortunate lot to facetank some of the nasty elites.

-Rasix
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #838 on: March 24, 2014, 07:58:22 AM

Not sure what to do first!  I want to check out Crusder, but also have my Wizard 60+P54 ready to start Act V (with cutscenes re-enabled so I can enjoy the "story" in all its clownshoes majesty), and I am enthused about Adventure Mode.  Meanwhile I had reset quests on Monk and am just about done with Act II (doing a rapid dash through the story on normal, but keep getting sidetracked by continuing to run into dungeons and events I have never seen before).  And I started leveling Barbarian (now at 31) and really should take my DH to 60 someday.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #839 on: March 24, 2014, 08:01:11 AM

My wizard face tanks elites just fine.

awesome, for real
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls  
Jump to: