Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 282969 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1330 on: July 19, 2016, 06:04:09 AM

Superman IV was done by Cannon films. (The first 3 were not)

There was a good doc on Netflix about Cannon, but basically their forte was producing crap.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1331 on: July 19, 2016, 06:55:21 AM

Have an honest trailer on superman 4, for those lucky enough never to have sat through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWNqbqcV4dU

Superman 3 was ok. The fight in the scrapyard was excellent, Richard Prior was Richard Prior, and the computer at the end was pretty menacing. At least it wasn't trying to insult you.

Hic sunt dracones.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1332 on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:11 AM

When even Affleck wants out on your franchise.... bad sign, DC.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1333 on: February 17, 2017, 03:35:58 AM

Affleck directed Batman would be a movie I'd look forward to.

Affleck acting... not so much. Espeicially after he openly said  "I'll only direct if it isn't shit".

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1334 on: February 18, 2017, 11:29:12 PM

Affleck acting... not so much. Espeicially after he openly said  "I'll only direct if it isn't shit".

DC seems to be doing their best to sabotage this movie. Affleck no longer directing. The replacement director leaving. And Affleck's script getting heavily rewritten.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #1335 on: February 19, 2017, 09:12:36 AM

DC seems to be doing their best to sabotage this movie. Affleck no longer directing. The replacement director leaving. And Affleck's script getting heavily rewritten.

What?  You'd think an Affleck written and directed film would be a godsend for them.  Why are they fucking with the golden goose?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1336 on: February 19, 2017, 10:15:43 AM

From what I've heard (and it's all rumours etc) the problem was that the movie just wasn't coming along and there was no script that Affleck was happy with and as it dragged on he wasn't ready to devote the time needed to direct it and as things are going he doesn't seem that interested in even playing Batman beyond the 3-picture deal he has (Batman vs Superman, Justice League 1+2) due to that lack of a good script(s) and extended timetables.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1337 on: February 19, 2017, 05:57:58 PM

I finally spent the time to watch this fucking shitfest fully on cable rather than just watching snippets.

I had low expectations and it really failed them. It's like the world's worst Rube Goldberg machine. Snyder would have been better off to just film Miller's DKR frame-for-frame like Watchmen and not try to build continuity with Man of Steel.

Doomsday is seriously one of the worst visual designs I've seen in an action film bar none. You expect hobbits to burst out to stab him in his knees.

The whole thing is soggy, dull, dark brown. The only moments that perk it up are Wonder Woman's appearance and a few of the little character bits of Affleck's Bruce Wayne, who is actually kind of interesting as a variant version of the character.

After watching it, I really said to myself, "Maybe I don't want to see any more superhero movies". Like, I am the biggest comic-book geek and this film just killed my desire for more adaptations of anything.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1338 on: February 19, 2017, 08:06:43 PM

Yeah I saw it again on cable this week and reaffirmed how bad it was.

I did get a better appreciation for Gal Gadot, though. Also whoever came up with the WW theme really nailed it. Some great composition there.

Cracked takes a stab at trying to figure out why WB hates itself. Or rather it's directors.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-dc-comics-making-directors-hate-filmmaking/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:39:32 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1339 on: May 09, 2018, 04:08:36 PM

For the hell of it, I loaded this up on Netflix last night. I made it 20 minutes in (in disbelief at how schlockybad it was, and I have a HIGH schlock tolerance I liked Last Jedi).

Even watching it from the angle of seeing how bad it could be, I couldn't handle it. What the fuck, DC. I hated your comics, but at least you made a couple good batman movies (with Bale). I still haven't enjoyed a Superman movie.

I ended up watching footage from the Ghost concert in Riverside a few nights ago, on Youtube.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1340 on: June 19, 2018, 07:10:22 AM

I am the .00000001428%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1341 on: June 20, 2018, 01:45:49 AM

Grimdark MCU
? ? ? ?
Profit!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:20:45 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1342 on: June 22, 2018, 10:45:50 AM

What's awesome is that the MCU went all grimdark in their latest movie but it actually worked because they had competent people making the movie.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  
Jump to: