Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:13:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 283086 times)
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #945 on: December 01, 2015, 01:27:11 PM

Oh, I'm not complaining. It seriously struck me as amusing. I'm overly cautious with that sorta thing.

beer geek.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #946 on: December 02, 2015, 12:29:27 AM

If, by Batman vs Dean Cain, they actually mean Daredevil & Superman vs Bizarro, they should have built different expectations. But hey, that still doesn't make the top 10 things that are wrong with this project.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #947 on: December 02, 2015, 09:50:36 PM

New Trailer.

That looks a bit better then the last one.  I kind of want to be optimistic, but it's hard.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #948 on: December 02, 2015, 10:01:23 PM

ACK!

This.... makes it look 10x worse. This looks like utter garbage. Basically, it looks like a Snyder movie.

beer geek.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #949 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:28 PM

Hahahaha.

Stop trying to channel Ledger you terrible fuck.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: December 02, 2015, 10:10:36 PM

At least Ironwood can have his Zodsday avatar.   awesome, for real
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #951 on: December 02, 2015, 10:34:18 PM

That looks horrible. Or maybe it's that horrible music they put in the trailer.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #952 on: December 02, 2015, 10:39:05 PM

I actually am just interested in the Batman stuff.  I think the Lex/Doomsday stuff is just crap. 
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #953 on: December 03, 2015, 01:34:17 AM

That was pretty bad.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #954 on: December 03, 2015, 01:40:30 AM

Nothing they release manages to move my needle from even an iota above 'I Don't Care About This'.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #955 on: December 03, 2015, 02:30:40 AM

That looked decent, but Batman with a gun?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #956 on: December 03, 2015, 03:19:10 AM

WW with a sword and board?  swamp poop

Sadly, most of my age 25-35 acquaintances are frothing at the mouth with excitement.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #957 on: December 03, 2015, 04:04:25 AM

Oh man, that Lex Luthor is like fingernails on a chalkboard. VASTLY worse than I suspected and I didn't have good expectations anyway.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: December 03, 2015, 04:28:37 AM

WW with a sword and board?  swamp poop

Of course, she's tanking.  Duh.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #959 on: December 03, 2015, 04:37:07 AM

Its like they are actively trying to produce the worst possible movie they can.   I swear.  These people have absolutely no clue at all how to make a good movie using the property they have licencing rights to.  At. Fucking. All.   Almost nothing i have seen in any of the trailers make me think that these people actually understand why these characters work.  They are literally the Anti-Marvel at this point.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #960 on: December 03, 2015, 06:24:37 AM

What I've never understood is how you make Superman a workable character ever? An all-powerful, indestructable, flying guy is so fucking boring.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #961 on: December 03, 2015, 06:52:33 AM

What I've never understood is how you make Superman a workable character ever? An all-powerful, indestructable, flying guy is so fucking boring.

Damn powergamers.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #962 on: December 03, 2015, 07:10:24 AM

Not that I'm surprised by this, but my first reaction to the new trailer was that the movie isn't going to really be Batman v Superman.  It's going to be generic Batman and Superman team up vs Supervillan.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: December 03, 2015, 07:21:44 AM

Richard Donner and Christopher Reeve pulled it off just fine. He's a workable character but you need an actor who can sell boy scout and a director and writers who respect the character. We got 1.5 great movies out of Superman in the 70s and this was in the era where they had to fight not to be utter camp. Modern DC is ashamed of their characters and thinks they only work if you drain the color out of them and make everyone uber serious all the time. Under those circumstances Superman won't work.

As for the trailer I think they've gone right wing nutbar on Batman and Lex Luthor is awful. Which is odd because I like that actor but the way he is playing Luthor is terrible. I think the trailer pretty much gave away the plot.

Luthor tricks Batman and Superman into fighting. I suspect we'll see either a repeat of Superman 3 (new type of Kryptonite makes Superman crazy evil for awhile) or a clone.
Batman fails to kill Superman. (Duh)
Luthor makes Doomsday
Doomsday is such a threat that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman team up against him, thus laying the foundation for the Justice League.

Oddly, one of the only things in all of the trailers I haven't disliked so far is Affleck.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #964 on: December 03, 2015, 07:29:53 AM

I think the "it is impossible ever to tell a good story about..." is just a bad argument that we go in circles discussing too often.

I will say that of the things I don't like about that trailer, Affleck surprisingly is not one of them for me as well.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #965 on: December 03, 2015, 07:33:02 AM

Oh man, that Lex Luthor is like fingernails on a chalkboard. VASTLY worse than I suspected and I didn't have good expectations anyway.

Yeah, I just utterly fucking hate their take on Luthor and Eisenberg's attempts at it completely. It's not that I dislike Eisenberg, I just think the entire approach to that character is utter, ass backwards wrong. The fight scene at the end and the appearance of Wonder Woman were to me the best parts of the whole thing, which isn't saying much. I still want to slap the director silly for the muted, dark color schemes.

EDIT: And yes, Affleck was probably the best thing about the trailers. I actually don't mind his Batman at all. It's the broody pissed off stubbly Bruce Wayne that I'm not sure is working all that well. Just from that trailer though, you can tell both the writer and director REALLY LOVE Batman and REALLY FUCKING HATE WITH THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS Superman.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:35:37 AM by HaemishM »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #966 on: December 03, 2015, 08:01:23 AM

At least Ironwood can have his Zodsday avatar.   awesome, for real

I have my new one all ready. 

Just need to find the right Christmas hat.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #967 on: December 03, 2015, 08:29:10 AM

That was the worst Lex Luthor I've ever seen. It's like they showed Eisenberg the Tim Burton movies, and told him that Lex Luthor's personality is like a cross between Joker, Edward Nigma, and Two Face.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #968 on: December 03, 2015, 08:37:38 AM

That was the worst Lex Luthor I've ever seen. It's like they showed Eisenberg the Tim Burton movies, and told him that Lex Luthor's personality is like a cross between Joker, Edward Nigma, and Two Face.

The only thing that could save that Lex Luthor is if it turns out the way he is acting is an act he uses to disarm people and we see the "real" Lex Luthor later in the movie. That, however, requires writers that give a shit about the source material so it won't happen.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #969 on: December 03, 2015, 08:39:26 AM

Remember, he's not playing the traditional Lex Luthor. He's playing his son.

beer geek.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #970 on: December 03, 2015, 09:31:09 AM

Remember, he's not playing the traditional Lex Luthor. He's playing his son.

What?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #971 on: December 03, 2015, 09:31:54 AM

It was linked in this thread.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/6/9463323/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-batman-v-superman

edit: In fact, it's just back one page.

beer geek.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #972 on: December 03, 2015, 10:08:54 AM

This latest trailer really did nothing for me.  And really, Wonder Woman just popping up out of nowhere and being introduced with the hackneyed "I thought she was with you?" trope?  Puh-lese! swamp poop

I get that they don't really respect the characters, but that's a level of disrespect that's pretty damn amazing.  And Clark Kent's glasses look absolutely ridiculously huge.  And stupid.

I can't stand Jesse Eisenberg, so his portrayal of this Lex Luther just seems the usual bad to me.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #973 on: December 03, 2015, 10:16:34 AM

All these have left me with, after seeing Batman in a trenchcoat with an evil Superman, is I really want them to just make a Red Son movie. I mean if the creators were actually willing to go grimdark and man the fuck up about it I'd fucking love it.

But no because fundamentally the DC movie people are scared and utterly without confidence in the material or themselves. They don't trust the source material to be popular so they want to make it gritty and real but they don't really trust themselves to make something outside the normal story tropes so ultimately it's still Superheroes have some adversity then punch their way to justice and cake plot.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #974 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:02 PM

Well, it's all based (at least structurally, or ideologically) on something written by Frank Miller, so of course it's shit.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #975 on: December 03, 2015, 12:23:48 PM

Pre-9/11 non-Batshit Crazy Frank Miller was awesome.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #976 on: December 03, 2015, 12:41:43 PM

Nothing holds up for me from him. He's always been a reagan humping wacko.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Doomsday

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:50:39 PM by sickrubik »

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #977 on: December 03, 2015, 01:49:46 PM

You do realize he was actually satirizing Reagan in Dark Knight, correct? As well as Batman and Superman, a bit.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #978 on: December 03, 2015, 02:13:15 PM

it never really came across as satire, given everything else he did was so heavy handed (300, Sin City, etc). Additionally, everything I've ever heard about him industry-wise seemed to corroborate that.

Even removing the politics from it. It just feels dull and flat. No depth to Bats.

beer geek.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #979 on: December 04, 2015, 08:29:56 AM

Fuck me, all the superhero action looked super plasticy (that a word even ? ) to me. Uncanny valley does not even begin to describe it because to me they did not look humanlike at all.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  
Jump to: