Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 284407 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #875 on: April 17, 2015, 10:35:06 AM

The phrase to describe the entire movie "Unnecessarily dark"

I was thinking more like, "May the best orphan win."

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: April 17, 2015, 03:54:42 PM

Any working links for that trailer?

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: April 17, 2015, 04:15:04 PM

Might have to wait til Monday.  WB is really going after that leak.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: April 17, 2015, 05:19:21 PM

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: April 17, 2015, 08:13:46 PM

That doesn't look good at all.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: April 17, 2015, 08:39:16 PM

I dunno. The trailer has a much more believable premise than other plots I've read, kind of a Steelheart/alpha-Reckoners plot. I loved Miller's '86 Dark Knight Returns too, but that wouldn't play on the big screen without a few more Batman and Superman movies which DC doesn't have time to get done if they ever want their TV shows to ever converge into big screen offerings. And even that didn't get too deep into the fascist stuff (comics).

Thought Ben Affleck being Wayne in that one scene had the right look. But I don't get the paper mache Batman suit in the one that follows.

I'm not the first to wonder whether they know how to market this though. I also think the timing is off. Wait until Jan/Feb at least. They don't benefit from trailers this early. I mean heck, what are they, a Presidential candidate?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #881 on: April 17, 2015, 08:46:50 PM

I think DC is really just trying to hard with the gritty/dark feel to their movies.  On the other hand we have Feige saying the next Spider-Man movie will be the total wise-cracking teenage Peter Parker that we haven't really seen yet on the screen.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #882 on: April 18, 2015, 12:55:06 AM

Now that I've seen the not grainy pirated version - still too goddamn grimdark. The Batman voice doesn't bother me at all. It actually sounds better than the Bale voice because it sounds computer modulated, which makes more sense than gargling gravel.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #883 on: April 18, 2015, 02:57:09 AM

I'm more excited about this than I am about Star Wars.  Maybe because I have some clue what the movie is going to be about.   awesome, for real

I'd be just as happy seeing a movie about a feared god-being if it wasn't called Superman, since obviously Superman isn't actually supposed to be all grimdark with Superman as a morally ambiguous character, but I'm not enough of a Superman fan to give any shits about them being stupid with the brand, so whatever.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: April 18, 2015, 09:45:05 AM

Weirdly, the most positive feeling I got out of that trailer was: "Oh yay, Holly Hunter!"

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: April 18, 2015, 10:52:26 AM

Neil DeGrasse Tyson too.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #886 on: July 11, 2015, 01:59:19 PM

So, they released the Comic-con trailer.  It looks much better than the previous trailer they released, though I'm still not sold on Eisenberg as Luther, especially with the hair.

https://youtu.be/0WWzgGyAH6Y

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #887 on: July 11, 2015, 02:08:31 PM

I went from not caring to interested with that trailer.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: July 11, 2015, 02:59:26 PM

Yeah that was better. 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: July 11, 2015, 03:51:29 PM

Nope.  Still not interested.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: July 11, 2015, 04:12:08 PM

lolkryptonite.

And fuck that shitty Luthor.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: July 11, 2015, 05:29:41 PM

lolkryptonite.

That... was... Luthor...?

Yeah... nah. That was the only downside to the clip for me.

Not a Superman fan but I'm starting to get interested in the film.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: July 11, 2015, 05:38:21 PM

Nope.  Still not interested.

Yep, put me in this camp too.

I just re-watched Man of Steel the other day too, Christ they just don't GET IT.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Terracotta Army

Reply #893 on: July 11, 2015, 06:38:59 PM

Look, it's easy movie making math. Superhero + more superheroes = profit! Now we just need the Wonder Twins...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: July 11, 2015, 08:23:05 PM

The nerd in me just can't ever get past guy with lots of money vs guy who, well, is Superman.

But then again I guess we already had Iron Man, Thor and Captain throwing punches at each other like they were on equal levels, so meh.

Yes, I know, NEEERRRRDDD.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: July 11, 2015, 08:26:23 PM

I'm sure the epic team-up at the end will be what causes Luthor to lose his hair and thus turns him irredeemably evil.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #896 on: July 11, 2015, 08:42:53 PM

lolkryptonite.

Yeah, this. "The red capes are coming?"

... the fuck? When did Luthor become the goddamn Joker? It's a sad indictment of this when Affleck's Batman looks like the best thing in it.

Still fucking hate that Wonder Woman costume. Not that I won't go see this because I'm a geek, but still.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: July 11, 2015, 08:53:07 PM

I'll bitch about the DC movies, but my geek will still drive me to see these movies. 
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: July 11, 2015, 11:25:44 PM

I'll just remind those that are hopefull. It's still being directed by Snyder.

There is some REAL DUMB SHIT in this trailer. And the MechaBat suit still looks fucking dumb. Just dumb.

Superman has a police force now. And Batman decided a disguise was throwing an overcoat over his batsuit.

What the christ is going on in this movie.

The best batman news out of SDCC was the animated Killing Joke film.

beer geek.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #899 on: July 12, 2015, 10:35:05 AM

Is it too late to vote for a young Ben Kingsley as Lex Luthor?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #900 on: July 12, 2015, 11:20:59 AM

The nerd in me just can't ever get past guy with lots of money vs guy who, well, is Superman.

But then again I guess we already had Iron Man, Thor and Captain throwing punches at each other like they were on equal levels, so meh.

Yes, I know, NEEERRRRDDD.
Batman pretty much beats Superman every time they go against each other in what ever random comic.

Because everybody hates superman.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:33:08 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #901 on: July 12, 2015, 11:36:06 AM

It's a sad indictment of this when Affleck's Batman looks like the best thing in it.

Yeah, Affleck's Batman didn't look bad. It looked to me like Affleck also really bulked up for the role. That said, I groaned when I saw the alleyway shooting and funeral for the Wayne parents. Guess what DC/WB? Every person on the planet knows how Batman became Batman. Every. Single. One. We don't need to see it again, especially not in a "Superman" movie.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: July 12, 2015, 02:25:42 PM

Affleck as Bruce Wayne... yes. He looked the part.

Affleck as Batman... no. George Clooney no.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #903 on: July 12, 2015, 03:16:09 PM

Only new thing I disliked in the trailer was seeing the Batsuit.

Wonder woman and Luthor looked fine to me. And if they are using what Superman did in MoS as Batman's motivation, that actually feels like a good idea.

Core problems remain :
 Zac Snyder and David S Goyer are making this/any film.
 Ben Affleck is in it but not cast as an angry young man.
 Film has Superman in it and it is inexplicably not "Lois and Clark the Movie".

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: July 12, 2015, 03:18:03 PM

I'm guessing that we'll just see the shooting really quickly in passing (I hope).

I was prepared to accept Lex Luthor as Mark Zuckerberg but the koo-koo vibe in the trailer is not at all right for any version of the character.

Still lots of 15-year old boyish DESTROY! BOOM! LASER EYES! FUCK! stuff here, enough to remind me who is making the film.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: July 12, 2015, 08:37:48 PM

The trailer gives me the impression that there will be like 3 or 4 main plotlines going on in this movie; Superman/Batman conflict, Superman and the government conflict (which may or may not be related to Lex Luthor/Superman conflict) and it seems like there's some other Superman action that will cause the Superman/Batman conflict and somehow Wonder Woman is involved.

It really looks like it's going to be a confused mess plot wise and I'm still not excited about the Luthor character. I will say that I really like the Batman costume for this though, it does a really good job of giving him a strong physical presence. Superman also looks beefier and more 'Superman'. Although that leaves Wonder Woman looking a bit more out of place.

I'm expecting this to be visually great and everything else to range from  swamp poop to  ACK!

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: July 12, 2015, 09:34:20 PM

I re-watched the trailer and finally realized that it doesn't look like a Superman movie, it looks like Injustice: Gods Among Us - The Movie.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #907 on: July 13, 2015, 12:20:51 AM

I re-watched the trailer and finally realized that it doesn't look like a Superman movie, it looks like Injustice: Gods Among Us - The Movie.

So I thought to myself - you haven't seen a Superman movie since Christopher Reeve donned the cape - go have a look at Man of Steel as a weather vane for this movie.

OMFG whit a steaming pile of dogshit. The only thing I would have loved to see more of was ... oh I don't know... A whole film dedicated to Jor El because fuck me the rest of it was insipid boring shit. Superpowers are boring if you are indestructible. I was seriously praying for kryptonite to rain from the heavens and kill the hell out of everyone. Acctually, I would have been more interested in Jor El vs Zod the movie than the rest of this film.

Batman is interesting - Superman not.

I actually like the Injustice comics until it got all "lol magic". But that's because it really addresses the issue of abuse of power.

(And I really want to see Superman get trashed)

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #908 on: July 13, 2015, 12:53:38 AM

No, don't go and look at Man of Steel, it's a trap and you will never recover those 2 hours of your life.

You can just trust us, it was bad and superman looked like this trailer.

Before watching any superman movie ask yourself "Is Terence Stamp in this?" if not, do not waste your time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #909 on: July 13, 2015, 01:43:26 AM

Indeed.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  
Jump to: