Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 283080 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: September 19, 2013, 01:34:02 PM

I found him pretty annoying before titantic, after titantic, pretty much all the way up to The Departed. It was probably the jobs he took more than his ability as an actor.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #351 on: September 19, 2013, 11:18:37 PM

Yeah, I am not saying by any stretch that I love all of his movies.  Not even close.  But I do think he is easily one of the better actors in Hollywood. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: September 20, 2013, 04:46:31 AM

I agree now. But until Gangs of New York and Catch Me If You Can, he was like Beiber: adored by teen girls and loathed by young males.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: September 20, 2013, 02:45:37 PM

I liked him in The Beach
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #354 on: September 20, 2013, 03:14:53 PM

ALthough I think he has been in some good films, I have never thought he was good in them.  However, I have not seen Gangs of New York.  Regardless, I don't think he'll be in Slaughterman vs Butfleck.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: September 20, 2013, 04:36:57 PM

Turn your fanboy down a bit, it's waking up the baby.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: September 20, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Hopefully I will never lose my ability to be gently amused by nerds who argue that someone else being too much of a nerd.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: September 20, 2013, 08:07:53 PM

I will zealously defend my right and obligation to call people out on their inane wordplay when it comes to things they dislike.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #358 on: September 21, 2013, 03:20:41 PM

I will zealously defend my right and obligation to call people out on their inane wordplay when it comes to things they dislike.
When do we do that, Lake of Sanitation?

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: September 21, 2013, 08:30:41 PM

Facepalm

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: September 22, 2013, 10:13:03 AM

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #361 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35:22 PM

Wonder woman cast.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-12-4/its-official-batman-vs-superman-has-found-its-wonder-woman

She strikes me as too fraile looking for the role.  I was assuming they'd go with someone more athletic and less 'model'-ish. 

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: December 04, 2013, 03:39:59 PM

I was assuming they'd go with someone more athletic and less 'model'-ish. 

Your assumptions are based on no hollywood reality I know.  Athletic to them is this, anything else just makes you some sort of monstrous bulldyke not fit for the silver screen.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: December 04, 2013, 04:52:23 PM

There is a spectrum amongst young actresses. Some of the most popular are more athletically built than this girl. I was not expecting Lisa Lobo, but someone with a toned musculature and non fragile frame would be a better physical match.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #364 on: December 04, 2013, 04:57:44 PM

I'm assuming she'll do a lot of physical training for this role. While I doubt she'll end up looking like Linda Hamilton in T2 I would expect her to look less scrawny than she does right now by the time principal filming starts.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: December 04, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

It's a Snyder movie. She'll look exactly like she does now if Sucker Punch is any indication.

beer geek.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: December 04, 2013, 06:12:54 PM

Exactly. "Girls kick ass!"  (as long as they are only fit for modelling.)

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #367 on: December 04, 2013, 06:13:33 PM

Zach Synder is about a million miles down the list of people that I think could get Wonder Woman--or any female protagonist--right.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: December 04, 2013, 06:27:59 PM

Zach Synder is about a million miles down the list of people that I think could get Wonder Woman--or any female protagonist--right.
Hey, I'd put him a step above Michael Bay.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #369 on: December 05, 2013, 12:37:25 AM

Speaking as Joe Q. Public (someone who was never into the comic book scene), the first thing you expect from Wonder Woman is that she is stupidly, ridiculously good looking.  I cannot think of an incarnation of WW that I have ever seen - including very limited comic book exposure, the old TV show, the Saturday morning cartoons, and even as she appeared in the DC Universe trailers - where she wasn't just soul crushingly gorgeous.  That she is also a bit voluptuous at the same time is also sort of expected, though that can be helped to a degree by the costume itself...but certainly not as rail thin as this chick appears to be.  There is a very short list of current actresses or celebrities that currently fit or could be made to fit this ideal.  Even if you beef up this Gal Gardot (or whatever her name is) up a bit, she isn't a match.

Short list of humans who, IMO, could be WW:

Scarlett Johansson - Obviously it can never happen, but she is probably the closest thing to a perfect match if you make her hair raven black.
Megan Fox - I know she is annoying as all fucking hell, but I think we all remember a scene or two from the Transformers movies where we forgot to breath for a couple seconds.  She would need more meat on her bones, and I imagine a bit of kung fu training.
That slightly chubby girl that has a TV show currently - Can't remember her name at all.  She would need to lose weight, but fuck me if she couldn't be cleaned up something nice.  Wish I could recall her name.  Somebody here knows who I am talking about.  I think she was even mentioned before as a candidate.
Katy Perry - don't laugh, think about it.  She cleans up disturbingly well.  She looks exactly like Wonder Woman, and it didn't occur to me until just right now.

And that's all I can think of.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:39:30 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: December 05, 2013, 12:59:11 AM

Katy Perry wouldn't do it. She would have to wear a totally different brand of makeup and look more like herself to do it, and her entire career is built on not looking like herself at all. I agree that she would be really good though.

WW always struck me as a Diana Rigg type, personally. Pity there are pretty much zero actresses out there with that kind of class and beauty these days.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #371 on: December 05, 2013, 01:57:00 AM

Wanked Pic.

I do not agree that Wonder Woman has to be 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'.  Indeed, I think that's a dangerous trap to fall into.

Take Megan Fox and Katy Perry to fuck.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:11:26 AM by Ironwood »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #372 on: December 05, 2013, 04:28:04 AM

What I mean by that is that's what I think the average schlub expects.  There is a certain mold that has been created for her, like it or not, and people will be dis-inclined to find something outside of that mold as credible.  Why not have a blond, slightly chubby Superman?  Kinda the same thing.  Supes has to have black hair, a muscular build, preferably blue eyes, a square jaw and absolutely must wear his underwear on the outside of his clothes.  You have to be extremely careful about re-inventing these brands.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #373 on: December 05, 2013, 05:03:48 AM

Aye, I had a pic there which caused argument about what's pretty enough or not for Wonder Woman amongst my retarded friends, but it got wanked.

Basically, I really, really want to get away from the Lynda Carter look because I'd really, really rather than Wonder Woman looked like someone who could beat the utter fuckery out of you without worrying about breaking a nail.

Don't get me wrong, Lynda Carter was, and is, awesome, but if we're reinventing, why not do it right ?  Why not follow a Batman mould that WORKS ?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: December 05, 2013, 05:27:52 AM

I dunno.  In my head, she isn't WW if she isn't also a stunner.

Angelina Jolie of 10 years ago might have also worked.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #375 on: December 05, 2013, 05:52:47 AM

I would much rather a WW who looked like a warrior than a model. It's time for that, and there have been some feints and moves here and there in the comics in that direction.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #376 on: December 05, 2013, 06:23:11 AM

Personally, I think they should have gone with someone Mediterranean looking rather than northern European. And as for the TV actress Cyrrex mentioned, I just do not see Melissa McCarthy as Wonder Woman. (Did you really mean Zoey Deschanel?)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:38:37 AM by jgsugden »

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #377 on: December 05, 2013, 07:00:34 AM

Why on earth would you want wonder woman looking like some swarthy Mediterranean?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #378 on: December 05, 2013, 07:08:31 AM

So sick of this Waif-Fu Bullshit.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #379 on: December 05, 2013, 08:42:39 AM

Why on earth would you want wonder woman looking like some swarthy Mediterranean?  Ohhhhh, I see.
Oh ye of little faith and over reliance on stereotypes...

http://www.listal.com/list/beautiful-greek-actresses

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #380 on: December 05, 2013, 08:47:19 AM

So sick of this Waif-Fu Bullshit.

This. I don't know enough about this women to care much, but my first thought when I saw a picture of her was "DAMN SHE IS THIN. RAIL THIN. EAT A DAMN SAMMICH THIN."

Not saying she couldn't pull it off, but not what I think of for Wonder Woman. Lucy Lawless at the height of Xena is pretty much my ideal actress to play Wonder Woman.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: December 05, 2013, 08:50:53 AM

You know, I was going to say that, but I thought I'd be opening myself up to a pile on.

Pretty much.  If your woman is meant to be a fucking Amazon and the pinnacle of warrior women everywhere, Xena would be somewhere to START.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #382 on: December 05, 2013, 09:08:13 AM

This is a film in which Ben Affleck plays Batman, eyes on the prize people, Wonder Woman being too skinny is not even in the top 3 things wrong with this film.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: December 05, 2013, 09:19:42 AM

I have no problem with Affleck as Bats. I initially laughed because it was so left field, but he'll be fine. He won't be anywhere near the problem with this flick if it turns out to be shit.

I still like the old idea of Gina Torres as WW.

beer geek.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #384 on: December 05, 2013, 09:35:42 AM

Oh ye of little faith and over reliance on stereotypes...

http://www.listal.com/list/beautiful-greek-actresses

O ye of little irony.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice  
Jump to: