Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Sooo...played this the last couple of days 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sooo...played this the last couple of days  (Read 8287 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:14 AM

I actually enjoyed myself enough doing F2P that I subscribed for a month.

I think this game has aged pretty well. The character models still look like trash, but the game mechanics feel pretty fresh. Still waaaaaaay too many skills to keep up with though. The game is 7 years old and you still have 3 bars full of skills. You'd think they would consolidate them a bit.

Other than that, it's pretty fun.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:31:42 AM by Ozzu »
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 04:22:14 AM

Speaking as someone who loved the three bars of skills, I think a big reason they're still there is they provide a vivid alternative to WoW. They had a plan at one point to radically consolidate and the reaction was very negative.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 09:43:12 AM

I never understood the whole 3 bars of skills things.  You mean that each and every single ability actually does something unique and viable in combat?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 09:46:40 AM

My experience (class dependent, of course):

Fighting trash mobs = about 5 buttons

Fighting in dungeons = 1 skill bar and a few specials

Raids = MOAR BARS depending on role.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 11:05:17 AM

Some of them are overlaps. I remember a lot were single target and group target rebuffs that did the same thing, but they stacked so on a raid you cycle both.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 12:44:35 PM

I think my wizard had one bar of normal rotation, a bar of situationals and a bar of utility. Something like that.

I should probably hop in once Rift wears off for me, if I don't have my KS stuff in by then...
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 12:32:09 PM

Hopped in and played today for shits and giggles.

in addition to all the lore changes since the last time I logged in (which was apparently sometime in 2011), I need to learn what skills do what again and which ones I don't need as I routinely got my ass handed to me by even con mobs.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 07:20:28 AM

After reading this thread, I decided to resub again this weekend. Got my Brigand up to 92 and 95 Armorer; trying to figure out how tradeskill apprentices work since I hear they're important. I'll also finally have enough rep to finish my Coldain Prayer Shawl quest that I started a year or so ago.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 09:38:38 AM

They gotta drop the price on the expansion packs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Sooo...played this the last couple of days  
Jump to: