Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade announced at E3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade announced at E3  (Read 60302 times)
lesion

Reply #70 on: September 26, 2016, 02:29:55 PM

ok guys so we're gonna buy this license to a thing, get some thing models and sounds, and paste it all into a sweet Unity tutorial I found online

we'll get a few more models and put 'em behind a paywall

because fuck everyone buying video games

steam|a grue \[T]/
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: February 04, 2017, 12:30:06 PM

ARISE!

So yeah, I grabbed this in the latest Humble Bundle and have put about 3 hours into it, enough time to be able to get some kills.

This. Game. Sucks.

Ok, it's not HORRIBLE. However, it's pretty bad. It takes forever to load sometimes but not all the time. When you actually get in a game, it runs decently but sometimes getting into a game is the hard part. The game crashed twice on me just trying to get into the fucking tutorial area. You start the game with the absolute worst set of gear on the planets so get ready to die to people who have better gear a lot and not have one clue why. The controls are slushy, probably owing to it being a 3rd person game instead of 1st person. Left click to shoot your ranged weapon, right click for melee, no matter which set of gear you have equipped. You can get some help with melee by holding down the control key (it locks you onto a target, but only for melee attacks). Owing to the fact that melee often requires you run around flailing like a fucking pair of idiots circling each other, melee weapons are stupidly overpowered except for the combat knife every one gets. Be prepared to grind and die a lot in PVP battles until you can build up enough requisition points to buy decent weaponry (or buy them with real money). The maps are too big yet manage to funnel most of the action around one or two points the entire game. Be prepared to be constantly surprised by someone coming around a corner because there isn't a lot of open space outside buildings and there are a lot of buildings and detritus on every map. The maps are also pretty drab looking affairs, even when you are on the lava river map. Vehicles have lots of spaces for other players but you'll generally be driving them by yourself unless you squad up with friends, meaning you park the vehicle in a spot and switch to a gunner's seat hoping someone comes along to shoot at.

This game really isn't even worth buying if you are a huge 40k fan nerd. There are much better shootery experiences with gear grinds - like Battlefield of any flavor.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 04, 2017, 04:44:08 PM

ARISE!

So yeah, I grabbed this in the latest Humble Bundle and have put about 3 hours into it, enough time to be able to get some kills.

This. Game. Sucks.

Ok, it's not HORRIBLE. However, it's pretty bad. It takes forever to load sometimes but not all the time. When you actually get in a game, it runs decently but sometimes getting into a game is the hard part. The game crashed twice on me just trying to get into the fucking tutorial area. You start the game with the absolute worst set of gear on the planets so get ready to die to people who have better gear a lot and not have one clue why. The controls are slushy, probably owing to it being a 3rd person game instead of 1st person. Left click to shoot your ranged weapon, right click for melee, no matter which set of gear you have equipped. You can get some help with melee by holding down the control key (it locks you onto a target, but only for melee attacks). Owing to the fact that melee often requires you run around flailing like a fucking pair of idiots circling each other, melee weapons are stupidly overpowered except for the combat knife every one gets. Be prepared to grind and die a lot in PVP battles until you can build up enough requisition points to buy decent weaponry (or buy them with real money). The maps are too big yet manage to funnel most of the action around one or two points the entire game. Be prepared to be constantly surprised by someone coming around a corner because there isn't a lot of open space outside buildings and there are a lot of buildings and detritus on every map. The maps are also pretty drab looking affairs, even when you are on the lava river map. Vehicles have lots of spaces for other players but you'll generally be driving them by yourself unless you squad up with friends, meaning you park the vehicle in a spot and switch to a gunner's seat hoping someone comes along to shoot at.

This game really isn't even worth buying if you are a huge 40k fan nerd. There are much better shootery experiences with gear grinds - like Battlefield of any flavor.

I was thinking of getting the Humble Bundle just for this game.  Your words have saved me $10. awesome, for real
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #73 on: February 04, 2017, 08:16:57 PM

Yeah, it's definitely not worth the bundle if that's the only thing you are interested in.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade announced at E3  
Jump to: