Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  (Read 148050 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #525 on: January 21, 2017, 11:10:13 AM

This is fun (so far). Barstard with the lmgs are a bit of a pita
Those guys you can just wait out till they need to reload.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #526 on: January 21, 2017, 07:17:24 PM

Also shooting weakpoints is good.

Cleaners are fucking chumps and minus their engineers and blitzers (who are melee only) they all have "shoot here to instantly kill me or nearly instantly kill me" spots on them.

Their heavies have a big obvious can on their right side (facing you) that is insanely easy to shoot, along with the big tank on their back which is so big you can hit it by shooting next to their heads from the front.
Their other guys are chumps.

Riker Heavies are a bit harder to hit the weakpoint of because their ammo backpack is well, actually directly on their backs- better just to wait out their reloads solo. When you shoot their backpack enough the ammo in it cooks off and they take a ton of damage and do the chicken dance for like 10 seconds.

LMB heavies and shield heavies have their ammo packs hang out to the right when they're facing you straight on and they're fairly easy to shoot. Same as the riker heavies- they'll take usually their entire armor bar in damage from cooking off their backpacks.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #527 on: January 23, 2017, 10:49:39 AM

So, I tried this again, and apparently I'm awful at it. Last mission in the tutorial took me quite a while to finish. Then I get to the Hudson camp and the first side mission I try (kill some elite), and I'm unable to finish.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Is this just a case of not having gear and not having abilities, so this seems harder than it is? Like one or two seconds out of cover, and I'm just dead. It's somewhat discouraging.

I mean, I sucked a bit too at Warframe initially, but at least you died a bit slower there.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #528 on: January 23, 2017, 11:26:47 AM

So, I tried this again, and apparently I'm awful at it. Last mission in the tutorial took me quite a while to finish. Then I get to the Hudson camp and the first side mission I try (kill some elite), and I'm unable to finish.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Is this just a case of not having gear and not having abilities, so this seems harder than it is?
I would unlock your Base of Operations and do the green Medical missions until you have 500 points to unlock the Clinic upgrade which will give you the First Aid skill so you can self-heal without using Medical Kits.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #529 on: January 23, 2017, 11:28:03 AM

Took me a bunch of times to do some of the earlier missions. I actually like the fact that it's not super easy. Key, I feel, is patience. Sit in cover, let em reload or do something stupid. Pop up, do some damage, don't stay up too long trying to get a kill, pop back down into cover.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #530 on: January 23, 2017, 11:36:54 AM

Yeah, PvE is not a run and gun game barring some specialized end game builds.

I also have a lowbie character I'm leveling up that I can use to help you through the early missions if you can't find low level groups.
Rasix

Reply #531 on: January 23, 2017, 11:49:16 AM

Is the game mostly (leveling/main quest line) soloable?

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #532 on: January 23, 2017, 12:27:11 PM

Is the game mostly (leveling/main quest line) soloable?

Yep. Game will ramp up according to group size, but definitely soloable.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #533 on: January 23, 2017, 03:10:18 PM

Yeah I mostly soloed my way to level 30 with some of the story missions being done in PuGs through the matchmaking system.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: January 24, 2017, 07:05:14 AM

Any ability to find each other in game easily? aka guilds/squads? And how does the ingame voice chat work?

Playing this co-op could be fun but preferably not pugging it.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: January 24, 2017, 07:08:21 AM

Any ability to find each other in game easily? aka guilds/squads? And how does the ingame voice chat work?

Playing this co-op could be fun but preferably not pugging it.

Voice auto-connects in-game once you join a group. However, I play with my PS4 buddies and we just use the PS4 party system. In game works, but we had issues with it as IIRC it has a proximity value to it. As for guilds... no idea.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

Reply #536 on: February 02, 2017, 11:44:36 AM

So, once you clear out a map, what's the best way to level? My map's looking pretty sparse outside of a few missions that I'm too low leveled (13) for. 

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #537 on: February 02, 2017, 11:49:54 AM

You should have at least one side mission to visit the other safe houses in the other districts. You can also visit the other safe houses on your own (don't need an explicit side mission to unlock each one). In each safe house interacting with the board will unlock all the non-side missions and interacting with one of the people there will unlock all the side missions in the district.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:52:03 AM by Trippy »
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: February 02, 2017, 11:51:05 AM

So, once you clear out a map, what's the best way to level? My map's looking pretty sparse outside of a few missions that I'm too low leveled (13) for. 

Districts have a lot of level overlap (4-9, 6-14, 10-20) so you shouldn't ever stall.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #539 on: February 02, 2017, 12:02:04 PM

You should have at least one side mission to visit the other safe houses in the other districts. You can also visit the other safe houses on your own (don't need an explicit side mission to unlock each one). In each safe house interacting with the board will unlock all the non-side missions and interacting with one of the people there will unlock all the side missions in the district.

Edit: typo
It's not made explicitly clear and I can't remember exactly what you need to do to unlock the safe house side missions but the general story flow after you unlock your Base of Operations is to do the main story mission in your current district and some of the other missions and that'll unlock the side mission to visit the safe house in the district that's the next set of levels above your current district. Then you go to that safe house unlock all the missions and rinse and repeat.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #540 on: January 06, 2018, 09:58:59 AM

So while Destiny 2 has been reinventing it's own failures, The Division's finally gotten it's act together. Took a super long and frustrating time, but Massive managed to un-ass it's head from itself.

Gameplay is smooth now, Dark Zone isn't a twitchy gank-fest anymore where you're afraid of accidentally "going rogue", and loot has meaning.

The SkillUp guy that did the really great Destiny 1 review recently published his review of The Division 1.8. https://youtu.be/-zj9yiJ-DzQ

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #541 on: January 07, 2018, 10:39:32 AM

The "new" story content is kinda weak though IMO. It's just audio tapes of the douchebag big bad taunting you and some day-in-the-life records of some survivors.

The game itself is a lot better though.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #542 on: January 07, 2018, 01:31:02 PM

I kinda want tp find the girl who was leaving voicemails for her grandmother though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
WayAbvPar

Reply #543 on: January 13, 2018, 07:19:52 PM

Been playing this a lot the past couple of weeks. It is fun. While it doesn't have the breadth of loot,  the set grinding reminds me of Diablo 3. Scratching the loot itch nicely.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #544 on: January 19, 2018, 02:19:50 PM

I've heard rumors that this is a lot better. Recommend a purchase?  Destiny 2, I just don't feel compelled to play after one run-through with my titan. Spending more time with Wolfenstein New Order.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #545 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:59 PM

I've heard rumors that this is a lot better. Recommend a purchase?  Destiny 2, I just don't feel compelled to play after one run-through with my titan. Spending more time with Wolfenstein New Order.
It's a good RPG looter cover shooter, with RPG being key as it doesn't matter how good your shooter skills are if you don't have adequate gear for the level of enemy you are fighting. It's also not a game that emphasizes spamming "special skills" like Warframe does.

Edit: cover shooter, that is
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:35:19 AM by Trippy »
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #546 on: January 20, 2018, 01:01:41 PM

If you have a good PC it's also a really pretty game. Lot of environmental touches and impressive lighting/texture/design work.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  
Jump to: