Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  (Read 148047 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: May 22, 2016, 03:43:15 AM

I'll believe it when I see it. More importantly, I'll truly believe it if there's something rewarding for me to do 3 weeks after 1.2 drops, since I expect a week or two of loot Pinata's dropping like candy. If it's back to an unrewarding boring bullshit plateau like the one I'm currently sitting on, I'm done for good. Maybe that's for the best anyway - there's plenty of other games out there that need playing.

Fancy chart someone made based on the changes they outlined in the blog. Spoilered for size.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #456 on: May 22, 2016, 05:33:32 AM

Encouraging... but with their stupid drop rates being so minuscule, I'm not going to get too optimistic.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: May 22, 2016, 05:39:25 AM

Guaranteed means guaranteed. Now it's just a matter of playing the slot machines to get the stat combo you need. What is encouraging is that a lot of the feedback given for 1.1 is going into 1.2. The next drive/feedback is probably going to be the reduction of the ludicrous number of minor stats there are.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #458 on: May 22, 2016, 12:22:46 PM

They need to do something about the minimums for weapon talents being so buttfuck insane. It stops most weapons from actually being fully usable when you get them (and even by the time you dispose of them) and pretty much completely borks the idea of sidegrades.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: May 22, 2016, 01:02:24 PM

Weapon talents need to be respec-able, plain and simple.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: May 23, 2016, 01:12:05 PM

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: October 25, 2016, 08:14:38 AM

Rise one last time for the "okay, seriously, if this doesn't work we're done" 1.4 kitchen sink patch!

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-271342-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

tl;dr - "We get it. You fuckers like D3, but in a third-person shooter. So we tried to get as close to it as possible. Plz come back and play again. We'll be good again, promise!"

The subrredit does seem to be hyping this as the "thing" that will save the game. The devs delayed the season pass plans, created a PTR, and really, REALLY tried to make this thing work. Guess I'll give it a go during WoW downtime.

schild
Administrator

Reply #462 on: October 25, 2016, 08:17:53 AM

All NPCs will now have chances to drop High-End and Gear Set items, tougher enemies (veteran, elites) have higher chances to drop.

I actually thought that was the case the entire time. Yes, I like D3.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: October 25, 2016, 08:24:07 AM

Yeah, no, the devs were really stingy with loot at launch, as was the case with D3 and other loot-fest games. Glad to see that the wheel can still be reinvented, regardless of how many times it's already been done.

schild
Administrator

Reply #464 on: October 25, 2016, 08:32:50 AM

I gotta be honest, this patch makes me want to play again. On it's face, I liked basically everything about the game. Also, it was utterly gorgeous to a degree that I was compelled to play.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #465 on: October 25, 2016, 08:35:07 AM

Endorsement by schild makes me want to try it.  I'm really enjoying a replay of Borderlands 2 as the conductor of the poop train.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #466 on: October 25, 2016, 08:46:42 AM

I said makes me want to play again. I still haven't decided if I'm going to give up the hard drive space. It's a behemoth.
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: October 25, 2016, 09:44:00 AM

Been waiting on this for awhile now. Every post was about how this was on the PTS and how they changed that on the PTS, got to the point I thought the PTS was going to be the only thing they were going forward with. I'll load it up when it drops for my PS4 and see just how good it is, but I am not having a whole lot of faith. Loot aside, there were a lot of other issues that keep punching people in the nuts.

I can't wait till the stuff they pushed back from the season's pass they take out of this past year's pass and put on the next and claim this patch should more than make up for the change in content available.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #468 on: October 25, 2016, 09:54:59 AM

If you are solo / puggimg do you still have to go into the PvP area to get the really good loot and recipes?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #469 on: October 25, 2016, 09:56:28 AM

They didn't patch out the bullet sponges did they?

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #470 on: October 25, 2016, 10:08:00 AM

Patch Notes say NPC time to kill has been reduced. Don't know yet if that means they are no longer sponges. Given that ammo capacity has also been increased and magazines are refilled from ammo crates I would assume that running out of ammo trying to kill stuff is still an issue.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: October 25, 2016, 10:40:41 AM

They're still sponges, but because they rebalanced player damage output, they don't feel as spongy.

Also, the PvP area is no longer the only avenue to top gear. It's still "a" avenue, but on paper they've done a nice job of revamping the PvE open world and the Undergrounds/Dungeons to make things on par with each other.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #472 on: October 25, 2016, 11:21:59 AM

I said makes me want to play again. I still haven't decided if I'm going to give up the hard drive space. It's a behemoth.

I replaced my PS4 hard disk with a 2TB jobber.  Try it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: October 25, 2016, 01:52:56 PM

Hmm, I might actually give this a go again.  Really enjoyed getting to the end of the story and level 30 but hated the fact that I HAD to go into the Dark Zone to advance my gear any further.  A fps D3 is all I really wanted out of this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #474 on: October 25, 2016, 02:15:18 PM

That doesn't help with PC.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: October 25, 2016, 02:32:07 PM

I kinda wanted to try this but didn't because it sounded a mess. Is it f2p yet, or do I have to buy a box to give it a shot?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: October 25, 2016, 03:12:02 PM

Well just played around with it... not seeing much of a change from the last patch 1.3. Dunno. Used to be fun before I learned the game. Now it just feels like the same messy shit.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: October 25, 2016, 03:29:34 PM

I kinda wanted to try this but didn't because it sounded a mess. Is it f2p yet, or do I have to buy a box to give it a shot?

Buy a box. I've seen it as low as $15 in the last couple weeks. You don't need the season pass unless you really like it to the end.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: October 25, 2016, 04:42:03 PM

Nice. May reinstall. But yea, it's a huge install.

Side note: the hell idiot decided Borda was the right font for white text on black background? I had to copy/paste those notes to Wordpad just to read the damned thing. Note to designers: thin fonts are only good in some cases, no matter the trend of the day.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #479 on: October 27, 2016, 07:35:22 PM

That doesn't help with PC.

Cats and dogs living together.  Is that a Surface problem?

But really, should I try Division?  I mean, once the price drops.  Because I can always just go back to Destiny.

Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:17 AM

Put in about 2 hours on this last night just running around the city collecting all the cell phones and drones I didn't get to when I did play. Drops are better; not raining from heaven, but all the drops I was getting were at least useful or side-grades to what I had. GS is by world-level that you can set. I have mine at tier 4 and was getting GS229 drops which is the standard for that tier. So that is a plus.

The mobs actually seem a bit more challenging. The bullet sponginess is still there, but less severe. What really ramps things up is mob behavior. Groups will split and flank you now. I was routinely getting 2 mobs camping me behind side down the street and 1-2 advancing on my position around cover and 1 charging headstrong at me. By the time I dropped the charger, the 2 flankers were roughly behind me and the two in front were pushing forward. I was pleasantly surprised by this and actually died a few times just running around because I got flanked. I might actually load this up more than once a month now. I haven't played any missions yet as I am waiting on my buddies to get talked back into playing. Maybe this weekend.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: October 28, 2016, 03:33:42 PM

But really, should I try Division?  I mean, once the price drops.  Because I can always just go back to Destiny.

Once the price drops yes, it's definitely worth messing around with.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #482 on: October 29, 2016, 06:18:51 PM

It's on sale right now at 40% off through the Ubisoft Uplay store.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: October 29, 2016, 06:20:50 PM

40% off full retail. Steam's only $5 more, if you prefer to keep all your games under one roof.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #484 on: October 29, 2016, 06:39:41 PM

Amazon has it even cheaper right now for just the base game.

Uplay Store is $35.99 and Amazon is $24.99.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #485 on: October 29, 2016, 06:42:51 PM

40% off full retail. Steam's only $5 more, if you prefer to keep all your games under one roof.
You are still required to have a Uplay account (and link it to your Steam account) and there are benefits from playing through Uplay itself like currency you can spend on stuff.

WayAbvPar

Reply #486 on: November 03, 2016, 07:41:04 AM

Wish I would have read about the update before I nuked my local install last week. Oh well. Good to know it is better now if I get the itch to go back.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #487 on: November 03, 2016, 09:10:27 PM

1.4 is really, really good for gameplay.

Now, they need to move the story forward.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: November 04, 2016, 03:14:01 AM

The postponed DLC Survival will do that. I'm think January release, maybe December if they didn't have to retool too much from what they may have already done before they had to do the 1.4 kitchen sink patch.

Playing in spurts at the moment leveling a new character. The 1-30 experience is still great. Hell, even the DZ is nice to jump into no and again for loots since I don't have to compete with high-end ballers anymore.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #489 on: November 05, 2016, 10:28:21 PM

I've been playing this a lot again since the patch. Everything just shits loot all over you now. I'd like to try the incursions but I hear they're just big stupid gauntlets and they're pointless as far as loot goes now.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  
Jump to: