Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:17:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  (Read 148945 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: March 27, 2016, 08:22:21 PM

Shame all these promo codes are for fucking uPlay. I will literally never get the DLC because they aren't Steam codes.

It wouldn't matter because you would still need to download, install and launch the game through UPlay.  There's no way around it even if you buy from Steam.

I actually think it's annoying having it on Steam..  It means I have to have Steam and Uplay open. 
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: March 27, 2016, 10:17:10 PM

Shame all these promo codes are for fucking uPlay. I will literally never get the DLC because they aren't Steam codes.

It wouldn't matter because you would still need to download, install and launch the game through UPlay.  There's no way around it even if you buy from Steam.

I actually think it's annoying having it on Steam..  It means I have to have Steam and Uplay open. 

Buy it from UPlay then?  I bought my key from Greenman Gaming for about 33% off a few days before release and it was UPlay only.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #387 on: March 28, 2016, 02:11:47 AM

Actually, if you buy it on Steam it downloads and installs it and updates it through Steam. It only uses uPlay for authentication.

About having uPlay and Steam open at the same time, honest question, what is the problem with that?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: March 28, 2016, 03:21:21 AM

It's another 10 megs of useless code hogging up my RAM!  Mob

#JustPCMasterRaceThings

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: March 28, 2016, 06:04:29 AM

#JustPCMasterRaceThings

I was afraid of getting an answer like that. It's 1988 all over again I see.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: March 28, 2016, 07:10:18 AM

I think when uPlay first came out it was pretty heinous. Poorly coded, didn't interact with the actual game(s) let alone Steam very well.

Honestly it doesn't bother me that much; was just channeling other people's expected rage. For what it does these days and how well it does actually play with Steam, it's gotten a lot better. Getting free shit from doing in-game achievements is actually pretty cool.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: March 28, 2016, 10:51:00 AM

#JustPCMasterRaceThings

And it takes like a few more seconds for that stuff to log in and authenticate! 
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: March 28, 2016, 11:45:55 AM

I play the Division via Steam and yes it logs into my uplay account (and uses my username for my character name in the game?!?! not only lame but a security risk), but it's actually pretty fast and I don't see the uplay interface. I don't think it even loads? On install it shows up to get your account authenticated.

- Viin
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: March 28, 2016, 12:19:44 PM

And it takes like a few more seconds for that stuff to log in and authenticate! 

OMG! Mob

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: March 28, 2016, 01:46:04 PM

Finally finished the game "so far". That Bliss chopper was a tough nut to crack (or maybe I just need more Stamina gear  why so serious?), but it's just high end gearing up and out until they start pushing new content. Went ahead and grabbed the season pass; I could see myself enjoying this for longer than I had anticipated, and the plan they have laid out for the year looks decent enough.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #395 on: March 28, 2016, 03:27:30 PM

I think when uPlay first came out it was pretty heinous. Poorly coded, didn't interact with the actual game(s) let alone Steam very well.

Honestly it doesn't bother me that much; was just channeling other people's expected rage. For what it does these days and how well it does actually play with Steam, it's gotten a lot better. Getting free shit from doing in-game achievements is actually pretty cool.

I remember when I tried to activate and patch Splinter Cell: Blacklist back in the day.  ACK! ACK! ACK!

uPlay was hardly noticeable for this.  I just had to remember which user name this one actually used.  Apparently I had two, and I picked the one without Splinter Cell: Blacklist on it.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: March 29, 2016, 03:09:39 AM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #397 on: March 29, 2016, 08:31:31 PM

That made my fucking day.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #398 on: March 30, 2016, 03:13:50 PM

How the hell are you supposed to use these radial menus with m+kb?   ACK! I finally just heaved my flashbang so it'd auto select the fragmentation grenades.

-Rasix
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: March 30, 2016, 03:42:48 PM

How the hell are you supposed to use these radial menus with m+kb?   ACK! I finally just heaved my flashbang so it'd auto select the fragmentation grenades.

I gave up and bound my grenades to number keys.  I could always pick every other grenade but the frags lol.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #400 on: March 30, 2016, 03:47:04 PM

Or CTRL+# keys.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: March 31, 2016, 10:40:24 AM

There's supposed to be news out today detailing the first content pack for next month: Incursions.

From what's been said so far, we're getting some MMO staples:

- New end-game dungeon mission(s).
- Item sets
- Loot trading (not open item trade, mind you. Just loot dropped in the instance your squad is in at the time).

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: April 01, 2016, 04:53:48 PM

Crafted and obtained my first high-end item. Went with the Jones and rolled a Vector SMG. I don't know for sure if it's a "god-roll", but it's working out great so far.

Talents: Deadly, Fierce, Self-Preserved.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #403 on: April 01, 2016, 04:55:54 PM

Enjoy it before it gets nerfed!
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: April 02, 2016, 12:10:38 AM

Enjoy it before it gets nerfed!

Why? It's not the best weapon in game.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #405 on: April 02, 2016, 12:17:50 AM

SMGs will almost certainly get nerfed.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: April 02, 2016, 01:21:07 AM

Or they could at least make LMGs/shotguns more appealing.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: April 02, 2016, 01:37:02 AM

For those interested, here's a decent roundup of the Incursions patch coming this month.

http://teambrg.com/the-division/division-patch-1-1-incursions-special-report/

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: April 03, 2016, 05:24:57 PM

Hitting a little bit of a burnout wall now. The DZ is great and all, but I hate the risk of douchebag players being douchebags. Unfortunately they've gated all of the good shit there, and since it's an open non-instanced area, the good spots are being farmed by the harcores, and the PvPers wanna gank for shits and giggles. The superior gear being locked away at DZ lvl 30 is stupid; I can farm superior gear all day long from PvE missions without breaking a sweat. If they want me to farm DZ credits, ok sure, but also get lvl 30? What a waste. The DZ lvl 50 high end gear makes sense.

The daily hard missions are a nice touch of Phoenix Coins, but I don't like how they're limited to just two a day. The challenging mission requires at least a good amount of high-end gear loadout, so unless you're being carried, you're just banging your head on the wall here.

They need to take a couple pages from the WoW playbook; if people want to farm Phoenix credits running missions, let them. Hell, make it so that you have to be a group of 4 to get the credits, at least then you're matchmakers being put to use and people are getting game-time in. Also, let the rare-spawns outside of the DZ respawn at a faster rate than it is now. They can also drop P.C.s

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #409 on: April 03, 2016, 06:58:41 PM

I run in a group of friends, 3 total. We can take down Lexington. We just tried Russian Consulate and barely got past the first room. Shotgunners are just fuck stupid - takes me 3 full reloads of dumping crits and headshots to take one down while they can literally 2 shot me, from across the room, while I am in cover. I am sitting at 61k health and 61% armor. I'd rather deal with the shitbags in the DZ ganking me.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #410 on: April 03, 2016, 08:05:55 PM

I waited to flip over to level 30 until after I had hit DZ50.  Made the transition a lot easier and I got to avoid the level 30 DZ until I was over-geared and ready to fuck shit up.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: April 03, 2016, 09:00:53 PM

I'm at 24 now, but haven't hit DZ yet. Cleaning up everything around it though. I'm approaching this uncharacteristically as a completionist. The scenery is just too gorgeous to not want to see all of it.

But when is a good time for DZ? I don't understand your sentence about DZ50 before flipping 30. I assume Dark Zone has its own progression, but is it such that you gain DZ points in DZ but don't gain XP? And how does that help you avoid level 30 DZ?

Sorry for the dumb question. I literally have done no research outside of the game. No theorycrafting, builds, optimizatons, nadda. I feel like the moment I try to optimize a session, I'll be out. Old MMO problem I had: the moment I  knew how to do something, I lost interest smiley
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: April 04, 2016, 12:00:46 AM

You obtain DZ XP, just like regular XP (so don't throw away those +Bonus XP items just yet when you ding regular 30!). The thing is that unless you're running with a good squad, the DZ is harsh as fuck before you hit regular 30. If it was broken up more and had PvE or level restricted zones so that high level people couldn't come down and harass lowbies, then an item progression system like they have works better. As it stands, all of the pinks are meaningless to someone who's finished the game outside the walls, aside from maybe tuning your build for min/maxing your stats and bonuses to relevant skills and such.

I cleared the game same as you did; cleaning up everything and enjoyed everything. And they really could do more outside the DZ to make PvE have more repeatable/enjoyable meat. Right now they're doing the typical post-game launch schedule; add new high-end challenging-as-fuck content for the hardcore people to chew on (i.e. Incursions).

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: April 04, 2016, 04:12:53 PM

Ah great thanks. Will keep plugging away.
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: April 04, 2016, 04:22:45 PM

They need wanted posters daily, a roaming boss with minions causing problems in an area. Just give an alert saying there is a trouble maker in a section of town, but don't give a marker and have him/her roam the streets. Easy to make, daily PvE repeatable... 5 PxC and a drop.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: April 04, 2016, 04:50:26 PM

Got the high-end schematic for an extended magazine for my Vector. Feels a lot more comfortable now with 2x the ammo capacity per mag, and the +7% crit chance isn't bad either  awesome, for real

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: April 04, 2016, 08:05:16 PM

They need wanted posters daily, a roaming boss with minions causing problems in an area. Just give an alert saying there is a trouble maker in a section of town, but don't give a marker and have him/her roam the streets. Easy to make, daily PvE repeatable... 5 PxC and a drop.

I like it. Reminds me of CoH. I'd spend most sessions just looking for trouble then.

I kinda do here too. Just amassing a horde of resources revisiting resource drops every log in and shooting what gets in the way. It's no flying/flame throwing like my archetypical super heros from DCUO and CoH, but it makes up for it in its rendtiion of Manhattan.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #417 on: April 05, 2016, 03:50:14 PM

Huge crafting nerf incoming in 1.1 patch (est patch day April 12):

http://blog.ubi.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-divisions-1-1-incursions-update/

Crafting

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
* 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
* 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
* 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
* Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
* Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: April 05, 2016, 04:04:19 PM

Beat me to it  awesome, for real

Guess I need to get those cheap mats processed up to High End this weekend. Though as much as the forums and subreddit are on fire over the crafting changes, there's a chance they may not go through. No notice was given in the state of the game addresses they've made in the last few weeks about them; to spring them on to everyone without warning may just be a litmus test.

On the other hand, in light of the DZ item realignments (which makes me rescind my earlier complaints about the system should they go through), it may be Massive's way of trying to either funnel more people into the DZ, or at least make those that just want to farm missions all day for mats pay a higher price for not committing as much risk to getting their rewards. Additionally it makes the item level curve run a little longer, which probably will buy them more time for new players that haven't maxed out yet to generate new content over the coming months.

Aside from the crafting though, the notes look great.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:08:03 PM by luckton »

Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: April 05, 2016, 04:11:48 PM

Beat me to it  awesome, for real

Guess I need to get those cheap mats processed up to High End this weekend. Though as much as the forums and subreddit are on fire over the crafting changes, there's a chance they may not go through. No notice was given in the state of the game addresses they've made in the last few weeks about them; to spring them on to everyone without warning may just be a litmus test.

On the other hand, in light of the DZ item realignments (which makes me rescind my earlier complaints about the system should they go through), it may be Massive's way of trying to either funnel more people into the DZ, or at least make those that just want to farm missions all day for mats pay a higher price for not committing as much risk to getting their rewards. Additionally it makes the item level curve run a little longer, which probably will buy them more time for new players that haven't maxed out yet to generate new content over the coming months.

Aside from the crafting though, the notes look great.

Worried about this. Once you start making people do shit they don't want to do, they'll get up and leave. Feels like they sold a bunch of season passes and now decided to make Mr. Bone's Wild Ride. Forced conflict never works. DZ should be an option, not the goal. And I am not opposed to the DZ since I am almost 40 on one character and 24 on another. Just saying.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Tom Clancy's The Division  
Jump to: