Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:25:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta Live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta Live  (Read 2175 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: June 05, 2013, 08:55:34 AM

If you pre-order, you are able to play right now.

Welcome to the latest letter from the Producer.

The first piece of news for you guys is that we have officially gone gold! This means the disc version of the game is now complete and has been sent off to the factory for replication. One of the many benefits of the PC platform and digital era we live in is our ability to continue tweaking and balancing the game right up until launch in what's commonly referred to as a "day 0" patch. The team is cranking away tirelessly to add the final layer of polish and squashing as many bugs as possible before it's released into the wild.

Now, the news that you've all been waiting for... as of today (June 4th, 2013) @ roughly 10am PST, we're launching the Open Beta!

We've added new match-making servers, implemented a significant amount of Closed Beta feedback and fixed more bugs, compatibility and performance issues than I can count. The team will continue to read comments and feedback in our official forums (http://community.companyofheroes.com) and participate in regular playtests with the community. We’ll be patching the beta frequently and getting into a good rhythm for our post launch support cycle. Please keep the comments and suggestions coming – we do care and are listening!

We also have some fantastic news for beta participants and pre-order customers. Anyone who participates in the Open beta will be able to transfer all progression and unlocks earned, if they purchase the game within the first 60 days of launch and play it on the same Steam account as the beta! That means any commanders, skins or bulletins you unlock in beta will be yours to use in the full game.

On behalf of the team, I’d like to thank the community for their support over the recent months. We’re on the home stretch and are once again looking to our amazing fans to help Relic make COH2 the best it can be!

See you online!

Greg Wilson, Producer

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:55:13 PM

played a couple of games last night - it plays well, similar to COH1 with some nice UI features from DOW2 and general improvements.  Less brown all over the screen makes quick visual recognition of units etc a little easier which i found was sometimes a problem if you're a fast paced rts style player.

russia v germany are the only 2 factions atm, not sure if this is being expanded.  its well worth a look if you can afford 13gb in this month's bandwidth, free to beta for another 10-11 days.

Netcode wasn't horribad either which is a welcome change to most RTS's i play these days (sc2, red alert3, civ5 etc).

*Should be working*
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 02:01:31 AM

Relevant to my interests.  I used to play the piss out of CoH.  A friend and I did co-op and had a blast as well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta Live  
Jump to: