Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382241 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: April 20, 2022, 03:33:02 PM

Castrum is actually the most changed I think, no searchlights, no giant gauntlet of mobs, not three towers to blow up.

And there were mechs on the Ultima fights, its just that having most of the party in tomestone gear made them super trivial and could be avoided.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1226 on: June 05, 2022, 05:24:14 AM

So oddly enough, I started this up with a buddy back in April or so. Current at 60 with a BLM, low-50s with SAM, Ninja in the 20s or something, and just unlocked Astrologian.

It's surprisingly not bad, though sometimes the quest slog to unlock new MSQ dungeons and such...it's a big much at times.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1227 on: June 05, 2022, 08:20:26 AM

The ARR (up to 50) content is definitely a slog. They did a good job of removing most of the really onerous things in later expansions though the fact that almost all content is gated behind the main story is somewhat of a change from other games. But if you just do the MSQ and job quests as you play, it does a good job of keeping you in line with the levels so you don't need to do stuff on the side as you grind to the cap if you don't want to.

The changes they made to the sub-50 dungeons and the lvl 50 MSQ stuff does make it more new player friendly though.

What server are you playing on?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1228 on: July 02, 2022, 01:54:00 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1229 on: July 03, 2022, 11:17:41 AM

awesome, for real

That's about right.  I'm up-to-date but I find it strange they are putting some kind of weapon upgrade behind that quest line.  I don't think it's EW relics though.

I'm also disappointed that they're doing 24 hour maintenance for 6.18 on the Fourth.  Like, major US holiday, lots of people will be off and... can't game.  Oh well, guess I craft and art instead.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1230 on: July 03, 2022, 03:24:25 PM

Well their maintenance is based off of Japan's calendar/times not ours, and they are bringing the new japan datacenter stuff online so that is why it will be such a long maintenance I think.

While it is nice that they have all regions on the same schedule and don't turn any on before the others, it is annoying when major maintenance in one region means all of them are down even when they wouldn't need to me at a technical level.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1231 on: July 21, 2022, 06:27:05 AM

On Fairy.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1232 on: July 21, 2022, 06:51:41 AM

On Fairy.

Faerie  why so serious?

Let me know if you need any help with anything (money, crafting, leveling, whatever) since I'm also on Faerie under this name and am at the point where I'm looking for things to do.  I mean, I'm actually working on an ARR relic which has been painful even cheesing things unsynced at max level.  Having a healer (or tank) can help a lot with DPS queues.

I'm seriously annoyed by the whole ARR relic quest line not just because of the repetition (sending you to dungeons to get items over and over again) but also the cost for some items (20K GC seals for one item and you need four of it; $100K for an item - again 4 needed - bought at various merchants around the ARR zones; special crafted items that you need to find the special mats for or buy off the MB) makes me wonder how anyone did this at anything close to level.  I have plenty of money to spend and think it's pricey. I'm working on the SMN ARR relic and at some point in time I started the DRG relic but honestly think I'll just finish SMN and be done.  ALSO - the directions for the whole quest line are so vague and scattered that without an online guild I'd never know where to go next.  I'm glad that later relic quests seem to be better organized.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1233 on: August 08, 2022, 06:28:58 AM

Endsinger EX sucks.

That is all.

(This post brought to you by two days of futile learning parties trying to clear that annoying ass trial.)

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1234 on: August 08, 2022, 09:04:11 AM

Heh, I don't do EX trials or Savage raids for a reason.

I am getting close to my goal of getting every job to max level. Only three jobs left below 80 (MNK/SAM at 78, SGE at 79) and finished off getting Rank 3 on ShB shared fates last night.

I will be just short of 90 on a couple of jobs when I hit my 1 year anniversary playing the game at the end of August.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1235 on: August 08, 2022, 02:10:33 PM

Every now and again I go back to the first page or two of this thread and have a chuckle. It's good times.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: August 08, 2022, 07:49:49 PM

Heh, I don't do EX trials or Savage raids for a reason.

I am getting close to my goal of getting every job to max level. Only three jobs left below 80 (MNK/SAM at 78, SGE at 79) and finished off getting Rank 3 on ShB shared fates last night.

I will be just short of 90 on a couple of jobs when I hit my 1 year anniversary playing the game at the end of August.

That's pretty dang good for a year's time!  Early congrats!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I have all jobs at 90 now, everyone is in 590 gear or higher in some cases.  I've gotten all the other EX mounts from previous xpacs, time to work on something at level.  I managed to get the Zodiark EX mount already.  I suspect I'll end up buying the Hydaelyn EX mount, considering the drop rate on that damn thing.  And I've already expressed my feelings about Endsinger EX.  I mean, I'll get it eventually, somehow.  I just don't know how that will be.

My other option is to start messing around with Blue Mage again and seeing if I can get through the Masked Carnivale and learn more spells and... I just don't want to.  Some people seem to really get into that job and it really does nothing for me overall.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1237 on: August 08, 2022, 08:51:15 PM

Every now and again I go back to the first page or two of this thread and have a chuckle. It's good times.

The real fun is going back to the original thread.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1238 on: April 01, 2023, 09:01:03 PM

Came back for the first time since idk less than a month after Endwalker came out? I like a lot of the stuff that feels new to me. Adventure plates, reworked pvp BG w/ giga exp daily roulette, some other stuff.  Also modding has become really smooth via Dalamud which is great.
Easily going to carry me over to June when I need to decide on D4.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: April 09, 2023, 02:09:00 PM

Welcome back! 

I still play regularly but am in a bit of a lull where I'm caught up on everything, now it's just poking around to see what side content I feel like working on now.  Slowly grinding tomes for the EW relics, not in a huge rush on those now that I have my main jobs equipped. Otherwise, I'm just casually doing EW FATEs to finish that achievement and whatever catches my attention.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: April 09, 2023, 02:27:42 PM

The screams of chagrin from the elitists about the second tier of the relics not having a soul numbing eureka/bozja grind is funny to see.

I just finished number 19 yesterday.

I am not sure what I will do between now and when the patch drops for 6.4 next month. Maybe I will finally finish the last couple carnivale stages on the BLU mage in prep for the level cap increase.

That and slowly grind out farming scrips for buying materia to complete the melds on my crafting/gathering gear most likely.

I’m helping a friend who is going thru the game for the first time so I have that to keep me occupied some as well.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: