Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382163 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1190 on: December 02, 2021, 01:48:09 AM

I capped all my tomestones and scrips that are going away, ended up with exactly the number of moogletomes I needed to get the items not farmable still left on the list, and sold a bunch of old crafting items in a fire sale to free up retainer space before logging out early (for me) and watching some TV.

I'll probably end up starting the quest early on Friday and play a lot over the weekend.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1191 on: December 02, 2021, 08:56:54 AM

I'm going to have to spend some time before starting the MSQ just reviewing all my job hotbars and figure out the changes that were made, especially to Summoner.  That one was totally overhauled like mad.  I realized I was capped for poetics and allegory at the end of last night, so that's good.  I can use the poetics to get a set of Scaevan healer gear (somehow I forgot? I got a set for Reaper though) for Sage and then upgrade some unaugmented Cryptlurkers I have before converting the allegory and revelation into poetics.

I posted a few pics from our end of ShB gathering over on my twitter account -> https://twitter.com/RhyssaFireheart/status/1466246663622860802

FC Leader posted a few pics as well -> https://twitter.com/Scar_LiT/status/1466250208308862984

It was pretty nice and relaxing, actually.  Now I'm just reading up on all the different job changes so I'm sort of ready for tomorrow.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: December 02, 2021, 05:50:49 PM

Patch download is available as of 7:45 Central time.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1193 on: December 03, 2021, 03:53:08 AM

Started my download about 10 last night and it was done around 11:20, which isn't too bad for 10GB of data on my crappy connection.

Now it's almost 6 am (yes, I slept!) and the queue is down to 531.

SOON!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1194 on: December 03, 2021, 09:44:15 AM

The lobby server connection has encountered an error. 2002
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1195 on: December 03, 2021, 10:14:43 AM

The lobby server connection has encountered an error. 2002

Lots of FC people were complaining about that, I didn't have it though I had to reload the launcher at 2 minutes after opening because the play button was not turning green and it took 5 minutes for the login page to load and then a 2k queue.

Just now going to take a nap, got to 83.5 by doing all the roulettes before reset and then everything but the Main Scenario one right after and a decent portion of the main questline.

Some of the changes are weird. Like instead of just re-working the gathering skills they removed them and put new ones in their place which means I have to figure out what each skill does. Crafting granting inner quiet automatically is nice tho.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: December 03, 2021, 03:31:26 PM

Got on briefly this morning and decided to start MSQ with SCH (so I can get that twofer healer-magic DPS combo) and made it to the first location in Thavnair before having to log.  Now I'm home again and the queue is down to 2291 (started 3K+) until I can get back online. 

Roulettes were straight tank in need when I looked.

It's going to take me a while to go through and clean up all my hotbars and figure out the job changes and I haven't even looked at starting Sage or Reaper yet, although I do have gear for them both.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1197 on: December 03, 2021, 05:06:28 PM

So I got the lobby error thing.

After being in the queue for 90 minutes (being booted for lobby errors occasionally but it looked like they had changed it to keep your spot in the queue as I was booted at 76 and got back in there) and got booted after 5 minutes at number 1.

When I relaunched and was actually able to get into a queue? I was 2997 in line.

I should just give up and get some sleep and then log in at like 1am, which I might do if I get booted to the back of the line again.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1198 on: December 03, 2021, 07:09:48 PM

Yeah, someone in my FC never did make it in today because of the 2002 errors.

I was ingame and progressing (just made 81 SMN/SCH) and went to get something to eat and they've shortened the time to boot you out.  And now I keep getting lobby errors trying to log back in.

I retooled my SMN toolbar and now it's amazing to play.  I'm sure I'm not doing something right but it's kind of fun only having the one carbuncle pet and then you can summon the others as needed.  They each have single-target and AOE attacks but it feels like SMN now has a ton of AOEs to use.  So many of the spells now upgrade/downgrade on the same button so cleaning up my hotbars resulted in me having one completely empty now.  I use hotbars 1-4 for spells/abilities because I tend to group my stuff and have empty spaces and even with all that I still have a complete bar empty.

I did a leveling roulette and got freaking Ifrit, the level 20 trial, which sucks.  So that still hasn't been fixed. swamp poop

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1199 on: December 03, 2021, 09:39:04 PM

I did a leveling roulette and got freaking Ifrit, the level 20 trial, which sucks.  So that still hasn't been fixed. swamp poop

The roulette gives you XP based on the difference between your level and the level of the dungeon so you shouldn't have seen much difference. There is no mob XP anymore, it is "added to the bosses" at the end but it mostly balances out. And since the original Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan are all dungeons and not trials which are also part of the MSQ they get put in the leveling roulette so new people can actually get parties for them. If you want a relatively quick roulette that gives the most XP just do the daily frontline. That is like 3/4 a level every time regardless of if you win or lose.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1200 on: December 03, 2021, 09:49:59 PM

Yeah, someone said that Frontline was hopping while Zadnor and Bozja Southern Front were both pretty dead.

Finally got back in game!

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1201 on: December 04, 2021, 08:18:14 AM

Tried patching, but apparently something got borked with my client and I ended up dumping everything and reinstalling fresh.

Will maybe try tonight?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1202 on: December 04, 2021, 02:00:08 PM

RDM feels good and is easy to pick up.

I haven't touched my SCH (yet).

SGE hasn't clicked to the point where I let myself get logged off so I had an excuse to stop trying it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: December 04, 2021, 02:01:53 PM

Tried patching, but apparently something got borked with my client and I ended up dumping everything and reinstalling fresh.

Will maybe try tonight?

If you do, plan on waiting until like midnight to even try to queue. Queues right now are 2k+ and people are getting 2002 errors and getting booted back to the back of the line.

A guildy got DC'd over 2 hours ago and is still trying to get back in.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1204 on: December 05, 2021, 01:27:45 PM

It's just been crazy trying to login.  I get into queue, get a 2002 error, logged out, log back in, start queue and I'm usually lower in line, which isn't too bad. It's getting the lobby error trying to connect to the data center that's most annoying, IMO.

I've managed to make it to almost 86 with only a few roulettes in there, no side quests except aether current ones, and I think my MSQ is only at 83?  So I'm outleveling it at a decent speed.

Is it just me or did they go all out with the voice acted cutscenes this time around?

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1205 on: December 05, 2021, 05:19:19 PM

Yeah it is cutscene city.

I am 88 and working on the 85 stuff. I have taken to turning in the AerherCurrent quests on an alternate lvl 80 job and trying to do discovery with said alt job too to slow things down a bit.

Squeenix giving a free week to everyone is cool, but they should not have blamed “your internet connection” when high packet loss causes the lobby errors. That is 100% on them.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1206 on: December 06, 2021, 03:06:36 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking of leveling another job now that my SMN/SCH combo is 86 already.  I'll probably get to 90 and then change over.  There's a TON of side quests that I've been skipping so I'll need to pick all those up to have something to do.  I'll probably pick a tank since I need that for the three 90 jobs you have to have to keep mentor status; I have everything else.

Debating if I even want to try logging in tomorrow while WFH.  Chances are I'll be able to get in but it'll be messy, I'm thinking.

Haven't even gotten the quests for Reaper or Sage yet and probably won't for a long while.

As shitty as it can be (have mods?) the various maps need a world chat enabled.  It gets cumbersome to keep using shout chat.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1207 on: December 06, 2021, 09:20:48 PM

As long as you log in before like 10AM you should be fine. People on the west coast aren't up yet or have already been on for several hours :D

I hit 90 tonight just as I finished the zone with the lvl 87 MSQ.  Did a Trust for the first time ever on the lvl 87 Dungeon on the recommendation of someone in the FC. I definitely recommend it for that dungeon.

I have shout and yell shunted off into a tab I never look at for the expansion until I finish the MSQ. But I agree the chat window functions in this game are really weird. I really hate being limited to 4 tabs and not being able to split things off into separate windows like every other MMO in existence.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1208 on: December 07, 2021, 05:01:06 AM

830am PST or before = automatic online

everything after that just gets more and more unlikely with each minute. Almost for sure by 10-1030 PST its back to the queue won't pop and if it does you'll have gone afk by that time.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1209 on: December 09, 2021, 07:21:48 PM

As long as you log in before like 10AM you should be fine. People on the west coast aren't up yet or have already been on for several hours :D

I hit 90 tonight just as I finished the zone with the lvl 87 MSQ.  Did a Trust for the first time ever on the lvl 87 Dungeon on the recommendation of someone in the FC. I definitely recommend it for that dungeon.

I have shout and yell shunted off into a tab I never look at for the expansion until I finish the MSQ. But I agree the chat window functions in this game are really weird. I really hate being limited to 4 tabs and not being able to split things off into separate windows like every other MMO in existence.

Someone in my FC said doing the 87 dungeon with Trusts is the way to go.  I've never used them so would it level them up to be useful?

You can separate out the chat windows, but you're still limited to 4 max no matter what.  Just grab the window name and drag it, IIRC.

Decided to see if I could get in tonight and queue is currently 3600+

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: December 10, 2021, 05:07:36 AM

For the first run you don’t need to have your trusts leveled. The goofy shields above the NPC heads indicate they can be used and they are max level for the dungeon. I used them on everything I could after the 87 dungeon. It is much easier to figure out the mechs with them rather than a group of real people.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1211 on: December 10, 2021, 02:59:06 PM

Decided to take advantage of the tank drought and level DRK.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1212 on: December 10, 2021, 08:05:46 PM

Yeah, think I'm going to do roulettes as tank (either gunbreaker or paladin) and level that job while working the MSQ with summoner, since I'm in danger of hitting 90 before ending the quests.  I hate "wasting" XP so want another job ready to go.

Got to time travel and hit 88 last night, so that was good.  I'm loving the story playing out so far.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1213 on: December 11, 2021, 06:00:30 PM

Yeah, think I'm going to do roulettes as tank (either gunbreaker or paladin) and level that job while working the MSQ with summoner, since I'm in danger of hitting 90 before ending the quests.  I hate "wasting" XP so want another job ready to go.

Got to time travel and hit 88 last night, so that was good.  I'm loving the story playing out so far.

It is basically impossible to not waste XP on the MSQ unless you level a second job in tandem to keep it close enough to take over when you hit the cap. I was on the last 87 quest when I hit the cap I think?

Crafting XP is super fast as they didn't lower the amount of XP from leves/custom deliveries/grand company turnins as much as they lowered the amount needed for each level. A HQ starred GC turnin is almost guaranteed to be a level up right now.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1214 on: December 12, 2021, 09:07:20 PM

Yeah, friend said he leveled fishing to 90 using the Studium quests and it took no time at all.  You apparently need the level 58 fishing quest done to complete the 90 quest though, which will probably be a problem for me.  I think I gave up around level 50 quests and just using the Ishgard restoration to level up.

Got SMN/SCH to 90 tonight; finished the healer role questline, will finish the caster role quest when I'm online next (this endless queue bullshit is bad); and I got GNB to 83, so it's going well.  I'm using roulettes to level tank as well as doing the side quests in zones.  My MSQ is at 87 so I just put it on pause right now until I get GNB to continue with it.

I actually saw alliance raid roulette with DPS and Healer as adventurer in need tonight.  And then it promptly went back to needing tanks along with all the rest of the DF.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1215 on: December 12, 2021, 09:27:59 PM

Now that they removed the HQ requirement for the gathering quests the fishing quests should be easy (if tedious).

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1216 on: December 18, 2021, 03:28:06 PM

Now that they removed the HQ requirement for the gathering quests the fishing quests should be easy (if tedious).

OHHH!  Good point!  That will make it easier now.

I went through my retainer bags and lowered the quality on all the HQ harvesting items I've been holding on to for ~reasons~ and now I have even more room in my bags.  Still haven't touched any crafters though, which I need to do so that I can keep leveling the gathering retainers.

GNB is 88 and I'm moving on the MSQ again.  Might finish it this weekend, I hope.  I've read some basic things so have a vague idea of what's coming up but nothing too specific.  Right now I'm also trying to get flight in all the zones I'm in (haven't gotten to the last new zone yet).

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1217 on: December 18, 2021, 06:29:45 PM

I just want to play. :( I am pretty busy and spending an hour in queue just doesn't work. Hopefully they sort that out.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1218 on: December 18, 2021, 08:00:53 PM

I just want to play. :( I am pretty busy and spending an hour in queue just doesn't work. Hopefully they sort that out.

Queue times have dropped considerably this week. Partially because they have suspended new free trials and new box sales, partially because people have capped out what they want.

Shit is going to get back to bonkers 3 hour queues on Tuesday but they are supposedly patching the actual bug causing the 2002 login errors so that might keep the queues stable.

If you can log in before 5PM eastern the queue times are minimal.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1219 on: December 19, 2021, 10:31:45 AM

Crystal/Goblin queue report:
pre 10am PST its insta queue, sub 15min

10am - 330pm PST it starts to get bad but not too bad progressively

4pm-8pm PST you get on when you get on, by which point you often have fucked off and then get auto kicked before even knowing you got on

sometime after that it probably calms down, I'm asleep idk

-William Gibson
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1220 on: January 19, 2022, 02:32:30 PM

Jumped into the expansion a couple weeks after it launched. Hadn't played since I finished off the previous expansion which meant I had to go through all the post-Shadowbringers content first, which actually wasn't terrible because it was nice to revisit a bit of Shadowbringers first before getting into the Endwalker stuff. Also had the usual bits of having to relearn how to play after a long absence, which also included fiddling around with other classes a little as well.

Switched back and forth between Dragoon and Bard for most of the Endwalkers MSQ, also doing Frontline and MSQ duty roulettes when one class would fall behind in xp. Been slowly leveling GNB and SMN/SCH a bit also and doing GC turn ins to get crafting levels because I can't get up the energy to actually do any crafting at the moment (all the crafting jobs are in the low to mid-60s and gathering jobs are in the mid-60s to low 70s).

Just finished off Endwalker last night and it was pretty solid for the most part. Still bothers me having a non-voiced protagonist. I didn't mind it so much in Shadowbringers because your character isn't really the focus of the story, but a lot of Endwalker's emotional beats rely on the player character being a part of this close-knit group of characters and I never really quite feel it because rather than ever actually interacting with the other characters it's all done as pantomime. But good stuff overall, and now it will once again remain to be seen how long I actually stick with the game without more story to carry me through.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1221 on: January 19, 2022, 04:54:31 PM

Amazing an MMO is still popular enough to create log in queues. Good on them for making a good game.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1222 on: April 18, 2022, 12:46:09 PM

So for those of us still playing, how's the 6.1 patch going for you?  I mean, besides the housing lottery fiasco.  why so serious?  Makes me extra glad I have a house already (Faerie, Goblet W9, P31 if anyone wants to visit).  I have 4/5 job roles completed so far - tanks, healers, casters, ranged DPS.  Still picking away at melee DPS.  I have NIN done but taking SAM/MNK/DRG/RPR in steps of 5 levels each since they share some gear.  And it makes it less tedious to level overall.  Still working on doing the side quests I ignored in various places while doing MSQ only but those are good for these other jobs. Along with doing FATEs in the new zones to get those knocked out and earn gems.

We're definitely heading to the Thirteenth and Mercyadia or however that's spelled.  The question is whether we do it in the upcoming patches or if it's a huge leadup to the 7.0 expac. 

The new alliance raid is fantastic!  I did it blind on day 1 and just loved it!  The music for the final boss was just so fantastic as well (all the music is A+++).

Spoilers for final raid boss, in case someone hasn't done it yet.  This version includes the opening and ending cutscenes and NPC voices, for added flavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT-Lfnj3lts&t=308s

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1223 on: April 20, 2022, 07:47:00 AM

I had no issues with the housing other than trying to figure out how to find one to bid on as there is no good way to see what plots are restricted to FCs or not. That and figuring out which one I had bid on, heh. But I also won my plot and have an empty house with a teleport crystal outside it in the Ishgard housing area.

New Alliance Raid is cool enough.

The changes to the old dungeons are really frickin weird. It's cool they put in the more "modern" mechs like stack arrows and tank busters, but they still don't have ANY explainer about what these standard markers mean for new players.

MSQ roulette changes are overall decent, but they need to lower the HP on the first phase of the Ultima Weapon fight by 30% or so. It just feels boring/draggy. As one person said in my first run last week "It's like we actually have to play the video game now".

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1224 on: April 20, 2022, 01:47:13 PM

I enjoy decorating houses, just saying, lol!  awesome, for real

The changes to Prae were just flat out weird.  I haven't done Castrum since the patch to know if there were changes there or not.  Prae was just flat out weird to do with so much that was the same but then different at the same time. Not being able to run through everything to teleport past the mobs was kind of nice actually, even if you don't get xp for trash mobs any longer. Overall I liked the new Prae but the Red Ranger still babbles on for faaaar too long.  We get it, Nero.  You're jealous of Cid and have delusions of competence.  I enjoyed the changes to the Ultima fight too.  There are actual mechanics now instead of just stand there and beat the boss down and dodge the annoying laser beams.  An FC mate said there has always been mechanics but everyone manages to skip them and I find that hard to believe because the boss always takes forever to kill it feels like.

I haven't been in any of the oldest dungeons that were changed yet.  Maybe I'll go adventuring unsynced just to check things out.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: