Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382093 times)
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1085 on: August 22, 2019, 07:29:10 AM

Did some alliance raids last night to get my NIN to 60 and my MNK to 51.  At that level it's the Crystal Tower series exclusively and those have been around for so long it's a cake walk, right?

I queue up and got pulled into a WoD that was already in progress and on the last boss.  Oh, wonder what happened to the other DPS, no biggie, this is easy.  Except that someone was explaining the freaking mechanics (like, don't stand in front of her when she's queuing up her big particle blast) so I guess there'd been one wipe already.  Then it was another wipe before we managed to finish the raid.  It was weird.  Then I managed to get into a LotA raid that felt like it was a disaster from the start.  Just everything sloppy and I died a few times, not from lack of mechanics but because apparently my healers didn't think I needed healing.  Just nothing. 

Then I did a trial roulette as AST and at the end, someone reminded me that I should put my sect up.  Doh!  In my defense, I'd just done a lower level dungeon as WHM and totally forgot after I switched.  I really wish the game didn't erase your static buffs when you start a dungeon.  I mean, if I have grit up as a DRK, it shouldn't disappear when I get into a dungeon and make me have to put it back up again (I will forget).  Same for the AST's sects, MNK's winds of X buff, etc.  It's just a tiny annoyance but still...

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1086 on: August 28, 2019, 07:04:25 AM

I have discovered the joys of blowing things up with FIRE!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Still a baby BLM but the push to 60 begins!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1087 on: August 28, 2019, 11:42:31 AM

Watched a couple videos on macros. Not sure I'm on board. I need to be flexible. However it seems that is the way to hack in a targeting fallthough. I miss the process in LotRO where if I cast a offensive spell at my party member, it would simply redirect to their target. FFXIV decided to complicate targeting beyond my weak brain's ability to comprehend it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1088 on: August 28, 2019, 01:43:53 PM

Watched a couple videos on macros. Not sure I'm on board. I need to be flexible. However it seems that is the way to hack in a targeting fallthough. I miss the process in LotRO where if I cast a offensive spell at my party member, it would simply redirect to their target. FFXIV decided to complicate targeting beyond my weak brain's ability to comprehend it.

You could do the same in EQ2 and I still miss that.  I've mostly gotten over it though.  One of the reasons is that you don't always want to be targeting what the tank is hitting but instead picking up adds, so now I just accept it and try to deal.  I just hit tab to target the next/closest mob and hit that.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1089 on: August 30, 2019, 06:35:07 AM

Right, I recently watched a YT that led me to understand I could probably do something better. Usually, though, I'm playing Healer to my wife's DPS and so unless we are in a Dungeon it simply doesn't come up that I have to be more careful about targets. Except when I try to Sleep something. Then she does an AoE.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1090 on: August 30, 2019, 10:33:11 AM

I played this for awhile at launch and then again during a realm reborn and the forced grouping eventually made me quit.  Mostly just from playtime restrictions  but I also I found the combat fairly boring -at low levels at least.

I keep hearing how good the story is in this game and I'm really curious now.  Is it a huge grind to play this if I just kind of want to see the story? Or should I just find a youtube dump of the story bits, and if so anyone have a video recommendation?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1091 on: August 30, 2019, 12:03:29 PM

Don't trust the rumors, the story and the story delivery are garbage by all Finaly Fantasy standards. Any other FF is leagues better than this, ANY.
This is coming from someone who is a Final Fantasy fanboi, I wanted to love this game so much that I stopped and restarted multiple times, purchased it twice, also got the expansions, and soldiered through everything up to level 55, multiple classes, story, and crafting until I had to truly give up.
There are plenty of things that can be loved and could suck you in, sure, but if you play it for the story get ready for anger and disappointment.

EDIT:
Oh and to be more specific about your question, there is not much grind combat wise, the true grind is the story itself! It is unbelievable how much mulling around while treading water this story demands you to do. It often feels like torture, a joke, a mean way to remind you, the player, that you are an idiot.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 12:05:38 PM by Falconeer »

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1092 on: August 31, 2019, 12:45:35 PM

Let me give an alternate opinion. Just an opinion.

Wife and I had some great times duoing in LotRO and FFXIV is giving us a similar experience. I mean, minus The Shire and shit, and with some changed mechanics from Asheron's Call 2, but ultimately it's a MMO and so close enough that my wife thinks they ripped off LotRO.

The main takeaway for that should be: general gameplay is traditional.

As for us duoing, the forced grouping IS NOT like in EQ. We don't have to interact with the rest of the 4-man during any of the story dungeons... as long as we hold to our jobs (mine is healer, wife is DPS) and don't fuck up. It's not like FFXI, IMO, where you can't may any progress at all unless you group up and do the whole South Ro grind thing. Plenty of opportunity to level up or sidequest without entering a Dungeon.

You might have guessed that we are not end-game people. This is true. In LotRO we had sort of reached end game but were just slowly poking at the story side and were not doing raids and shit for whatever the supposed rewards are for that shit. We are below lv 30 in all jobs and so far are having fun. Once the fun stops, we will fuck off.

On the other side of that, oddly we are forced to group less than in LotRO somehow so we are actually doing a lot of things independently. I have class quests (Conjurer mostly) and there are craft-job quests that are definitely solo, and so we don't play together much until it's time to do the main storyline. A lot of quests actually require us to de-party to do them.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1093 on: September 01, 2019, 09:47:10 AM

Or Falconeer just loathes FFXIV for some reason and never made it past the worst part of the game.

Just about everyone I know admits the ARR portion of the MSQ (main story quests) is an absolute grind.  It's horrible if you're just trying to get through it.  It's easy to over-level the content quickly and then you have to go back to pick up quests and dungeons in order to progress.  There is far, far FAR too many fedex type quests and "Pray return to the Waking Sands" is practically a fandom-wide trigger, depending on how far removed you are from that part of the MSQ. HW picks up the story and things start moving from there and goes into SB and right into ShB.  Having reached the end of the MSQ through ShB and looking back over the story as it is, it's been fantastic.  It's not perfect but it's damn coherent and enticing (IMO) for something stretching across the base game and now 3 expacs. 

You get the whole forced grouping when doing dungeons of any sort (unless you go in with a pre-made group) but the game sorts that out for you.  Sure, you get bad people in groups occasionally but overall, the experience has been good.  Typically, regular dungeons don't involve a lot of party chatter in the first place, unless someone is brand new to the zone and you can usually tell that because they watch the cutscene at the start.  Jerks in groups have always existed though, no MMO is going to change that.

Combat at lower levels is boring, especially when you have at most 3-4 buttons to push.  It gets more complicated as you level up but yeah, low levels can suck like that.  If you queue for a daily roulette and end up in a lower level dungeon it can be annoying because it feels like half your repertoire is missing.  Had that lat night when I was helping a guildmate run her nephew through some dungeons.  You can always get jump potions off the Mogstation; those will take you up to 50-60-70 in a chosen job immediately.  You can also get MSQ jump potions to take you through the storyline as well.  You end up with a learning curve through trying to figure out how your job plays though.

Like Yego and his wife, I'm not an end-game person.  I've completed the MSQ, done the recent 8-man Eden raids and beyond that, have no interest in doing the hard/extreme/savage versions of any of those dungeons.  And I don't have to in order to have something to do in game.  I'm not entirely sure what people do if they are capped on all jobs/crafters/gatherers but I don't have that problem yet.  I did ShB and after the first zone, started skipping the side quests because I didn't need them to progress and I still had to switch jobs near the end because I was maxed on one job and didn't want to waste XP.  So I did some side quests on another job, caught up and finished the story that way.  Now I have a bunch of side quests to use to level up other jobs and for ShB, they level sync them so you get XP based on your level at the time.  I don't feel like it's a grind.  I get in game, chat with FC mates, poke around trying to decide what to level next, do some daily roulettes and that's about it.  I don't feel like I'm missing out on progressing if I'm offline for a day or even more. I can go at my own pace.

I don't know of any collection of videos showing the cutscenes for the storyline.  You can rewatch all cutscenes in game already, when in an inn room.  I've been looking because there's one questline I haven't seen the end of yet from ShB and it'll be a while before I do since I need to level a tank to max and that's not something I'm eager to do.  Ultimately, it's up to you if the game's enjoyable.  Right now, it seems several of us are playing an enjoying it so there's that.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1094 on: September 01, 2019, 11:57:05 AM

Or Falconeer just loathes FFXIV for some reason and never made it past the worst part of the game.

The "worst part" being the first 55 levels out of 70, which is actually past the whole base well inside the first expansion? I don't buy it.

But with that said, I don't hate it at all. I am so sore because I wanted to love it and couldn't. And still, my rage is mostly directed at just two aspects, one major and one minor:

Major one: Story. Terribly bad delivery and insanely tedious development. I have never fedexed so hard in any game ever. Can't believe they did such a bad job.
Minor one: dungeons, disappointingly easy.

I liked pretty much everything else about the game and that is why I stuck with it for some time. I absolutely loved the visuals, especially the UI for some reason, the world, and I enjoyed the slow pace of combat which is what I was looking for. And also liked some of the original stuff, like the Palace of the Dead.
Overall a solid old-ish MMORPG which to me failed to deliver on the things _I_ was specifically looking for, which were forced grouping (it's not there) and a decent quest flow/grind (it's not there).

I do not hate FFXIV. I could even go back to it eventually considering how many little things have given me pleasant memories. I do hate the main quest though. It's an embarrassment.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1095 on: September 01, 2019, 07:08:37 PM

The questing gameplay loop is the absolute worst in any MMO. The vast majority of the quests are not challenging or interesting in any way, just fedex or kill 3 monsters then run back. This does not improve at least through SB (I'm in the post-SB, pre-ShB quests now). Every 1 in 20 or so quests you get a little solo duty (instance) that are occasionally interesting, but usually either simple or involve some bullshit oneshot mechanic that you don't realize you NEED to dodge until it kills you.

If you generally play games for the story and find that gameplay gets in the way of the story, this is fine. I am the complete opposite, where I just want to push buttons and watch my numbers get bigger; I get annoyed that I have to spam Esc > Skip Cutscene multiple times sometimes for single quests. I bought the story-skip through HW, not realizing they were going to release another one through SB; if they sold one that would put me at 80 with flying unlocked and ignore all the ShB quests I would buy it in a heartbeat. If I could level up to 80 and unlock flying and all the dungeons without ever doing a MSQ I would happily do so.

Everything else about the game is fantastic. The combat is fun, with a good mix of "dodge the ground effects" but not requiring really fast twitch reflexes. The crafting is awesome, particularly the interconnected nature of the various classes encouraging you to omnicraft. And the whole breadth of content means you can always be doing something new and fun: fates, leves, Gold Saucer, Triple Triad, dungeons, trials, etc.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1096 on: September 01, 2019, 07:26:54 PM

I keep hearing how good the story is in this game and I'm really curious now. 

Just to clarify, this is what I was commenting on.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1097 on: September 03, 2019, 09:19:50 AM

Thanks for all the opinions.  We shall see how much I hate my free time.  I have enough new games lined up that it seems silly to play an MMO, but it also feels like a weird gap in my Final Fantasy experience that I want to fill in a bit.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1098 on: September 23, 2019, 07:00:51 AM

So it's almost criminal how quickly you can level a healer, lol.  I took my WHM from 43 to 50 in about two and a half days of playing very casually.  Queues pop almost instantly even if you aren't the adventurer in need, and doing the leveling queue repeatedly still earns some great XP.  Something happened between Friday and Saturday though because I suddenly went from getting really low level dungeons like Satasha to getting the Stone Vigil, which meant I struggled a bit before realizing I had more than just one healing spell available to me.  It was nice to have a more challenging healing rotation though.

Saturday night several FC-mates and I went to an RP event on Siren and it was really enjoyable.  It was a concert given by an FC that does this kind of thing regularly and the sheer amount of effort put into it by all involved was pretty amazing.  They had a bar with a menu for drinks, a song playlist that you could listen to (outside the game) that was synced with the performers, the FC house setup was fantastic.... I mean, all-in-all it was just a great experience.  The only problem was keeping track of discussions going on since I typically only use one chat window.  Even if you aren't an RPer it was a nice experience.

I'm the white-haired Elezen female in the bikini armor.  Yes, that's actual level 44 magic user "armor" and is another reason why I'm glad I'm level 50 now and can put on my Ironworks gear.  And then promptly glamour over that, lol!  Our host is in yellow and the other 3 are FC-mates.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1099 on: November 06, 2019, 06:51:32 AM

So I finally got a chance to do the new alliance raid last night - the Nier Automata related one.  It was... interesting. I've never played the Nier games so I have no context for most of the references.  It'll be good for getting gear upgrades but those fight mechanics are going to kill me.  Actually, they did kill me... over and over and over and over again.  I went in blind with no idea how the fights worked but there were instances when I was too busy trying to dodge attacks to do any attacks of my own.  Could have been because I was playing SMN, not sure.  Sometimes, I'm better dodging things as a melee than as a caster, for some reason.  I'll try again as SAM and see if that makes a difference.

Oh, finished the 5.1 patch MSQ line, which wasn't too hard.  The new dungeon - Grand Cosmos - was pretty as hell and not that bad overall.  Didn't have too many issues with doing it the first time.  I do find it amusing that the No Mou are based off dogs and they react, sometimes strongly, to words typically used as commands, like heel, sit, come.. stuff like that.  And sad because a few of the NPCs deliberately manipulate them using those trigger words.  Otherwise, it's back to leveling assorted jobs, running the new raid/dungeon to gear up the 80s, and basically just dinking around in game.  Also waiting for the new housing plots to be opened to individual sales to see if I can maybe get a small house.  I likely won't be online when it happens and they'll get snapped up.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1100 on: November 12, 2019, 08:06:09 AM

You know, I'm not a huge fan of crafting in games generally.  It can be made not bad and when I can craft to indulge my house decorating fun, then it's good. 

But whoever came up with fishing in FFXIV should be shot, resurrected, and then shot again.  Rinse repeat.

It's especially painful when trying to level it alongside mining because I basically want to get all three gathering skills (the other being botanist) to the same level so I can go back to leveling them together and minimize having multiple levels of gear out there.  Botanist was fun and I'm level 50+ so I figured going back to get fishing and mining would be easy.  Mining's just like botanist - you use your ability to find the highest level node in the area for your level, got to said node and hit/pound on stones.  It helps that they've added an option to quick gather, meaning you pick the item from your node (most nodes have 3-5 items in them to select from) and you auto gather that item until the node is exhausted. Easy peasy. 

Fishing though... you've got a gazillion types of bait (and fishes to catch) and those can be split between ocean and freshwater (with even more delineations down the line), you find water, cast your line, and.... wait.  Tug on line, reel out your fish/whatever.  I mean, it's actually pretty true to real life fishing from what I can tell, even the animations, but if I wanted that level of realism, I'd actually go fishing.  I don't need that in a game.  Oh, and all fishing holes are undiscovered initially and then you get to run around to find them.  Kind of cool, except that some fishing "holes" can be connected over pretty long distances.  It feels like a total guessing game which is why I'm ever so grateful for guides online because screw wasting my time trying to find this crap on my own.

I just want to get the three gathering classes done before I try picking up any other crafting class besides weaver.

Have I mentioned how sucky inventory management is in this game?  swamp poop

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1101 on: November 12, 2019, 08:20:22 AM

I always liked fishing. It was a nice relaxing rest when I didn't feel like queuing for a stressful new dungeon or monster fight. I leveled it up along side cooking. Fishing and Botany at 50 makes cooking a breeze. I haven't done mining yet though and I really should before I pickup metal crafting skills.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1102 on: November 12, 2019, 08:26:56 AM

I should probably pick up culinarian so I can do something with all these fish. I tend to end up with 1-2 of a fish and no one wants to buy that on the market.  But if I cook it into something, might be a bit more useful.

Fishing just feels much more scattered than mining or botany, I guess.  I did get it to 27 yesterday alongside mining, and that was with no rested bonus because I burnt through that in no time.  Crafting chews up your rested bonus far quicker than simply leveling does and I'm not sure why that is.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1103 on: November 12, 2019, 08:45:28 AM

Grand Company turn-ins will now get you a level or two per item, especially if you hit one of the starred items.

Our problem is entirely around leveling the combat classes.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1104 on: November 12, 2019, 12:05:08 PM

Grand Company turn-ins will now get you a level or two per item, especially if you hit one of the starred items.

Our problem is entirely around leveling the combat classes.

Oh, I complete forgot that was a thing.  I don't use my seals on anything as it is so I tend to not patronize my GC for anything.  Might have to revisit that.

How're you and your wife doing in game, Yegolev?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1105 on: November 13, 2019, 06:09:05 AM

Wife is way ahead of me. Lv 50 fishing and mining. Now she is being asked to gather things in areas neither of us have visited, so we need to get off our combat-asses and figure out how to level Dow/DoM effectively. Still plugging away at the main story, too.

She is actually considering joining a FC if they have all the right checkboxes.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1106 on: November 13, 2019, 06:10:18 AM

As for the company coupons, we find the equipment for sale by the GC outfitter is better than the other stuff we can make or buy.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1107 on: November 14, 2019, 08:17:26 PM

I levelled most of fishing via leves and GC turn-ins.  Otherwise it was just too dull. 

The fish can also be used to level desynth for CUL if you're interested in going down that rabbit hole. 
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1108 on: November 15, 2019, 02:22:00 PM

Yep, already down the CUL rabbit-hole. 

Started the Ishgard Restoration event last night and after mistakenly thinking I needed to have my WVR at 60 before I could take part, it was pretty clear what you need to do.  Various recipes, all using materials specific to the event plus regular mats and you're basically creating collectibles to turn in for scripts.  Those scripts can be used to buy other event related items.  I screwed up the first time I tried though because I didn't pay attention to the collectible level needed for turn in and made a bunch at level 1 instead of level 50+ like I should have.  Oops!  At least I could lower the collectible level and convert the items to regular ones and then sell them to the vendors.  I'm going to get CUL to level 20 and then see what leveling via the event is like, along with continuing to level WVR that way.  Hopefully my gatherers can get all the basic specialty mats I need at the same time.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1109 on: November 18, 2019, 02:22:34 PM

Well, this Ishgard Restoration event is actually kind of crazy for leveling.  My CUL is level 40 but I spent most of my time gathering mats for the WVR over the weekend.  I got that job from level 61ish to level 69 now and after doing some more crafting and turn-ins (tonight probably) will easily make level 70.  Then it'll be break time for a little while.

MIN is now level 35 just from gathering event specific items, some of which I can't even use so I sell them instead.

BTN is the real crazy pants one though - went from level 53 to level 62 (I think? might even be higher) in the course of a play session.  I had several buffs up - two specific to gathering that stack - along with a food buff and it was just insane.  I was lucky that the items at the top of my skill level were the ones I needed to get for my WVR to use, so that was a win/win for me.  The CUL items are lower tier but I'm fine with that for now.

I'm debating about picking up another crafting class for quick leveling, but I want to get CUL higher level before doing that.  The event isn't going to be finished any time soon (Faerie just completed the first step of six?, I believe) so there's some time.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1110 on: November 19, 2019, 04:57:51 PM

Everyone in my FC is power-leveling their crafting classes like mad during the Restoration.  I feel like a bit of a sucker for levelling them before all these positive changes, but oh well. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1111 on: November 20, 2019, 05:28:32 AM

We keep getting random FC invitation but so far they don't have the perks we (my wife) are looking for.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1112 on: November 20, 2019, 10:00:44 AM

What perks are they failing to offer?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1113 on: November 20, 2019, 07:53:32 PM

This event is crazy. I pushed all of the crafting classes from 40ish to 55 by making 25 of each level 40 event item. I also farmed the mats mostly by hand, which got my MIN and BTN to 50ish. Now I've gotta do all the class quests and make some crafting gear, then back to the event grind.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1114 on: November 21, 2019, 09:37:43 AM

This event is crazy. I pushed all of the crafting classes from 40ish to 55 by making 25 of each level 40 event item. I also farmed the mats mostly by hand, which got my MIN and BTN to 50ish. Now I've gotta do all the class quests and make some crafting gear, then back to the event grind.

I spent last night gathering some mats and working on class quests for CUL, since I'm 20 levels behind.  Almost caught up now but my body was in pain (I tripped and feel in the driveway Saturday, pulled my left hamstring and landed on my right hand, bending the fingers back hard, so now I just ache like a mofo) and I wasn't feeling it.  Today should be easier though.  It's crazy how fast you can level through this event, although I think I'm going to give in and just pay for a third retainer to hold crafting crap.  My personal inventory bags are full right now and my two free retainers all have a bunch of stuff I'm holding on to for reasons.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1115 on: November 26, 2019, 07:09:53 AM

What perks are they failing to offer?

My wife has a specific place that she wants them to have a house. Also, they need to be casual. The perk is probably to let us join but don't bother us while we are playing.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1116 on: November 26, 2019, 07:11:00 AM

As for retainers, my wife has already paid for the max bank people. She is a bit of a hoarder.

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1117 on: November 26, 2019, 08:03:00 AM

As for retainers, my wife has already paid for the max bank people. She is a bit of a hoarder.

I can totally see why you'd need max retainers if you are a multi-crafter.  I only have the three gathering jobs and those fill up my bags with supplies.  Add in WVR (which I'm not doing much with atm), CUL leveled like crazy to 52ish and now I added CRP to the mix... new retainer is getting full too.  I might have to break down and get a fourth *gasp* 

All in all though, it's not too bad.  I leveled CRP to the 40s in basically two days.  Just did the initial starter quests at first and then jumped over to the North Shroud to pick up the Ixali quests.  Did like 8 of those plus the one supply quest there and BOOM!  Level 23 in no time.  Hopped on over to Ishgard to see what was required for the CRP turn-ins, used the BTN to gather those mats and then spend a boring hour (maybe?) crafting collectibles for the cause.  I'll probably do another batch over the holiday break here to make sure both CUL and CRP are at 50 minimum, then pick another crafting class to zoom up. 

Pretty much paused any class leveling for a bit because while I know the restoration isn't going away any time soon, I also don't want to miss the opportunity to easy street leveling my crafters, either.  Once I'm at 50 in the various crafting jobs, then I can move to doing Moogle dailies if I want instead.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1118 on: December 23, 2019, 04:55:41 AM

I'm going to give this a spin. What do I need to know coming in completely fresh?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #1119 on: December 23, 2019, 06:52:57 AM

Personally, MSQ. Main Story Quest. Follow it. I'd avoid the side shit as you will outlevel everything really fast even without looking at them. But I haven't played in a bit... so grain of salt and all that.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: