Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 382156 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: September 10, 2013, 11:26:47 AM

I think he meant classes not jobs.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:16 AM

If you meant classes Reg, then yes they all start fresh at level 1. You do get a +50% XP bonus on all lower level adventuring classss though, which is nice.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: September 10, 2013, 11:52:02 AM

Each class starts at level 1. Each *job* starts at level 30, because you have to get the associated *class* up to level 30 first.

Eg if you get archer up to 30 and pugilist up to 15 (<- those are classes) then you can take the bard job, and you'd start as a level 30 bard because your bard level is always the same as your archer level.

But if you then want to be a conjurer you start at level 1 again. Once you reach level 30 conjurer and level 15 arcanist, you can take the white mage job starting at level 30.

Every class has one associated job except for the arcanist class, which seems to have two jobs.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: September 10, 2013, 12:17:27 PM

OK I get it. Sounds like it's not quite as sticky as FFXI was.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #389 on: September 10, 2013, 01:07:21 PM

Nice Signe. Add me to your friend's list in case you need help with something, Egg Shen.

You do not exist.  My game said so.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: September 10, 2013, 01:52:47 PM

You have to both be online in order to add someone as a friend.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #391 on: September 10, 2013, 01:56:39 PM

swamp poop

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Senses
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: September 10, 2013, 02:04:50 PM

Yeah, they send a confirmation to ask if its okay to become your friend, and then of course, you can't even send mail to anyone who isn't your friend.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: September 10, 2013, 02:43:02 PM

The no-mail thing is a good thing, or else your mail would be flooded with RMT spam. I'd like an option to only see tells from friends as well.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: September 10, 2013, 02:53:49 PM

You have to both be online in order to add someone as a friend.

Now there's Squeenix I've come to know! Do you have to buy a special pass to play on the same server as your friends too?
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: September 10, 2013, 03:04:48 PM

Kind of insane that I STILL can't buy this game.   I'd imagine that they have lost some sales from people simply losing interest from having to wait this long to purchase the game.  Especially considering many people like to play MMOs from the ground up, and now when you finally get the chance to buy the game, the servers will be mostly 40+ (alongside a batch of noobs all starting at once).  That will be kind of a weird.  On the other hand, maybe given the positive word of mouth it's really not a big deal.

Hopefully, they will introduce some new servers when digital sales resume.  Anyone know if they've announced anything in that regard?  I'd imagine they will have to, considering they are going to have a huge influx of new players the first few days after they resume sales.  

Also, any oceanic players here?  I'm living in South Korea now so I'm not sure if I am going to play on a JPN or US server.  Really depends on if the ping to NA is reasonable.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:15:18 PM by trias_e »
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: September 10, 2013, 03:18:24 PM

The no-mail thing is a good thing, or else your mail would be flooded with RMT spam. I'd like an option to only see tells from friends as well.

Or you could be playing on a console and so chat is totally useless in cities thanks to gold sellers spamming constantly and it being night on impossible to block them.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #397 on: September 10, 2013, 03:33:12 PM

It's difficult to block on PC too. The entire FF XIV experience is full of these sorts of awkward and clumsy interactions. I think most people are just turning off chat given how bad the spam is and how hard it is to block.

Edit: of
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:50:40 PM by Trippy »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #398 on: September 10, 2013, 04:12:42 PM

I mostly turn it off, too, even though I finally figured out how to find out someone's first name when there's only an initial.  It's nuts.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:51 PM

A tip for the tell gold spammers since they cant seem to add a right click option:   If they send you a tell, just type -

/blist add <r> 

It will blacklist the last person that sent you a tell.   If it's shout spam, right click their name, hit send tell.  It will put /t SpammerName into the chat box, just change the /t to /blist add.  It beats typing out their names at least.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #400 on: September 11, 2013, 08:07:36 PM

Good tip.
zumu
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: September 11, 2013, 10:45:24 PM

Just biked 50 miles round trip to get this stupid game.

Which impossibly full server are people on?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: September 12, 2013, 05:17:07 AM

I'm on Diablos with a handful of RL friends.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #403 on: September 12, 2013, 10:49:19 AM

A tip for the tell gold spammers since they cant seem to add a right click option:   If they send you a tell, just type -

/blist add <r> 

It will blacklist the last person that sent you a tell.   If it's shout spam, right click their name, hit send tell.  It will put /t SpammerName into the chat box, just change the /t to /blist add.  It beats typing out their names at least.

I love you.  No, srsly.  I'm getting /tells and constant /shouts from this criminal who can't be blacklisted the regular way.  He doesn't show up on a name search, either.  I don't know how he did that.  I wonder if there's a way to blist someone who /shouts but did something to their name so it doesn't show up on search?  Well, I turn off /shout when they start up but if this /tell thing you posted works, I'll love you forever or as long as I play this game and/or remember your name.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: September 12, 2013, 10:56:13 AM

/blist add <r> 

I love you.  No, srsly.  I'm getting /tells and constant /shouts from this criminal who can't be blacklisted the regular way.  He doesn't show up on a name search, either.  I don't know how he did that.  I wonder if there's a way to blist someone who /shouts but did something to their name so it doesn't show up on search?  Well, I turn off /shout when they start up but if this /tell thing you posted works, I'll love you forever or as long as I play this game and/or remember your name.

Yeah, blocking people in chat is way harder than it needs to be.  Right click on name in the chat window.  Hit ignore.  Done.  WTF is so hard about doing it that way?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #405 on: September 12, 2013, 11:08:09 AM

HA!  I didn't realise that when you click on the name to send him a tell msg. it gives you the entire name which is what you need to blist him.  I FIGURED THAT OUT BY MISTAKE BY MYSELF!  I still kind of love Druzil, though.  I'm loyal.

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: September 13, 2013, 01:17:10 AM

/blist add <r> 

omg thank you.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: September 13, 2013, 02:11:35 AM

By the way, if everything goes smoothly this weekend, they're going to be re-opening digital sales next week.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #408 on: September 14, 2013, 07:16:54 AM

Despite the ridiculous gold spamming, this game remains fun.  I have to say, I've been very lucky with the main storyline groupings.  They've almost all gone extraordinarily well so far.  I think most people must be playing on PS3, however, because it's very silent.  The only party that went poorly was when I tanked a group and they ran around wildly, only hitting big stuff and ignoring adds... and I died... many times.  Since I'm working towards Dragoon because they jump madly and impale stuff, my tanking days are done.  It's much easier, though not as fun for me, to run around and hit whatever the tank targets and take care of adds.  I would probably have gone gladiator other than the fact that all my grouping is pretty anonymous, I don't want to keep dying like that first time, and I only have one friend who is also dps.  My other friend, Egg Shen, is obviously of the imaginary persuasion.  Or maybe just a mystical creature. 

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: September 14, 2013, 07:41:22 AM

Maybe it's just this server (Faery) but no gold spamming today. Shout and Yell only work with the automatic speech thing.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #410 on: September 14, 2013, 07:59:17 AM

I hope it's like that on Ultros, too.  I'm tired of it all.  I did finally find that event, although it's not much of an event.  I have masses of that ash but the only thing I've found to buy with it is a bikini.  So here's a pic of my giant green orc-y like girl, Gunda Saebo, with her beach hammer, wearing her brand new red bikini, accompanied by her purple thingy named Dave.  I don't exactly know what the thingy is. 

I could buy many bikinis in different colours but I don't see me traipsing around town wearing them.  I wore this one to sleep last night hoping the pressie fairy would leave something nice under my pillow.  No luck.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: September 15, 2013, 04:46:33 AM

Nothing hotter then a green chick in a bikini with a helmet on
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #412 on: September 15, 2013, 11:32:41 AM

Despite the ridiculous gold spamming, this game remains fun.  I have to say, I've been very lucky with the main storyline groupings.  They've almost all gone extraordinarily well so far.  I think most people must be playing on PS3, however, because it's very silent.  The only party that went poorly was when I tanked a group and they ran around wildly, only hitting big stuff and ignoring adds... and I died... many times.  Since I'm working towards Dragoon because they jump madly and impale stuff, my tanking days are done.  It's much easier, though not as fun for me, to run around and hit whatever the tank targets and take care of adds.  I would probably have gone gladiator other than the fact that all my grouping is pretty anonymous, I don't want to keep dying like that first time, and I only have one friend who is also dps.  My other friend, Egg Shen, is obviously of the imaginary persuasion.  Or maybe just a mystical creature. 

Didn't have problems with grouping until the Titan fight. Was in two groups that could just not get through it (he can knock people of the side of this big circle the fight takes place on killing them instantly). Two groups I was with just could not do it and each ran out the 90min timer trying. Third group managed to do it on the second try. If I had to guess what the main problem was, I have a feeling that a few of the people in the first two groups were on the PS3. I was consistently dodging the big line of sight attack Titan does because you can move out of the way really quickly by using the strafe buttons, but I could see a couple of the other people struggling to turn and move in time. Regardless, everyone in each group was polite and patient with the people who weren't playing as well.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: September 15, 2013, 05:33:29 PM

Ive seen a number of guilds recruiting people...PC players only, that always leads to fun time in general
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: September 15, 2013, 07:37:16 PM

I've got a couple RL friends in my guild playing on PS3, but any randoms I recruit are probably going to be PC only. Control and response issues aside, PS3 players can't use Ventrilo.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: September 15, 2013, 11:37:20 PM

That was my fear - I bought it on the console and figured there must be a way of having cross platform voice chat in game because otherwise it would be insanely stupid given console players can't type to communicate.

This is the first time in a long time Ive really regretted buying a game. Got interested because of the hype but its still a dreadfully designed, antiquated pile of garbage. Just has a nice sheen to it and pretty world design.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: September 16, 2013, 09:08:59 AM

I am the .00000001428%
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #417 on: September 16, 2013, 02:05:45 PM

That was my fear - I bought it on the console and figured there must be a way of having cross platform voice chat in game because otherwise it would be insanely stupid given console players can't type to communicate.

This is the first time in a long time Ive really regretted buying a game. Got interested because of the hype but its still a dreadfully designed, antiquated pile of garbage. Just has a nice sheen to it and pretty world design.

You can use a keyboard and mouse with the PS3 version apparently if you want.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: September 16, 2013, 10:17:27 PM

If people are going to do that, then why not just play it on a pc?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #419 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:00 PM

If people are going to do that, then why not just play it on a pc?

Some people, particularly the younger crowd might not have a PC that will run it. Some people prefer to play on the TV and might not be in a situation where they can hook their PC up to their TV. Any number of reasons really. I don't think they made the PS3 version just because some people don't like to use mouse and keyboard.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: FF14: A Realm Reborn  
Jump to: