Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:05:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Veep 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Veep  (Read 1268 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: May 21, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

If you are not watching Veep, you are missing out on some great one-liners, insults and political satire. It does require an HBO subscription, but if you don't already have one for Game of Thrones, what is wrong with you?

Favorite line from this week's episode: "You are like a Frankenstein's monster composed entirely of dicks."  why so serious?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:53:55 AM

I wrote this show off when it was airing its first season as I didn't really get it after its first episode.

Then I watched a few more.  JLD does a fantastic job of blowing up at people while keeping a smile.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 08:08:43 AM

First season was definitely uneven, but I've heard really good things for the second season.  It's definitely on my watch list - especially since it does a fair bit of filming near me.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:27:38 AM

First season made me rewatch The Thick of It rather than get excited about any more Veep.

Was OK, but patchy.

Second season got better?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 09:20:33 AM

I think the second season has been as good as the first at worst, a little better in some spots. If you didn't like first season, you probably won't like second either.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 02:46:58 AM

I'm enjoying the second season more than the first.  Good additions of secondary characters and JLD carries the show easily. Plus, it's a good show to unwind from after the frustrating GoT.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Veep  
Jump to: