Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Risen 2 - Piranha Bytes - PC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Risen 2 - Piranha Bytes - PC  (Read 4638 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

on: May 15, 2013, 08:10:47 AM

Gothic in a pirate setting? Yes, please. While the series is definitely an acquired taste, Piranha Bytes has really been firing on all cylinders after the issues with Gothic 3. Risen was a great return to form and it's nice that they took that into a new setting after more or less re-making the same game four times in a row. I do get a chuckle when I remember someone wondering why I'd play Dark Souls....Piranha Bytes makes some damned punishing gameplay. On the other hand, this is the least brutal game they've put out. I've been bitten a number of times by the difficulty ramp in mobs, but mostly it's been playable without cheating...not sure if that's good or bad.

Voice acting has taken a large step forward, as has the writing. It's no Shakespeare, but there are some good humorous moments. Music is great, graphics are pretty, exploration continues to be rewarding. The addition of a secondary weapon/dirty trick mechanic and muskets is refreshing. The UI/Map/Inventory works well, with only the equip screen being a bit clunky (this is high praise for a PB game). Questing seems tightened up a lot, with people reacting very well to out-of-order completions, again it looks like the dialogue and writing teams were on point here.

Buy it if you like the series or eurorpg and have a tolerance for eurojank (though this is much less so than in previous titles). I'm not far enough in to call it the best in the series, but it's shaping up that way.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36:34 AM

While the series is definitely an acquired taste,

Yep.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 11:34:38 AM

Is was fun but even ahlfway through you could tell it was not gonna pay off.  The lackluster ending almost ruined what fun I had while playing.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:37:41 AM

Part of Humble Bundle right now! https://www.humblebundle.com/
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 03:56:19 PM

Part of Humble Bundle right now! https://www.humblebundle.com/

Risen 1 will also be a bonus game on the 2nd half of the bundle time, according to http://steamdb.info/sub/29407/#section_apps
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Risen 2 - Piranha Bytes - PC  
Jump to: