Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2017, 07:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Useless comics news, discussions, and recommendations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless comics news, discussions, and recommendations  (Read 34596 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: November 03, 2016, 04:22:43 PM

The Original Sin stuff was just bad storytelling on several levels.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: November 03, 2016, 04:58:52 PM

Frankly, the way things are now in the comic-book Marvel U., you'd think people would love mutants compared to Inhumans--the idea of a cloud of mist suddenly flowing through your neighborhood and changing you into a freak who is supposed to respect some monarchy you've never had any relationship to before would be vastly more terrifying and infuriating to most human beings than the idea of mysteriously changing at adolescence, when you change anyway. Terrigen in the current mythos is like toxic waste: the citizens of the world should have long since demanded that the entire hierarchy of Attilan be attacked by a UN military force and detained for crimes against the world. The way the story's being told at the moment, that wouldn't be bigotry, it would be righteous retaliation for a war crime.

The main differences are the terrigen cloud as far as the general population (and like 99% of the inhuman one) was a horrible accident/tragedy due to Thanos' invasion at the time and the Royal family/Inhuman nation is doing it's best to mitigate and work with the affected countries and populations. The Inhuman nation is taking in any willing 'NuHuman' but it's not forcing them to fall in line with their monarchy. Even if/when the truth comes out, it wasn't an action by the Inhuman nation, but rather the individual action of one man who has since been removed from power. Another factor is the terrigen cloud is something you can avoid (or seek out), where mutation just happens. One of the general plots of one of the inhuman books currently is about a official response team that follows the clouds around helping anyone who is changed and working with the local governments and populace to mitigate any fallout.

On the mutant end of the spectrum you either have extreme radicals hell bent on wiping out baseline humanity or on the 'better' end you have child soldiers waging a secret war and using their vast resources to manipulate multiple levels of government and industry to their advantage.  why so serious?

Like sure, the Marvel Worlds in-universe hatred and racism towards mutants is down right comical at times, but it's not that hard to see why the Inhumans might be better received then Mutants would.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #457 on: December 13, 2016, 11:19:55 PM

Member Meltdown? I member!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:47:42 PM by Sky »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: December 15, 2016, 11:47:31 PM

Apparently when I'm lazy I sketch Logan.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: February 14, 2017, 02:40:26 PM

I have a free month code for Unlimited for someone who isn't currently subbed. Also I've done a few more Marvel arts that are much better than those above :)

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: February 16, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

Alex Ross is so good.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Useless comics news, discussions, and recommendations  
Jump to: