Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Useless comics news, discussions, and recommendations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless comics news, discussions, and recommendations  (Read 38896 times)
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: November 03, 2016, 04:22:43 PM

The Original Sin stuff was just bad storytelling on several levels.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: November 03, 2016, 04:58:52 PM

Frankly, the way things are now in the comic-book Marvel U., you'd think people would love mutants compared to Inhumans--the idea of a cloud of mist suddenly flowing through your neighborhood and changing you into a freak who is supposed to respect some monarchy you've never had any relationship to before would be vastly more terrifying and infuriating to most human beings than the idea of mysteriously changing at adolescence, when you change anyway. Terrigen in the current mythos is like toxic waste: the citizens of the world should have long since demanded that the entire hierarchy of Attilan be attacked by a UN military force and detained for crimes against the world. The way the story's being told at the moment, that wouldn't be bigotry, it would be righteous retaliation for a war crime.

The main differences are the terrigen cloud as far as the general population (and like 99% of the inhuman one) was a horrible accident/tragedy due to Thanos' invasion at the time and the Royal family/Inhuman nation is doing it's best to mitigate and work with the affected countries and populations. The Inhuman nation is taking in any willing 'NuHuman' but it's not forcing them to fall in line with their monarchy. Even if/when the truth comes out, it wasn't an action by the Inhuman nation, but rather the individual action of one man who has since been removed from power. Another factor is the terrigen cloud is something you can avoid (or seek out), where mutation just happens. One of the general plots of one of the inhuman books currently is about a official response team that follows the clouds around helping anyone who is changed and working with the local governments and populace to mitigate any fallout.

On the mutant end of the spectrum you either have extreme radicals hell bent on wiping out baseline humanity or on the 'better' end you have child soldiers waging a secret war and using their vast resources to manipulate multiple levels of government and industry to their advantage.  why so serious?

Like sure, the Marvel Worlds in-universe hatred and racism towards mutants is down right comical at times, but it's not that hard to see why the Inhumans might be better received then Mutants would.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #457 on: December 13, 2016, 11:19:55 PM

Member Meltdown? I member!

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:47:42 PM by Sky »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: December 15, 2016, 11:47:31 PM

Apparently when I'm lazy I sketch Logan.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: February 14, 2017, 02:40:26 PM

I have a free month code for Unlimited for someone who isn't currently subbed. Also I've done a few more Marvel arts that are much better than those above :)

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: February 16, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

Alex Ross is so good.

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: July 31, 2017, 01:51:36 PM

I'm reading X-Men vs Inhumans on Marvel Unlimited. I'm three issues in.

Am I missing something or are the Inhumans just totally wrong? You've got this poisonous cloud that's going to kill every mutant but also turns some ordinary people into Inhumans.

So if you destroy the cloud then some humans continue to live normal human lives without superpowers. Or if you don't destroy it, thousands of people die but some other people get superpowers.

The answer seems pretty obvious (the one that doesn't mean thousands of people die (actually I don't know how many mutants are in the world at this point but even if it's just dozens)). I don't care about the Inhumans as a group but the storyline is bugging me because a couple of characters I do care about, Johnny Storm and Ms Marvel, are all in favour of the genocide without any apparent qualms, and they're meant to be good people. And I like Ms Marvel.

Maybe it gets resolved later in some way?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you and other troops you control.

Reply #462 on: July 31, 2017, 02:23:10 PM

Just take as gospel that any big Marvel event in the last 10-15 years is going to be fucking stupid, make no sense and require established characters act completely against type in order to foster conflict with other heroes. If it involves the X-Men, expect that it will be even more dumb than the baseline because that franchise has been almost totally bereft of good ideas since 2008, with very few exceptions. Marvel has been trying to shoehorn the Inhumans into prominence likely because they don't have the X-Men movie license, and though I like some what they've done with the characters, it hasn't worked very well in terms of the larger universe.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: July 31, 2017, 02:37:22 PM

The pushing of the Inhumans for the last five years or so has really been awful. And yes, they're roundly unsympathetic in this case--their only answer still seems to be "But Terrigen is sacred to our people!" Look, the Pope can say that the Sistine Chapel is sacred, but if the Sistine Chapel suddenly got fusion engines and a Murder AI controlling it and it was going around the world killing orphans, I think maybe the Pope would have to modify his views.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: July 31, 2017, 03:06:29 PM

The pushing of the Inhumans for the last five years or so has really been awful. And yes, they're roundly unsympathetic in this case--their only answer still seems to be "But Terrigen is sacred to our people!" Look, the Pope can say that the Sistine Chapel is sacred, but if the Sistine Chapel suddenly got fusion engines and a Murder AI controlling it and it was going around the world killing orphans, I think maybe the Pope would have to modify his views.
Yeah - modify them to explain why the 'sacrifices' are a necessary part of the faith. 

I miss Good Eats.  *Sniff*
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Useless comics news, discussions, and recommendations  
Jump to: