Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Blacklist 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Blacklist  (Read 7716 times)
schild
Administrator

on: May 14, 2013, 10:52:58 AM

Just caught a trailer as an ad on youtube.

James Spader. That's enough for me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:55:36 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:22:59 AM

So a darker version of White Collar with James Spader channeling Hannibal Lector and Kaizer Soze with the fashion sense of Hunter S. Thompson?

Trailer gives away too much but looks good.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:25:32 AM

That trailer was pretty clearly a condensed 2 hour pilot/first two episodes. The blacklist is everyone not shown in that trailer. All things considered, that was a pretty effective pitch for the show.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 11:26:53 AM

Stopped watching the trailer after like 2 mins.

I'm in.

Spader was the best part of Lincoln.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 10:04:27 PM

Turns out this was really bad. The trailer had all the interesting/good parts while the rest of the show was full of stupid.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 10:30:14 PM

Turns out this was really bad. The trailer had all the interesting/good parts while the rest of the show was full of stupid.

Doesn't surprise.  Spader was on Fallon last night and he did not seem very proud of the show at all, really downplayed it.  Could have been for the lulz but he seems the type that takes his shit waaaay too seriously for that.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 07:07:31 AM

I watched it.  Where were all the serial killers?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 10:35:03 AM

I have this on my list of things to go back and watch if it survives to season 2.  Anyone think, based upon the limited amount you've seen, it is going to get there?

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 10:47:57 AM

No.  The premise is nonsensical.  Spader plays that one Spader character he always plays, which if fine if you like Spader I suppose, but he just can't outweigh how monumentally stupid they make the FBI in this show.  Plus the first episode had one of the most annoying, overused tropes: the bomb with the giant digital readout loudly ticking down, complete with the countdown speedup when the wrong wire is cut, so the show deserves to be cancelled on that alone.

So yeah, I think people might tune in early for the Spader but this show does not deserve to make it past season 1.  Then again, neither did Revolution and this is NBC so who knows?

Over and out.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 11:15:38 AM

... this show does not deserve to make it past season 1.  Then again, neither did Revolution and this is NBC so who knows?
NBC makes me sad.  I grew up when NBC was on top.  Now, NBC makes me feel like I ran across the hot girl I dated in high school - that is now 350 lbs, has a dead end job, is married to a jerk, and doesn't really realize how much better her life could have been.  I mean, I'd still enjoy her Parks and Recreation, but most of the rest I'd have to bag up.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 12:29:55 PM

I am loving this show. I would put it up there as one of the best on TV right now, and probably in awhile. Feel free to disagree and nitpick storyline now.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 12:47:36 PM

I'm not quite sure but I believe this one has already been discussed and dismissed as useless by the usual suspects. FWIW, I'm watching and enjoying too.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 01:06:42 PM

That would be here.

Oh good, now it's a circular reference.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:51:39 PM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 01:17:21 PM

I really like it, too.  At first I was sort of confused because it looked as if it was going to be a serial killer thingy.  The strange cage with the chair tricked me.  Since then, I've become fond of James Spader and his sarcastic, gently violent demeanor.  As far-fetched as some of it might be, it's pretty entertaining.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 01:20:12 PM

Blacklist is nothing special but James Spader just makes it so much better (funny how much when you compare it to Kevin Bacon and The Following).  cheesy
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 02:46:22 PM

Blacklist is nothing special but James Spader just makes it so much better (funny how much when you compare it to Kevin Bacon and The Following).  cheesy

James Spader is many times more talented than Kevin Bacon.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 10:00:21 AM

I'm ashamed to say that the female lead's husband did not become sexy until after he started killing people.   ACK!  What's this world coming to?

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 11:56:32 AM

I'm ashamed to say that the female lead's husband did not become sexy until after he started killing people.   ACK!  What's this world coming to?

Blood and terror?
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 12:35:10 PM

Weren't you always kind of twisted anyway?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 02:43:26 PM

NO!  Where did you hear that??  That makes me SO mad!!! If I find out who said that I shall twist their nipples until they scream for mercy. 

I am the most sane person you could ever know.

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 10:10:52 AM

We just tore through all the available episodes of this show. Other than the goofy fucking names, Spader is a great Hannibal Lector.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 12:30:02 PM

So all this shit is because Red pissed off the nihilists.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 07:46:51 PM

The wife and I separately decided to watch the first season on Netflix.  We had no idea the other was watching it until I saw her watching the 19th episode 2 days after I finished the finale.

It strikes me as a weaker version of the first season and a half of Alias - but much better than the rest of Alias (other than Rachel Nichols).  Spader is very good - most of the time, but the female lead is no Jennifer Garner.  The 'Is he or isn't he' drama was a bit hamfisted, too - but I'm curious where they'll go with season 2.  Added to my DVR for season 2.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 10:43:09 AM

I just mostly caught up on this (2 eps left of the first half of season 2) and really like it. The female lead was pretty shit in season one, but has gotten better; the formula is a little repetitive too, but Spader really carries the show.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 12:09:58 PM

Season 2 has disappointed me.  At this point, Spader is carrying the entire show.  I find my attention wandering from the show every time he leaves the screen.  I was on board through Seaosn 1, but I don't know if I'll make it through Season 2...

schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 12:35:35 PM

Spader always carried the show.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #27 on: February 05, 2015, 01:48:54 AM

I spent the last 4 days chugging every episode.  While the non-Spaders are pretty bad (I mean, at some point, after you've gotten your ass kicked by every bad guy so far, you need to stop splitting up and going solo.)  However Spader exists.  Thus awesome show.  The guest actors are pretty damn neat too.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 01:01:44 PM

If he's a dad, he needs parenting classes!  If he's not a dad, well, alright then.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 06, 2015, 01:14:17 PM

I liked the start of the back half of this season far more than I liked anything in the first half of this season - but I'm still at a point where I'd rather they closed shop and gave Spader a new show.  Can you imagine him on a show where something other than him was working right?

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 01:16:20 PM

If he's a dad, he needs parenting classes!  If he's not a dad, well, alright then.

Being her dad was my guess from episode number one of this show.  I'm honestly shocked they are beating around the bush this much to get to it.  Also illuminati is a bit shark jumpy, no?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 01:19:57 PM

Also illuminati is a bit shark jumpy, no?
Given the basis of the show, not really.

I liked the start of the back half of this season far more than I liked anything in the first half of this season - but I'm still at a point where I'd rather they closed shop and gave Spader a new show.  Can you imagine him on a show where something other than him was working right?
Yes, it's called Boston Legal.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 01:21:37 PM

After watching the last episode, I have to agree with you.  

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 06, 2015, 01:30:56 PM

Yes, it's called Boston Legal.
I heard he carried that show by himself, too ... although I never watched it.  Is it really worth going back to watch?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #34 on: February 06, 2015, 01:35:23 PM

No he didn't. The cast overall was pretty strong.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Blacklist  
Jump to: