Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 2.1: Customization 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.1: Customization  (Read 18514 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: April 26, 2013, 02:42:11 PM

Next patch brings Cathar and an Image Designer booth which lets you change your looks and your species. (Video)

Also, armor color customization. About bloody time.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:15:16 PM

Cathar have been priced at 600 cartel coins, by the way. That includes subscribers.

The Image Designer has also been speculated to cost CC per use as well.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:18:45 PM

600 is cheaper than I expected - for a subscriber with an authenticator that's a single month's free coins.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 04:14:36 PM

Trying to decide if I really want Cathar. I was thinking of making a chick trooper ( kittens :3 ) but ... Cathar are just so goddamn ugly.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 05:34:01 PM

Oh you want it, you want it BAD.

Color customizing is going to be rad, I'm going to enjoy that.

I doubt it, but I hope it also includes like a "remove hood" toggle or something. It's clear they have some sort of hood/no hood toggle system, you can see it on Twileks and certain headbands, but we don't get manual access to it for whatever reason.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 06:34:54 PM

They've said in the past it is something they want to give us, so here's hoping.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 06:42:13 PM

Dulfy has a little more info on how much you get to customize.

Cartel coin charge per fucking slider. Oi.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:36:50 AM

Is anyone doing f2p? If so, how much are you spending?  Is it annoying to have to buy everything? 
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 12:54:15 PM

If you're thinking of doing it pure F2P, no Preferred? Don't even try. You have too many restrictions you can't remove without paying at least into Preferred.

There's a person in my guild who is Preferred I believe, at 55. As long as people on the GTN aren't being dicks about pricing, you can actually get nearly all of your unlocks just through that for credits.

On Shadowlands, weekly passes for things like Operations and Flashpoints go for ~150k, and you can usually find account-wide inventory unlockers for about 90-120k per inventory slot. Cargo bays are a bit more. Character slots have been surprisingly cheap at about 100k per, and some of the more bullshit feature unlocks (hide head, unify colors, etc.) tend to go for about 100k per character or 150-300k for account.

The biggest hurdle is unlocking artifact (purple) gear, as the thing is absurdly expensive in coins, and thus tends to go for 500-1000k on the market, well out of reach for even Preferred. So it's possible to go through without spending a single dollar as Preferred, but you absolutely MUST grind dailies and sell crafting mats using your few GTN slots to make money, so it's a giant pain.

Bottom line though: If you are going into it and you plan to spend any  amount of real-world money, just sub. It's not worth paying into the game with real money only to be stuck with the non-negotiable Preferred restrictions.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 01:39:39 PM

Thanks koro, good info.  I'm a subscriber and I've bought extra bank and backpack slots.  If I went f2p, those would remain correct?  As would all other stuff I've bought would I assume?
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 02:19:17 PM

Cargo bay tabs and inventory slots not only remain if you go F2P, but if you bought account-wide ones, they would also be there for any future characters you make. I've bought like 2-3 account cargo bay tabs and all five inventory slots as a subscriber (about 150k for each tab, and 100k for each inventory slot), so I've just saved probably... 6 or 7 million credits in storage costs that way.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 10:53:42 PM

Dulfy's also got more info and clarification on the armor dye system in 2.1.

I am not surprised in the least that the majority of dyes will be Cartel Market only.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 06:21:22 AM

Huh.  They added Bastila's armor and Revan's robes?  What about Satele's?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:49 AM

Nope, not yet. I imagine they will eventually.

Jolee's robes are pretty neat though.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 10:52:42 AM

Bastila's outfit is as ugly as it ever was, too!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 02:26:42 PM

If you remember the Bitch of Empire Taris, they also added her outfit.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 02:29:41 PM

I wanted Thana Vesh's outfit from pretty much the instant I saw it, and you have no idea how pissed I was that you couldn't get it.

Luckily I managed to snag the whole set from the AH for less than 600k credits (and it's since doubled in price), so that makes me happy.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 02:31:23 PM

I've only got the lower armor and auxillary armor bits so far. Been watching for a half-decent price on the last box.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 02:31:42 PM

Yeah, her outfit is pretty sweet, I'm glad they added it.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 03:50:06 PM

The Cathar screenshots they have up *really* make me think of the makeup that people in Cats wear.

http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/customization

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 04:11:23 PM

If you remember the Bitch of Empire Taris, they also added her outfit.
Oh sweet.  I think that's my favorite outfit in the game.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 12:51:55 PM

The Cathar screenshots they have up *really* make me think of the makeup that people in Cats wear.

I've been looking forward to rolling a Cathar Smuggler for a good long time, but that was mostly based on the notion that they would be using the current in-game Cathar as a base to work from and not just face-painting humans like they did for pretty much every other race. I can't say I'm disappointed yet because so far we've only seen a few examples and who knows, I might actually be able to make one that looks like a different species. But I have to say I really (foolishly) expected them to do more than give them slightly pointy ears and a grease-paint makeover. Supposedly they look more like the KoTOR Cathar now, but I liked the feral charm of the SWTOR ones.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:30 PM

2.1 is live now.

Cathar are somewhat underwhelming... I think a lot more work could have been put into them. The best part is that from what i've seen, they have actually remodelled the standard human faces and some of them have some very nice features, flattened noses and very distinct eye shapes, not to mention the pointed ears. The real disappointment comes from the severely lacklustre options when it comes to almost everything else. There could have been a lot more fur and hair colours, a lot more hairstyles (though to be fair I think a lot of the Cathar hairstyles are unique to the race) and the most saddening aspect of all is the markings, which as feared are basically facepaints and very unimaginative ones at that. At least two of them are just cheetah markings and one looks like a comedy children's 'cat face' with whisker dots and all. A missed opportunity. I don't think they're going to have much problem selling the race to pretty much everyone that has an account, I just think more could have been done to make them really stand out.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:29 PM

I know about five or six people who absolutely loathe the idea of playing Cathar but are buying the species anyway, solely because Bioware has said any future species will hinge on how well Cathar do.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 08:20:07 AM

Wow the dye packs suck balls.  CE got screwed again, 2 color dye choices you get are like yellow/green and ass/ass.  Is there any point in adding dye to anything other then chest piece and hitting the unify color button?  I guess maybe if you want a specific piece of gear a different dye color then the rest would be the only reason?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 08:22:41 AM

Some pieces of armor colormatch funny, so you could dye those pieces individually to make a better fit.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 11:05:09 AM

Black/black can come out of the random packs, you should start to see those pop up on the AH tonight-ish as they become unbound for people.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 2.1: Customization  
Jump to: