Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:02:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 375950 times)
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #945 on: December 09, 2018, 10:54:23 AM

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #946 on: December 09, 2018, 07:09:04 PM

Mesa Prime looks awesome although I prefer the Tennogen look. It will still be on my list to get, I might even go full access on it.

Meanwhile, I'm still dumping forma into Garuda - it doesn't seem to be a good frame. It can do damage, but a gun can do more damage faster. Then again, my go-to weapon is Lenz with Carrier Prime which can out damage most frames.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to pass the MR25 test... fuck I hate archwings!!!!

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #947 on: December 10, 2018, 01:31:02 PM

Also, I just started playing. Holy shit it's a lot to take in. But fun so far in the first 3 hours.

You only have 3 hours total in Warframe ever? Buckle up, it's like an iceberg. A grindy iceberg.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #948 on: December 11, 2018, 12:52:42 AM

Also, I just started playing. Holy shit it's a lot to take in. But fun so far in the first 3 hours.

You only have 3 hours total in Warframe ever? Buckle up, it's like an iceberg. A grindy iceberg.

Up to 5 now! I'm just thankful there's that "AutoMod" feature. I really have no idea what I'm doing or am supposed to be doing but the shooty-slashy-jumpy is fun. Does one "have" to join a Clan this early or is it only necessary to have non-shit pubs pop in at "later" stages? Had to do a Spy mission with an afker already. Not fun.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #949 on: December 11, 2018, 08:25:30 AM

I'm of the opinion that spy missions are just better off done solo, unless it's with people that you know and/or /know what the hell they're doing.  Any of the other missions can be done with any ol' warm body, though I still prefer to just go solo 95% of the time. 

A clan isn't a must-have early on, since the only thing you're really  missing out on is researched frames & weapons, and if you're only 5 hours in, it's unlikely you'd have the materials or cash to build them, anyway. 

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:42 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #951 on: December 26, 2018, 02:49:12 PM

I have a 2-person clan and have actually researched and created some things. Such as the Amprex (Corpus), which is one of those gateway weapons, IMO.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #952 on: December 31, 2018, 05:13:03 PM

I have invite powers to a 3 person clan that has literally every single thing ready to make that a clan can make. Or at least that's usually true. If anyone needs an invite even to just drop in and drop out lmk

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #953 on: January 25, 2019, 06:29:10 AM

Limbo has renewed my interest in this game. Meaning, I don't feel queasy when I look at the huge list of potential activities due to worrying about how to get it done.

Switched from Amprex to ArcaPlasmor as well. Now I need to hunt those missing mods.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #954 on: January 26, 2019, 03:34:57 AM

I was having similar crises with the open world stuff but once you get AW launcher and level up Itzal bounties are a lot of fun. Going really fast from objective to objective and chaos and death is what Warframe does well.

Acolytes are spawning and are really easy on low level missions so you should farm them if you haven't because they drop some nutty mods that will be unavail for a long time once they are gone.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #955 on: February 09, 2019, 04:14:58 PM

Bump to remind people that if you are sitting on a bunch of syndicate standing you can cash that in for relic packs with a chance to get the currently unvaulted Ember, Frost and some other jazz in them. Limited time only.

-William Gibson
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:16 AM

I have invite powers to a 3 person clan that has literally every single thing ready to make that a clan can make. Or at least that's usually true. If anyone needs an invite even to just drop in and drop out lmk

I'll take a Guild invite:  Drevik.

I'd forgotten what a pain in the ass it is to get specific parts from relics.  Trying to get Mesa Prime.  Wouldn't be as tedious if you didn't have to farm low level zones.  I really wish they'd change the whole system so I could at least be farming challenging content.

most often known as Drevik
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #957 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:06 AM

sent.

i think you want to farm elite onslaught for those, that way you are doing max efficiency affinity grind and strong focus/endo grind as well.

-William Gibson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #958 on: February 27, 2019, 03:51:33 PM

PSA:
There's a new grind/event out starting today, it involves the black nu-lotus dj lady whose VA I appreciate so not too bad as far as achievement grinds go. Also looks like a chance for newer players to catch up on Nitain and Gold/Blue potatoes.

I've also got access to super easy Solaris United rep gain via the animal capturing thing. Its pretty painless, should be ~10-15min even if fucking up left and right to max whatever your daily rep is. so hit me up for that if you need it (hoax415 on steam/warframe). I've yet to do Heists though I hear they are terrible atm. I'm trying to slog through the last of the star chart for arbitration access.

I tried the newest female frames this week after finally baking them up.
Gara = probably powerful but reminds me so very much of that generation of LoL heroes where they decided that making each ability interact with the other abilities was innovative and interesting design. The frame itself is another Mag in the visuals department and the ability visuals are really ugly. Gonna pass.

Garuda = a less cool and less powerful on paper ability set but the frame looks way better and the abilities are less annoying so I'm trying to talk myself into playing with her which would be my first new frame since Valk.

I'm almost playing Warframe like its a mmo for adults since I don't have the time for 4-8 hr a night play sessions anymore so sorties + a few kuva floods is pretty much all I have time for most nights as is, plus a little grinding depending on if i pull a booster from dailies. The one major headache right now is our play group is 5 people, which is awkward as fuck.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:54:09 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #959 on: February 27, 2019, 04:23:20 PM

You left out Khora from your list of the most recent brand-new female frames (i.e. not counting Primes). I haven't been impressed with any of the new frames they've released in the last couple years -- they basically peaked with Nidus and Octavia.

Gara was kind of fun when her barrier was invincible. I haven't tried her since they nerfed that though they keep reworking that ability (now scales with the number of enemies struck by it) so maybe it's okay now?. She is still super tanky, though, if you want a frame for that kind of thing.

If you want a general purpose female frame to play Octavia or Nova Prime would be my suggestions.

Edit: reworded Gara's stuff
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:25:48 PM by Trippy »
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #960 on: February 27, 2019, 05:27:02 PM

Gara is crazy strong as a nuker on Mobile/Defense missions.  She can clear all of Hydron with a single Shattered Lash.  I was considering dumping some Forma into her to mess around with it.  Definitely seems like a situational frame and I'm only considering messing with her because I already have so many other frames at max power.

I'm actually working on Garuda right now.  She's crazy good just overshadowed by some other OP frames like Saryn/Mesa/Octavia.  I'm finding she's a hell of a lot of fun to play though and will only get better with the upcoming melee changes.  If you enjoy focusing on melee there aren't many frames better.  I recommend using a Zaw or some other powerful melee weapon however.  Her claws are cool and fun and if you really want to use them they're adequate, but definitely better options.  I love her self sustain and without needing to rely on Zenurik for energy you can use Naramon for even more melee goodness.  Once you have Dread Mirror up you can close any gaps without taking damage not to mention using it and Blood Altar to teleport to enemies.  It can also insta-kill tougher enemies like a Nox as soon as you get them below 40% health.  Once you have a good amount of life force built up in Dread Heart you can nuke and obliterate large packs of enemies.  Anyways, currently lvling her up after Forma #3; I'll update when I have her at max power if anyone is interested.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #961 on: February 27, 2019, 05:41:13 PM

Gara is crazy strong as a nuker on Mobile/Defense missions.  She can clear all of Hydron with a single Shattered Lash.  I was considering dumping some Forma into her to mess around with it.  Definitely seems like a situational frame and I'm only considering messing with her because I already have so many other frames at max power.
Huh that sounds interesting. Would be a good chance of pace from destroying everything with Octavia's Mallet.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #962 on: March 03, 2019, 09:39:08 AM

If anyone needs help capturing a Hydro or the Sortie for Nightwave before the reset this evening just let me know.

Finished Garuda (until I get an Umbral Forma) and she's an absolute monster.  Capable of soloing all content and doing endurance runs for as long as you can handle.  If you die with her it's because you made a mistake.  She's one of my main frames now, just so much fun to play.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: March 03, 2019, 10:07:09 AM

When I played my frame of choice for high level raids was Trinity, but not set up as an energy giver, but set up for lenght of power use and toughness. Set up like that she rivalled Rhino for toughness, and if I killed the mod I had the energy power on it stiill gave energy AND I had the card for giving extra shields when your energy is full so that gave extra shields as well. Survivability out the ass.

Hic sunt dracones.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #964 on: March 03, 2019, 03:38:26 PM

My fav frame bar none is Trin Prime.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #965 on: March 03, 2019, 04:32:25 PM

Does her self-damage nuke build still work or did it get nerfed?

Terracotta Army

Reply #966 on: March 03, 2019, 04:42:54 PM

No idea... haven't played since PoE was the newness.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #967 on: March 03, 2019, 05:15:25 PM

It got nerfed.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #968 on: March 03, 2019, 05:43:31 PM

Trinity/Prime equipped with a Soma Prime and Vaykor Marelok was my default Warframe setup for a long time. Then they nerfed her healing range and the meta somehow changed while I was taking a break to everybody spreading out as much as possible to avoid sharing any XP that I stopped defaulting to her.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #969 on: March 04, 2019, 07:49:07 AM

Dusted off Rhino and did the Octavia jumpy thing on the first try.

Soloing the derelict survival every now and then, waiting for the neuroptics drop. I'd play in a group if there were any.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #970 on: March 04, 2019, 11:19:09 AM

and the meta somehow changed while I was taking a break to everybody spreading out as much as possible to avoid sharing any XP

That sounds really dumb.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #971 on: March 04, 2019, 11:25:24 AM

Yeah I don't know what happened during one of my breaks from Waframe but that's just the norm now. I first noticed it on that Void Defense mission, which used to be very popular, where there will now always be at least one hallway hero asshole way at the far end so none of us in the middle, you know, guarding the objective, will get any XP from that side of the map. Then on Survival missions the meta somehow changed from camping in one spot (which admittedly is kind of boring) to scattering to farthest corners of the maps which not only means nobody shares XP (and drops) but the spawns get all fucked up.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #972 on: March 04, 2019, 03:38:38 PM

Dusted off Rhino and did the Octavia jumpy thing on the first try.

Soloing the derelict survival every now and then, waiting for the neuroptics drop. I'd play in a group if there were any.

IGN? Hell anyone who is playing besides EWS who I have what are your in-game names? Mine = Hoax415 add me etc.

Yeah I don't know what happened during one of my breaks from Waframe but that's just the norm now. I first noticed it on that Void Defense mission, which used to be very popular, where there will now always be at least one hallway hero asshole way at the far end so none of us in the middle, you know, guarding the objective, will get any XP from that side of the map. Then on Survival missions the meta somehow changed from camping in one spot (which admittedly is kind of boring) to scattering to farthest corners of the maps which not only means nobody shares XP (and drops) but the spawns get all fucked up.

I'm not sure there's been some huge pub meta shift so much as there aren't so many starchart "everyone has done this mission 10,000 times" anymore. Now its sanctuary onslaught for affinity, index for credits, sorties for rivens, arbitration for everything righteous esp endo, kuva flood for kuva, relic missions should be pure speed captures or 4/8 wave excavations etc. So if you run any of the old stuff except maybe Hydron(?) you are probably playing mostly with new/returning/lost players.

I think Trin has a nuke build now, but yeah the unkillable scaling damage paladin build is no more, been gone a long time.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:42:28 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #973 on: March 04, 2019, 04:10:31 PM

Trinity used to be able to transfer self-damage through her link to enemies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ABGOyzRdA

which they nerfed.

There is another way to do this now (which is potentially much more powerful) involving link but it requires a special team setup -- i.e. you can't do it solo anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tojwLC4M1Rk
Terracotta Army

Reply #974 on: March 04, 2019, 05:27:19 PM

Well fuck... Link and EV were my go to abilities.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #975 on: March 05, 2019, 12:39:06 AM

Well fuck... Link and EV were my go to abilities.

What he said. Biuggery.  ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #976 on: March 05, 2019, 06:05:27 AM

I looked up Limbo in the Wiki as one thing I used to do was "target poor bastard while in rift space, banish into rift space, shove shotgun into mouth of bad guy and blow his head off with damage bonus." Which was a good laugh.

Of course its been buggered since I played. ACK!

I think I'll play a bit with Rhino, maybe...  headache

Hic sunt dracones.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #977 on: March 05, 2019, 04:17:43 PM

Limbo can be very strong but isn't well suited to most pubs and is less simplistically strong than things like Chroma/Mesa/Nidus/etc. Trin is still strong and fills a niche. The Trin build you are worrying about is probably one of the top10 most broken warframe things of all time still. It had to be changed.

Rhino + Arca Plasmor is the current: get this and you can clear any starchart and basically all normal content. If you are too lost always start with that and then take note of other builds people run that seem effective/fun/cool.

-William Gibson
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #978 on: March 05, 2019, 11:09:42 PM

PSA:
There's a new grind/event out starting today, it involves the black nu-lotus dj lady whose VA I appreciate so not too bad as far as achievement grinds go. Also looks like a chance for newer players to catch up on Nitain and Gold/Blue potatoes.
Not sure I like this Nightwave stuff. There's too much specific stuff you need to do to get standing rather than just being able to play the game how you want. It already feels very grindy and I only really started doing it this week.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #979 on: March 06, 2019, 05:45:56 AM

IGN? Hell anyone who is playing besides EWS who I have what are your in-game names? Mine = Hoax415 add me etc.

Thanks for the offer but I'm on PS4, and I think you're on PC.

I agree that finding seasoned players is tough. Tougher on PS4, I think.  Not a big deal, I've almost always had to deal with hallway heroes. The affinity is one thing but having to run around to pick up loot during defense missions is stupid.

The reason I dusted off Rhino to do the Octavia mission is that Limbo is only undefeatable if I can dash, and I couldn't do that without falling a lot. Otherwise I use Limbo as the swiss-army-knife of Warframe, being mostly unkillable. Also ignoring lasers is great for many spy missions (I don't have Ivara). I only ever use Stasis and Cataclysm. Cataclysm itself is enough to kill off trash enemies, and with Stasis active you get a sort of DoT effect for enemies running toward you as the Rift bubble shrinks.  If I try, I can sometimes end up the lead damage-dealer and not even specced for ability strength.  Maybe there are other tactics, but this one works in most cases.  For all others, there's Arca Plasmor and regular Rift-shift.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: