Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 375834 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #840 on: October 22, 2017, 12:56:04 PM

BTW for the newcomers or those that need some extra credits you should link your account to your Twitch account and then keep open as many Warframe streams as your bandwidth and system can handle (tip: view them at 160 res). The Latron blueprint is the 2nd most common drop after the Starburst (drops about half as often as the Starburst) and you can sell your extra copies for some credits:
Apparently it might only track the last Warframe stream you loaded/refreshed, so opening multiple streams might not give you more gifts.
Watching multiple streams at once does seem to give you gifts faster (depending on the streamers' achievement completion rate) so I would still recommend you try that.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: October 22, 2017, 05:25:19 PM

BTW for the newcomers or those that need some extra credits you should link your account to your Twitch account and then keep open as many Warframe streams as your bandwidth and system can handle (tip: view them at 160 res). The Latron blueprint is the 2nd most common drop after the Starburst (drops about half as often as the Starburst) and you can sell your extra copies for some credits:
Apparently it might only track the last Warframe stream you loaded/refreshed, so opening multiple streams might not give you more gifts.
Watching multiple streams at once does seem to give you gifts faster (depending on the streamers' achievement completion rate) so I would still recommend you try that.

I left 5 or 6 Twitch streams open for a few hours today while I was out and logged in to almost 100 emails with stuff from "watching" the streams.  I choose the ones that has something like "Warframe partner" in the title but I don't know if that matters or not.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #842 on: October 22, 2017, 05:27:34 PM

This blog post implies any Warframe steam can give you drops.

https://blog.twitch.tv/watch-warframe-on-twitch-and-get-free-drops-df773d0c52e8
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: October 22, 2017, 05:44:49 PM

This blog post implies any Warframe steam can give you drops.

https://blog.twitch.tv/watch-warframe-on-twitch-and-get-free-drops-df773d0c52e8

I heard a streamer say the partner only matters for the glyph for the Eidolon achievement for surviving a night cycle or some such.

most often known as Drevik
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: October 23, 2017, 12:49:51 PM

I have to say the main cinematic quests in this game are quite good.  The Second Dream was awesome (didn't really know what was coming either, made it that much better) and I just finished The War Within which was amazing as well.  Good stuff!

On another note, I need to kill Lephantis and have a couple of keys for it.  Is there Public Matchmaking for the mission?  If you fail do you lose the key?  If I invite someone to a group and start the mission do they also need a key?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #845 on: October 23, 2017, 01:00:53 PM

On another note, I need to kill Lephantis and have a couple of keys for it.  Is there Public Matchmaking for the mission?  If you fail do you lose the key?  If I invite someone to a group and start the mission do they also need a key?
You can PUG Lephantis. If you fail before killing Lephantis you do not use up the key. Apparently there are some ways to lose the key if you do kill Lephantis but fail to extract (like host disappears). Only the person selecting the mission needs the key.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: October 23, 2017, 07:31:57 PM

I'm getting the hang of the gameplay and having a blast, but there's so much going on that I don't understand.

What's the deal with all the Alerts/Invasions/Void Fissures? Should I be bothering with them at low levels, or just steadily unlocking planets?

How do I get the Pillars of Eidolon (and more importantly, the zones behind it) to actually unlock on my map? I walked there from Cetus and killed a few dudes, but didn't have any apparent quest so I just Aborted and it remains locked on the map.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: October 23, 2017, 08:12:42 PM

I'm getting the hang of the gameplay and having a blast, but there's so much going on that I don't understand.

What's the deal with all the Alerts/Invasions/Void Fissures? Should I be bothering with them at low levels, or just steadily unlocking planets?

How do I get the Pillars of Eidolon (and more importantly, the zones behind it) to actually unlock on my map? I walked there from Cetus and killed a few dudes, but didn't have any apparent quest so I just Aborted and it remains locked on the map.

The problem was you aborted the "Mission".  Go back out wander around for a bit, kill some things, collect some resources, and then go back through the gates into Cetus.  This will result in a "Mission" success and unlock the nodes behind the plains.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #848 on: October 23, 2017, 09:22:54 PM

Alerts that are level appropriate yes (may need taxi), Invasions maybe if they reward a resource you need and are level appropriate, Void Fissures ignore for now.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #849 on: October 25, 2017, 03:00:41 PM

Well PoE matchmaking seems to be working now. However apparently you need everybody in your party to go back home to leave which is sad.
This is fixed now in 22.1.0:
There is now a 'Leave Squad' option in the Plains of Eidolon. This will allow you to depart from a squad to your own session, which will allow you to extract independently.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/867056-plains-of-eidolon-hotfix-2210/
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #850 on: October 26, 2017, 09:47:33 PM

And...they nerfed the Twitch stream drops. It was nice while it lasted...

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/867806-psa-twitch-drops-system-change/?tab=comments#comment-9125917
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: October 27, 2017, 05:55:26 AM

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/867806-psa-twitch-drops-system-change/?tab=comments#comment-9125917

I'm still holding out hope that I get a Vectis, I've gotten everything else.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: October 28, 2017, 09:45:12 AM

I'm still holding out hope that I get a Vectis, I've gotten everything else.

Woke up this morning to @220 drops in my Inbox and finally got the Vectis.  Happy days!  Completing missions with a suppressed sniper rifle is one of my favorite things in this game. 

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #853 on: October 31, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #854 on: October 31, 2017, 05:45:50 PM

Too bad I was really enjoying picking up 3-4 forma a day for no effort.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: November 01, 2017, 04:19:21 AM

Too bad I was really enjoying picking up 3-4 forma a day for no effort.

I have 40+ Forma BPs saved up.  I always have one building.  I'm guessing that's not normal for a new player, but it's nice being able to upgrade my equipment whenever I want!

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: November 02, 2017, 05:53:22 PM

Where do you go to apply mods to your Archwing? I don't see an option for it anywhere in the Arsenal.

Also, do we have an f13 clan?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:55:26 PM by Rendakor »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #857 on: November 02, 2017, 09:54:02 PM

Where do you go to apply mods to your Archwing? I don't see an option for it anywhere in the Arsenal.
In the Arsenal screen go to "Select Mode" in the bottom right.

The unofficial f13 clan is "The Evil Chickens" but there aren't that many of us active right now. I sent you an invite, though, as we do have most of the clan research stuff finished so you can at least get some of those blueprints.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: November 03, 2017, 12:54:14 PM

Awesome, thanks.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #859 on: November 03, 2017, 12:57:29 PM

In the Arsenal screen go to "Select Mode" in the bottom right.

The unofficial f13 clan is "The Evil Chickens" but there aren't that many of us active right now. I sent you an invite, though, as we do have most of the clan research stuff finished so you can at least get some of those blueprints.

Just avoid the basement in the dojo. I stopped playing after I saw what the clan was doing down there.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #860 on: November 04, 2017, 09:28:40 AM

If anyone ever needs temp access to every clan research thingy, lmk.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: November 04, 2017, 11:00:27 AM

Is anyone chill with the Cephalon Suda faction?  I need a Fluctus Barrel.  I can trade you the Red Veil and/or Steel Meridian part for it or a Prime piece if you prefer.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #862 on: November 04, 2017, 01:35:08 PM

I can trade you.

Also if you didn't know this already, if Steel Meridian is your "main" syndicate, you can actually be allies with Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis as well (and Red Veil, or course). Getting points with Cephalon Suda will lower your Red Veil points but you can bring that back up with Steel Meridian without affecting Cephalon Suda or Arbiters of Hexis. So you can get stuff from 4 of the 6 syndicates if you are willing to work at it.

E.g. here are my Syndicate standings right now:

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: November 04, 2017, 02:18:00 PM

I can trade you.

Also if you didn't know this already, if Steel Meridian is your "main" syndicate, you can actually be allies with Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis as well (and Red Veil, or course). Getting points with Cephalon Suda will lower your Red Veil points but you can bring that back up with Steel Meridian without affecting Cephalon Suda or Arbiters of Hexis. So you can get stuff from 4 of the 6 syndicates if you are willing to work at it.

Red Veil is my main, but I assume it would still work?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #864 on: November 04, 2017, 02:36:00 PM

I can trade you.

Red Veil is my main, but I assume it would still work?
No you would have to switch to Steel Meridian as the sigil you wear to get points for Red Veil, which means RV will get points at half the rate as SM. SM sigil won't affect AoH or CS points. CS sigil will lower RV points at half rate. RV sigil (or syndicate missions) will lower points for CS at half rate but AoH at full rate. So you won't be able to get AoH standing up if you are wearing RV sigil all the time.

I.e. SM and CS will be the only two (sets of) sigils you will wear. When you are wearing the CS sigil RV points will drop at half rate but you can bring that back up with the SM sigil without affecting CS or AoH.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: November 04, 2017, 02:45:19 PM

Jeebus, now I have a headache. lol

I'll give it a whirl.  I have the prime piece building to get to Exalted Red Veil.  Once I promote I'll switch to SM to get a buffer with RV so I don't demote and then I can switch to CS.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: November 09, 2017, 09:16:51 PM

I was finally able to kill the Stalker yesterday.  Suck it, bitch!

I'm making more progress now that I have a better idea what to do with the unlocking of the various junctions, though there's still a lot of it that I have idea how it works (what is focus?, haven't done any faction stuff yet).  Mirage should be ready for to use in about 2 days once she's finished being put together and I'm close to getting the parts I need to make a few more.  I seem to be stuck on the test for mastery 8 because I suck at jumping but it's not a huge deal so far.   
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: November 10, 2017, 06:56:02 AM

Are weapons and/or warframes bound in anyway, or am I free to mail them to my kid after I hit rank 30 on them? If he sends them back later, will I still be rank 30 or do I have to re-level them (and if I have to re-level them, does it give me mastery XP again?)?

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: November 10, 2017, 08:38:58 AM

Are weapons and/or warframes bound in anyway, or am I free to mail them to my kid after I hit rank 30 on them? If he sends them back later, will I still be rank 30 or do I have to re-level them (and if I have to re-level them, does it give me mastery XP again?)?

In the case of warframes and weapons you can only trade Prime Blueprints and Prime Parts.  So basically yes, they're bound to you.  You only get mastery XP the first time you level something.  If you wanted to send your kid a weapon/warframe you'd have to gift it to him through the market.  The only weapons that can be traded are the Syndicate weapons and weapons from the Void Trader.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:41:10 AM by EWSpider »

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: November 18, 2017, 01:32:16 PM

This is a long shot, but do any of you old timers have any of these old vaulted relics and would be willing to run them?

Axi E1 Rare (V)
Neo S5 Common (V)
Meso F2 Common (V)
Lith G1 Uncommon (V)

They contain Ember Prime parts.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: November 18, 2017, 02:56:27 PM

This is a long shot, but do any of you old timers have any of these old vaulted relics and would be willing to run them?

Axi E1 Rare (V)
Neo S5 Common (V)
Meso F2 Common (V)
Lith G1 Uncommon (V)

They contain Ember Prime parts.

I'll check and see what I have as I've been playing off and on for years now.  I have Ember Prime and she's fun on exterminate missions.  Put in some speed mods, press 4, watch everything die as you run somewhat remotely close to them, profit.

Edit: I have none, sorry.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:41:25 PM by Ginaz »
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: November 20, 2017, 04:16:32 AM

Thanks for checking!  I enjoyed leveling Ember to 30, but my OCD was preventing me from investing the Reactor/Adapter/Forma to take her to the next level knowing there was a Prime version out there.  I finally said fuck it and did it anyways and she is definitely a blast.  I'll probably trade for the Prime parts at some point.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: November 25, 2017, 04:57:06 AM

Is there an F13 clan?  If so could I get an invite.  I do play quite a bit now and would like to try some group missions that don't involve randoms.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: November 25, 2017, 05:24:09 AM

Is there an F13 clan?  If so could I get an invite.  I do play quite a bit now and would like to try some group missions that don't involve randoms.

I joined a random clan for the BPs, but I'm always down to do stuff.  Add Drevik.

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #874 on: December 05, 2017, 01:11:44 PM

Mirage Prime, not a surprise because of the leak but Akbolto Prime and Kogake Prime are.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: