Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 379007 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: March 17, 2015, 03:18:57 PM

Probably.  He liked collecting them to give out to new members.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #456 on: March 17, 2015, 04:34:47 PM

I'm not dead yet! But ya, I may have vendored latron parts for ducats.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #457 on: March 18, 2015, 05:26:55 AM

Luck of the Irish or some shit last night... Jumped into a PuG for Vay Hek - first run, no one knew wtf we were doing, didn't know any of the mechanics... got stomped. Fought him for about 10 minutes, noticed he kept regenning his health. Gave up.

Went back after a little research and destroyed him in half a minute. Next three runs, Hydroid systems, helmet, chassis. Can't say I ever got a 3 out of 3 before. Now I have to farm a few argon crystals and can start building him.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #458 on: March 19, 2015, 08:45:04 PM

U16 for PC is out now (patching as I type).

Edit: Login server down awesome, for real
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:50:40 PM by Trippy »
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #459 on: March 19, 2015, 09:14:57 PM

Sanctuary Patch Notes

Weapon Changes:
Synoid Gammacor now consumes 7.5x more ammunition.
Synoid Gammacor magazine capacity has been reduced.
why so serious?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #460 on: March 20, 2015, 10:31:56 AM

Ya, the gammacor is now relegated to being a side arm. I had mine rigged for max fire rate and the thing goes through its ammo just way too fast. It didn't last through ONE 20 second fire fight.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #461 on: March 20, 2015, 11:04:46 AM

Guess I'll go ahead and potato that marelok now.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: March 20, 2015, 11:38:21 AM

I have yet to find a secondary that I actually like at all. I need to try to get a bronco because all the handguns I really can't stand. I have a vanilla gammacor and hate the streamed laser thing.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #463 on: March 20, 2015, 12:56:38 PM

Guess I'll go ahead and potato that marelok now.  awesome, for real
Yeah and the demand on those things is going to skyrocket. Good thing I bought one on Wednesday.
Rasix

Reply #464 on: March 20, 2015, 01:33:52 PM

Ohh, I'm not fortunate enough to have that one.  Regular marelok is still pretty nice.  Despair is too if people are looking for viable sidearms.

-Rasix
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #465 on: March 20, 2015, 02:07:42 PM

I'd say Despair is nearly on par with the 'original' Synoid Gammacore, except of course it doesn't get the fun proc.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: March 20, 2015, 02:56:30 PM

I dunno if I'd call despair viable given how much luck it takes to get.  It's almost as bad as the vauban.
Rasix

Reply #467 on: March 20, 2015, 03:05:12 PM

I really would like vauban systems alert to pop up sometime when I'm actually on.

Heh, I think I got Despair, Hate, and Dread in order.  Might have been 2 Despairs at some point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: March 20, 2015, 03:25:02 PM

I'm just happy that stalker is more reliably showing up again at all.
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: March 20, 2015, 04:10:57 PM

I'm just happy that stalker is more reliably showing up again at all.

I'm not. Fucker always pops up when I am solo and I get my ass handed to me every single time. Can't out run, can't out gun, can't use abilities... basically it's just a used revive at the point I see the lights flicker.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: March 20, 2015, 08:45:46 PM

The Vaylock is an amazing gun.  Working on the syndicate Akbolto which is also a nice gun.

The Stalker has given me despair, but not Despair.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #471 on: March 20, 2015, 09:06:25 PM

PSA: Excalibur Radial Javelin

We understand there is some confusion regarding Radial Javelin’s recent adjustment.  Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain.  As such, Radial Javelin as it currently stands is functioning as it was always intended to.  We apologize for the confusion this has caused and will do better to communicate these refinements in the future.
Working As Intended awesome, for real
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: March 20, 2015, 09:35:32 PM

Day 3 attempt at this game:

Did an elimination/extermination mission solo.  Went fine except I went down a dead end corridor to get loot and a heavy weapons flame thrower + 3 regular guys pinned me down.  Killed him by using door opening/closing for cover but still lost 2 revives in the process. 

Did a low level alert.  Before people joined I got mauled down by charging dogs, one literally took away all my shield in one charge and the other my health.  Was frustrating, but I revived and batoned them to death (for whatever reason melee seems easier against them than my rifle).

Got a bunch of loot, upgraded my Baton's damage mod to 60% damage (rank 3 I think?).  Now I feel like I can kill people melee pretty well.  I do a low level capture mission solo and mostly went well but I did die to something.  Captured both targets and 20 minutes in (and a good amount of mods I think) I'm heading towards the excavation point.  Run into a cave corridor, back out and snipe people with my rifle.  Suddenly a heavy gunner comes out and destroys me causing me to fail the mission and get nothing.

This game doesn't seem very consistent.  At some points I can not care people are firing at me, run in and melee people to death.  The next minute I'm getting sniped from 5 directions and taking damage like there's no tomorrow.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: March 20, 2015, 11:47:25 PM

That's how the game is in the early progression.

Movement is key. The AI doesn't aim particularly well at moving targets. Stand still, though, and they'll home in on you and burn you down in seconds. Keep moving and use cover. You can reload and move, just can't run. Also, set up your hotkeys and learn how to roll. Warframes can roll, front and backflip. All of these maneuvers both confound enemy aim and grant 80% damage reduction.

Of course, enemies with AoE attacks like bombards and napalms are a bit more challenging to deal with, but, again, rolling can evade the missiles. Also, use crowd control abilities. Warframes like Mag and Banshee can keep heavy units on the ground with knockdowns and ragdoll physics. They're not shooting if they're on their ass. Many heavy weapons also have knockdowns with ragdoll physics. The Jat Kittag (jet kitty) springs to mind.

One of the very cool features of the game is the ability to select weapons and 'frames to leverage this sort of thing, depending on your playstyle and preferences.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: March 21, 2015, 12:22:07 PM

There's a 3 day credit+affinity booster promo code out today, VoidCrystal, enter it in on the buy platinum page under promo codes.  Code is supposedly good until the 31st, not sure if it's PC only or not.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 12:25:02 PM by Ard »
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: March 21, 2015, 04:17:41 PM

I've been doing low level earth missions levelling alts and weapons. The "feral kubrow" have a lot of health and armor, appear in a group and have a charge attack (fairly visible if you look at them setting it up) which hits hard and knocks you over. As you observed keep moving and spam melee. The heavy gunners have a very distinctive "spin up" which also gives you some time to seek cover, and given they have spin up they are terrible at dealing with you popping out. Can even Lato them to death pretty easily.

Also getting a couple of ranks in your health and shield mods make a big difference in your early survivability.

I got owned a couple of times by the Grineer Manic, it's a very cheesy fight. Perhaps as a encouragement for people in groups to stick together it makes sense. Still, at least he can only kill you once per mission now.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: March 22, 2015, 08:09:52 AM

The Left 4 Borderlands Psycho-Hunter as I like to call him.  Thankfully they've only shown up when I've had my good gun equipped.

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: March 22, 2015, 01:34:26 PM

The manic is kinda like stalker-lite, but a lot more mobile.

The biggest threat is losing your nerve when facing him down or getting hit with a bleed proc. He's not terribly tough, but he is very fast and does have an invis and (supposedly) an invulnerability phase.

I've only fought him few times, but I was using Trinity (been doing the Simeris scan missions--WoL makes this a lot simpler) so the bleeds are easily cancelled. If I didn't have proc removal abilities, I'd just drop a large health restore and plan on a lot of tumbling when he closes in. Shoot him in the face on approach, avoid getting hit too much, and it'll just be a matter of time before he bites it. I believe he's easily controlled if not in the red phase, so CC abilities should work just fine.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #478 on: March 22, 2015, 11:59:40 PM

He's even easier with Trinity if you have Link on cause you can see where he is (approximately) even when he is invis -- just shoot where the link ends and you'll likely take him out easy peasy.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: March 23, 2015, 11:03:58 AM

Yeah, I noticed that since I keep link up continuously.

In one fight he retreated to lick his wounds in a corner and the link was pointing to the exact spot he holed up--which was then violated with about half a magazine of "to whom it may concern" from a 4-forma Soma Prime. Sucks to be him.

There's a lot of angst over this guy on the O-fficial forums, but he's really pretty easy to deal with...IF...you keep your nerve and just play him out. I can see some issues with newer players running into this guy, but he doesn't really show up until around the lvl20ish stuff and you should have all your shit in one bag by then. Of course, it's gaming and that isn't a given, but if you've got half decent stuff and have been paying attention to how the game works, he's not really too much of an issue.

Edit: for Freudian slip! There's a lot of angst over the gun, too, but that's another topic.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:06:28 AM by Shrike »
Rasix

Reply #480 on: March 24, 2015, 10:57:13 AM

Seems like today is Vauban systems alert day.  It's up for another 40 mins on PC (it was up at 7am also).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:17:19 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: March 24, 2015, 11:04:34 AM

Seems like today is Vauban systems alert day.  It's up for another 40 mins on PC.

Speaking of which...

he is ridiculous on infested defense maps. Seriously, ridiculous. He was well worth the getting alerts at 3am to grab his pieces.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #482 on: March 24, 2015, 11:13:38 AM

I missed that alert cause I overslept Ohhhhh, I see.

Ember is my go to frame for Infested non-solo missions currently. All of her abilities are good against them, though really I just like burning things awesome, for real
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: March 25, 2015, 09:16:29 PM

This game plays surprisingly well streamed via Steam in home streaming.  Except for some quick times with the slow network warning I was able to shoot quite well (horray for 802.11ac, can't wait to hardwire my house and get full gigabit).

Plaed the earth defense mission, and man that's great for loot.  It appears though you can only get 3 mods per map max?

I'm getting into the groove with this game.  I've got a good handle on the melee while running thing and using it a lot to get in and out of battle quickly. 
Rasix

Reply #484 on: March 26, 2015, 10:02:39 AM

One benefit of a combination of a cold, reflux, and insomnia is that you catch the orokin catalyst invasion that pops up at 2am.   awesome, for real

-Rasix
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: March 26, 2015, 02:16:46 PM

The anniversary event is on. Log into warframe in the next couple of days to get the Dex Furis (quite good dual pistols) and Dex Dakra (dual swords).

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: March 26, 2015, 02:26:11 PM

Should also note that those are both potatoed, and if you already have the dex furis from last year, it's effectively a free weapon slot.
Rasix

Reply #487 on: March 27, 2015, 09:53:32 AM

13 Sedna boss runs:

9 Saryn Helmets
4 Saryn Chassis

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: March 27, 2015, 10:36:27 AM

13 Sedna boss runs:

9 Saryn Helmets
4 Saryn Chassis

Shall we chat about Ruk?  why so serious?

No really, fuck him and his never dropping ember's helmet for me until like run 40. Seriously, I have 46 nav things from this bastard. I ran Vay Hek 3 times and got all of Hydroid.... So yeah. I am with ya man.

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: March 27, 2015, 10:47:29 AM

That's pretty typical. 

Usually, there's one warframe part that has a very low droprate. It's usually the systems with basic warframes.

When I was farming up Saryn, it took me 14 runs to get her systems to drop. I was farming Nyx at the same time (when Phorid was a system boss) and it took me over 40 runs to get her systems to drop.

In contrast, it only took me three runs to finish Valkyr after AladV was introduced.

It's just the RNG thing.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: