Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 375952 times)
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: February 10, 2015, 11:31:07 AM

Nyx will not solve all your problems.  I love Nyx, but it is not the most solo friendly warframe since it's really really really squishy.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #281 on: February 10, 2015, 12:40:36 PM

I thought shield polarize kills Corpus shields, which leaves them with a tiny bit of health to shoot once or twice. So it doesn't actually kill them, but makes it easy to pop them off... Though I could be wrong since I didn't like Mag at all.
It also does AoE damage based on how much was drained.

Ahh, the more ya know. I have Mag ranked 30 and never much cared for any of her powers outside of Pull.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: February 10, 2015, 12:44:32 PM

Just use Rhino and all your problems are solved. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Yeah, that's assuming I can get the boss to drop something other than Rhino helmets for me (3 in a row so far).

This is me with Oberon... I keep getting these random drops: chassis x5, helmet x6. Not one god damn systems yet.

Got Rhino in 4 runs, 3 runs for Valkyr and 6 for all of Nyx. And after leveling mostly with Mirage, I am used to the squishy so Nyx should not be too unfamiliar.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: February 10, 2015, 02:08:44 PM

Mag in a nutshell: 1 + 4 with the occasional 2

Pull - Good damage, awesome crowd control
Shield Polarize - I use it to recharge my shields.  If you get a bunch of things nearby with shields you will drain then damage them, but it only does the damage of the best one.  Nova's skill is far, far, far superior.
Bullet Attractor - Only useful against bosses and big mobs with lots of heath such as Heavy Gunners and Bombards, and only if you can't kill them quickly.  Some bosses it's good, some it's terrible.  Supposedly glaives will bounce around inside endlessly.
Magnetize AoE - A really good skill with some range mods in it.  Levitates everything and does significant damage.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #284 on: February 10, 2015, 02:52:45 PM

Most missions I only use Pull (1), which is fine since it's so awesome and significantly buffed from when I originally played. Crush (4) has such a long cast time that I rarely use it when playing solo.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #285 on: February 11, 2015, 01:05:43 AM

Wow apparently I have to unlock Saturn -> Phobos -> Europa to get a control module to build the Rhino Systems whose blueprint drops on Venus.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: February 11, 2015, 03:15:46 AM

Get someone to take you to T1 missions. Control modules drop like rain on the plain in Spain there.

Nyx will solve all your problems...IF...played correctly. The issue with Nyx is she requires corrupted mods to really shine and those aren't easy to get, particularly overextended. If Baro coughs up a primed stretch that might solve some of that problem, but it's a big 'if'.

As for squishy, NyxP has significantly more mitigation and QT/primed flow is a huge survivability boost, but we're back into exotic mods and advanced builds.

I guess the point here is 'frames evolve significantly as you expand your mod base. Don't fall for the conventional wisdom you see spouted about on the forums. A couple of exotic mods like corrupted, nightmare, or primed can totally change how you play a particular warframe.
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: February 11, 2015, 04:08:20 AM

Wow apparently I have to unlock Saturn -> Phobos -> Europa to get a control module to build the Rhino Systems whose blueprint drops on Venus.

Been there... I bit the pillow and bought 3 modules with my remaining plat. However, last night I solo'd a T1 exterminate and got 2 to drop so that is doable.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: February 11, 2015, 06:40:45 AM

The kicker is that eventually you'll be swimming in control modules.

Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: February 11, 2015, 07:48:46 AM

The kicker is that eventually you'll be swimming in control modules.

Yeah... But I was unhappy with Mag and not being able to switch out starter frames was a slap in the face. So I threw some money at the game and bought Mirage who I truly love to play even though she is made of paper. I have no regrets putting $20 down for this game. But the extra I used to buy slots and a few resources that I couldn't farm because they were locked out for me. Getting through some planets like Sedna and Phobos with PuGs is frustrating and at most times impossible. However, knowing I can solo T1 stuff for some hard to get resources is a nice confidence booster. And on that note, the mobs in T1 missions seem very squishy to me for some reason. The only thing that really beat the shit outta me were the laser orbs because I forgot about the trap pressure plates. Once I noticed where they were, it was pretty easy...easier than the waves of grineer and corpus I get on other exterminate missions.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: February 11, 2015, 08:02:39 AM

Tower 1 stuff is weak.  It's a 10-20 area, so it's fairly safe compared to some of the planets.

Mirage is awesome and become my favorite frame.  Try to get enough duration and efficiency mods to keep her clones up all the time as they draw a lot of fire.  Between that and the proper weapon choice she kills most things too quickly for them to be a threat.

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: February 11, 2015, 09:25:42 AM

Mirage can be very tough, but, again, it's how you build her.

The key to not getting OHK'd as Mirage is eclipse. Keep it up at ALL times no matter what. Aside from just not getting shot (the clones take the arrows), it gives you damage resistance. Add power strength mods and you can hit 95% damage resistance when standing in shadow.

Can't find shadows to stand in? Well, that's balance (sorta). Mirage is about speed and violence of action, but knowing the maps well is a big part of playing her at the high difficulties. Just remember where the shadowing hidey holes are as you learn the maps.

Lastly, weapons with recovery procs help Mirage (and anyone else without build in healing) a lot. The Vaykor Marelok, Burston Prime with Gilded Truth, and a few others I can't think of at the moment will continually top up your health as you use them. Very handy on Mirage, especially as there are five of you shooting at stuff. Same goes for melee and lifestrike, if that's your thing.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #292 on: February 11, 2015, 11:09:17 AM

Just a brief note about Mirage: while it is as awesome as Lant says, its also extremely visually spammy, what with your clones and all your guns going off and your disco ball, so if you have any trouble focusing on a battle due to visual stimulus overload and/or being 'navigationally challenged' (that'd be me), Mirage can be a bit of a Migraine.

My favorite frame thus far would have to be Banshee or Zephyr. Banshee's Silence skill is fantastic for handling a group of mobs you've wandered into. They all cower in fear for 2-4 seconds giving you enough time to dispatch the dangerous ones in the cluster. Zephyr's 3rd skill, Turbulence is a portable shield that deflects incoming fire that makes the frame quite survivable. Later on with the use of what's called a Syndicate Mod specifically made for Zephyr, your Turbulence skill turns into a speed boost not only to runspeed but to projectile speed, making your guns with ballistic travel time require far less leading.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #293 on: February 11, 2015, 11:17:45 AM

Are you playing on PC or PS4?

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #294 on: February 11, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Are you playing on PC or PS4?

This is the politically correct way of asking if you are a dirty worthless thumb aimer with no more right to live on God's green earth than a weasel.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

Reply #295 on: February 11, 2015, 11:23:52 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Actually, if you're having the control module issue on PC, just friend me, and we'll solve that.  It is a pain in the ass at first, but it's easily solved, and we're all very helpful if you let us.

Meanwhile, I'm just praying for a sale.  I want more slots. Lots  of weapons I want to try.  I need advice for a decent shotgun and easily farmed secondary (I haven't found a secondary that I like yet).  Trinity seems like it be more effective if I had a closer range setup.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:33:35 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: February 11, 2015, 11:24:17 AM

In reality, it's shorthand for saying, "stop being a filthy console gamer, we can help jump you forward pretty easily".
Rasix

Reply #297 on: February 11, 2015, 11:34:52 AM

Yah, but sunk-cost.  If they've already dropped cash on the PS4 version, does it let them use that character on the PC? I have no idea.  But if you have a gaming PC that can run this, run this on the PC.  OR DON'T.  

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: February 11, 2015, 11:42:06 AM

There was a way to transfer from PC to console, but I don't think it goes the other way around, sadly.  At one point, they were promising cross play, when the patches lined up properly, but I dunno if they gave up on that dream or not.
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: February 11, 2015, 11:47:43 AM

There was a way to transfer from PC to console, but I don't think it goes the other way around, sadly.  At one point, they were promising cross play, when the patches lined up properly, but I dunno if they gave up on that dream or not.

That's a negative ghost rider... pattern only works one way. I already looked into it. I already have my stuff on PS4 and kinda like being able to sit on my couch - though I do miss the hell outta my keyboard and mouse.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: February 11, 2015, 01:19:13 PM

I haven't had a gaming PC for over a year now.

PS4 for me, although I haven't played in a few months.

Frost/Rhino prime, Nekros, and Nova.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: February 11, 2015, 01:23:48 PM

Meanwhile, I'm just praying for a sale.  I want more slots. Lots  of weapons I want to try.  I need advice for a decent shotgun and easily farmed secondary (I haven't found a secondary that I like yet).  Trinity seems like it be more effective if I had a closer range setup.

Have you built the Hek? I'm finding it quite satisfying on my trinity..  though working towards trying the phage one day.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Rasix

Reply #302 on: February 11, 2015, 01:27:44 PM

Yah, I might just go for the hentai gun.  We picked up some pubbie in a boss farm yesterday that was just wrecking with it.

Mutagen mass seems like a pain in the ass to farm, however.

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: February 11, 2015, 01:28:44 PM

I second the Hek.  It's the shotgun you always see me using.  You should even be high enough rank to actually buy the pattern now.  Mutagen masses aren't too bad to get from infested invasions.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: February 11, 2015, 01:45:21 PM

Infested invasions, or if you're really desperate, the Clan Dojo has a print to turn samples into masses.  Of course you have to join a Clan that has it researched, so not always viable.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #305 on: February 11, 2015, 01:47:23 PM

This game needs a dependency management tool awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see.
WayAbvPar

Reply #306 on: February 11, 2015, 01:48:17 PM

How does the stuff in the Dojo work? How do you access it? Is it limited run stuff, or can I make as many copies as I want?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: February 11, 2015, 02:29:36 PM

Basically clans research blueprint patterns.  Ours has everything that's current already done though.  All you need to do with them is buy them and make them same as the blueprints from the market.  Be aware that almost everything from the dojo requires a forma (which mostly drops from the void, and does more than just this, but I don't want to get into that right now), and mutagen masses/detonite ampules/fieldron, which are a subcombine or farmable from the invasion missions.  I've probably botched this explanation pretty badly.

edit:  oops, forgot dojo access.  So what you need to do is make the dojo key if you haven't already.  It takes 12 hours to cook.  Once that's done, if you're high enough rank within the clan, you can then go either to the navigation screen and select dojo (which just opens the clan menu) or the clan menu, and select enter dojo from there.  If you aren't, ask one of us to go into it and invite you, from there, you can trade with people or buy the blueprints.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:32:54 PM by Ard »
Rasix

Reply #308 on: February 11, 2015, 02:58:21 PM

At least the Tenno dojo stuff doesn't seem to require anything beyond having a forma (and the occasional Argon Crystal).  The infested requires mutagen mass, corpus requires feldiron, and grineer requires detonite injectors.

This might help: research wiki page.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #309 on: February 12, 2015, 12:10:16 AM

Get someone to take you to T1 missions. Control modules drop like rain on the plain in Spain there.
Yeah so I got into a pub on an alert mission with some guys who steam rolled things (I got like 10 kills). After that was done one of them started a vote for a T1 Defense mission which I went along with figuring I would continue to sponge off those guys and get some modules. Somehow the 3 of us that went into the mission all managed to die on the 3rd wave. There was something that one shot me and I have no idea how the other two died. I revived just for the heck of it and proceeded to try and stay alive with my primary being a newly purchased unmodded Branton. Somehow I managed to clear the remaining two and half waves by myself with my gimpy gun (fortunately my Pull is at max rank) and we got out of there with our rewards including my 6 control modules.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:11:55 AM by Trippy »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: February 12, 2015, 07:27:20 AM

Probably a bombard.  Corrupted can be based on any Grineer or Corpus faction mob.  Bombards are still the most likely to one-shot you.

Tower Defense and Survival can be rough for an undergeared character simply because of how much is thrown at you.  Doable though as you saw if your skills are up to the task.  Grats on your control modules.

Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: February 12, 2015, 08:49:23 AM

Probably a bombard.  Corrupted can be based on any Grineer or Corpus faction mob.  Bombards are still the most likely to one-shot you.

Tower Defense and Survival can be rough for an undergeared character simply because of how much is thrown at you.  Doable though as you saw if your skills are up to the task.  Grats on your control modules.

Fuck those dudes, man. Hate those mobs with a passion. And those Grineer snipers that have me realize my shields are somehow gone in 2 seconds and I am going to be bleeding out soon.

So yesterday I got three new frames done in my foundry to now play with. Farming AHOY!

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #312 on: February 12, 2015, 01:53:08 PM

This weekend I'm gonna have Mag Prime, Nova Prime, Hydroid and Saryn ready to play. I'm so stoked! Also, great job on managing that defense on your own Trippy. That much have been quite the fight!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: February 13, 2015, 12:04:53 PM

You're going to love Saryn. She's...ah, you'll see.

Although, one caveat. The syndicate mod that applies a healing effect to Saryn's Molt should be considered mandatory. It is just that good. Keep it in mind when you choose your syndicate to build rep with.

NovaP is my guilty pleasure. If you just like to watch things explode in massive chain reactions, then taking Nova to an infested mission is just pure bliss. Booooom!
Rasix

Reply #314 on: February 13, 2015, 12:26:44 PM

There's a couple "Gift of the Lotus" missions up.  They have a 4 day duration, so no rush. You can do both if you're rank 5 or higher.  25 gold fusion cores from each (RIP my credits).  I guess this is some sort of apology for the messed up loot tables? 

Has the overall fusion core drop rate been nerfed?  I never seem to get them anymore.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: