Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2018, 12:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes  (Read 77953 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #525 on: December 10, 2017, 06:52:29 PM

But here's the thing that stood out:  when someone holds a node or outpost or whatever, they can put whatever picture they want on the banner?  There are several spots with the emblem being a close up of some random dude's face, like the player took a selfie with a cheap cam.  Talk about immersion breaking.  Here I felt like someone broke into my house irl and sat on my couch while I played BDO.
Yeah. Allowing user-generated content to be publicly displayed in these sorts of games is rarely a good idea. On my Tera server there is a guild that has* the Avengers "A" symbol as their guild symbol and you see it flying into Velika which is the most popular of the main cities in the world.

* or had, I haven't been on in a while

Edit: adding quote from previous page
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:13:00 PM by Trippy »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #526 on: June 13, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

Not sure if this has been done in other MMOs, but it sounds new to me. Definitely not a big thing, just a weird one that if possible makes Black Desert even more unique. Anyway, you can now flirt with NPCs and try to date them. There are 15 that you can ask out, and after some time they will let players know if they wanna go out with you or not.

https://blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1464

It seems to be just another grind, but I like this kind of crap in sandbox MMOs. Hell, they can even break up with you and will send you an ingame email about it. Hah.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: June 13, 2018, 11:36:56 PM

Not sure if this has been done in other MMOs, but it sounds new to me. Definitely not a big thing, just a weird one that if possible makes Black Desert even more unique. Anyway, you can now flirt with NPCs and try to date them. There are 15 that you can ask out, and after some time they will let players know if they wanna go out with you or not.

https://blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1464

It seems to be just another grind, but I like this kind of crap in sandbox MMOs. Hell, they can even break up with you and will send you an ingame email about it. Hah.

/target Crio
/say Sup
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Black Desert - Korea getting serious about sandboxes  
Jump to: