Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:03:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh!  (Read 25027 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 01:53:16 AM

Oh hey, see you next week buddy!    why so serious?

Kill ALL THE ELVES
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:53 AM

Missed me by ~2 hours, Iain. I'm normally ready to play around now. Tomorrow is kendo practice, but Friday night or the weekend are clear.

Turns out kendo is canceled tomorrow so I should be free then as well.

'Around now' is 3am my time. I'm able to play at unsociable hours due to being occupationally challenged currently but I'm not routinely awake and compos mentis until 4-5am.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 11, 2013, 06:31:00 AM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 02:17:17 PM

If it makes you feel better, odds are good you'll kill one of my werewolves in return! If Sunday is best for you, let's do that. Any of those days/times are good for me, although I'm on the west coast, so I'd rather not 11am EDT, just because I don't wanna get up at 8am on a Sunday. :P

How about Sunday at 3pm EST (noon your time)?

That should be fine!

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 02:56:37 PM

Missed me by ~2 hours, Iain. I'm normally ready to play around now. Tomorrow is kendo practice, but Friday night or the weekend are clear.

Turns out kendo is canceled tomorrow so I should be free then as well.

'Around now' is 3am my time. I'm able to play at unsociable hours due to being occupationally challenged currently but I'm not routinely awake and compos mentis until 4-5am.

We should probably aim for the weekend then - I don't have anything scheduled Saturday or Sunday, so something noon-afternoon my time/evening your time is probably best.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 07:09:26 PM

I only just noticed the avatar change.

Awesome
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 07:57:01 PM

uh... my ISP is still down...  swamp poop

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 08:12:13 PM

4 skill ups after that last game and not a single double or stat boost  cry  at least my guard slate is pretty sturdy, now.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 08:37:40 PM

4 skill ups after that last game and not a single double or stat boost  cry  at least my guard slate is pretty sturdy, now.

Oh you poor thing you. However will you be able to cope.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 10:31:41 PM

Glad I got my game with you out of the way earlier...  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 05:25:16 AM

Danicia, I will certainly try to hit you on the weekend. You are on US time, right? East coast or West coast?

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 06:25:10 PM

Purple Inferno 3-0 over Changer of Minds.   This is really all you need to know:

Star Player got taken out on, like, turn 2.   Any hope Fildrigar had after that withered under the onslaught of skull dice.  I had what seemed like an overly-large number of red skulls myself in the first half (and ran out of rerolls rather early), but for whatever reason, the results were not as mean to the Inferno (and weren't on, say, my first block).  Also, my dice improved in the second half while Fildrigar's, if anything, got worse.

On the bright side, the Changer of Minds MVP was a real player and considering the number of Loners they were fielding, that was beating the odds in a good direction.

Fancystats:
Fildrigar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 12, 2013, 06:33:50 PM

Danicia, I will certainly try to hit you on the weekend. You are on US time, right? East coast or West coast?

West Coast.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 13, 2013, 01:19:47 PM

Haemish, we didn't catch up today (obv). Unlikely I'll be on much tomorrow. Will work out some slots and pm you. Think we'll need to plan a specific time in order to make a weekday work.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 13, 2013, 03:16:27 PM

The Banned... are still alive! (But also dead, of course.)

In a very dwarf-like game, we held the dirty rats to no touchdown in the first half, and thinned their numbers out and sat on the end zone line to run in a single point in the 2nd half. IainC had some very bad luck on d6 rolls and I got a lot of armor breaks and inflicted injuries. 4 necromantic players leveled.

Playoff scenarios for me:

1) If I don't beat RK on day 7, I am out*. If I DO beat him:

- if Ezrast beats RK on day 6 but loses to proudft on day 7, I am out.
- All other permutations of Ezrast winning or tying (or even losing both) of those games puts me in... again, assuming I beat RK.

*If I tie RK there are some 2-way and 3-way tie possibilities but I suspect in all cases I lose tiebreakers there as my TD differential isn't very good.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 13, 2013, 03:21:13 PM

The Minizilla's 4 - The Chemincal Elvers 1

I thought I was in for a nuffle fucking this match as I screwed up the start and set myself to receive the kick off when in fact I was the team kicking off so I left a very open right field which Celer set up to take advantage of, however he did leave his thrower open to GFI blitz as long as I could make the required GFI's I would also be able to move a skink up to recover the ball if it popped free, but instead I got my only GFI fail on re-reroll and so Celer opened the scoring within the next couple of turns. I received and advanced a standard cage and scored myself on turn 6 and then nuffle showed that what he can give he can also take away as the resultant kick off event was a pitch invasion which took down 2 lizards but critically for Celer 5 or 6 Elves were downed which again made sure that on the next turn his thrower was open to a blitz which since I didn't need any GFI's to make I took him down and ran in a second score on turn 8 to go into the second half 2-1 up.

I received in the second half and again advanced a standard cage and scored around turn 13 to make a tie very unlikely and then on the last few turns of the match my lizards who had not been able to punch their way out of a paper bag until now finally started to get their murder on taking elves off the pitch in crucial positions allowing me another sack of the ball carrier and clearing the ball for a last turn score to finish the match 4-1.

Match is submitted on BB manager.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #51 on: April 13, 2013, 03:39:31 PM

I managed to fuck up pretty badly and Ingmar was in place to take advantage when it mattered.

I started well, a pitch invasion left more of the Banned on the floor than Fursecution so I knocked over a few of the remaining Necro team and set up for a pass and run play. Then the first thing went wrong. I thought that the Wolf was stunned when he was just knocked down and parked the ball carrier next to him. That didn't go well and the ball was free. Luckily for me the Necro team couldn't reposition fast enough and I got a mob around the ball. We pushed it around for a few turns before eventually it bounced into the hands of a Skaven who'd already moved and was next to a Wight. That ended poorly for him and the Banned were able to push the nearby rats out of the way and set up for a wolf pickup and run. I got a marker on the wolf and then blitzed my Rat ogre free to put a Prehensile Tail marker on him as well for good measure. The wolf blitzed his way away from the Rat Ogre but only managed pushes on his two blocks so he still needed to make a dodge to get away and score. He failed, I got the ball back and ran it to safety but didn't notice that we were already on the last turn so didn't try to pass it to any of the Skaven who were in scoring range. The first half ended scoreless but with 3 rats out of action - I'd bought a wandering apothecary with my inducements and used both apoths in the first half.

The Banned were receiving in the second half and the Rats were down to 9 players. I knew it was going to be an uphill struggle against the superior strength and block advantage of the Necro team, never mind being outnumbered. I was going to need all the help I could get from the dice and that's where things really started to unravel. It seemed that every time I made a dodge roll, I failed and the Skaven who'd tried to get away left the pitch on a stretcher. Added to the constant casualties that the Banned were inflicting as well, that meant I was running out of Skaven faster than Ingmar was running out of time. The next seven turns ended after only one or two actions each with 5 failed dodges, 1 failed GFI resulting in a KO and one failed block where my Rat Ogre KOd himself. On the last necro turn of the game the Ghoul with the ball carried it across the line while there were only 4 Skaven on the pitch.

I set up to try and get the chain blocks needed for a 1 turn TD although I wasn't convinced I had enough players to do it, I also needed a lot of pushes with no rerolls. The kickoff result was a Riot giving me two turns to score instead of one but all my players were tangled up so I tried to pull off the 1 turn TD anyhow and fluffed the very first block. The Banned spread out to get a few last licks in and to block off any route through but they needn't have worried, my last turn ended with yet another failed dodge as the first action and that was that.

I made a lot fo unforced errors in the first half from which Ingmar was unlucky not to go ahead but the second half was just a comedy of failed dice and injured rats. My cunning plan to try and keep my team intact for the playoffs also failed spectacularly. I will be missing both of the Stormvermin and the kicker for the last day vs Lamaros. One Stormvermin got a -1Mv injury, the other took an NI so if I make enough gold on Day 7 I shall probably replace one or both of them.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 03:41:49 PM by IainC »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 03:48:29 PM

We both blew through all our rerolls really early in the first half I seem to recall, too. I can afford that magical 4th reroll, but I want to see what happens to RK's TV this week before I decide.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 05:08:13 PM

Tamurkhan is wide open now. I'm through regardless as is Lamaros. We play each other next and the winner will be top of the division.

Yet to play that make a difference to playoffs are:
Day 6: Ezrast v RK47
Day 7: Ezrast v Proudft, Ingmar v RK47.

Ingmar :
Is through if he beats RK47 and as long as Proudft and Ezrast don't also win at least a match each - basically if Ezrast beats RK47 then loses to Proudft, Ingmar is out.
If Ezrast draws both his games and Ingmar beats RK47 then Ezrast will win the tiebreaker due to the day 1 head to head result but Ingmar would still come in fourth.

RK47:
Is through if he beats Ezrast and Ingmar or if he wins one and draws one.
If he beats Ezrast but loses to Ingmar then he's through in fourth only if the Ezrast v Proudft match is a draw as he'd win the tiebreak.
If he loses to Ezrast and beats Ingmar then he's through as long as Proudft doesn't beat Ezrast (a draw is fine as he'd win the tiebreak again).

Proudft:
Is through if he beats Ezrast.
If he draws with Ezrast then he's through if Ezrast beats RK47 and Ingmar draws with RK47 or if both the Ezrast v Rk47 game and the Ingmar v RK47 game end in draws
If he loses to Ezrast then he is out as the winner of the Ingmar/Rk47 match would take 4th and if it was a draw then Ingmar would win the tiebreak.

Ezrast:
Is through if he beats either RK47 or Proudft.
If he draws both then he's through as well.
If he loses to RK47 and draws with Proudft then he can go through only if RK47 also beats Ingmar. He's then in a tiebreak for fourth with Proudft which he will win as long as RK47 didn't beat him by more than 1 TD.
If he draws with RK47 and loses to Proudft then he's through if the RK47/Ingmar match is a draw, otherwise the winner of that match will knock him down to fifth.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 05:46:17 PM

SOMEONE in this family had to beat the shit out of your team, IainC.  Heart

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 07:04:54 PM

Insatiable 2 - 1 Bony Slaves, Iron Beards

rep uploaded.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 05:19:16 AM

/Ogres

Reborne had everything going against him this match.  He was down 2 ogres coming into it from a previous match, meaning he couldn't really setup any effect front line defenses or cages.  Then his dice rolls where horrible.  Almost all my dice rolls went great.  And then of course he was playing as Ogres.  Not much he really could have done this match, but he did his best.

The only scary part of the match was during the kick off on turn 2, a rock was thrown at one of my wardancers, who was injured with -STR.  Luckily re-rolled it to badly injured, but it made the entire rest of the match tense for me just because I knew I had no backup if one of those ogres badly hit one of my stars.....

My Treeman leveled to 5, my backup QB managed to level up twice from 2 to 4, and my level 5 wardancer moveed within 4 SPP of Super Star status.  Replay is uploaded, somebody hurry up and approve it so I can see what I rolled for level ups.   awesome, for real
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:54:13 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 14, 2013, 05:32:49 AM

Ruvaldt, when are you around today?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 06:47:09 AM

Alas, I think I rolled 7's for all three level ups.   Heartbreak

Accurate and Nerves of Steel for Nimrond the replacement QB, and Grab for Sturdybranch the treeman.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 12:41:05 PM

The First Ladies 0 - 0 Bleating

One of the most memorable and fun draws I've ever played, it was a game filled with blood, constant turnovers, and two teams that just couldn't quite overwhelm the other.

Avaia and I were both within striking distance of the goal once in the game only to be stopped by a one-die block, and a scrum that ended both halves.  I got the better part of the game through injuries though as Avaia buried a very experienced Pestigor, and suffered another permanent injury on a Rotter while I had no permanents.  Well, I did, but he was saved by an apothecary.

It also now looks pretty improbable that I won't go to the playoffs, which is a little surprising because I was looking forward to dominating the Failoffs with my new team.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 14, 2013, 02:30:24 PM

It's absolutely certain you'll make it.

Haemish needs one point from two matches. Avaia is through with a win, probably out with a loss, a tie would involve maths.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 02:36:03 PM

Haemish, for our game, how about either 6pm or midnight your time Tuesday or Thursday night?

6pm your time is midnight here, probably slightly better for me than the 6am alarm clock thing.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #62 on: April 14, 2013, 04:39:08 PM

I'm going to lose, the question is only BY HOW MUCH. Just in case people were curious.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 04:47:02 PM

2-0, fuck Blood Bowl, I don't even want to bother with the fail-offs at this point. But I will. ><

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: April 15, 2013, 05:40:00 AM

My 70 SPP goat, DED. 

Things went pretty shitty in the first half for me, as Ruvaldt's dwarves broke armor left and right.  I was fortunate to get the ball free from his monster bull, and I did pull off a lot of dodge and ball pickups in traffic to keep him from scoring in the first half, so I was lucky to go into halftime tied.

Unfortunately, I was only able to field 7 at the turn against ruvaldt's full squad, and none of those players were pestigors.  Ruvaldt got a blitz on the kickoff, and shit looked REAL ugly. .  Some elfrotter hijinks allowed for a pickup and a fairly long pass to the other upright rotter, and I was able to move upfield.  A lot of fucking around ensued, and I eventually made a mini-break (as much as rotters can break) upfield, only to be thwarted by the same 1d blitz that I had pulled off earlier against his bull.  Many 1d blocks ensued in a struggle for the ball, and most of them succeeded.  Unfortunately, not enough dudes for me to advance and we tied.  I'll take it after losing so many players so early.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 15, 2013, 05:41:36 AM

Well, the Orcs had a great start, but it was not to last.

In the first half Carnifax chose for me to receive, but then got a stack load of awful rolls which allowed me to get my thrower to a waiting goblin who scored without much effort.

Then things took a turn for the worse, my rolls got less good and the amount of guard he has made a joke of my bashing team. Mighty blow started injuring more and more of my players and my aim to crush his skinks was not working well (got some knock outs, but only one injury). It wasn't long before it was 1-1, then 2-1, with Carnifax playing very well to break out involving a blitzing skink.

This left me two turns to equalise. Figuring my only slim chance was to throw team mate I set it up, threw the goblin, but utterly failed. Despite my best efforts I then had more injuries leaving my team utterly smashed.

Good game, predictions were pretty accurate.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #66 on: April 15, 2013, 08:09:31 AM

Haemish, for our game, how about either 6pm or midnight your time Tuesday or Thursday night?

6pm your time is midnight here, probably slightly better for me than the 6am alarm clock thing.

6pm Tuesday works better for me than trying to start at midnight.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013, 09:03:39 AM

Super, see you then.

schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 15, 2013, 06:04:39 PM

luckton, i've moved but have no net till the 23rd.  i'm going to shop for a dongle today, if there's a prepaid one which isn't too exxy i'll pick it up and should be free to play you today/tomorrow as per our original plan.

Goodluck *hangs up*.

*Should be working*
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #69 on: April 15, 2013, 06:11:47 PM

Wrestlers 0 - Hippies 6

This game went pretty much entirely as expected.

The funny thing was because I was 2 ogres down, I was the one with inducements.
This was very weird.
I ended up going with 2 more re-rolls for a total of 7.
Good thing too because Nuffle loves my games  swamp poop
You know it's bad when even your opponent is commenting on how bad your rolls are.

Game was fun but it was mainly me trying to stall Teleku, which was successful.
He didn't beat my record of 7 goals scored against me.

I need to find some way to teach my team to do more damage.
It would have been a very different game if the ball ever landed close to my line.
Damn kickers :P

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh!  
Jump to: