Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:28:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh!  (Read 25024 times)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 06:14:25 AM

Knights of Codexia 2-1 over 8 Eyes. It felt more like a 3-0 game though, with rk rolling 35 successful blocks to my 15 (65% to 45% despite being on slightly fewer average block dice, thanks to lots of block and frenzy). My one score was a bullshit troll throw that came out of nowhere. I had 7 red crosses floating over my team by the end of the game.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 06:20:13 AM

It was a pretty brutal match up with only 3 bribes and Morg N Thorg to help willisterman against a massive guard disadvantage and plenty of line zombies to tie up the big hitters. I was lucky that Willster didn't use break tackle more often and nuffle kept giving Will the finger with both down/ skulls for the deathroller. Hopefully with more time Keep Rolling will be as hated as Ingmar's Beardstorm was.  ACK! DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:28:52 AM by Llyse »
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:30 AM

I made a few silly mistakes with that one (Trying to frenzy a stand firm player off the pitch... twice), and the range of skills in Llyse's team just made fighting it a bugger.  I did forget I had break tackle for so so long though, which would have helped move my deathroller around a bit more.  But he was a bit of a liability in that fight just with the amount of skills he was up against, caused two or three turnovers with loner.

Not a fun match, I was totally out played :p
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:14:43 AM by willisterman »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 07:25:22 AM

Llyse has one of the roughest teams to play against in the league.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 05:38:27 PM

Ermine Vermin - 5
Zellar Dwellerz - 1

First half I was worried despite being 2-0 up, as I was also 6 men down and bleeding, then Haemish failed a GFI to score on turn 8, and things went downhill from there.

Probably had my favourite one turner ever, scoring my third in one turn despite a blitz! kick off.

Pretty sure this guarantees the Vermin the Hail Ceasar title, Haemish and Ruvaldt can catch me on points, but lose out on H2H.

Tale of the tape:

Vermin

43/51 Dodges
6/23 Blocks
9/10 Pickups
19/23 GFI

DwellerZ

10/15 Dodges
25/53 Blocks
7/14 Pickups
1/2 GFI
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:48:57 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #75 on: April 16, 2013, 05:48:16 PM

Ermine Vermin 5 - Zellar Dwellerz 1

The score does not accurately reflect what happened in this game. First off, the rats I had on the pitch were out for BLOOD after the last game. I inflicted 4 injuries on the opposing rats, 2 of them nagging issues that will likely cause the recipients to miss the next game. I had one KO inflicted on me the whole game and I apothed out of it. Eldaec scored on his FIRST FUCKING TURN which would unfortunately be a recurring theme throughout the game. Whenever I think he can't possibly score, a gutter runner would dodge and make it half the length of the pitch in one go. Even still, I had a chance to whittle the lead down to 2-1 at the half. Gutter runner with the ball after some juking and blitzing to get it only needs to make one goddamn GFI to score and....

TRIP. Half over, 2-0 to the other rats.

The other recurring theme appeared to be the inability of any of my players to actually pick up the fucking ball. My level 1 thrower with sure hands failed 4 goddamn pickup rolls, as well as dropping a handoff in our end that resulted in a TD for my opponent the next turn. The worst part was that little bitch scored my only TD and leveled. I want to fire him into the sun. My pickup dice were 50%... a total tossup.

All of the scores against me were insanely quick strikes on situations I thought I had surrounded. Not having my stormvermin or my rat ogre and having a loner gutter runner didn't seem to matter much though I think had I had the team I had before getting assassinated by Ruvaldt last week, I might have put up a better showing. 

I was 50% on armor rolls to his 20%. Apparently he brought cheesecloth instead of pads. Block dice was 47% - 26% in my favor but neither of us lost a turnover on block dice.

Danicia
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 16, 2013, 05:52:39 PM

Danicia, I will certainly try to hit you on the weekend. You are on US time, right? East coast or West coast?

Doh, I missed this message. I am Pacific time, -8 GMT. Outside of a job interview and a grocery run, I'm at the house all the time this week.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #77 on: April 18, 2013, 02:29:37 AM

In the Amazon Steamroller Derby, The Bell Jar Utd. defeated The BioLab Sea Bears troop with a safe 3-0. It was a spectacular match though, lots of flailing and tossing, and some smashed skulls and murdered lives (on her side). Wheee Amazons.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #78 on: April 18, 2013, 11:00:45 AM

One more game to go and then we're on the last day of the regular season.

Luckton vs ChiefTripodBear, any news on this fixture yet?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Danicia
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 11:37:11 AM

In the Amazon Steamroller Derby, The Bell Jar Utd. defeated The BioLab Sea Bears troop with a safe 3-0. It was a spectacular match though, lots of flailing and tossing, and some smashed skulls and murdered lives (on her side). Wheee Amazons.

Even with all the smashing and murdering, this was my most fun match so far. It was great playing against Amazons because I got to see how someone *else* plays them, and if any of my strategies are sound. I think some were, and might have succeed if it weren't for that stupid skull dice. *shakes fist*
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 18, 2013, 11:50:47 AM

One more game to go and then we're on the last day of the regular season.

Luckton vs ChiefTripodBear, any news on this fixture yet?

CTB moved over the weekend.  Was tentatively trying to get it done today or yesterday, but I have not seen him online.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 01:41:35 PM

If we could get that last game done in time for the weekend, that would be extremely helpful.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 18, 2013, 01:45:36 PM

I'm working tonight from 5 to 9ish.  May be able to get it done when I get home if CTB's online.  Otherwise we'll have to shoot for tomorrow evening when I get off at my other job after 5. 

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 18, 2013, 03:23:14 PM

Advance warning I'm away from sat 27th to sun 5th.

Only really going to be a headache if this day overruns.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 18, 2013, 04:10:22 PM

Guys,

No net until Tuesday.  My ISP is balls.

If I'm lucky and finish buying a couple of things for the move and baby, I'll have a couple of hours at Reborne's place and might be able to squeeze a game; Luckton that'd potentially be 3pm-5pm +10gmt (edit: that's tomorrow i'm talking about).

I doubt this is going to work however, best laid plans and all.  Iain, happy to forfeit this one in the interests of moving the league forward, Luckton just doesn't get bags of SPP off me!!

*Should be working*
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #85 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:30 PM

Let's see if you get it done tomorrow. We've not had to forfeit any games yet and I'd rather not do it now if it can be avoided.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #86 on: April 18, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

In particular a forfeit in this match would have a very significant effect on the playoff race in that division.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 07:23:46 PM

3-5 +10 GMT is midnight to 2AM for me.  Unfortunately this is my long work weekend of 5AM-5PM Fri/Sat/Sun.  Last weekend was my off time.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #88 on: April 18, 2013, 08:57:45 PM

After the warm up and the Avatar change I demand this game gets played!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 19, 2013, 04:32:04 PM

I'm off work tonight, and I'm calling off work tomorrow for other reasons.  As a result, I'm available tonight and tomorrow to get this done.  I sent a message to CTB via Steam, but he was offline.

Edit: He's online.  Match is commencing!

Edit edit: NOW BROADCASTING LIVE ON BBMANAGER!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:49:00 PM by luckton »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 19, 2013, 06:03:29 PM

And done.  Daughter rescued.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The orcs brought in the heavy muscle of both their star BOB and star Ogre players, along with a wizard and a keg of beer.  However, none of that would have changed the outcome of the first kick-off event that would have the crowd Badly Injuring a regular BOB off the pitch with a well placed rock to the head.  Aside from the fan-intervention, the Crew made pretty quick work getting the blocks in where needed, but only managing to injure two more off the pitch without any permanent injuries.  For the orc's part, they played a good bash game with their star players leading the charge, delivering KOs left and right, esp. near the end of the match.  In the end though, the Crew's seasoned skills overcame the orc's might, with a magnificent domino block play on turn 16 to clear a Runner in for the final TD.  Said Runner was promoted to level 4 post-match, and now sports Dive Tackle to make his harassment ability even more powerful.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 07:51:05 PM by luckton »

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 6: The End is Nigh!  
Jump to: