Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:51:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: 1.0.8 - More bullshit, no itemization fixes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.0.8 - More bullshit, no itemization fixes  (Read 47514 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 16, 2013, 02:56:25 AM

Has he ever got this excited about anything and not ended up the same ?

This may end up collecting dust next to his twitch SWG edition and his copy of I AM LEGEND.

ACK!

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #71 on: May 16, 2013, 06:14:00 AM

If I don't like Hex, I might as well sell all of my Magic cards and buy a boat and get lost in the ocean.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 16, 2013, 06:20:33 AM

Coming to theaters - Life of Schild
Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 16, 2013, 06:21:12 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #74 on: May 16, 2013, 06:25:51 AM

awesome, for real

If schild ends up not liking Hex, I agree that he should just get out of the entire CCG genre.  And I haven't even played it yet.  But really, when was the last time ANYONE got super-excited about a game and wasn't disappointed?  Other than when I was ready to joy-puke over Borderlands 2, because that worked out for me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 16, 2013, 06:32:30 AM

I see schild IRL quite often and he only gets this excited about good pizza and Vin Diesel movies.
schild
Administrator

Reply #76 on: May 16, 2013, 06:33:07 AM

I was super excited about Demon's Souls.

And I was right to be.

That's the last game I got super excited about.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #77 on: May 16, 2013, 06:41:56 AM

Ah, yeah, that's right.  Anyway, I'm sure you know what you are talking about.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #78 on: May 16, 2013, 11:09:56 AM

I like games that I'm excited about all the time, but I still have joy in my heart.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 16, 2013, 11:17:22 AM

but I still have joy in my heart.

Lies!

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #80 on: May 16, 2013, 02:35:46 PM

He lives his life a quarter deck at a time.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #81 on: May 16, 2013, 04:24:55 PM

Well I hit a billion gold today.

It's worth about $35 on the RMAH now, tho with inflation.  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #82 on: May 16, 2013, 04:35:44 PM

The most unforseen of all events. Ohhhhh, I see.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #83 on: May 16, 2013, 04:37:02 PM

The most unforseen of all events. Ohhhhh, I see.

That's why I'm using it to buy more stuff. Soon I'll have a barb that can do MP10. I'm on 6.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #84 on: May 16, 2013, 05:32:55 PM

I like the cut of your jib, Sarh.

Hex should be fine.  The only risk is shitty software.  And Wizards is way ahead of them there.  And shitty security.  That could be very bad.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 02, 2013, 08:03:08 AM

Hex is shitting up more threads! Yay!

I played D3 for the first time in almost a year, I guess. What I found is that the gear my 60s are wearing can be replaced with far far far better gear for 50k or less, which is a lot better than the million each piece would have cost when I quit playing. So the gear inflation thing is weird. Top tier best in slot items goes for trillions but better gear than was available is affordable. So inflation doesn't seem to matter too much to just play through the Acts?

Inferno seems easier than when I last played, as well, but then I'm not in Act 3 yet so we'll see. My witch doctor seems to be beefed up a bit as well. As I recall, I could not get very far.

I have no idea what anything should cost on the AH or even what is considered good anymore.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 02, 2013, 05:33:09 PM

I just got the urge myself recently. Yes, gear inflation is major. What was once godly, best in slot type gear can be had for a few hundred thousand gold.

If you want to catch up on the changes here is a article that goes over some highlights. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9691898/diablo-iii-the-road-so-far-5-16-2013

Worth mentioning, is that WD pets no-longer suck and die in a couple hits.

I have no idea what anything should cost on the AH or even what is considered good anymore.

As far as gear goes. The best items are now Legendary/Set. This is because most now receive some kind of baseline stats the make them good to begin, and beyond the built in bonus they can roll good affixes just like rares.

A good example is Zunimassa's Marrow.
---
Set Chest Armor
+120–200 Intelligence
+30–100 Vitality
+71–80 Resistance to All Elements
+3 Empty Sockets
+2 Random Magic Properties

The base item is already better than 95% of the old rares we used a year ago. Then you can roll 2 more affixes on top of that. Uniques of this sort dominate every slot except gloves, bracers, weapons and jewelry, and you can get good examples for a couple hundred thousand. It's so bad I have stopped picking up rares except weapons and rings/amulets.

Another reason I stopped picking up rares is that once you have some gold to burn new recipes exist that give a guaranteed 200-230 of your main stat plus 5 random affixes for gloves, bracers, shoulders, neck, and chest (but don't craft chest armor).  The 200+ of the main stat make them better then anything that can drop. I have already made shoulders and bracers that are better than anything I could reasonably afford on the AH in about 10 tries each (A try costs a demonic essence that drops of inferno elites and about 75k gold, or some mats).

The next big patch is supposed to be the "itemization" patch that fixes the current clusterfuck of everyone using the same exact gear and 99% of all drops not even being worth picking up. In the meantime, go beat inferno, get some crazy ass gear on the AH for a pittance, and level up any classes you had been neglecting. I personally finally finished leveling my wizard and in the space of two weeks and 20-25 hours it has done from a fresh 60 to my new main. With Paragon 30, 200k dps, and an OP perma archon build that melts faces.

Fake Edit: The single biggest tip I can give you is if you are going to use the AH is sort by ending time and just bid on stuff that's ending soon. I have gotten gear worth millions for 5-10% of the cost again and again. If you want you can even be like Paelos Top Hat Monkey, and make billions doing so.

Real Edit: I am no Alkaizer. But if you have any questions feel free to ask here or on Diablo. I'm Ray#1555
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:37:12 PM by Ragnoros »

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #87 on: June 02, 2013, 05:56:32 PM

Playing the AH by bids is a good way. My recent niche has hit the skids, but I also recommend finding a particular item with 3-4 skills that sell, then see if there's some major gaps at a certain stat cutoff. Then you can fill that gap with the lower items by increasing them 35-50%.

Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #88 on: June 02, 2013, 07:52:19 PM

Want to echo that I've found the new crafted archon gear to be amazing as well, recommend to make those with the new Demonic Essences. My friends and I couldn't get past inferno when the game first came out, now thanks to crafted gear and auction house being incredibly cheap, we're running though monster power 5. Also: the new hellfire ring you can create with the infernal machine has no level requirement, +35% exp makes it great for alts.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 03, 2013, 04:26:29 AM

It's the AH, Stupid.

This game is broken, and always will be broken, because of the AH.  There is simply no way of ever getting around that.

If the loot drops are right for the game, they're wrong for the AH.  If they're right for the AH, they make a mockery of the game.

I've been playing a little bit lately off and on and it's quite clear what went wrong :  Exactly what we all said would go wrong.   Not having 2 versions of this made it utterly inevitable.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #90 on: June 03, 2013, 06:40:54 AM

I disagree. The problem with loot as it stands isn't the AH. It's the fact that it has so many useless affixes that will never be good no matter how big they are.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 03, 2013, 07:03:50 AM

Ach, never mind.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 03, 2013, 07:55:59 AM

I'm with Ironwood. Every time someone talks about getting back into D3 it starts with "I bought all these upgrades" and I just roll my eyes. This is not what I'm looking for in an ARPG.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 08:13:34 AM

I'm with Ironwood. Every time someone talks about getting back into D3 it starts with "I bought all these upgrades" and I just roll my eyes. This is not what I'm looking for in an ARPG.

I haven't played the game in a year. Loot drops have changed significantly in that time. I could have started with a low level to see what has changed and whether it's viable to play through only on drops; I assume that would be different now as well.

So I don't know if it's still broken in that sense or not. Since I got stuck in Act I Inferno with my current gear on my witch doctor, I suppose I could have gone back to farm Act IV hell to see if I could get drops to wear, but I didn't want to repeat that, since I spent a week or so doing that last July (to no avail).

If you haven't tried it lately, I think you ought to give it a go. I did notice that mob density is very different than it was.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 09:06:58 AM

I've been playing it recently.  Started my WD again last week.

It hasn't changed that much.  It's better, but 99.99 percent of the items are still vendor shite and the others aren't much better.  As ever, you get your gear from crowdsourcing :  Hit the AH and I'm finding I'm doing the damage of a level 45 at level 20 and clearing the whole shit up in seconds on MP 5.

It's a bit of a joke.  I'm having some fun doing so, but it's quite clear the whole things massively broken and will suck nuts once I get this guy up to 60 too.

It's just never been a good game.  Sorry.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:48 AM

Although, anyone who's on and has me in the friends list, feel free to send me all your fucking gold.

Ta.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 03, 2013, 09:53:43 AM

99% of the loot in Diablo has always been crap.  The difference is that before the AH you used some of the less crappy crap because it was harder to get decent loot via other players.  It also puts right front and center just HOW crappy the crap loot is because the good loot is so easy to look at.  A far bigger issue to me is that the itemization is just terrible.  They could remove everything except average damage, crit chance, crit damage, attack speed and base stats from the game and the loot people use wouldn't change at all.

I guess it also makes twinking easier, but I always twinked in D2 as well so this doesn't strike me as having a lot to do with the AH other than it, again, being easier than it used to.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 10:26:34 AM

Has it always been crap, or just Crap for the particular build you were going for?

Which is the argument I've seen most often. You have ONE WAY to build in D3, meaning only a fraction of a fraction of loot can EVER be good, not just for that particular build.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 10:34:11 AM

Has it always been crap, or just Crap for the particular build you were going for?

Which is the argument I've seen most often. You have ONE WAY to build in D3, meaning only a fraction of a fraction of loot can EVER be good, not just for that particular build.

Most of the loot was crap no matter what you were doing.  The fact that the current itemization is terrible and only supports a limited set of builds is pretty much the exact problem I mentioned.  How many countless blue and yellow items were vendored in Diablo 2 because they were junk.  I mean REALLY almost all of them.  The unique item itemization and design was far superior in Diablo 2, but pretty much everyone acknowledges that, including the Diablo 3 design team at this point. 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:35 AM

Facepalm

Malakili, mate, I'm not doing this with you in ANOTHER thread.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: June 03, 2013, 11:47:27 AM

Facepalm

Malakili, mate, I'm not doing this with you in ANOTHER thread.

I'm sorry you didn't realize you could trade for good loot in Diablo 2 and the most of the stuff you were (apparently) using was actually trash.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #101 on: June 03, 2013, 11:49:21 AM

Whether or not you believe the AH raped the game, it's still not enemy #1 that people want it to be.

The enemy is that they designed the game so that only 3 affixes (attack speed, crit chance, crit damage) were the main drivers of all your damage, and thus having any of those or all of them on a particular item made it great, regardless of class.

That's dumb, and that's what's caused the bottleneck and inflation in items, because so many of them are wanted for the exact same combination of skills. Find anything with anything else on it? It's crap.

The ideal goal of the itemization would be to make items that would be useful across different builds for different characters, and then have varying degrees where you could play completely independent of the AH if you so chose. Then only the min-max people looking to combine the very top end of stuff would be trading the best items. Right now, with a main stat, vitality, all resist, and the 3 damage trinity? You have zero flexibility.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 03, 2013, 11:58:54 AM

Whether or not you believe the AH raped the game, it's still not enemy #1 that people want it to be.

The enemy is that they designed the game so that only 3 affixes (attack speed, crit chance, crit damage) were the main drivers of all your damage, and thus having any of those or all of them on a particular item made it great, regardless of class.

That's dumb, and that's what's caused the bottleneck and inflation in items, because so many of them are wanted for the exact same combination of skills. Find anything with anything else on it? It's crap.

The ideal goal of the itemization would be to make items that would be useful across different builds for different characters, and then have varying degrees where you could play completely independent of the AH if you so chose. Then only the min-max people looking to combine the very top end of stuff would be trading the best items. Right now, with a main stat, vitality, all resist, and the 3 damage trinity? You have zero flexibility.

Yep.  I wouldn't mind seeing them modify a lot of the less used skills in the game to include bonuses from the less important affixes.  Like Fan of Knives getting an increased radius based on your +pickup radius on items or Shuriken doing increased damage based on thorns, and so forth.  You could end up with a lot of interesting builds and ways to gear this way without even having to drastically change the loot.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 03, 2013, 12:17:59 PM

Not to start up the same old argument but... I'm sorry you don't realize that some people like playing Diablo (all the versions) as freaking single players games.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 03, 2013, 12:24:39 PM

Not to start up the same old argument but... I'm sorry you don't realize that some people like playing Diablo (all the versions) as freaking single players games.

So here's the thing.  Either they are deliberately making the drops worse to force you to the AH - which I flat don't think is true OR you can still play single player by just ignoring the AH.  I think the latter is true.  I have a self found Hardcore character, for example.  It is viable.  It is not ideal, but playing single player was never idea if you are power gaming and care that much about optimization.  I don't really have sympathy for "There are cheap upgrades easily available to me via the auction house and therefore the game sucks."  Especially because it detracts from the real major issues with itemization - namely the one Paelos just described.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:26:28 PM by Malakili »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: 1.0.8 - More bullshit, no itemization fixes  
Jump to: