Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  (Read 149428 times)
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: August 16, 2015, 10:27:24 AM

But can I run a tavern? And breed horses?

Only in Star Citizen
Can I build a feta-pult?

How much is it worth to you to be able to do so?
I dunno, maybe I can con talk some suckers backers in to ponying up another 5k each?

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #421 on: August 26, 2015, 06:11:46 AM

KS for the sequel is up.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

Looks pretty awesome 4 player, if we could ever coordinate multiplayer outside of Blood Bowl here  why so serious?
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #422 on: August 26, 2015, 06:19:53 AM

Divinity 2 Kickstarter is live.

It's basically a pre-order: 25 USD for the game (plus alpha/beta builds, but I wont spoiler myself with those).

Seems fine to me really.

Edit: When I started composing this post Sky's one wasn't there yet...

Edit 2: Re multi-player, this seems worth pointing out [emphasis mine]:

In multiplayer, up to 4 players can play together, either cooperatively or competitively.

During competitive questing, you’ll pursue different plot-lines from other players, often because your personal motivations are in conflict with those of the party.

There's no obligation to compete, of course. Many party members will manage to balance their own interests with those of the party. Should you find yourself in conflict, know that it's always possible to make up afterwards. 

The important thing here is that it's you who gets to make that choice.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:25:16 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: August 26, 2015, 03:46:07 PM

I don't have the first one so I went with the $50 tier that gets you both games for essentially $25 each.  Not bad considering D:OS is still selling for around $40 and we're getting the enhanced version (hopefully meaning with all the DLC included) of the game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #424 on: August 26, 2015, 05:48:34 PM

Sequel does not belong on Kickstarter. Fuck them.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: August 27, 2015, 02:02:27 AM

At least they didn't move to the retarded Fig platform. For that alone they deserved my money.

Also, quite some RPGs on Kickstarter are sequel of sorts, don't have a problem with that approach.
WayAbvPar

Reply #426 on: September 01, 2015, 11:03:23 AM

Tempted by the $50 pledge to get the original and this one. Will I have to wait until this is released to get the first one if I do?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: September 01, 2015, 01:01:23 PM

Doubtful. Larian is awesome and more developers should be like them.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: September 01, 2015, 01:56:48 PM

Tempted by the $50 pledge to get the original and this one. Will I have to wait until this is released to get the first one if I do?

Go ahead and get it.  smiley

WayAbvPar

Reply #429 on: September 01, 2015, 01:57:26 PM

Damn now I am running out of excuses.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: September 29, 2015, 05:04:41 PM

This suggestion made me snicker:

A tad unlikely maybe, but oh God, an Obsidian-Larian game. *drools*  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Did I call it or what?  *smug grin*  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1363117

Reads like the will be only responsible for (some of?) the origin stories. But nevertheless... Can only be good.  Heart Heart

Aside from that, 12 hours left on Kickstarter. So they are doing a 24 hour Twitch stream

Oh...and they very close to the last stretch goal, Dungeon/Game Master

Quote from: Larian Studios
With GM mode, you’ll be able to craft your own dungeons and then control them as your friends play through them, placing enemies on the fly, manipulating the environment, and doing everything you can to screw them over. (Or give them an in-depth, personalised gaming experience. If you’re one of these “reasonable” people.)

I like!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:06:42 PM by calapine »

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: October 21, 2015, 07:38:12 AM

Larian released a new update on the original game of the Original Sin game series. Short video showing the difference between the original Original Sin and Enhanced Original Sin.

DOS:EE - Before & After Enhancing
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:41:09 AM by calapine »

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #432 on: October 21, 2015, 10:03:11 PM

Looks like a ton of nice improvements.

A news post on the D:OS Steam Store page says that if you purchased D:OS you'll get D:OS:EE for free (as a separate item in your Steam Library) when it launches.  Yay.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:40 AM

Looks like a ton of nice improvements.

A news post on the D:OS Steam Store page says that if you purchased D:OS you'll get D:OS:EE for free (as a separate item in your Steam Library) when it launches.  Yay.
Double Yay!

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: October 22, 2015, 07:44:54 PM

Sweet, I like how they have a hard mode with a refined skill system, I look forward to playing it again.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: October 23, 2015, 05:31:30 AM

I could never get too far into D:OS because I kept feeling overwhelmed by the skill system and afraid that I was fucking up a character. Here's hoping refined skills help with that a bit.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #436 on: October 27, 2015, 07:42:26 PM

This became available today. Looking forward to giving it another go with the wife with the new 'Explorer' difficulty setting. We gave up on the last run because shit just took forever, everything else we liked. I know the tactics are one of the cool things about this game but I could care less, just want to play through the story and see what there is to see. Anyway... free for those of us that already purchased is the right price for me to check what they've changed up.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #437 on: October 28, 2015, 04:20:55 AM

Still no increased combat speed toggle and the annoyance of having only one hot bar on display.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: October 28, 2015, 05:04:41 AM

It probably goes without saying, but the controller UI (which is what the game defaults to if you happen to have one plugged in already) is terrible.

Everything feels so kludgy, and it lacks basic functionality console RPGs (both Western and Eastern) have had for many years, such as being able to use shoulder buttons to tab between party members when you have something a paperdoll or skill list open.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #439 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:13 AM

Ah well. I was interested in checking it out co-op on the big screen with 2 controllers, sounds like we'll just stick to playing on the PCs. My wife was bugging me to find a game we can play together again and requested I reinstall Neverwinter Nights. I figured this EE was a more interesting option at this point.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: October 28, 2015, 02:21:44 PM

It's possibly fine with two people, as that's what the controller UI was designed for, but trying to control 2-4 characters with a single pad is kind of nightmarish.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: October 29, 2015, 08:31:53 PM

I've been playing this, and it is noticeably more awesome (I'm not even to the lighthouse yet). Some of the skill changes alone are pretty nice and in turn buffed some of the previously "weaker" class types, and the changes to skills being both level and mastery based instead of just level based is a good change. Every encounter vs intended enemies (and not just my guard killing for the free xp) has been different with new enemies popping in.

I still don't like the crafting in this game. There are too few ability points and the crafting UI (which does make crafting nicer) is still lacking. 

But yeah, here's the changelog, which is pretty impressive:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572102
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: November 10, 2015, 03:45:52 PM

Been playing this recently and while I'm only in the first area still the game does feel more polished than last time around. However second area is where it fell apart for me last times, so not sure yet. Arhu is now more clearly a furry creep, though...

Also I am sick to death of RPGs with superhero storylines. Why can't we have a good old fashioned "you gotta kill a big fucking dragon" and not the "weaver of time" blah blah crap. At least save that shit for the end when I've already mentally checked out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:49:13 PM by lamaros »
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: November 16, 2015, 12:41:24 PM

OK, so it appears that I am terrible at these sorts of games.

Esmerelda is dead, the grave digger is dead, the Mortician is dead, even the dog at the graveyard is dead... I had to blow-up a suspect's house because hers was the only one left...and that's me playing as a friendly "what's all this then" sort of constable.

Naturally I hate the whole first murder mystery part... once I made it into the creepy outdoors, my natural talents for friendly death and destruction seemed much better suited to everyone's objectives.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: November 16, 2015, 12:46:04 PM

Also I am sick to death of RPGs with superhero storylines. Why can't we have a good old fashioned "you gotta kill a big fucking dragon" and not the "weaver of time" blah blah crap. At least save that shit for the end when I've already mentally checked out.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: November 16, 2015, 01:51:45 PM

I know, but its the journey...
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: February 10, 2016, 11:36:55 AM

New Kickstarter update for Divinity 2: I am a Youtube video!

The gist is that they have a new composer as the one who was responsible for all their previous games (Kirill Pokrovsky) died.

That's the new guy:

As seen his OST resume is Crysis 2 + 3, Two Worlds II, Ryse and work on Gothic 3 and Risen.

Haven't played any that selection myself...is he good?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #447 on: February 10, 2016, 12:09:24 PM

Not to speak ill of the dead, but I didn't particularly enjoy a majority of D:OS's soundtrack.  Some of the battle music was just plain annoying.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: February 10, 2016, 12:18:20 PM

I liked the new guy's work on the Gothic/Risen stuff. Probably a bit more than Kirill's stuff. Neither up to Witcher 3 levels imo.
schild
Administrator

Reply #449 on: February 11, 2016, 09:50:48 AM

Divinity: Original Sin surely made enough money they didn't need to do a kickstarter again. This is a case where the powers that be at KS should call shenanigans, you are now a well-funded business, get the fuck outta here (but then their paycheck goes away, oh noooooo).

I turned the music off in Original Sin. And almost every other RPG since the SNES/Black Isle days (where it's an option).
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: February 11, 2016, 12:45:40 PM

Divinity: Original Sin surely made enough money they didn't need to do a kickstarter again. This is a case where the powers that be at KS should call shenanigans, you are now a well-funded business, get the fuck outta here (but then their paycheck goes away, oh noooooo).

I turned the music off in Original Sin. And almost every other RPG since the SNES/Black Isle days (where it's an option).
You probably don't know this but here we go again; Larian Studio originally said that they wouldn't use kickstarter for Divinity: Origin Sin 2. Fans complained about it and said that they wanted them to do a kickstarter for the sequel, they listened to the people complaining and went to kickstarter even though they didn't have to.

Should you listen to fans that wants to throw money at you or should you ignore them in favor of people that can still purchase it the regular way?

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #451 on: February 11, 2016, 01:11:17 PM

I liked the kickstarter because I managed to pick up both the first game and the sequel at discounted rates.  Pretty much the best pre-order I could ask for.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #452 on: February 12, 2016, 04:55:08 AM

How does doing a kickstarter in any way impact people who want to buy it the traditional way?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: September 15, 2016, 01:58:39 PM

KS for the sequel is up.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2

Looks pretty awesome 4 player, if we could ever coordinate multiplayer outside of Blood Bowl here  why so serious?

An update, this is now available on Steam as an early access game.  I generally don't care for EA but these guys have a proven track record so I'm not too worried about them screwing it up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/435150/
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: May 24, 2017, 12:30:10 PM

Divinity Original Sin 2 will be released on 14th September.

My birthday! The game is going to be good. Heart

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  
Jump to: