Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:18:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  (Read 149438 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: July 22, 2014, 04:40:53 AM

3 of my characters are empty and one is pretty much humping EVERYTHING.  It's kinda funny.  I do tend to clear out after every dungeon like an OCD obsessed asshole though.

I've also found little to no use for the 'Send to HomeHearth' button.  It might be different if I could reaccess it easily...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #281 on: July 22, 2014, 05:03:46 AM

Yeah, the "this is not my chest, therefore I can't open it" that's built for multiplayer really hampers you in single player.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: July 22, 2014, 05:28:14 AM

Wait

Christ, that's rather nice, if true.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #283 on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:42 AM

Yeah, sometimes it's a common problem with this kind of RPGs (especially the less balanced RPGs of the past): accumulation of resources (gold, items or whatever) or unbalances in the late game.

For example, in Baldur's Gate 1, I dumped all the money I had before the last fight in potions and piercing arrows, so the enounter was quite easy considering how overpowered archers were; Same with the original Divine Divinity. I'm (AT LAST!!!) almost done with it, but I have a shit-ton of stuff that is just laying in a chest and will never be used.
---

By the way, speaking of Divine Divinity (the 2002 one), I have a spare code, and giving it away for free thanks to my D:OS KS collector's edition.

Who wants it?  QUICK!!!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
(your mileage may vary, but expect a min. 35-40 hrs long game if you rush through it, but more likely around 60-80, if not more)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:37:07 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: July 22, 2014, 06:14:33 AM

ME !

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #285 on: July 22, 2014, 06:36:14 AM

Ok  DRILLING AND MANLINESS...For all the others, DON'T DESPAIR  why so serious?

Beside Steam, GOG often discounts all the series titles as well.

You can also purchase them on Larian Vault, including the Divine Anthology (Divinity, Beyond, D2 Developer's Cut, which includes the expansion; box version is sold out, at the moment) for $19.99:

https://www.larianvault.com/index.php
http://www.divinityanthology.com/games.php

Now, with all the games coming out, digital platform discounts and whatnot, it makes sense to wait, but one thing is for sure: you'll get an above average (to say the least) hrs played/money spent ratio  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #286 on: July 22, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Wait

Christ, that's rather nice, if true.

Uhh, they're one shot.  But they restock every time you level.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: July 22, 2014, 03:16:38 PM

Head scratch

ooookay.

So, read both once per char then ?  Or... or what ?

( I Hope I've Not Just Wasted Mine on Doofus.)

Rasix

Reply #288 on: July 22, 2014, 03:55:20 PM

One use total.  1 ability point, 3 skill points.  I'm not sure if they restock when anyone levels or just when one or both mains do.  Needs more testing.

Skill points are really the thing you never have enough of.  I'd make sure to buy that one every chance you get.

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #289 on: July 22, 2014, 04:12:12 PM

3 of my characters are empty and one is pretty much humping EVERYTHING.  It's kinda funny.  I do tend to clear out after every dungeon like an OCD obsessed asshole though.

I've also found little to no use for the 'Send to HomeHearth' button.  It might be different if I could reaccess it easily...

Sir. we found a barrel. It's full of oil.
Send it to the homestead.
Another barrel it's full of go-
Send it to the homestead.
It's another bar-
SEND ALL BARREL TO HOMESTEAD.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rasix

Reply #290 on: July 22, 2014, 04:42:44 PM

I'm also finding that Teleport is getting less useful at ~13. Mobs just aren't taking as much damage when thrown, and one guy took a whole 9 points off his 1000 point HP bar, so that's fairly useless.

At 19 it's still doing roughly 300-400 damage.

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: July 22, 2014, 04:46:34 PM

Drop people on other people for AOE dmg.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: July 22, 2014, 05:01:22 PM

My biggest problem right now is finding someone with enough cash to take all the things I want to dump off.  Skillbooks are a great expendeture, but I'm still at 80-90% carrying capacity on all my characters because vendors have so little cash.  RPG problems.

I don't know how far in you are but I find that named Immaculates tend to have a ton of gold each. You may need to Charm/Reason/Intimidate them before you can trade, but you can always kill them afterwards, or not, it's up to you.

There's also a vendor at the start of Act III who pretty much cleaned me out of tradeable items and some gold, his stock was so good.

Still having lots of fun with this game, although their inclusion of "hunt the tiny hidden switch to proceed" type puzzles is irking me a bit  Ohhhhh, I see.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Rasix

Reply #293 on: July 22, 2014, 11:17:14 PM

Beat it.  Last fight is a slog.  Holy shit.  My Madora had a base 14% chance to hit the last boss.  awesome, for real  Good thing my indestructible, sword/board warrior could just face tank it while everyone else busied themselves with the trash.  Miniboss was kind of a joke.

More thoughts later, perhaps.

-Rasix
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #294 on: July 23, 2014, 07:30:50 AM

I thought they patched out being able to buy the Attribute and Skill Point books every level?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: July 23, 2014, 08:32:39 AM

Maybe they did.

Rasix

Reply #296 on: July 23, 2014, 09:06:32 AM

Vendors restock when you level.  I didn't have any problems buying the skill/attribute books from like 15-20.   They were always single use as I was playing through.   If they patched it out in the last day, I wouldn't know.  The last fight took about an hour yesterday.  
Ohh, I see:

-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

Hmm.  I could have sworn my is all patched up (checked, it is).  Maybe only on a new save game?  

Still having lots of fun with this game, although their inclusion of "hunt the tiny hidden switch to proceed" type puzzles is irking me a bit  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'd say a majority of the time I'm just stuck in a room, it's because I can't see the tiny switch or lever in the grass until Google tells me exactly where it is. I really wish that crap (and chests) would show up when you hold ALT as long as you've passed a perception check and have been by the button.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:18:29 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #297 on: July 23, 2014, 09:15:40 AM

They do work on perception check, but the killer is that perception checks don't re-check.  I know this because when you free the pig in Hiberhelm and he tells you about the buried mounds, I failed 2 perception checks and never found the mound when the pig said, "DIG HERE."  I still can't find them to dig them up now that I've got a guy with PER 10.

I'm relatively certain they highlight because the buttons in the church at Cyrax lit up for me when holding alt.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: July 23, 2014, 09:28:49 AM

I'm kinda dragged around in co-op most of the time.
I hate the game post Cyseal.
So I usually just let my co-op partner take the lead and I click on the pyramid every 10-15 seconds to stay where the action is.
Also another friend played and shared a joke over steam.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #299 on: July 25, 2014, 06:19:51 AM

I checked and was able to repurchase the Attribute and Skill Point books, so even though they said they were going to patch that out, it looks like they haven't.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: July 25, 2014, 10:26:37 AM

I checked and was able to repurchase the Attribute and Skill Point books, so even though they said they were going to patch that out, it looks like they haven't.

Hah. I held back and didn't do it XD tooo easy.
Goddamn all the resist are max at lvl 15ish.
It feels wrong.

Also, this game takes a turn for grimdark midway when I fireballed rat in town for 90XP
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:35:50 AM by rk47 »

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #301 on: July 25, 2014, 12:17:36 PM

wtf?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #302 on: July 25, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

Curious what you're doing to max resists.  Spells or equipment?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: July 25, 2014, 03:22:52 PM

Curious what you're doing to max resists.  Spells or equipment?

Essences. I think you need crafting for this. Fire gives fire resist etc. So if you boost your defensive gears you get a ton of resists.
Also, rubies is auto +20 to all. Experiment a bit.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: July 26, 2014, 11:27:46 AM

Jesus, I'm terrible at this game.  Was looking for a break from the in-town stuff, so I took my 4 level 3 dudes out and ran outside to poke around.  Ran into a group of 6 level 3 undead.  10 reloads later....

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: July 26, 2014, 09:34:58 PM

Jesus, I'm terrible at this game.  Was looking for a break from the in-town stuff, so I took my 4 level 3 dudes out and ran outside to poke around.  Ran into a group of 6 level 3 undead.  10 reloads later....

You're probably thinking of doing the classic DND whack and win right?
Try to play with the environmental effect.

See those water barrels? Break it, then electrocute it.
Sending a lone fighter to melee is probably going to just end in misery. If things too crazy, you can easily lure them back to the guards., the North Western Cyseal has no gate. :)

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: July 27, 2014, 08:35:42 AM

That was definitely part of it. But even bigger was me not appreciating how important gear is. I went back to town and did a few quests that resulted in a piece or two for everybody (but no more levels). Then I went back to fight that pack and it was like night and day.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: July 27, 2014, 09:37:47 AM

It's actually quite easy to craft early too.  It can net you some 'stuffs'.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: July 27, 2014, 10:02:59 AM

Oh yeah, if you find that you like to have a hybrid build - and feel it's too powerful - don't feel too guilty about it.
This game is like that by design.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: July 28, 2014, 01:16:02 AM

NO.  NO NO NO NO NO.

You are catering for a fucking audience of OCD Cunts.  Do NOT and I repeat DO NOT put quests in an area that will ASSPLODE and not be returnable to.

Fucking reloading that hour and a half.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #310 on: July 28, 2014, 05:19:43 AM

Hm. The trial area?

On crafting, anyone know if you can add more than elemental damage to things you make? I haven't Googled it but from what I've been trying it looks like the only way to get +stats on items is to find them.  Which sucks as I've only been finding motherfucking bows and crossbows so my 2h line are using items 4-5 levels behind themselves.  It's taking me 2-3 hits to kill shit mobs now and that's just unacceptable.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: July 28, 2014, 09:13:15 AM

Yes. You use the essences.  Be aware they overwrite each other.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #312 on: July 28, 2014, 09:38:20 AM

Later on, you can add Tenebrium damage on top of standard and elemental damage.  It's a nice bonus.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: July 28, 2014, 09:41:36 AM

Is the skill still bugged though ? 

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #314 on: July 28, 2014, 09:45:21 AM

Yes. You use the essences.  Be aware they overwrite each other.

Yeah I got that, but I was looking for +2-hand or +str like you find on the green, blue and orange magic weapons. It seems all you can do is create a Vanilla weapon with +fire/water/earth damage (and later +tenebrium)

I suppose if I fall enough behind I can go with that, but the loss of 10% damage due to lower 2-h and +damage from strength might not be enough at this point.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  
Jump to: