Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  (Read 149437 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #245 on: July 16, 2014, 06:01:32 AM

Early access my eye. This is a good game at the start when you know nothing and tried everything.

All I was saying is that if your post-release patch reads like a novel, maybe you should've tested the game a little more before officially launching it.  Then again, most major releases do that anyway, so the Early Access title doesn't mean as much as it probably should.

I'm enjoying the game now that I've gotten comfortable with how the mechanics work, and I stumbled across the Rock, Paper, Scissors exploit yesterday by accident, which made me pretty happy.  It's nice to know that I'll eventually be able to respec, too, since I absolutely hate wasting skillpoints in these kinds of games.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: July 16, 2014, 10:30:21 AM

I seem to be having some issue with save games, I can't quick load, and any time I quit and reopen the game any new saves are missing...

Arse

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #247 on: July 16, 2014, 12:25:31 PM

I seem to be having some issue with save games, I can't quick load, and any time I quit and reopen the game any new saves are missing...

Arse

They just released a hotfix: from the looks of it, it might address the problem you're experiencing:

Hi everyone!

We've been following the feedback on our first big patch and have noticed some critical issues slipped through our nets.

Because of that, we have just uploaded version 1.0.78:
- Several rare crash fixes
- Fix for newly introduced save/load issues (Mac)
- Fix for crashing on saving (Windows)

We apologize to those affected by these issues.
If you still have save/load issues after this hotfix, please let us know.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #248 on: July 16, 2014, 03:25:00 PM

Glad I chose to wait.

Still waiting.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: July 16, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Early access my eye. This is a good game at the start when you know nothing and tried everything.

All I was saying is that if your post-release patch reads like a novel, maybe you should've tested the game a little more before officially launching it.  Then again, most major releases do that anyway, so the Early Access title doesn't mean as much as it probably should.

I'm enjoying the game now that I've gotten comfortable with how the mechanics work, and I stumbled across the Rock, Paper, Scissors exploit yesterday by accident, which made me pretty happy.  It's nice to know that I'll eventually be able to respec, too, since I absolutely hate wasting skillpoints in these kinds of games.
Fanbois (i.e. kickstarter testers), typically have different pain levels than the normal run of the mill consumer.  Things that they might put up with or ignore are frequently major gripes for mass market releases.

Reason 7,243 I don't play the whole pay us extra for beta/alpha/gamma access.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #250 on: July 16, 2014, 06:09:48 PM

Glad I chose to wait.

Still waiting.

Do like I did and find a sucker friend who Kickstarted it and will give you a bonus copy for free.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #251 on: July 16, 2014, 06:41:28 PM

There was a switch I encountered that could only be pushed if I unlocked the camera rotation.  Quality QA.  I'm guessing the backers didn't get to take a shot at that one.

Lucalla has some really weird mob placement. I just had an epic fight against a bunch of level 11 mobs after besting a level 16 boss fight.   Ohhhhh, I see.  ONWARD.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:43:04 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #252 on: July 16, 2014, 08:57:48 PM

Restarted with scoundrels to test out rogue skill sets more.

Thievery

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #253 on: July 17, 2014, 08:54:12 AM

Underboob intact.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: July 17, 2014, 12:53:39 PM

Thank goodness
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: July 17, 2014, 08:28:53 PM

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: July 18, 2014, 04:13:37 AM

I was expecting a pack of screaming Gorillas =( 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: July 18, 2014, 05:47:24 AM

Quick Question :

Is this good and worth the purchase ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: July 18, 2014, 05:55:53 AM

Quick Question :

Is this good and worth the purchase ?

I am enjoying it, fun puzzles, turned base combat is good.  there are LOTS of cheezy powergaming combos but as a single player game you don't have to use them.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: July 18, 2014, 06:32:50 AM

What he said. I didn't regret backing this on Kickstarter yet.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: July 18, 2014, 09:02:58 AM

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #261 on: July 18, 2014, 12:46:14 PM

So I should be investing more points in sneaking, yes?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: July 18, 2014, 05:16:59 PM

So I should be investing more points in sneaking, yes?

Yeah, it's pretty good for ranged character.
Not so much for melee though.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: July 19, 2014, 02:13:49 AM

So, yeah, quicksave.

Also, don't go digging in some shiters garden just for fun when you haven't saved in a couple of hours.

No reason.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #264 on: July 19, 2014, 06:14:16 AM

I know exactly what you just did.  That sucks.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: July 19, 2014, 06:30:23 AM

It's apparently random, but yeah...

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: July 19, 2014, 08:15:40 AM

I literally have no idea why anyone would ever want to play a game like this Co-op.

I remember the early days of marriage too.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #267 on: July 19, 2014, 02:10:02 PM

It's apparently random, but yeah...

Not if he dug up the one I'm thinking of, the one outside the doctors place. It gives you an "are you sure you want to do this" warning then...   Heh. 

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: July 19, 2014, 07:15:36 PM

The story gets better too...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:18:29 PM by rk47 »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: July 20, 2014, 10:25:04 AM

Surely that was a cue for a dickbutt joke ?

Rasix

Reply #270 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

For anyone worried about a 1h/shield build, it gets pretty ridiculous towards the end (at least I think I'm that far).  There's a weapon that drops that turns you into a crit/crippling machine, and your defensive stats will get to the point where you're near immune to everything (this is partially lucky drops) while blocking 70% (could be higher) of the time.

There a trash fight in the 3rd area that's harder than any of the bosses/encounters in the game.  You think you're under geared/shitty after trying that fight and then you just mop the floor with the shit that actually looks scary.  Heh.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:20:57 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: July 21, 2014, 11:22:58 PM

For anyone worried about a 1h/shield build, it gets pretty ridiculous towards the end (at least I think I'm that far).  There's a weapon that drops that turns you into a crit/crippling machine, and your defensive stats will get to the point where you're near immune to everything (this is partially lucky drops) while blocking 70% (could be higher) of the time.

There a trash fight in the 3rd area that's harder than any of the bosses/encounters in the game.  You think you're under geared/shitty after trying that fight and then you just mop the floor with the shit that actually looks scary.  Heh.

What he says is true actually.
If everything else fails, please check your bag for 1049235792 consumables.
Charm Arrows
Knockdown Arrows.
Invis Potions.
Please. USE THEM.

Rasix

Reply #272 on: July 21, 2014, 11:25:50 PM

I should have made that annoying hillbilly an archer.  I still could considering I have a ton of gold.   Right now as a 2 handed warrior all she does it get slapped around a lot and occasionally knock something down.

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: July 21, 2014, 11:38:58 PM

I should have made that annoying hillbilly an archer.  I still could considering I have a ton of gold.   Right now as a 2 handed warrior all she does it get slapped around a lot and occasionally knock something down.

One turn of invisibility is a turn of free action where the AI does jack all.
You are literally untargetable unless the AI has AoE.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: July 22, 2014, 01:09:49 AM

So, uh, how BIG is this game ?  I got to the end boss, only to find out he's not the end boss at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I'm left wondering 'Hey, am I actually gonna get value for money here ?' and being surprised.

Been playing it non stop since I bought it and I love it.  Some of it is utter shit, of course, but mostly it's good.  (Awful Gear, I'm looking at YOU.)

My wee Backstabber Rogue is a total rocket and also has about 400 arrows of various flavours that he's just never got around to using.  Imagine Hawkeye from the movies, except instead of One of those quivers, he has about 8 strapped to his back.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: July 22, 2014, 01:24:33 AM

So, uh, how BIG is this game ?  I got to the end boss, only to find out he's not the end boss at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but I'm left wondering 'Hey, am I actually gonna get value for money here ?' and being surprised.

Been playing it non stop since I bought it and I love it.  Some of it is utter shit, of course, but mostly it's good.  (Awful Gear, I'm looking at YOU.)

My wee Backstabber Rogue is a total rocket and also has about 400 arrows of various flavours that he's just never got around to using.  Imagine Hawkeye from the movies, except instead of One of those quivers, he has about 8 strapped to his back.

You should try those charm arrows. Hell, I even knocked down Bracchus Rex with Knockdown arrow fired from a DEX 5 Bow.
Those consumable arrows are really perfect for versatile ranger builds.
Backstabbing rogue claims they're king of DPS, but cries when the opponent switches target to them.
Guerrilla rangers just control the battlefield whenever. If you want extra lulz. Have your lone rogue fire a charm arrow as opener and hit stealth before engaging. Watch every mob blow cooldown on the lone charmed mob THEN drop the party on top of them.

My fav. party mix is Hide in Shadow Ranger gets in, drop a poison barrel, get out, fire arrow to detonate.
It gets them every damn time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:26:06 AM by rk47 »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: July 22, 2014, 01:42:07 AM

Speaking of which, I looked at that video linked above, the stealthy barrel chucker - I can't seem to lift those fucking things.  What's the requirements of STR and how many can you carry ?

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: July 22, 2014, 02:47:27 AM

Speaking of which, I looked at that video linked above, the stealthy barrel chucker - I can't seem to lift those fucking things.  What's the requirements of STR and how many can you carry ?

Telekinesis is your friend.
My memory is fuzzy, but my ST 10 Warrior has no issue picking it up.
It weights 60 stones ea.
Also they have this funny 'ignorant boss speech' attitude if you switch to your partner while in convo with Big Bad
Barrel Diplomacy
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:50:59 AM by rk47 »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: July 22, 2014, 04:01:28 AM

That's hugely broken.

Also, Hilarious.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #279 on: July 22, 2014, 04:28:21 AM

Yes, it is.

As RK hinted, though, Telekenesis is what you want to move giant shit around. My Cleric has a TK of 4 and she moves things my 13 str warrior says "I can't throw/ carry that."  Not to mention snagging goodies that might be in the middle of a fire someplace.

I'm also finding that Teleport is getting less useful at ~13. Mobs just aren't taking as much damage when thrown, and one guy took a whole 9 points off his 1000 point HP bar, so that's fairly useless.

My biggest problem right now is finding someone with enough cash to take all the things I want to dump off.  Skillbooks are a great expendeture, but I'm still at 80-90% carrying capacity on all my characters because vendors have so little cash.  RPG problems.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  
Jump to: