Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  (Read 149426 times)
Phred
Terracotta Army

on: March 30, 2013, 11:12:57 AM

Larian is back with a kickstarter for a turn based sequel to Divine Divinity. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin. I think this is another perfect company for a kickstarted as their quirky games never sold well enough to make them real money but were loved by the fans that played them. Now, with coop multiplayer and shipping the same editor they use to make the game it looks like a winner. Usually I don't like kickstarted threads because of all the people who just have to post about how they wont contribute but seeing as I know we've got a bunch of ppl who played and loved DD I thought I'd spread the word.

You tube link cause the video on the kickstarter page was slow as heck for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUPfejQ7xE&hd=1
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:37 PM

I really like the looks of this one.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 07:26:44 PM

Actually that was a pretty convincing, straightforward salespitch. Feels more honest than some of the sky-in-pie dreams we seen from Kickstarter.

Looking foward.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:28:42 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:43 PM

Impressive. Backed.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 11:23:38 PM

Yah.  This is the best gaming Kickstarter I've ever seen really.  They have a solid concept, a prototype that's almost ready for release, and a great design.  Plus they're a small studio who likely need the monies.   Backed.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:08:27 AM

Impressive. Backed.

^ I need this game, too much cynicism inducing shite lately, even for gaming development.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 04:05:42 AM

Yah.  This is the best gaming Kickstarter I've ever seen really.  They have a solid concept, a prototype that's almost ready for release, and a great design.  Plus they're a small studio who likely need the monies.   Backed.

Same. Although I couldn't help being a bit calculating and picked the 'Couples Pack'. 2x digital versions of the game for 40$. That's like 15,5€ for one game.

Now I only need to find one person in the world that likes me and wants to play with me. How hard can that be?!  0.0 DPS 0.0 DPS
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:13:55 AM by calapine »

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 12:20:58 PM

I already backed this, but I could play with you anyway ;)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 12:28:51 PM

Oh, I was kidding a little bit, I already have someone in mind. ^^

But sure, love to, it's not like polygameying among consenting adults is something bad!

On a more general note...judging from the responses so far it seems this is going to be a F13-favourite. Wonder how much they are gonna get from this forum alone...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:31:46 PM by calapine »

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 02:42:17 PM

These guys definitely set a high bar for quality Kickstarter project intro videos.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 04:41:13 PM

That's pretty much the only reason I'm considering in on this.  We get a game regardless, but if I pay now I get a game with more content. 

The fact that they're so far along in production is what makes it for me.  Also, super stoked about this game.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 08:07:02 PM

Impressive. Backed.

^ I need this game, too much cynicism inducing shite lately, even for gaming development.

This seems to throw a lot of people off really.
It went under the radar - and a lot of people really think this KS is about 'a game under development' and they can contribute ideas and 'change' it according to their tastes.
When they realized it's not really about that, the reaction is kinda cold.
I'm just angry that a lot of people back Torment 2 more than an actual product with gameplay - nearing release this year.

Fucking emotions trumping logic. >:(
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:08:34 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

Little update:

Kickstarter has 357k out of 400k. 19 days to go. Strech goals announced:

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:17:04 PM

I'm disappointed they haven't hit $400,000 yet, 'cause I've seen less interesting things get more funding in this much time.  I really hope they manage to hit some of the stretch goals, cause I'd love to see all of those things.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 07:52:56 AM

Thanks to Falconeer linking a Chris Taylor interview, I found this interview with Swen Vincke (producer, designer) on Divinity: OS and RPGs in general: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIpfydUsaNw

I don't have the time to watch it right now, so this will be a bit of a naked link.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 01:32:46 PM

I'm disappointed they haven't hit $400,000 yet, 'cause I've seen less interesting things get more funding in this much time.  I really hope they manage to hit some of the stretch goals, cause I'd love to see all of those things.

They hit the 400k already (414k with 16 days left). I am pretty sure they'll reach at least the 650k stretchgoal.

Their tiers are pretty wonky economically. 25$ tier gives you the game, 40$ gives you 2x copies, 65% gives 2 copies and 1 copy of the upcoming Dragon Commander (3D RTS). Assuming the usual steam release-day price of $/€ 49.99 that's a pretty hefty pre-order discount. Especially for us Euros due to the conversion rate.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 01:50:55 PM

I'd really like to see it hit the mill. The schedules and cycles would be a huge addition to the series, since Garriot can't be trusted to make an Ultimahaha.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:53:34 PM by Sky »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 12:32:27 PM

45 hours left: if you combine KS and Paypal, 800k and beyond is achievable.

Latest update: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/462635?ref=activity

If you, like me, enjoyed the original Divine Divinity, take a look at this (video is included in the aforementioned update) :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dpGvBZD0q4A

Oh right, I almost forgot: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=22258.0  Raspberry
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:40:51 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 04:05:44 PM

TB has a video out on this today with lots of pre-alpha footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuF8ruhjlTY

Actually looks pretty neat.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 07:23:32 PM

Yeah, I think this is the game I'm most excited for this year.  Looks just fun.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 01:34:56 AM

Including Paypal, they're roughly 100k away from the last stretch goal, with 7 hours to go Thumbs up!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 07:00:04 AM

Livestream going on. http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios

For $25 (I guess it's $28 now) I still think it's a decent deal, since they're returning to the roots of the series without publisher interference. The first was a good game (better than Diablo by a long shot) and I think a eurorpg studio going indie is a great move.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 09:20:52 AM

About 5k short of a million, but they're putting in the awesome stretch goal anyway. That's really cool, it puts this game so much closer to being the game Garriot won't be delivering :)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 09:42:13 AM

Yep, they'll include the last stretch goal (NPC schedules, day/night cycle and weather system having also an effect on gameplay/combat) no matter what, at this point. Can't wait for the game! (gee, I spent more on this than Torment, Eternity or Star Citizen)

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 11:45:15 AM

Yep, they'll include the last stretch goal (NPC schedules, day/night cycle and weather system having also an effect on gameplay/combat)

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 11:53:06 AM

About 5k short of a million, but they're putting in the awesome stretch goal anyway. That's really cool, it puts this game so much closer to being the game Garriot won't be delivering :)

Ya it's superficial resemblance to Diablo is likely it's worst aspect. It's going to get a lot of people trying to compare it to Diablo when it should be compared to an Ultima like 6 or 7. Same as divine divinity. Not even in the same ballpark much less the same sport as Diablo.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 02:25:07 PM

greatest thing is that, bar any delay, unlike other promising KS videogame projects, by next Christmas we'll be feasting on this game  (hopefully with the RPG Editor too)  Eat

Reminder: if you want to pledge via Paypal, yo'll have two more weeks to do so:

http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/kickstart.php (right sidebar)

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 07:47:05 PM

Bumped to early 2014.  Boo.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/27/divinity-original-sin-condemned-to-2014/

Edit:  Boo, but I'm okay with it.  This is the game I'm most looking forward to in the next year.  So I'd rather it be right and ready.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 07:51:08 PM by Hawkbit »
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 08:51:12 AM

Yeah, February. I'm ready for it to be released but good on them for holding off.

They did have some 90min q&a video which told much of nothing, except that they're thinking of letting people sell the games they make with the SDK once Larian figures out the details of how to do that. The rest was "I want to tell you, but I can't" type of answers or "a mod can be built for that."
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 05:21:10 AM

Alpha is coming...for everyone who backed this project on KS (any tier)....probably within a week or so! very soon!! (yep, too much enthusiasm)   Heart Heart

Boom!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPS8jJWZZU (update by Project director Sven Vincke)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:27:46 AM by Lucas »

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 29, 2013, 09:34:53 AM

I KSed this shit the day it started.  Cant wait.  But you're gonna have to because Alpha's not ready.  Also, I had an unwritten rule never to Alpha/Beta big story-driven RPGs like this because, uhhh spoilerz?  However since it's coop and there's an editor I may just break it.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 03:23:31 AM

Is Divinity: Original Sin Ready for Alpha Release? Swen Vincke does a short hands-on on the current build.

And the anwer is, Yes. Alpha release date (for Kickstarter backers): 17th December 2013  smiley

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 08:07:22 AM

It'll have about 10hrs of gameplay.  That's probably about as far as I'll go with it before risking the rest of the storyline.
I'm still more interested in the ruleset (which they haven't divulged) then anything else, because I'm planning on attempting a port to the tabletop that uses the game as a GM emulator.

How's the reddit for this game?  Fruitful?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 08:34:53 AM

Same as I said for Eternity; no interest in testing due to spoilers. I'm ok with waiting.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 07:03:10 AM

From what I read, the game is shaping up to be VERY big, so if you mess around a lot (which seems possible in D:OS) you won't get really spoilered:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=475930

An official "alpha" forum has just been opened:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=17

And if I go to my D:OS KS section on the Larian Vault now it says that "alpha access" now accepts my input (currently I can only choose "Steam" as my key option). It's coming!!  Eat

https://www.larianvault.com/index.php

EDIT: Article on Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-17-tasty-action-rpg-divinity-original-sin-now-playable

Lovely jubbly-looking turn-based RPG Divinity: Original Sin is now playable in alpha form for those who backed the game on Kickstarter. Specifically, it will be playable in a couple of hours - developer Larian just contacted us to say it was running a little late.

On offer is 15 to 20 per cent of the full game - roughly 10 to 15 hours of content. That's most of the starting city of Cyseal plus some good old fashioned dungeons nearby.

The alpha is single-player for now, but multiplayer will be added in the future.

The shackles are off in terms of talking about - and recording and streaming - the alpha, so expect a cascade of coverage to commence. Larian recorded its own meaty chunk of gameplay that I've posted below.

Our Paul Dean is in Belgium visiting Larian as I write. Expect his take on the game in the new year.

Divinity: Original Sin is due out February in full. A PC version will arrive first, then Mac, then Linux.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:41:33 AM by Lucas »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Divinity: Original Sin - Turn based, coop including editor? Sign me up  
Jump to: