Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382244 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #595 on: October 27, 2013, 09:13:11 PM

It will definitely be the best forum match up, I can't fucking wait!  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #596 on: October 28, 2013, 09:54:01 AM

Did you not know about #MagSwag?  why so serious?

I did not expect this level of swag.  I was not prepared. However, they are not completely awful.  They can do things when we get lazy and have troll commanders running things.   why so serious?

This does give me time to leveling another character.  Can't decide between actually getting a tank (guardian), finishing my mesmer, or leveling an engineer.   Even with this matchup, I'm sure the EB queue won't get under my total play time allotted, so that crap will still stay unfinished.

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #597 on: October 28, 2013, 12:50:10 PM

Mag is actually quite good at the video game, they just like the warm safety blanket of "good fites", since that's entirely subjective and lets them fuel their forum game  why so serious?

They also have like, zero coverage, so after like midnight est, they stop existing.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #598 on: October 28, 2013, 01:29:04 PM

So far, I am pretty happy being in Bronze league. No queues except for the odd EB one, lots of smaller group fights in the ruins and the camps not in the south. You can actually defend stuff without just being swept aside by the zerg. Spent the other night just running through JPs and killing the people that were there for the first time for achievements until they get enough to kick us out.

All in all, this is the most fun I have had in WvW.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #599 on: October 28, 2013, 03:28:34 PM

Updated and rolled a warrior this time.  Maybe I will make to rvr this go around.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rasix

Reply #600 on: October 28, 2013, 03:42:19 PM

Yay, more warriors.   awesome, for real

So far, I am pretty happy being in Bronze league. No queues except for the odd EB one, lots of smaller group fights in the ruins and the camps not in the south. You can actually defend stuff without just being swept aside by the zerg. Spent the other night just running through JPs and killing the people that were there for the first time for achievements until they get enough to kick us out.

All in all, this is the most fun I have had in WvW.

Do you guys have regular pins and stuff?  We get a lot of small scale activity as well, just got to watch your ass for the moving swarm of death.  But yah, I could do without the queues.

I'd go park my lowbie guardian on a jumping puzzle, but I've yet to actually see someone from the other servers doing them. 

-Rasix
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #601 on: October 28, 2013, 04:28:52 PM

why so serious? so warriors are popular... what about engineer?

I feel noobish and dont want to roll what I played before (ranger, necro, and uh, warrior counterpart),

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Rasix

Reply #602 on: October 28, 2013, 04:32:23 PM

Please, do play what you want.  I've just taken a lot of hammer hits to the face lately.

But yes, warriors are popular.  They're versatile, powerful, and easy to play.  Engineers are rarer ducks.  There's a lot of button pushing involved.   I deleted  mine long ago and just remade one recently.  I haven't played it at all.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:44:56 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #603 on: October 28, 2013, 04:51:42 PM

Please, do play what you want.  I've just taken a lot of hammer hits to the face lately.

But yes, warriors are popular.  They're versatile, powerful, and easy to play.  Engineers are rarer ducks.  There's a lot of button pushing involved.   I deleted  mine long ago and just remade one recently.  I haven't played it at all.  awesome, for real

meh, I will try engineer.  I will probably crap out in a few weeks anyway.

Rasix

Reply #604 on: October 28, 2013, 04:52:41 PM

Play your warrior.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I will probably crap out in a few weeks anyway.

I thought I would too.  Didn't expected to get hooked.  I don't like a lot of what they do, but the wvw is compelling.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:55:26 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #605 on: October 28, 2013, 04:55:18 PM

The only thing I regret about playing my warrior is that I made him first, so every time I play another class I think, "man, I kinda wish I was playing my warrior".
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #606 on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:23 PM

I will probably crap out in a few weeks anyway.

I thought I would too.  Didn't expected to get hooked.  I don't like a lot of what they do, but the wvw is compelling.

Same here! ~twinz~

My engineer is 75 or so now, the best part about playing it is no one knows wtf engineers actually do, so no one can tell how shitty you are.

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #607 on: October 29, 2013, 05:10:20 AM

Mag is actually quite good at the video game, they just like the warm safety blanket of "good fites", since that's entirely subjective and lets them fuel their forum game  why so serious?

They also have like, zero coverage, so after like midnight est, they stop existing.

I'm on mag and pretty much this.  I am completely amazed we made it to gold league considering how piss poor our oceanic coverage is.  On the plus side, it's a gold league server with almost zero queues (unless xushin is running a karma train).  There was actually a big argument about whether or not to go for gold league, but some of our more popula commanders decided to do it, and promptly burnt themselves out getting to gold league and disappeared from play. 

Folks take the "we don't care about PPT" pretty seriously, until they don't lol.  But I love forum-whoring on mag, we rule PvF.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: October 29, 2013, 05:13:04 AM

I mained an engineer but switched to a warrior recently.  Engineer is just too fiddly a class to be very effective in PvP or PvE.  There are some amazing players out there who can play them very well, and they do good in sPvP at very specific rolls (knocking folks out of control points seems to be a big one). In lag-heavy situations like large scale WvW they are horrendous because not being able to switch kits means you have zero offense and zero defense.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: October 29, 2013, 07:41:35 AM

Do you guys have regular pins and stuff?  We get a lot of small scale activity as well, just got to watch your ass for the moving swarm of death.  But yah, I could do without the queues.

I'd go park my lowbie guardian on a jumping puzzle, but I've yet to actually see someone from the other servers doing them. 

Sorry, pins?

What seems to happen is that each server puts a super zerg in the field somewhere and they play a little cat and mouse with each other, if we get the super zergs in the same zone it might queue for a bit. Then we have a couple groups of 10ish wandering around taking towers and the odd camp in the BLs. Most of the time I find groups of <5 hitting the southside of each BL. We usually prowl the ruins since it's pretty easy to keep an eye on flips with the minimap zoomed out as far as you can go.

Our last ditch efforts of the night are usually to take the North camp of one of the other server BLs and defend it as best we can from everyone that piles in from the port-in keep for that BL.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: October 29, 2013, 07:59:01 AM

I thought queues were for your side only.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: October 29, 2013, 08:03:29 AM

I thought queues were for your side only.

Yes, I just worded what I was trying to say wrong. When the super zergs meet up, it tends to draw a lot of people which gets the queue going. And by queue I mean 10-15 minute wait.

Rasix

Reply #612 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:56 AM

Do you guys have regular pins and stuff?  We get a lot of small scale activity as well, just got to watch your ass for the moving swarm of death.  But yah, I could do without the queues.

Sorry, pins?

Commanders.  Guys with the blue dorrito/taco/chevron on them.  Are there recognizable commanders on the field?  Is there a server vent used for wvw?

And on another note, necro well builds are complete shit for 1v1 and small engagements.  They are, however,  absolutely hilarious when you can catch a small group unawares.   Great for siege killing and camping clearing too.  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:46:57 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: October 29, 2013, 12:41:44 PM

Commanders.  Guys with the blue dorrito/taco/chevron on them.  Are there recognizable commanders on the field?  Is there a server vent used for wvw?

And on another note, necro well builds are complete shit for 1v1 and small engagements.  They are, however,  absolutely hilarious when you can catch a small group unawares.   Great for siege killing and camping clearing too.  

Oh yeah - there's 5-6 recognizable, decent Commanders. A few not great ones that I just ignore and a bunch of newly bought ones. There's a server vent set up, but it's really new only about a dozen guilds ranging in size use it. I would say at most we have about 15-25% of the WvW population using it right now, but as we keep doing decently that number seems to be increasing.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: October 29, 2013, 03:45:57 PM

I'm on mag and pretty much this.  I am completely amazed we made it to gold league considering how piss poor our oceanic coverage is.  On the plus side, it's a gold league server with almost zero queues (unless xushin is running a karma train).  There was actually a big argument about whether or not to go for gold league, but some of our more popula commanders decided to do it, and promptly burnt themselves out getting to gold league and disappeared from play. 

Folks take the "we don't care about PPT" pretty seriously, until they don't lol.  But I love forum-whoring on mag, we rule PvF.

It wouldn't be gold league if Mag wasn't there to shit up the forums.  why so serious?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: November 01, 2013, 04:33:04 PM

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:46:06 PM by Rasix »

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

Reply #616 on: November 01, 2013, 04:36:37 PM

I like how GW2 devs think I actually know what my traits are called.

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #617 on: November 01, 2013, 04:41:49 PM

I clicked Threash's link and I got:

Oops! Google Chrome could not find lots of incoming balance changes.

And I laughed.

The end!

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #618 on: November 06, 2013, 10:11:34 AM

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/ranger/December-10th-Ranger-changes/page/9#post3162139

Anet Dev's have been making the rounds on the class forums, but I enjoyed this particular post. Confirming what everyone whose who has spent more then 5 mins on a Ranger already knew, pets are fucking broken.

-edit- whose? Is that even a word? That sounds really wrong in my head now!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:13:54 AM by Fordel »

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: November 06, 2013, 10:23:06 AM

You were looking for the contraction "who's" which can mean either "who is" or "who has".

"Whose" is the possessive. Think it's/its with a silent "e" to sustain the vowel sound.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #620 on: November 08, 2013, 03:24:41 PM

Lord Above I hope they never do another WvW "season" because getting match ups where we are just completely overwhelming to the two servers we're against is really fucking dull. I would like to take a moment to laugh at Sanctum of Rall, though, who has gotten a painful lesson the past two weeks that they need JQ on that wall.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:48 PM

The main issue with the Gold League at least is that there's a massive gap between the upper three and the lower three. Like, a comically large gap in numbers, coverage, everything.

I don't know if the other leagues have the same issue, but while the numbers in WvW are high I don't know how many of them are just in it for the achievements. Personally, I'm not enjoying the matches at all, and I have little motivation to actually sit through the queue to work on the meta.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #622 on: November 09, 2013, 03:32:30 PM

I've been vaguely watching the scores in the lower leagues, and they're not much closer, really. This week's seems particularly shitty. But what's interesting to me is just how crap SoR's been without JQ to draw BG's ire. So even in the BG/SoR/poor bastard match ups, BG's been having a snoozefest too.

edit: As for queues, they go down pretty substantially during the week. Once we hit Tuesday, there's always been at least one BL without a queue ... of course, it's always the BL where we own almost everything anyway, so not much help towards the meta there (unless you want to do the jumping puzzle) (which I keep putting off because fuck jumping puzzles).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:34:42 PM by Sjofn »

Rasix

Reply #623 on: November 09, 2013, 06:12:13 PM

Apparently, BG added a huge Russian guild which has totally fucked the EU time zone shit.  SoR just sounds demoralized as hell on the boards.  Even without the EU stuff (which kind of can wreck reset day), they've been ticking hella low all the time.

Tue/Wed/Thursday is a great time to try and get lucky with the EB queue.  Karma train is fantastic for the meta, and you don't feel bad about doing shit like jumping on rams without mastery.  

Still, there have been some decent fights.  TC can be really effective defenders when they've got some map presence.  In lower numbers, their lack of appropriate armor is really obvious.  It could also just be that we've been running really high DPS blobs, with little front line.  AOE meltage is rough against straight line rushes.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:17:02 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #624 on: November 10, 2013, 09:31:57 AM

I've been vaguely watching the scores in the lower leagues, and they're not much closer, really.

All server clusters seem to be set up with one dominant one mid and one who just doens't give a fuck.  I'm on Anvil Rock and tried PVP a few times.  The most AR players I've ever seen at a time was 10.  And we got roflstomped quickly by the FC zerg that had easily 3x our numbers.  It's just not worth it. 

When folks mention getting a zerg in Lion's Arch they get laughed at and told not to bother on this server.

Reflecting - once again - why WvW is a terrible model.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: November 10, 2013, 11:12:20 AM

Pssh. RVR is just bad as a concept. The only solution is to match up the severs with the highest pvp participation and cross your fingers. How much better would the game run if it merely capped participation to 300 man instances (100/100/100) and did a special guild que for the hardcore.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #626 on: November 10, 2013, 11:17:25 AM

Yeah I didn't mean to imply RvR would be any better.  The best format *is* capped instances, though you have to have better tools for booting botters & leeches than we've seen to date from any game company.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #627 on: November 10, 2013, 11:48:25 AM

The problem is less with WvW and more with the fucking stupid league. Well, maybe not for Anvil Rock, they've been the crap-ass server for months and months. But when you toss vaguely-similar populations at each other, it's a lot of fun. Population is a problem (always will be) and ANet's solution to it seems to be "transfer to one of the T1 servers, T2 in a pinch," which is a terrible goddamn solution.

Some of the lower pop servers could probably stand a merge. Honestly, I'd love if they merged the EU servers with the US ones, that would suddenly make a lot more servers have a lot better coverage. :P Won't happen, though.

Plus WvW is pretty low on their priorities list. Which is OK with me, really, because when they pay attention to it, we get stupid shit like this league nonsense.  swamp poop

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: November 10, 2013, 12:58:06 PM

Population and Participation are always the problems with ANY kind of PvP in any game. Large scale or small. MMO Dev's love to make various systems and just assume everyone will use them forever and equally distribute amongst themselves.

This is always wrong and leads to broken things.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #629 on: November 10, 2013, 01:11:05 PM

Population and Participation are always the problems with ANY kind of PvP in any game. Large scale or small. MMO Dev's love to make various systems and just assume everyone will use them forever and equally distribute amongst themselves.

This is always wrong and leads to broken things.

The problem is checklist MMO design.  You gotta have everything so everything ends up sucking.  You put in world pvp because there is always that segment that demands world pvp no matter how unbalanced it ends up and how the population always cannibalizes itself, but you keep it separated from everything else so it doesn't affect the pvers.  You put in crafting because there is always a group that wants crafting, but you never make it give the best items because that upsets the raiders and pvpers.  You gotta have battlegrounds and dungeons with dungeon finders and raids and talent trees and gigantic shoulderpads and mounts and talent trees and levels...etc etc etc.  Because god forbid you piss off any possible customer.  There is absolutely no reason any game should have world pvp unless the game is entirely based around world pvp.  You are either making the nect Daoc or Shadowbane or you are just marking off things off a checklist.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: