Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:18:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 387646 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #525 on: October 11, 2013, 09:45:03 AM

I stopped playing my thief in spvp, the warrior is far superior at actually killing things it is ridiculous.  Hint: being able to run away doesn't actually win any fights, having the same damage with twice the hps/armor/healing does.  I can be a total pest with the thief, i can actually be effective with the warrior.

I am the .00000001428%
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: October 11, 2013, 09:57:08 AM

I stopped playing my thief in spvp, the warrior is far superior at actually killing things it is ridiculous.  Hint: being able to run away doesn't actually win any fights, having the same damage with twice the hps/armor/healing does.  I can be a total pest with the thief, i can actually be effective with the warrior.

Yeah, its been a long while since I played so you're probably right.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:41 PM

Is it me or is this league thing fishy?  Like, even beyond the FTP "it's a business" model.  They're offering discounts on server transfers...in order to give players a chance to navigate game mechanics (once again, this time in the form of winning wvw servers)? 

It's like they gave up on matchups entirely and made wvw a cash shop "item."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: October 12, 2013, 03:18:40 PM

It's an excuse to not have to put in any game balance changes for another 7 weeks. I'm sure the fat gem cash on all the transfers is also helping that motivation.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #529 on: October 14, 2013, 01:34:58 PM

So I blew $40 on diamonds and unlocked my bags and bought the permanent salvaging device. That thing is the best expenditure of $15 in the game just because I no longer have to 1) stuff my bags with kits 2) stop off every few hours to buy new kits.  If I could sell/ salvage Karma or quest gear I'd be set for the life of my character.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #530 on: October 14, 2013, 01:45:30 PM

I was very happy with my infinite pick and axe, refilling those when you are out in the world is a pain.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #531 on: October 14, 2013, 01:46:14 PM

Finished my Ascended Staff.  And now they're counting blocks/evades toward AE targets.  THANKS, DEVS.  Might have to work a new spec to get around that, and that may require dropping dhuumfire.

So, now I'm relatively poor again. Although, my bankroll just moved down 100g over the entire process of going from 400-500 and crafting the staff.  Probably took about 150g overall.

Conditionmancer is pretty good for small/medium sized group and for wall defense at keeps/towers/garrisons, but kind of crap in open field zergs.  Time to keep the bankroll small and start building a well-o-mancer/DS set.  awesome, for real And now with WvW season starting, blobs are going to be the way of things.

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: October 14, 2013, 02:00:16 PM

There's only going to be one matchup we really have to worry about, the SoR/BG/JQ one. Everything else waha will carry us, unless our SEA dies of boredom.

I've never had more then like 30 gold at once, you dirty PvE'er.

Rasix

Reply #533 on: October 14, 2013, 02:17:26 PM

My staff has parts that jiggle.   awesome, for real  Hey, and now I am under 30g.  

Yah, finally seeing TC in action was a bit disappointing.   They seemed to fight well, but just did a ton of really bone headed tactical moves.  Well, and they can't seem to field quite as large of a blob as BG. Past 10-11pm the scores would just go pear shaped for our opposing servers.  BG is good, though, and they have many, many people.  <not sure if green> Plus they ddos'd our teamspeak. </>

waha is the main SEA commander?  Seems like BG and SoR bitch about our SEA a lot.  I'm still really new the WvW, as I'm very afraid at this point to even man siege.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: October 14, 2013, 02:40:40 PM

Yea, Waha is our major SEA commander. He's arguably the most infamous command pin in the entire game probably. Other servers use waha's name like a bogey man. "Eat your vegetables or waha will get you!" Him and his force are why JQ have been tier 1 for so long basically. It's a top tier, mobile, organized army in a time zone where most servers have zero to shit for coverage. Also makes our server excitingly multilingual!

If he and his forces ever decide they get tired of the game and stop playing or move servers or whatever, expect us to drop like 4 tiers over night  why so serious? .

TC has a fair weather problem. They spend like 5 out of 6 match ups just rolling servers they completely out class, get really complacent and have a lot of random glassy people attach onto the karma trains. Then they get sent up to us for a week, or one of the big 3 goes down and they get farmed instead of doing the farming and sorta filter off till their next steamroll. I remember the first week the RNG sent us to the TC/FA match up and just how god damn squishy they all were.

BG is our big competition usually, they have just as much organization and coverage as we do, except for the SEA slot. They used to keep pace by their Oceanic coverage, using that window to paper all our keeps so our SEA had to rebuild instead of gain a lead. We recently poached their big oceanic guild [MERC], or most of it, notably their commanders, and this has thrown a big monkey wrench in BG's general direction.

SoR is our other competition, and are full of trolls and chest beaters and generally detestable people.  why so serious? They are also in love/hate relationship with BG and will actively ruin each others chance of winning just to spite the other and give us (jq) the win. They are also the server most capable at shoving every single person on a map onto ONE point, in a true map zerg. If SoR and BG ever actually hatefuck it out and get married, we are basically boned too. This is unlikely though.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #535 on: October 14, 2013, 07:52:07 PM

My favorite thing about SoR and BG is how quick they are to accuse the other of teaming up with JQ.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: October 14, 2013, 10:23:16 PM

I haven't www'd in forever, but basically TC has been a zergfest server of undergeared / underlevelled people since day 1, and it'll remain as such until the end of time. Most TCers don't care to get to the super-fucking-serious-business of tier1... though I'll say that completely dominating tier2 due to sheer numbers and some good zerg commanders on voice comm isn't that fun either (it's why I stopped playing wvw, I hate lopsided fights).

There may be some smaller military-style srs bsns wvw guilds on TC who actually use proper builds/gear, but they probably play in the borderlands or somesuch.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: October 14, 2013, 11:49:22 PM

Almost all organized guilds play in the BL's, since you can't get a guild queued on EB for shit for the most part.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: October 15, 2013, 12:43:29 AM

Yak's Bend and Oceanic timeslot do not WvW a good time :(

Plus a lot of our good players transferred making it limited fun. I understand the league thing but people getting transfers means this will always be lopsided. I now only go to BGs on alts to get my zone completion.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: October 15, 2013, 01:09:45 AM

Clearly you should transfer up!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #540 on: October 15, 2013, 05:58:16 AM

GoM is the lowest of the low for WvW - I've been spending a lot more time WvW lately and it's basically the exact same handful of names every night. I keep debating transfering to a new server that has a much more active WvW population, but bottom tier isn't so bad for roaming and smaller group vs. group combat which is what I prefer anyways.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: October 15, 2013, 10:03:03 AM

They added a greatsword that shits bats, my life is now complete.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #542 on: October 15, 2013, 12:54:01 PM

How is throwing siege on a defeated enemy in WvW considered insulting?  swamp poop

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

Reply #543 on: October 15, 2013, 12:59:53 PM

That is a fantastic idea.  

You lost.  Have a catapult.  (I don't think I'd build it)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:01:46 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: October 16, 2013, 02:12:01 PM

Jeezus I'm really enjoying this again. And of course so much so I totally know why I had to quit last time. This game's an OCDs dream  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Made 51 levels in like twenty hours, forgetting another thing I've loved: flat leveling curves all the way up. I don't even notice the dings anymore, haven't slotted any new skills in 20 levels and still rotate through four different configs on my Mesmer (generally Staff and Scepter/Torch but sometimes GS and Pistol/Torch or Sword/Focus). I don't remember my Ele having anywhere near this breadth of options to explore, survive, fight single things, fight groups of things, fight groups of things when suddenly other things show up, including Veterans, etc. But then, I stopped playing him a year ago and haven't reupped him yet.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: October 16, 2013, 02:36:57 PM

Engels was teasing me a few nights ago that I only played to play the market which made me log in to sell the 24 stacks of flawless snowflakes I had bought for 80 copper each. I was pretty happy to see they were selling for 8 silver 70 copper each now. Seasonal items are nice.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: October 16, 2013, 02:39:16 PM

Ele's are the squishiest class in game by default, a real razor's edge class. If you do it right, it goes real good and you destroy things. If you slip up even once, you're a corpse.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: October 16, 2013, 03:26:43 PM

Ele's are the squishiest class in game by default, a real razor's edge class. If you do it right, it goes real good and you destroy things. If you slip up even once, you're a corpse.

That's not really true.  Sure, if you go full zerker with an Ele they're going to be squishy, but so is any other class.  If you are spec'd and geared well an Ele can tank just as well as any other class.

most often known as Drevik
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #548 on: October 16, 2013, 03:55:25 PM

Honestly, my elementalist felt surprisingly sturdy leveling up.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: October 16, 2013, 04:29:04 PM

Engels was teasing me a few nights ago that I only played to play the market which made me log in to sell the 24 stacks of flawless snowflakes I had bought for 80 copper each. I was pretty happy to see they were selling for 8 silver 70 copper each now. Seasonal items are nice.

That's like a precursor right there.  I've been buying lvl 400 leather at 1.5s each, hoping it goes to 15 or so the first day of ascended armor crafting.

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: October 16, 2013, 06:11:07 PM

How is throwing siege on a defeated enemy in WvW considered insulting?  swamp poop

In SWG, throwing a house down on a corpse kept them from rezzing.  /rosecoloredglasses

Also ITT:  JQ complaining about TC?  Next time you're in WvW, ask how many people xferred from TC.  It's not our fault the devs manipulate matchups and various other game mechanics to generate cash.  TC either wins by a zillion points or loses by a zillion points, there is no in between and it's boring as hell.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #551 on: October 16, 2013, 06:41:32 PM

Commenting != complaining.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #552 on: October 16, 2013, 06:43:52 PM

Yeah, I think the one closest to "complaining" about TC is ... someone from TC.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #553 on: October 17, 2013, 08:12:37 AM

I remember the first week the RNG sent us to the TC/FA match up and just how god damn squishy they all were

Yah, finally seeing TC in action was a bit disappointing.   They seemed to fight well, but just did a ton of really bone headed tactical moves.

TC has a fair weather problem.

TC has been a zergfest server of undergeared / underlevelled people since day 1, and it'll remain as such until the end of time.

I mean, you tell me.  It's just funny to read people from T1 criticize TC.  You guys have better coverage, which I suppose is a tactical advantage.  If we go up against JQ and BG or SOR, we get the shit kicked out of us.  If we go up against anyone else, we kick the shit out of them.  Is the bell curve of skill really represented here?  No, TC just has better coverage than non-T1 servers and not as much coverage as T1.  Problem solved.  There are simply more of you, because of those early months of free server transfers. 

I can tell you that there are many dedicated, skilled WvWers who have stayed on TC because we have a strong community.   Others, literally some of the best pvpers I've ever seen, left because they wanted to win or at least be in more competitive matchups.  This is why I get peeved from the criticism. 

Statistically, skill ratios should be the same.  Are the quoted criticisms correct?  Absolutely.  Could they apply to T1 servers?  You bet.  Undergeared/underleveled players, boneheaded tactical decisions, fair weather playes and zergfests are absorbed and less noticeable when you have better coverage.  And if there is a higher ratio of skilled players in T1, it's because they transferred there out of frustration.

Blame Anet.  The coverage (sorry, skill) issue could easily be addressed by grouping servers together in WvW battlegroups the way WoW ended up doing, ensuring a more uniform coverage in every matchup.  Instead they're doing Leagues which is just another cash shop item.  The proof of this is that the cash shop offered discounts on server transfers when Leagues started.

Rasix

Reply #554 on: October 17, 2013, 10:02:38 AM

Errr, sorry?  It turns out Fordel's (and other's) description of TC at Tier 1a is just very accurate.  THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE DISPARAGING.  It's unfortunate and you have my condolences. 

As for the holiday thing: haha, one-shot capable bosses (with actual mechanics) v. zerg. This maze is great for leveling, it can just kind of suck a times when you're on an overflow and 2 bosses spawn in the same area.  awesome, for real  The loot is terrible, but it has its uses for quick leveling outside of the normal event chains.  I'm kind of burnt out on map completion leveling.

edit: I just picked JQ to play with SLAP.  Honest.   Sad Panda
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:19:37 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: October 17, 2013, 11:07:51 AM

WvW is serious business.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #556 on: October 17, 2013, 01:51:39 PM

This may be nitpicky, but none of the stuff said by JQ people is "complaining." Call it insulting if you'd like, although I doubt that was the intent either. Criticism is a fine word for it, and had you used it in the first place, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. Also, I don't think the people of TC are bad people (I DO think the people of SoR are!  why so serious?), and I do find their position sort of weird, for the exact reason you stated. They faceroll the other T2 and below servers easily, but cannot handle going against the big three (because we are enormous). That's got to be weird.

I do think the leagues are stupid. There are going to be a lot of boring stretches in it.

Rasix

Reply #557 on: October 17, 2013, 01:58:30 PM

It doesn't make me want to play more or take it more seriously.  Although, I assume I'll be doing more of both.

People will probably be a lot crankier about losing.

-Rasix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #558 on: October 17, 2013, 02:05:28 PM

Everyone trying to farm the achievements should be hilarious.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #559 on: October 17, 2013, 03:14:28 PM

Depending on how Anet splits the match ups, the league will be karma train time for half of it at least. It's going to do a lot more harm then good in the long term.

I stand by my statements about TC, the dirty Yak lovers!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: