Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:56:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Patch Stuff Here 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Stuff Here  (Read 108452 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: March 22, 2013, 09:05:12 AM

http://themittani.com/news/mwo-march-19th-patch-review

Nice overview. See stealth buffs/nerfs

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:15:45 AM

Patch notes.

PATCH NOTES APRIL 16TH, 2013
Open Beta Update #15

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday April 16th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number:  TBA

Change Log

UPDATE

Greetings MechWarriors!

Can you hear the sound of bagpipes off in the distance? That is the sound of the Highlander standard variants marching into your mechbay.   This ‘Mech is a sight to behold and now you can take it for a spin without having to be in a Hot Pink Hero mech.

Introducing our first Champion ‘Mech! Chosen by the people for the people! The Dragon 5N is the first stock ‘Mech to get the Champion treatment with a 10% XP boost. Will this replace your existing DGN 5N?  Will this be your first Dragon?  Take the Trial Mech 5N Version for a spin and see how effective this ‘Mech is.

Battlefield coordination just got easier. We have added Lances and Lance Leader who can issue orders on the battle grid menu. The Commander can now issue orders to both Lances. You can press U to start a Lance Chat message in game. Read and use this feature to coordinate your team and dominate the battlefield!

For those customization lovers we have new 'Mech Statues for your cockpit and a cool new pattern called Fractal.

We have Projectile network improvements as well. Auto cannons, Gauss Rifles, and PPCs are affected by this change.  This should make some builds effective for players with high latency.

Read on for more fixes and changes.

- Matt Newman

Content

Highlander HGN-732

- Tonnage:  90.
    - Engine:  270.
        - Top Speed:  48.6 kph.
        - Max Engine Rating: 325.
    - Torso Movement:
        - 90 degrees to each side.
        - 20 degrees up and down.
    - Arm Movement:
        - 20 degrees to each side.
        - 30 degrees up and down.
    - Armor:  554 (Ferro-Fibrous).
    - Weapons & Equipment:
        - Left Arm:  SRM 6.
        - Left Torso:  LRM 20.
        - Right Torso:  2 Medium Lasers.
        - Right Arm:  Gauss Rifle.
    - Internal Structure:  Standard.
    - Hardpoints:
        - Left Arm:  2 Missile.
        - Left Torso:  1 Missile, 1 AMS.
        - Right Torso:  3 Energy.
        - Right Arm:  1 Ballistic.
    - Heat Sinks:  12 Single.
    - Jump Jets:  3 (3 Max).
    - ECM Capable?:  No.
    - Module Slots:  2.

Highlander HGN-733

- Torso Movement:
    - Arm Movement:
    - Armor:  558 (Standard).
    - Weapons & Equipment:
        - Right Arm:  AC/10.
    - Hardpoints:
        - Left Arm:  2 Missile.
        - Left Torso:  2 Missile, 1 AMS.
        - Right Torso:  2 Energy.
        - Right Arm:  1 Ballistic.
    - Heat Sinks:  13 Single.

Highlander HGN-733C

- Torso Movement:
    - Arm Movement:
        - 10 degrees to each side.
    - Weapons & Equipment:
        - Right Arm:  AC/20.
    - Hardpoints:
        - Left Arm:  1 Missile.
        - Right Arm:  2 Ballistic.
    - Heat Sinks:  13 Single.
    - Jump Jets:  3 (4 Max).

Highlander HGN-733P

- Torso Movement:
    - Arm Movement:
    - Weapons & Equipment:
        - Right Arm:  PPC.
    - Hardpoints:
        - Left Arm:  1 Missile.
        - Right Arm:  2 Energy.
    - Heat Sinks:  20 Single.

Highlander Variant Quirks

- HGN-732 and HGN-733 have a 10% faster turning rate.
    - HGN-733C has a 5% faster turning rate and a 5% faster torso movement rate.

Champion Mech: Dragon DRG-5N(C)

- Tonnage:  60.
        - Engine:  300 XL.
        - Top Speed:  81 kph.
    - Max Engine Rating: 360.
    - Torso Movement:
    - Arm Movement:
        - 40 degrees to each side.
    - Armor:  376 (Ferro-Fibrous).
    - Weapons & Equipment:
        - Left Arm:  Large Laser x2.
        - Right Arm:  Gauss Rifle.
    - Internal Structure:  Endo-Steel.
    - Hardpoints:
        - Left Arm:  2 Energy.
        - Center Torso:  1 Missile.
        - Right Torso:  1 AMS.
        - Right Arm:  3 Ballistic.
    - Heat Sinks:  12 Double.
    - Jump Jets:  n/a.
    - 10% XP Bonus.

New Cockpit items:

- Raven statue.
    - Stalker statue.
    - Commando statue.

New Skin:

- Fractal camo spec.

Gameplay

Maps

- Added baked in shadows to terrain in all maps.
    - Changed geometry near edge of Tourmaline Desert where many players were being led out of bounds.
    - Updated Warning Billboard signs shader in River City.

Networking

Host State Rewinding Phase 2 (Ballistic/PPC weapons)

- You should no longer have firing delay when shooting a ballistic/PPC weapon.
    - You should now be able to hit moving targets with these weapons even when experiencing latency up to ~450 ms.
    - Missile weapons are not affected by this change, but will be in the next host state rewinding phase.
    - The complete list of affected weapons:
        - PPC.
        - ERPPC.
        - AC20.
        - AC10.
        - AC5.
        - AC2.
        - Gauss.
        - LB10-XAC.
        - UltraAC5.

Performance

- Extra server compression of movement state transmitted to clients, reducing client downstream costs.

Matchmaking

- Added ability to tune weight class and Elo matching thresholds during runtime.
    - Adjusted player Elo down to their correct values by re-simulating match history (to account for the Elo-inflation bug).   
    - Users who disconnect during matchmaking are now correctly removed from their pending match. This should help reduce the number of erroneous 'failed to find match' errors.

Lances
    - Players will automatically be grouped into lances when they join a match.
    - Players who are grouped together before entering the match will be assigned to lances together as best as possible.
    - There is a maximum of 4 players per lance, and 3 lances per team.
        - Currently, the third lance will only be created if needed because of player groupings.
    - Players will now have a lance HUD element in the upper left of their screen which will inform them of their lancemates' health and grid location.
    - Members of your lance will be marked in a different color on your HUD.
    - In addition to taking command of the team, players can choose to take command of their lance while in the BattleGrid.
        - The team commander is automatically the commander of his lance.  The team commander's lance cannot have a separate lance commander.
    - Lance commanders can assign orders to their lance.  Only members of their lance will see the orders.
        - Lance commanders are marked with captain's bars.
    - Team commanders can assign orders to all lances, and see the orders given by all lance commanders.
        - Team commanders are marked with a star.
    - Commanders can remove orders they have given by clicking the order on the BattleGrid and choosing "REMOVE ORDER".
Team commanders can rearrange lance membership by dragging the players' names to different lances on the BattleGrid.
    - Players can chat to just the members of their lance by pressing 'U'.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an issue where certain users were getting random graphical corruption in the HUD (lots of multi colored polygons).
    - Fixed one case of users crashing mid game.
    - Fixed an issue where users with high latency would be stuck on a black screen after loading into a match.
    - Fixed an issue where after a user failed to load into a map other users could experience a black screen.
    - Fixed a bug that was causing Elo to rise by a large amount when defeating a weaker opponent, see details in command chair post.
    - Numerous map bug fixes.
    - Numerous Front End bug fixes.

General

- Additional tooltips added throughout the Front End.
    - Gameplay tips added to loading screens.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:42:31 AM

New Highlander model is much, much better.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 11:05:58 AM

New Highlander model is much, much better.

Too bad the variants are all terribad.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 11:09:01 AM

So actual different colour for my group mates?

How come I get the feeling that Piranha will manage to screw this up and assign my pre-made group into different lances.

Still forced grouping might (and heavy emphasis on the might) make PUGs a little better.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 02:05:12 PM

Had fun games tonight in a 4 man, lots of highlanders out there, they seem slow to turn but I need to unlock the skills to see if any better.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:12:53 PM

The scoreboard crash bug is back in a big way.  3 matches, 3 game-forced reboots when it tries to display the score.

Also, it seems the ballistics and center torso exploding are as bad as they were.  Also, my Elo seems to have stuck me I with idiots, while still matching me with more competent enemies.  All 3 games I was last man standing within the first 5 mins, light, heavy or assault mech. Heartbreak

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:06:07 PM

wow Piranha, way to make the lance colour almost exactly the same as the team colour.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 01:55:42 AM

Bought a Highlander.

If there's a worse mech out there, I don't know what it is.  And I'm fucking HONOR BOUND to use one.  It says Highlander on it, for fucks sake.

Still, the game seems stable (to me) and the graphics seem to have been overhauled since it's much prettier now for some reason.  In addition, the Ballistics are just so much faster it's not funny.  Took me two games to stop overshooting people and leading the target toooo  much.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 02:03:34 AM

Yeah, AC20 is even more lethal as a result of the projectile fix. AC40 Cats and Jags are quite terrifying and scarily accurate now no matter the distance. Same is true for anything PPC based actually.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 02:28:18 AM

wow Piranha, way to make the lance colour almost exactly the same as the team colour.

It's things like THIS that reassure me these chaps have very, very little in the way of QA.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 03:30:06 AM

Honestly the new colours are fine to me. It might have to do with your video card or just with the way different people perceive colours.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 04:37:07 AM

Whut ?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 05:11:23 AM

Yeah I don't get the bitching.. it's pretty distinct to me.  Like picking between "blue" and "cyan" in a color picker.  The exact color analogue is how someone on your  "friends list" shows-up in WoW vs. how other players names do.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 05:22:25 AM

You don't think that maybe just by picking two distinct colours, ANY bitching could have been avoided ?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 05:48:03 AM

No, because the complaint would be "It gets lost in the background" or "I'm colorblind."  I would guess that blue's used because it's the color best able to contrast against the environments, but I don't know enough about UI design.   Certainly can't be yellow and green gets lost/ turns grey for too many people.  Purple? Amber?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 06:22:28 AM

If there's a worse mech out there, I don't know what it is.  And I'm fucking HONOR BOUND to use one.  It says Highlander on it, for fucks sake.
Spider 5K

I had to throw in the towel after experiencing what Merusk did with the matching.  Also got sick of playing 'MechSniper Online.  When I got sick of it I took my little brawler into the open on Tourmaline (again, and again, and again) hoping my team would use the opportunity to take a few shots, but they were too busy cowering behind some rocks because apparently 'MechWarrior == Cover Shooter now.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 08:34:45 AM

Elo seems massively improved, I had very very few 8-1 or 1-8 rolls last night compared to 20%+ before the patch and ballistic rewind is working like a charm. As in, I'm hitting and registering damage on jumping lights going top speed w/ gauss charm.

Unfortunately the game itself is in a pretty poor state of weapon balance is my knee jerk reaction. UAC5 and AC20 were for my money the two most powerful weapons in-game before the patch. Now it doesn't even seem to be close. The fights are feeling a ton faster and pop tarting has become very prevalent though I wonder if that's because of the elo adjustments because I've always heard that higher up the food chain there was a lot more of ppc warrior pop tart online going on.

All in all good patch. No fucking idea what you guys are on about with the lance color. Let me say if they had made them blue and purple or something I would have been annoyed. I'd prefer the lances look like they are the same general IFF color because I'm not sure why I care so much about which lance is which, when I'm at the start and looking for people I'm using the info key and reading names anyways.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:37:20 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:02:23 AM

Open Beta Update #16

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday May 7th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: 1.2.219

Change Log

UPDATE

Greetings, MechWarriors

May is going to be a great month. I can feel it! Let's start by going over the content of this patch!

The Stalker Hero 'Mech "Misery" sure does live up to its name, with a paint job that reflects its war torn soul and the hard points to cause plenty of misery on the battlefield.
Just check out this trailer to see what I mean!

A new Trial 'Mech Champion! The Jenner JR7-F©. This is a legendary developer build that has been tearing through Atlas armour since closed Beta. Give it a spin and prepare to be tempted to purchase this Champion 'Mech on May 21st.

After making you wait long enough, you can now change the colours on your Hero 'Mech. We can't wait to see what kind of colour combinations you guys create.

We have a real treat for you, the Buccaneer custom pattern! I asked Alex (Flying Debris) what his inspiration was and this is what he said. I was imagining "Some crazy, bearded, malnourished man with missing teeth going to work with a paint roller in the 'Mech hanger while indulging in questionable substances. This mech painting bender happened after the force he was attached to made off with thirty tons of potatoes, women's shoes, and stereo equipment,from the last backwater planet they raided". Ok Alex. I am just going to back away slowly now. Plenty of hidden messages in this cool custom pattern can you spot them all?

New 'Mech statue Cockpit items added to round out the customization.

We have some good improvements and fixes as well, to clean up functionality and stability.

You should also be aware we are working hard to address the HUD issues and are getting closer to a solution.

See you on the battlefield,

Matt Newman

Content

New Hero Mech

“Misery” STK-M

- Stalker STK-M
- Tonnage: 85
- Engine: 255 Top Speed: 48.6 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 310
- Torso Movement:
- 65 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 30 degrees up and down
- Armor: 496 (Standard)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: 2 Medium Lasers
- Left Torso: Gauss Rifle
- Center Torso: Large Laser
- Right Torso: SRM 6
- Right Arm: 2 Medium Lasers
- Internal Structure: Standard
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 2 Energy
- Left Torso: 1 Ballistic
- Center Torso: 1 Energy
- Right Torso: 1 Missile, 1 AMS
- Right Arm: 2 Energy
- Heat Sinks: 21 Single
- Jump Jets: n/a
- ECM Capable?: No
- Module Slots: 1
- 30% C-Bill Bonus
- Quirks:
- 10% increase in turning rate
- 10% increase in acceleration

New Trial Champion Mech

Jenner JR7-F©

- Tonnage: 35
- Engine: 300 XL Top Speed: 138.86 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 300
- Torso Movement:
- 120 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side
- 30 degrees up and down
- Armor: 238 (Ferro-Fibrous)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: 3 Medium Lasers
- Left Torso: Jump Jet
- Right Torso: Jump Jet
- Right Arm: 3 Small Lasers
- Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 3 Energy
- Right Torso: 1 AMS
- Right Arm: 3 Energy
- Heat Sinks: 15 Double
- Jump Jets: 2 Max: 5

New Trial Mechs

- Jenner JR7-F©.
- Hunchback HBK-4G.
- JagerMech JM6-S.
- Highlander HGN-732.

New Cockpit items:

- Dragon statue.
- Awesome statue.
- Cicada statue.

New Premium Skin:

- Buccaneer Skin.

Air Strike Improvements:

- There is now a plane that flies over the sky when an Air Strike is called.

Gameplay

- Players can now change the colours on their Hero Mechs.
- Players can reset the colours of their Hero Mechs using the colour channel selection.

Front End

- Fixed friends list size limitation.
- Better incoming message notification.
- Improved message context sensitivity.
- Chat Color coding/User identification.
- Decoupled Anti-Aliasing from System Spec option.
- Implemented brightness/Gama option.

Bug Fixes

- Fixed an issue where users were being disconnected during game.
- Fix for possible soft lock users experienced while playing a match.
- Fixed a crash that some users experienced when the end of round screen timer ran out and they were kicked back to the Mech Lab.
- Fix multiple control rebind issues.
- Fix for 'Mechs losing the ~1km/h with speed tweak.
- Fixed a black screen bug that could happen to users after the loading screen.

Known Issues

- HUD issues.
- We will be pushing a hot fix for this issue as soon as it is addressed.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: May 07, 2013, 11:17:00 AM

So more MC-Credit grabbies and little else.  awesome, for real

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 11:26:38 AM

Crazy. One of those situations where I would LOVE to be in their office and see what the fuck are they thinking. I mean, there's no way in hell they are not gonna lose money over this.

EDIT: And next patch is in two weeks!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:36:09 AM by Falconeer »

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 12:13:27 PM

Crazy. One of those situations where I would LOVE to be in their office and see what the fuck are they thinking. I mean, there's no way in hell they are not gonna lose money over this.

EDIT: And next patch is in two weeks!

What if they can't see any long-term plan for revenue working out and are now just revving up the "cash shop"-machine to get the most out of the game when they still have exciting stuff (community warfare etc) in the works?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 12:53:48 PM

Annnnd crash.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 10:30:43 AM

PATCHNOTES, MAY 21st 2013.

PATCHNOTES:

Content

New Map - Canyon Network

Bordered by a metropolis on one side and a drop ship base on the other, the Canyon Network is essentially a rare green space in an otherwise arid landscape that doubles as a landfill. The maglev route that bisects the canyon is the most efficient means to transport supplies and personnel across the expanse and is therefore more valuable captured than destroyed. Likened to large scale foxhole warfare, the network is primed for snipers, surprise attacks and quick getaways. One MechWarrior, when asked, said the maglev was fought over so frequently as it was ‘the only way out of the garbage dump.’

New Battlemechs

Blackjack BJ-1
Tonnage: 45
Armor: 272 (Standard)
Internal Structure: Standard
Engine: 180
Top Speed: 64.8 kph
Max Engine Rating: 235
Torso Movement:
110 degrees to each side.
20 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:
0 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Weapons & Equipment:
Left Arm: Medium Laser, AC/2
Left Torso: Medium Laser
Right Torso: Medium Laser
Right Arm: Medium Laser, AC/2
Hardpoints:
Left Arm: 1 Ballistic, 1 Energy
Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
Right Torso: 1 Energy
Right Arm: 1 Ballistic, 1 Energy
Heat Sinks: 11 Single
Jump Jets: 4 (4 Max)
ECM Capable?: No
Module Slots: 2
Quirks: +15% torso twist speed
Blackjack BJ-1DC
Torso Movement:
90 degrees to each side.
20 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:
0 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Weapons & Equipment:
Left Arm: Medium Laser, AC/2
Left Torso: Medium Laser, Small Laser
Right Torso: Medium Laser, Small Laser
Right Arm: Medium Laser, AC/2
Hardpoints:
Left Arm: 1 Ballistic, 1 Energy
Left Torso: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
Right Torso: 2 Energy
Right Arm: 1 Ballistic, 1 Energy
Heat Sinks: 12 Single
Jump Jets: n/a
Blackjack BJ-1X
Engine: 225
Top Speed: 81 kph
Max Engine Rating: 295
Torso Movement:
80 degrees to each side.
20 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:
0 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Weapons & Equipment:
Left Arm: Medium Laser, 2x Flamer
Right Arm: Medium Laser, 2x Flamer
Hardpoints:
Left Arm: 3 Energy
Right Arm: 3 Energy
Heat Sinks: 18 Single
Jump Jets: n/a
Blackjack BJ-3
Torso Movement:
110 degrees to each side.
20 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:
0 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Weapons & Equipment:
Left Arm: Medium Laser, PPC
Right Arm: Medium Laser, PPC
Hardpoints:
Left Arm: 2 Energy
Right Arm: 2 Energy
Heat Sinks: 10 Double
Quirks: +15% torso twist speed

New Champion Mech:

Jenner JR7-F ©
Tonnage: 35
Armor: 238 (Ferro-Fibrous)
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
Engine: 300 XL
Top Speed: 138.86 kph
Max Engine Rating: 300
Torso Movement:
120 degrees to each side
20 degrees up and down
Arm Movement:
0 degrees to each side
30 degrees up and down
Weapons & Equipment:
Left Arm: 3 Medium Lasers
Left Torso: Jump Jet
Right Torso: Jump Jet
Right Arm: 3 Small Lasers
Hardpoints:
Left Torso: 1 AMS
Right Arm: 3 Energy
Heat Sinks: 15 Double
Jump Jets: 2
Max: 5
Module Slots: 1
10% XP Bonus.

New Hanging Cockpit items:
Kurita Medallion
Liao Medallion
Marik Medallion
Steiner Medallion
FRR Medallion
Davion Medallion

New PremiumSkin:
Cobra

New Modules:

Seismic Sensor:
7,500 GXP
200 m range
Detects enemy Mechs as they impact the ground during movement or falling
Enemy Mechs that move or fall within the module's range leave behind "blips" on the minimap and battlegrid
The heavier the Mech and/or the faster its speed, the larger and faster the blip
Advanced Seismic Sensor:
10,000 GXP
Automatically upgrades all Seismic Sensors
Increases the sensors' detection range to 400 m

New Consumable Modules:

UAVs - General Info:
With a UAV module equipped, you can press Insert to launch a UAV into the air, 150 m directly above you. The UAV will automatically target all enemy Mechs that come within its sensor radius; this information will be shared to your team
A UAV will not launch if there is insufficient clearance above you
The UAV can target Mechs that are shielded by ECM and will share this with your team
Like other shared enemy information, friendly Mechs blocked by ECM will not be able to receive this
A UAV will be destroyed after taking a cumulative 10 damage. The UAV will self-destruct after being in the air for a certain length of time
Destroying an enemy UAV is worth 50 XP

Consumable Module: UAV
Automatically unlocked
40,000 C-Bills
Hovers for 45 seconds before self-destructing
Detects enemies up to 240 m away
Can be detected and targeted by enemies within 180 m
Consumed upon use

Consumable Module: Advanced UAV
Automatically unlocked
15 MC
Hovers for 60 seconds before self-destructing
Detects enemies up to 240 m away
Can be detected and targeted by enemies within 180 m
Consumed upon use

Upgrade Module: Improved UAV
15,000 GXP to unlock
Upgrades the UAV module
Increases the UAV's hover time by 15 seconds (60 seconds total)
Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech

Upgrade Module: UAV Upgrade
15,000 GXP to unlock
Increases the sensor range of all your UAVs by 25%
Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech
Gameplay

ECM Hardpoint Restriction
ECM must be equipped on a designated hardpoint for all ECM Capable Mechs. (Similar to AMS)
All Mechs equipped with an ECM will have their ECM unequipped after this patch

Mech Movement Speed Changes
When a Mech takes damage after losing a leg, its maximum movement speed is capped at 15 kph for 5 seconds
This 5 second timer resets each time the Mech takes damage
When a Mech has lost a leg, its maximum movement speed is capped at 50% of its normal max speed, or 40 kph, whichever is lower
When a Mech has lost a leg, its maximum reverse speed is 2/3rds of its maximum forward speed.
When its forward speed is capped at 40 kph, the max reverse speed is 2/3rds of 40 kph (or 26.667 kph)

Match Making Update
All new players starting the game will have 2 Elo scores assigned to them.
New Player Elo = 1100 (N-Elo)
Standard Player Elo = 1300 (S-Elo)
Any new player (has 25 games or less in their history) will be using their N-Elo score to be matched with other players.
The outcome of the game will affect both their N-Elo score and their S-Elo score.
When the player has completed their 25th game, the N-Elo score is eliminated and the player from that point on will use their S-Elo score for match making.
This change makes the initial experiences of a new player much easier and prevents the player from playing players with numerous matches under their belts.

Weapon Tuning

LRM
Speed 120 (up from 100)
Damage 0.9 (up from 0.7)
AMS
Damage per bullet 3.5 (up from 2.0)
NARC
Range 450 (up from 270)
Duration 30 sec (up from 20 sec)
Ammo per ton 12 (up from 6)
LB 10-X
Spread 2.25 (down from 3.0)
PPC/ERPPC
Cooldown 4.0 (up from 3.0)
Machine Gun
Damage 0.08 (up from 0.04)
Range 120-240 (up from 90-200)
Crit Chance 0.11,0.06, 0.02 (down from 0.14,0.08,0.03)
Autocannon 5
Range 620-1700 (up from 540-1620)
Cooldown 1.5 (down from 1.7)
Beagle Active Probe
Now counters ECM within 150m.
BAP will only counter 1 enemy ECM 'Mech within its range
A Mech that equips both ECM and BAP will only receive the sensor range bonus and the ability to detect powered down Mechs from BAP. Other BAP features gets overridden by the active ECM.
Flamer
Target Flamer heat will not exceed 90%
Heat % will no longer jump when using flamer or being flamed
Target heat will increase exponentially due to Heat Retention
Other
LRM and SRM flight paths have been re-engineered. Missiles now fall in a manner that aligns with our vision of their operation.
Streak SRM flight paths remain the same
The bonuses from TAG, Narc, and Artemis to gain and lose a missile lock have been corrected and now properly stack together.
TAG decreases the time it takes to get a lock to 50% of the normal time, and increases the time it takes to lose a lock to 150% of the normal time.
Narc decreases the time it takes to get a lock to 75% of the normal time, and increases the time it takes to lose a lock to 125% of the normal time.
Artemis decreases the time it takes to get a lock to 50% of the normal time size when the Mech has line of sight to its target.
Known Issue: Artemis equipped Mechs will always receive these bonuses, even without line of sight.
Bonuses from TAG stack with those from Narc or Artemis, but an Artemis equipped Mech receives no bonuses from Narc Beacons
e.g. TAG and Narc together reduce the time to achieve a missile lock to 37.5% of the normal time (50% of 75%).
TAG, Narc, and Artemis now reduce the size of the overall size and spread of the missile formations.
TAG reduces the spread of missile formations to 75% of their normal size.
Narc reduces the spread of missile formations to 75% of their normal size.
Artemis reduces the spread of missile formations to 67% of their normal size when the Mech has line of sight to its target.
Bonuses from TAG stack with those from Narc or Artemis, but an Artemis equipped Mech receives no bonuses from Narc Beacons.
e.g. TAG and Narc together reduce the spread of missile formations to 56.3% of the normal size (75% of 75%).
Known Issue: Mechs with Artemis will currently receive the spread reduction bonus from Narc beacons.
Enemy disruption ECM will no longer mask the positions of your teammates
Air and Artillery strikes have had their splash damage radius increased to 25m (up from 10m). Mechs will start taking fairly substantial damage if caught in one of the two strikes. The radius remains the same no matter what level the strike is (including priority air/artillery strikes)

Front End
Added Mouse sensitivity options
Lance Improvements
Added local player and put him first on the list
Now displaying Alpha Lance instead of just Alpha, etc.
Added Mech type to player entries in both in HUD element and Battlegrid Lance Panel
All three lances now always show on Battlegrid
All lances show all four spots even if empty (empty spots have a different look than filled spots)
Team commander can move any player to any spot (dragging to a filled spot will still swap players)
Added drag icon to entries that did not already have an icon (only shows if you are team commander)

Performance
Gameplay bandwidth costs should be reduced

Bug Fixes
PPC's should now do appropriate damage within Min Range
Small amounts of packet loss should no longer cause extreme amounts of lag to the server
Players should be much less likely to get disconnected from a game due to poor network conditions
In-game chat messages should now be much more reliable
ECM & BAP will no longer function when the Mech they are in is powered down.

- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:01 PM

Patch notes, June 4th 2013.

Open Beta Update #18

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday June 4th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: 1.2.226

Change Log

UPDATE

Greetings MechWarriors

Get ready, this is your patch update in 3...2...1!

Oh the burning! The JagerMech Hero "Firebrand" is here - the 30% C-bill boost is HOT! The custom paint job is HOT! The Hard-point layout is HOT (be careful or your build will run hot too)! I am going to buy one right now because it's time to master my JagerMechs!

I have a new favourite camo pattern and it is called Sherman! It makes your Mech look like a WWII tank and you already own the perfect olive drab Green colour to go with it! So go get some Sherman Camo and storm the beaches of Forest Colony!

Ever wonder how your aim stayed perfectly stable while jump jets exerted enough force to lift all that tonnage off the ground? So did we! We had your mechanic take a look at things and turns out your Gyro was broken.... so we fixed it! You're Welcome. Here is a pro tip - Fire after you let go of your Jump jet thrust.

We also have also completed host state rewind for missiles (Programmer talk for awesome missile network code) and some great improvements in this patch for the lance communication and coordination.

Patch up, get ready to drop, and we will see you on the Battlefield!

Matt Newman

Content

New Hero Mech

"Firebrand" JM6-FB

- Tonnage: 65
- Engine: 280 XL
- Top Speed: 69.8 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 340
- Torso Movement:
- 100 degrees to each side.
- Arm Movement:
- 0 degrees to each side.
- 35 degrees up and down.
- Armor: 336 (Standard)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: PPC, AC/2
- Left Torso: Medium Pulse Laser
- Right Torso: Medium Pulse Laser
- Right Arm: PPC, AC/2
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 1 Ballistic, 1 Energy
- Left Torso: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 2 Energy
- Right Arm: 1 Ballistic, 1 Energy
- Heat Sinks: 15 Double
- Jump Jets: n/a
- Module Slots: 2
- 30% C-Bill Bonus

Trial Mech

- Spider SDR-5D
- Hunchback HBK-4P
- Cataphract CTF-4X
- Atlas AS7-RS

New Skin

- Sherman skin

Gameplay

- Jump jetting now cause:
- Screen shake - Jump jetting Mechs shake while jump jets are active.
- Cross hair shake - Cross-hair shake while jump jets are active.
- Weapon fire spread - Aiming weapons is randomly offset while jump jets are active.

Weapon Update

- LRMs now do 1.1 damage per missile.
- SRM spread reduced from 8m to 6m.
- Flamer self heat induction reduced from 1.1 to 1.0

User Interface

- Lance Improvements Phase 2
- Added text and audio notification when user receive an order
- Added text and audio notification when a team member takes a command position
- Company and Lance commander icons is now visible in team/lance chat channel
- Revised chat colours: Chat colours will correspond to each chat type: Global Chat (White), Team Chat (Blue), or Lance Chat (Green)
- Revised order icons to be more legible

Performance

- Host State Rewinding Phase 3 (Missile weapons)
- User should no longer have firing delay when shooting a missile weapon
- User should now be able to hit moving targets with these weapons even when experiencing latency up to ~450 ms
- Affected weapons: SRM2, SRM4, SRM6, NARC

Bug Fixes

- Fixed packet sequence number overflow problem in CryEngine
- This fixes the random disconnect to Mech Lab bug
- Fixed excessive transmission of tiny packets introduced by last patch
- This is expected to reduce overall bandwidth and improve the small increases in ping some users have been experiencing
- Fixed potential crash that would occur when entering match or when returning to Mech Lab

General

- Users can take screenshots by hitting the PrtScn button. Screenshots are saved in the the USER folder in the main directory of MechWarrior Online.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 02:43:04 PM

Print Screen is wellllll overdue.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 09:21:27 AM

Just to keep up with the "changes". Yesterday's patch, a big block of nothing. They say the good stuff is coming in July.

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday June 18th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: 1.2.227

Change Log

UPDATE

Give me a Q! Q!

Give me a U! U!

Give me an I! I .... don't want to do that any more. I want to stomp around in a new 'Mech. F.Y.I. I was spelling "Quickdraw", which is the new 'Mech.
This heavy 'Mech weighs in at and likes long walks on the beach, as long as there is glorious 'Mech combat at the end of that beach.

What happened to the Orion? The factory had some issues with orbital bombardment... production of the Orion will resume once the factory can be rebuilt. These 'Mechs don't just grow on trees, you know.

Which reminds me of a joke. If a tree falls in a forest... you must not be playing MWO.

We also added a new Champion 'Mech and made it a trial at the same time. The HBK - 4P©. A nice loadout at a good price with a 10% XP boost. Try it then buy it.

Design is tweaking weapon numbers, so read on and if you think this patch is small, all I can say is enjoy the calm before the storm because big things are aligning for July.

Many, many, things.

See you on the Battlefield

Matt Newman

Content

New Battlemechs

Quickdraw QKD-4G

- Tonnage: 60
- Engine: 300
- Top Speed: 81 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 360
- Torso Movement:
- 100 degrees to each side.
- 25 degrees up and down.
- Arm Movement:
- 35 degrees to each side.
- 40 degrees up and down.
- Armor: 256 (Standard)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: Medium Laser
- Left Torso: LRM 10
- Center Torso: SRM 4
- Right Torso: Medium Laser x2
- Right Arm: Medium Laser
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 1 Energy
- Left Torso: 1 Missile, 1 AMS
- Center Torso: 1 Missile
- Right Arm: 1 Energy
- Heat Sinks: 13 Single
- Jump Jets: 5 (7 Max)
- Quirks: +33% arm movement speed

Quickdraw QKD-4H

- Torso Movement:
- Arm Movement:
- 30 degrees to each side.
- Armor: 256 (Standard)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Torso: LRM 10
- Hardpoints:
- Left Torso: 2 Missile, 1 AMS
- Heat Sinks: 13 Single
- Jump Jets: 5 (5 Max)

Quickdraw QKD-5K

- Torso Movement:
- Arm Movement:
- 30 degrees to each side.
- Armor: 286 (Ferro-Fibrous)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Torso: Medium Laser x2
- Hardpoints:
- Left Torso: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
- Heat Sinks: 17 Double
- Jump Jets: 5 (5 Max)

New Champion Battlemech

Hunchback HBK-4P C

- Tonnage: 50
- Engine: 260
- Top Speed: 84.2 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 260
- Torso Movement:
- 120 degrees to each side.
- 16 degrees up and down.
- Arm Movement:
- 40 degrees to each side.
- 28 degrees up and down.
- Armor: 338 (Standard)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Head: Medium Laser
- Right Torso: Medium Laser x6
- Hardpoints:
- Head: 1 Energy
- Left Torso: 1 AMS
- Right Torso: 6 Energy
- Heat Sinks: 18 Double
- Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
- 10% XP Bonus.

Cockpit Items

- Spider Statue.

Maps

- Slight change to out of bounds location in River City (and River City Night) near upper city capture base to allow 'Mechs walking within visual city limits to not be considered out of bounds. Mini-map updated accordingly.
- Completed art beautification pass and asset optimization pass on Caustic Valley.
- Updated lighting in Caustic Valley - Extended fog distance, Extended depth of field distance, increased cloud layer fog amount, added fog pools to tailing ponds, general sunlight and ambient light tweaks.

Gameplay

Weapons

- Flamer damage increased to 0.7 (up from 0.4).
- Machine Gun damage increased to 0.1 (up from 0.08).
- Pulse Laser Normalization (See Command Chair post on this).
- Small Pulse Laser damage up to 3.4 (up from 3.0) and heat lowered to 2.4 (down from 3.0).
- Large Pulse Laser damage up to 10.6 (up from 10.0) and heat increased to 8.5 (up from 7.3).

Bug Fixes

- Extended view distance on many buildings on River City to solve problem where low spec machines were seeing through buildings or buildings were disappearing completely potentially revealing hidden 'Mechs.
- Fixed various level stuck bugs.
- Fixed some issues that were occurring in the Front End.
- Made more improvements to the bandwidth costs.
- Fixed a few crash issues some users were having.

General

- Improved Lance and Team order icons for better visibility on the compass, mini-map and battlegrid.
- The F9 button displaying FPS and location has been removed and is being reworked.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 09:28:58 AM

Easy to pick on the negative, but at least they can laugh at themselves at times  why so serious?
Which reminds me of a joke. If a tree falls in a forest... you must not be playing MWO.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 09:35:31 AM

I hate these developers so much. This game could be so awesome if they didn't suck at their jobs so bad.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 10:03:56 AM

patch July 2nd

tl;dr: No Sarah's mech, no seismic nerf, no ppc nerf, climb speed penalty and limits, overheat damage at 120%
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:12:07 AM by satael »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 10:28:27 AM

Meh.

Let's see how/if the new stuff impacts anything.

UPDATE:

- Honestly, I can't feel much of a difference in terms of speed, inclination and so on. Sure, there are more impassable points, but even though I am sure speed is affected, I can't relly feel it yet.
- They definitely changed the sounds of some weapon. PPC sound is different, some AC sound is different.

Too soon to tell but game seems identical.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 12:19:04 PM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 10:30:38 AM

Patch

Greetings MechWarriors

Top 10 Awesome things in this patch. #inmyopinion

Number 10. Visual bug Fixes – Bye Bye Flickering terrain! #thatisbetter

Number 9. Performance Improvements! We’ve been hard at work optimizing the code so 12 v 12 won’t hurt your frames as much. #cantwaitfor12vs12

Number 8. The Victor is available for C-bills now! Those with mech bays and fat C-bill accounts are recommended to purchase this ‘Mech immediately. #greatmech

Number 7. Victor Customization – Now that you own a Victor, it’s time to customize your mech. I recommend Buccaneer! #lookinggood

Number 6. The Atlas Champion is on sale. Stacking XP boosts from a Champion ‘Mech and a Premium Account can get you all the XP you need to Elite this mech. #getthosemodules

Number 5. Jump jet crosshair shake frequency has been reduced. #nomotionsick

Number 4. Testing Ground Map Selection - Finally you can pick which map you're testing your mech in! #choices

Number 3. Streak SRM Targeting – This is pretty in depth so you may want to Read how it works in the patch notes #hitallthethings

Number 2. SRM Damage buff – I can figuratively hear you cheering! #brawlingahoy
And the Number 1 awesome thing in this patch.

Heat Scaling – I’m not going to spoil this but go you should read up how it works in the patch notes. #gamechanger

There you have it MechWarriors!
See you on the battlefield!

Matt Newman

Content

New 'Mechs

Victor VTR-9K

Tonnage: 80
Engine: 320

Max Engine Rating: 385
Torso Movement:

90 degrees to each side.
20 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:

20 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Armor: 400 (Standard)
Weapons & Equipment:

Left Arm: Medium Pulse Laser x2
Left Torso: SRM 4, CASE
Right Torso: CASE
Right Arm: Gauss Rifle
Hardpoints:

Left Torso: 2 Missile
Right Torso: 1 AMS
Right Arm: 1 Ballistic
Heat Sinks: 15 Single
Jump Jets: 4 (6 Max)

Victor VTR-9B

Torso Movement:

90 degrees to each side.
20 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:

10 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Armor: 368 (Standard)
Weapons & Equipment:

Left Arm: Medium Laser x2
Left Torso: SRM 4
Right Arm: AC/20
Hardpoints:

Right Arm: 3 Ballistic

Victor VTR-9S

Torso Movement:

90 degrees to each side.
20 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:

10 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Armor: 336 (Standard)
Weapons & Equipment:

Left Arm: Medium Laser x2
Left Torso: SRM 6
Right Arm: AC/20
Hardpoints:

Left Torso: 3 Missile
Right Arm: 2 Ballistic

New Champion Mech

Atlas AS7-RS©

Tonnage: 100
Engine: 325

Top Speed: 52.6 kph
Max Engine Rating: 360
Torso Movement:

80 degrees to each side.
16 degrees up and down.
Arm Movement:

40 degrees to each side.
30 degrees up and down.
Armor: 608 (Standard)
Weapons & Equipment:

Left Arm: Medium Laser x2, AMS
Left Torso: LRM 15 w/ Artemis IV FCS x2
Right Torso: Gauss Rifle
Right Arm: Medium Laser x2
Hardpoints:

Left Arm: 2 Energy, 1 AMS
Right Torso: 1 Ballistic
Right Arm: 2 Energy
Heat Sinks: 13 Double
Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)
10% XP Bonus

Gameplay
Heat Scale Addition
Heat scale has been added to certain weapon systems. This is a heat penalty applied to weapons that are fired in an Alpha Strike manner. The following chart shows the MAXIMUM number of that weapon type that you can fire at the same time with no heat penalty.

Weapon System   
Max No-Heat Penalty Alpha   
Scale Multiplier

PPC   

ERPPC   

ML   

LL   

AC/20   

SRM2   

SRM4   

SRM6   

LRM15   

SSRM   

Maximum Heat Threshold
You will now take internal damage at 100+% heat. Reduced from 120%

SRM Damage Buff
SRM damage increased from 1.5 to 2.0
(Note: This is for SRMs only, not SSRMs)

Streak Missile Changes
Streak missiles will now target limbs more directly instead of near the joints. There are now 7 distinct locations a streak can target, the locations have been placed in the arms, legs, and left/right/center torso. The current weighting for a mech with all it's components is as follows:
Component
%

Left Arm   

Right Arm   

Left Leg   

Right Leg   

Left Torso   

Right Torso   

Center Torso   

TOTAL   

As arms become destroyed, the weighting will be rebalanced proportionally. For example, if the right arm and or left arm of a target has been destroyed, the new weighting will be as follows:
Component
%
Component
%

Left Arm   
18 |

(Left Arm)   

(Right Arm)   
0 |

(Right Arm)   

Left Leg   
18 |

Left Leg   

Right Leg   
18 |

Right Leg   

Left Torso   
13.8 |

Left Torso   

Right Torso   
13.8 |

Right Torso   

Center Torso   
18.4 |

Center Torso   

TOTAL   
100 |   
TOTAL   

Some other notes on the new streaks:

Legs that are destroyed will still be targeted by streaks.
If an arm is initially targeted but is destroyed before the streak connects, it will auto target the neighbouring torso piece instead.

Bug Fixes

Improved terrain flickering on all maps.
Fixed an issue where users who used a Saitek x52 joystick experienced dead zones.
Fixed an issue when chain firing AC 5 where the fourth shot would be delayed even though users should have been able to fire.
Artillery Strike and Airstrike will cause the camera to shake when 'Mech takes damage.
If a user is zooming, in thermal vision or night vision while power down in testing grounds, the camera will reset to default.
More optimization to bandwidth.
Fixed an issue where Streak missiles would appear to 'orbit' on client machines.

General

Now clicking on "Testing Grounds" in the mode select menu will bring up a dialog that allows users to select what level they wish to play.
Reduced cross-hair shake frequency while jump-jetting
Certain cockpit items will now animate when you power down/power up your 'Mech.
Catapult Founder has a new pattern, with this pattern comes the ability to color it as well.

- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:32:42 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 30, 2013, 11:48:16 AM

PATCH NOTES JULY 30TH, 2013

Next patch is in a week, not two weeks as usual.

Open Beta Update #22

Upcoming Patch - Tuesday July 30th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number:  1.2.233

Change Log

UPDATE

Greetings, MechWarriors.

What is this? A third patch in July? Madness!

First off, we want to acknowledge the amazing work the community is doing with the Sarah Jenner! We knew you were a caring community but these results are exceeding our expectations and for that we truly thank you.

It's summer and things are heating up around here with the release of our latest map Terra Therma. Lava is hot! So read the Patch notes for a full description. Remember to use Testing grounds with map select to learn your way around Terra Therma and test out your ‘Mech under these extreme heat conditions.

We also have a host of gameplay tweaks. Heat scaling is expanding its reach, linking weapons of similar types while seismic sensors get a range reduction. Air and Artillery strike get a bit of a buff.

Some programmer found us some frames and some other programmers fixed some bugs! Programmers are great!

One week today we will be patching again and I can’t wait!

So patch up your game and get ready to drop. I’ll see you on the battlefield!

Matt Newman

Content

New Map - Terra Therma

Terra Therma is a planet-sized moon in a large, synchronous orbit around an epistellar Jovian planet.

It is constantly exposed to tidal forces from its parent planet and therefore is prone to frequent volcanic eruptions and persistent tectonic activity; but, because of its large orbit, the gravitational influence on Terra Therma is not strong enough to expedite the natural degassing of primordial reservoirs of Helium-3 and Tritium.

These subterranean reservoirs (of T and H-3) are what bring the fight to Terra Therma. Their value, compounded by the ease of extraction are worth the installment and regular replacement of expendable, automated infrastructure; the same has been remarked about the ‘Mechs and their pilots.

“The only evidence of the constant battling over this hell-hole’s resources is in the paper work” one commander said, “as every fallen 'Mech and the sorry sob who piloted it, aka collateral loss, is quickly swallowed up by this fiery beast.”

Gameplay

Weapon System Heat Penalty Linking

- ERPPCs and PPCs will now share their max alpha limit.
    - LRM20, LRM15 and LRM10s now share their max alpha limit.
    - LL, ERLL, LPL will now share their max alpha limit.
    - SRM6 and SRM4 will now share their max alpha limit.

Linked weapons will always use the highest base heat value and highest multiplier of the weapons fired.  e.g. if you launch LRM15s with LRM10s, it will use LRM15 numbers.  If you fire Large Lasers with ER Large Lasers, it will use ER Large Laser numbers.

For detailed explanations to our current heat scale, please refer to our forum post here: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/127904-heat-scale-the-maths/page__pid__2575376

Seismic Sensor Ranges

- Seismic Sensor - Range reduced to 180m from 200m.
    - Advanced Seismic Sensor - Range reduced to 250m from 400m.

Air/Artillery Strike

- Radius of Artillery strike increased from 50m to 60m.
    - Radius of explosive shell increased from 25m to 30m.
    - Radius of Air Strike explosive shell increased from 25 to 30m.

Performance

- Optimization to the client code.
        - Math functions.
        - Gameplay code.
        - Rendering code.
        - HUD draw calls.

Bug Fixes

- Missiles were sometimes doing more damage than their listed amount.  This has been fixed.
    - SRM max range had an issue of being innacurate in the simulation.  This is now significantly improved and any variation should be negligible.
    - Heat penalties now properly reflected on the HUD when spectating other players.
    - Heat Containment Pilot Talent is now affecting the start-up sequence.  Players will return from overheat status faster if they have this upgrade.
    - Fixed many collision issues in River City (stuck against structures, walk-through buildings, etc...).
    - Fixed many "stuck on small rocks" bugs in Canyon Network.

General

- Spread out spawn point locations on Forest Colony.
    - Light 'Mechs will now use smaller death smoke columns.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 11:51:13 AM

And this is an update on what didn't make it on this patch but will be in next Tuesday's.

Buff to pulse lasers and ER large laser, nerf to PPC.

Weapon Balance continues on track as we head toward Launch.

This week, you see the linking of heat scales as well as buffs to the Air/Artillery Strikes. Seismic Sensor has taken a significant reduction in their effective radius.

Next patch, you will see the following:

- A % of critical damage done to the internals of a component will be applied directly to the inner structure of that component.
- Large and medium pulse lasers are going to have their beam durations reduced.
- ER Large Laser is going to have its base heat reduced.
- PPC and ERPPCs will be bumped by 1 base heat each.

p.s. Noticed a question about Terra Therma... yes... you will take damage if you stand in exposed lava. The longer you stand in it, the hotter it's going to get so be VERY careful.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 11:53:33 AM

Lava demands collision so I can punt lights in to it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Patch Stuff Here  
Jump to: