Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: So...anyone still playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So...anyone still playing?  (Read 61046 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 06:42:07 PM

Sounds like "Der" and I was drunk when I posted. My assertion stands.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 09:55:19 PM

Holy crap, does stuff get hard about halfway through the Shadowy Forest. If anyone is in a similar boat, then perhaps we can conspire to group up.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 08:09:20 AM

When I was just about done with Sun City, I decided to go back and do the baby quests I paused or missed.  There were quite a few.  I got a sweatshirt!  I also finally sorted out that stupid boat house quest.  Geez.  They really fucked that one up!  Anyway, I have crappy gear because I've never done any of the dungeons, but I got a chainsaw!!!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 09:26:39 AM

I have only done the first dungeon. It seems like I see the most dungeon spam in Agartha.  My big problem now is finding a build that helps me survive the mobs with a hojillion HP. I basically skipped the last few quests in the Shadowy Forest and jumped to Carpathian Fangs because I simply could not solo them by any means.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 10:31:39 AM

I ended up making my character a bit tanky because I was dying so much, too.  I never did Polaris but found recently that I can actually solo the mobs there.  Just.  There's not so much xp in it at this stage for me, either in Polaris or doing the old quests I missed, but the quests are fun.  I have two builds, both tank-ish and with penetration (not pervy penetration) but one is pretty much hateless (really, Spellchecker?  Dateless?  Fuck you.) for soloing.  Although I can survive most fights, even bosses, it takes about three times as long to kill something as it did with my dps guy.  Getting used to a new mouse is one of the reasons I backtracked to do old missions.  I need to learn to hop around without pressing dangerous thumb buttons.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 09:21:19 PM

I had a lovely time on Sunday doing silly stuff like 3 manning early dungeons with me being an overgeared healer/dps/tank and slightly geared dps and undergeared Savage Coaster who picked up shiney blues.

Then two more friends joined and we did The Darkness War Elite for more gear fun.

With timezone difference being a major pain, I'm happy to try and meet up on the weekend to help people enjoy the fun that is random Dungeons with other f13 people and non serious businessness.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 04:22:21 PM

I've got a question on CD keys since been thinking about trying this out and didn't want to start a new thread for it. Saw a link to a Swedish site selling the game for what amounts to about $7.50. If I bought it there anyone know if I could apply the CD key to my NA Funcom account?

Edit: Nevermind, it's a boxed copy not digital download.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:25:19 PM by veredus »
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 08:14:11 AM

I recently started playing an alt again. I've gotten into a Cabal which always helps and this alt is still back in Blue Mountain so lots of stuff to catch up on.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 09:10:18 PM

I recently started playing an alt again. I've gotten into a Cabal which always helps and this alt is still back in Blue Mountain so lots of stuff to catch up on.

What's your nick? I have a lumie alt that's started up too...
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 23, 2013, 05:38:21 PM

I logged back in for the first time in a few months and discovered I had over 12k Funcom points or whatever they're called.  I bought the last 2 DLC's and 2 potion things that give you ability points, one gives you 100 the other 50.  You can only use them once a week, though.  This must be something new as I never saw them before.  I also had 120 of some other kind of currency which I was able to buy some gear with.  That must be new, too. 

Anyway, how and where do you get the auxiliary weapons?  Do you get them through quests or vendors?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 05:51:08 PM

Quests.

I am the .00000001428%
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #46 on: April 24, 2013, 07:56:22 AM

I'm taking a little break and playing with Tera and some console games.  I still adore the quests in this game and see myself being into it for as long as they keep making decent content. 

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #47 on: April 25, 2013, 05:16:02 AM

I'm taking a break as well to finish Skyrim. I'll be back for the next chapter update though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 25, 2013, 05:47:36 PM

Likewise but I might drop in every now and then for an hour

Edit: So it turned out to be a 8 hour session but at least my friends have done all the Elite dungeons now  DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 04:33:21 PM by Llyse »
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 05, 2013, 06:28:10 AM

TSW and Binding of Isaac are the only games that are still installed on my computer. Even though I don't play TSW that often, I (was one of the few who) purchased a lifetime subscription, so with a lifetime of free monthly Funcom points and some other little cosmetic perks now and again, it's really the only F2P worth playing for me. It's fun to log in and play the new updates when they're released, and I still haven't seen all of the content or unlocked all of the skills, so there's always something to do.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 09:49:51 PM

I also bought a lifetime sub. Don't regret it for a second and just logged in yesterday for my free one-year t-shirt and the double AP bonuses. There's a bunch of free shit happening until the 8th when Issue 7 kicks off. Looks like I'll be playing this a lot over the next couple of weeks.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #51 on: July 06, 2013, 11:01:30 AM

I actually pay a monthly on this and need to get back to playing. This event is a perfect excuse.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 05:38:10 PM

Yeah I'll be aiming to do all the guardians as well as the new flamethrower.

Edit: Did 4 of the guardian's last night and it's not bad exp and fun. Just go /chat join anniversary and friend whoever's advertising they're on a boss, meetup, get to the coordinates, hit a boss and get free exp/achievements.

I'm definitely thinking of doing this for my alt...  why so serious?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:29:07 PM by Llyse »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #53 on: July 10, 2013, 09:20:44 PM

The new episode is SO fucking good too.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 05:29:04 PM

I randomly started playing this again, never got out of the first island before I quit. Did some quests, now I'm supposed to head to Blue Ridge Mine. Some mobs were kicking my Chaos/Rifle ass, so I splurged my points on the Commando deck to see what's up. Got my ass kicked even more, but I guess that's cos all my gear is health focused.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 06:29:36 PM

If you need gear, send me a mail, I can probably make you some decent weapons.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #56 on: July 19, 2013, 06:00:12 AM

I picked this game up on Steam and it makes no sense to me, I can see why it tanked so quick.  They need at least a tutorial on the whys and wherefores of decks and powers AND a statement somewhere therein that you should be switching decks for certain encounters. 

Expecting your players to figure that out or research enough to find that out is clownshoes. Only hardcore players do that sort of thing.  Great way to foster an elitist community, terrible way to try and run a game.

Still, as my white-clad Pistol/ Elemental character builds more starter decks I'm learning.  Still can't take on mobs in areas I should be able to at 60Ap, which is going to require redoing stupid zombie stuff, but meh.  At least the ring and xp-booster the anniversary event gave me makes point grinding go pretty quick.

Wish I knew why everything other than the starter zombies still con red, though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #57 on: July 19, 2013, 07:00:32 AM

I picked this up and its way more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

My biggest gripe so far is it's 40GB download and it plays like shit on my computer even with all graphics turned down I still get hella lag.

Just feels super unoptimized?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:18:07 AM by MrHat »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #58 on: July 19, 2013, 09:11:07 AM

Just feels super unoptimized?

Or as it's known in the real world... Funcom.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 19, 2013, 09:31:22 AM

My game is running super smooth with most everything on. Make sure you don't have any DX11 features on, those never work.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 09:58:11 AM

Also, shadows should be the first thing to lower/turn off.  That seems to have the biggest impact.

Over and out.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 19, 2013, 11:33:43 AM

I'll give that DX11 a go, wasn't sure if that was it.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #62 on: July 19, 2013, 12:56:11 PM

I haven't had any performance issues but my system is still pretty beefy even though it's over a year old now.  Not sure I have DX11 turned-on either.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:49 PM

I haven't had any performance issues but my system is still pretty beefy even though it's over a year old now.  Not sure I have DX11 turned-on either.

I think my system might finally be needing an upgrade.

Not just for this, but I've played enough games over the last year at low settings.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 19, 2013, 05:13:13 PM

The Commando business really didn't suit me, so I decided the problem was Assault Rifles. Went with Enforcer (Shotgun/Chaos) and mobs are finally dying instead of me. Plus it feels extra manly to unload your shotgun at monsters and then finish them off by punching them with your green magic fist.

One thing that really weirds me out is that every quest in the Blue Mountain zone is marked as hard when I take it. I have level appropriate gear so it makes no sense. Maybe it's because the mobs have only just started dropping the next QL of gear?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:15:23 PM by jakonovski »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #65 on: July 19, 2013, 05:36:33 PM

The conning system for both mobs and quests are odd, a by product of there not being one clear level to rank against.  IIRC the missions con against your skill levels in talismans and equipped weapons.  So if you've only been increasing your weapon skills but your talisman skills are still at QL1 it would con hard against a QL3 mission.  It's a good idea to keep all your talisman skills up but the early temptation is to blow all your points on weapons you want to try out.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #66 on: July 19, 2013, 07:38:58 PM

Talismans first, weapon shit will always get better as you progress, but your talismans will help you with more than just your damage output.

It's running smooth as glass on my machine, but then, most things do.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #67 on: July 22, 2013, 05:03:06 AM

Good lord this first area goes on forever.  Finally got through the Island and now I have to go to a mine?  I'm sick of zombies, bring on the real occult, dammit!

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #68 on: July 28, 2013, 07:30:53 PM

Yes, the moth-beasts will be much more fun.  why so serious?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: July 28, 2013, 11:46:08 PM

Yeah choosing the wrong skills can really slow down your progress but you're not technically gimped...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: So...anyone still playing?  
Jump to: