Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2022, 01:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.)  (Read 492019 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #2415 on: November 16, 2021, 12:05:09 PM

I did like 90% of the what ifs

the problem is you
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2416 on: November 16, 2021, 01:27:26 PM

The only thing keeping me somewhat optimistic was the initial strength of the Didny+ shows (Wanda/Cap/Loki, though Cap stumbled a lot). What Ifs were just not my jam. At least a couple episodes of the Star Wars anime stuff were worth watching, in comparison (and I dislike anime).

I did see Black Widow (didn't realize it was included with Didny+ yet) over the weekend. It was...ok? I'd rather have seen a Crimson Dynamo movie, tbh (and the Weinstein stuff was just pure cringe). I really have zero interest in Shang-Chi (I don't even remember him from comics at all) or the Eternals, they just look bad with no nostalgic mitigation.

But seriously. Crimson Dynamo.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2417 on: November 16, 2021, 01:32:34 PM

Red Guardian, you mean?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2418 on: November 16, 2021, 06:59:45 PM

Well, dialing down expectations from SAVE HALF OF ALL THE LIVING BEINGS IN THE GALAXY is a bit of a heavy lift. I won't call the code on the MCU until Multiverse of Madness sucks.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #2419 on: November 19, 2021, 10:22:54 AM

Well, dialing down expectations from SAVE HALF OF ALL THE LIVING BEINGS IN THE GALAXY is a bit of a heavy lift. I won't call the code on the MCU until Multiverse of Madness sucks.

--Dave

spider man no way home looks like an utter masterpiece

anyone thinking the MCU has even missed a beat after Wandavision and Loki is a hack and a liar

no one should have ever expected eternals to be good and captain america shit has always been inconsistent and falcon just doubles down on that
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #2420 on: November 19, 2021, 04:02:04 PM

Let me put it this way. When folks were going har har har Guardians of the Galaxy looks stupid, there's a talking racoon in it, folks who'd read the comics were like "no wait actually guys this has a chance to be really good, the source material is fantastic".

When people were like "hey they pulled off Guardians of the Galaxy, I bet Eternals will be great", folks who'd read the comics were like "man, I dunno, the source material kind of sucks and I have no idea why they're doing it".
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #2421 on: November 22, 2021, 09:05:18 PM

--Dave

I don't think you got to tell "BIG MASSIVE THE UNIVERSE IS ENDANGER" type of stories for all movies going forward. I mean Black Widow worked not because of the "secret evil plot by yet another super secret organization who runs the world from the shaaaaaaaaadows" but because Natasha was reconnecting with her family and the complex feelings of knowing in your head they weren't real but also wanting them to be real. The marvel tv shows mostly the same diff, even loki explores the emotional center of loki as a character with the whole multiverse being a backdrop.

Compare that to say Shangi-Chi and Eternals, "So my dad really wants me to help bring back my really dead mom who we both know is really dead and oh yeah he keeps sending assassins after me and my sister like he's cobra commander" or "So we gotta save this planet cause we live here sorta and kind of like this place even though we spent 7000 years waiting to go home..wooah".
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 12:31:30 PM by MediumHigh »
schild
Administrator

Reply #2422 on: November 23, 2021, 10:52:44 AM

black widow was actually terrible and i would argue it didn't work

and I'm a stan for half the cast
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #2423 on: November 23, 2021, 12:31:48 PM

Opps
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.)  
Jump to: