Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:27:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2013 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013 College Football  (Read 93689 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: November 30, 2013, 04:54:43 PM

Wasn't a challenge. Can't challenge in the last two minutes.

Shhhhhh!  Don't spoil my fun!  why so serious?

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #386 on: November 30, 2013, 06:47:27 PM

What nobody wants to talk about UGA beating Georgia Tech in double OT?  why so serious?

I don't really care if the BCS does or doesn't have an SEC team. Every time they put one in there, the SEC wins it, so that's all I care about. Hell, Ohio State over Michigan State is hardly a foregone conclusion. This thing still has legs.

If it's Ohio State versus FSU with Winston though? Ohio State gets run out of the building.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #387 on: November 30, 2013, 07:18:23 PM

What nobody wants to talk about UGA beating Georgia Tech in double OT?  why so serious?

I don't really care if the BCS does or doesn't have an SEC team. Every time they put one in there, the SEC wins it, so that's all I care about. Hell, Ohio State over Michigan State is hardly a foregone conclusion. This thing still has legs.

If it's Ohio State versus FSU with Winston though? Ohio State gets run out of the building.

OSU struggled with Michigan... I could assume they'll get that precious undefeated streak broken against Mich St, at least I hope. Auburn will backdoor it in after a win over Missouri or South Carolina.

But what no one REALLY wants to talk about is DUKE has a 10 win season and Coastal ACC champs. What the hell is going on down there?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Sadly, I fear they may be embarassed in the ACC championship.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: November 30, 2013, 07:22:43 PM

Auburn had a miracle win tonight and one over Georgia.  These are the kinds of breaks that makes national champions.  Not saying they are lucky, just saying that the SEC is brutal and a couple of balls bouncing your way can make the difference. 

Grats to Auburn and fuck you Alabama and Nick Saban.  awesome, for real
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #389 on: November 30, 2013, 07:40:15 PM

Florida State beats whoever they play.  Unless Winston is in jail. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #390 on: November 30, 2013, 07:54:15 PM

Florida State beats whoever they play.  Unless Winston is in jail.  

Auburn would give them a game, but anybody else I think is just fodder.

EDIT: Good for Mizzou, they played well.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 08:06:37 PM by Paelos »

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #391 on: November 30, 2013, 11:15:34 PM

Real solid effort against ASU there.  rolleyes  I have to endure the taunts from Tempe for another year.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #392 on: December 01, 2013, 12:41:03 AM

Real solid effort against ASU there.  rolleyes  I have to endure the taunts from Tempe for another year.

It could have been worse.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #393 on: December 01, 2013, 06:47:28 AM

I'm very happy I won't have to hear any more about how AJ McCarron deserves the Heisman this year because of ... uhhh ... like national championships from the last two years.

Honestly, if it doesn't go to Winston because the voters want to play psychic judge and jury, it absolutely deserves to go to Jordan Lynch, a guy who has 22 passing TDs with only 5 picks, 2457 yards in the air, 1755 on the ground, 20 rushing TDs, an undefeated team, a shot at a BCS bowl for the second year in a row, and a guy who has shattered rushing records in the FBS while doing it in the snow.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #394 on: December 03, 2013, 06:30:51 AM

I don't understand the USC hire at all. I don't know that Sarkesian is better than Orgeron.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #395 on: December 03, 2013, 07:01:51 AM

I don't understand the USC hire at all. I don't know that Sarkesian is better than Orgeron.

Local boy > southern boy

I do agree with you though. Orgeron is going to get picked up somewhere, do well there, then jump back into the power conferences within 5 years.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #396 on: December 03, 2013, 07:17:15 AM

I was a bit negative on Sarkisian as well, but the more I think about it the more I think it may be a decent hire.  He has not regressed in any season that he's been there, i.e. he has shown slow improvement with time.  That seems to fit in with what Hayden wants.  His recruiting will be fine at USC.  Orgeron already died at Ole Miss.  I just don't see him being the guy for USC long term.  Sarkisian is also young, so he could be there a while. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #397 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:50 AM

I'll go ahead and go on record. I think USC missed out on their first choice and settled too quickly for Sarkisian. I think it's a bad hire. He took a Washington team from 0 wins to functional. But even in that time, he's only managed to win a single bowl game, and Washington has never been in the talks for a shot at the PAC title.

This is a COMPLETELY different culture at USC. While he can recruit better there, what I have heard they wanted was a high level proven coach. This isn't it.

WayAbvPar

Reply #398 on: December 03, 2013, 09:04:39 AM

I am not sure you realize exactly how barren the cupboard was at Washington when he arrived. That team was fucking TERRIBLE, and he coaxed 5 wins out of them his first season. When his recruits started making a difference, they improved even more. I still think he has a lot to learn about game management and adjustments, but his recruiting ability is top notch. I think he will fine if they give him enough room to get comfortable and don't crawl up his ass with a microscope if he goes 9-3 the first year.

That being said- I am strangely at peace with him leaving. Once Kiffin (predictably) tapdanced all over his own genitalia, it was pretty obvious Sarkisian was going to be very high on USC's wish list. I just hope the AD doesn't fuck up this next hire...it is crucial.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #399 on: December 03, 2013, 09:20:14 AM

Maybe Tyrone Willingham is available? 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #400 on: December 03, 2013, 10:44:24 AM

I'm hearing they are going to offer Jim Mora Jr. the Washington job.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #401 on: December 03, 2013, 11:08:12 AM

That is who USC should have hired, but they never would because of the rivalry. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #402 on: December 03, 2013, 01:51:08 PM

I'm hearing they are going to offer Jim Mora Jr. the Washington job.

That would be fine with me. I thought he got screwed by the Seahawks. I have always liked/respected him. And he won't be fucking off for greener pastures.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #403 on: December 04, 2013, 09:38:56 AM

Marcus Mariota returning will make the Ducks quite formidable, yet again. 
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #404 on: December 06, 2013, 07:01:19 AM

Looks like Boise's Peterson is heading to UDub.  Seems like a good hire, although I'm a little bit wary that he may have "shot the wad" so to speak.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #405 on: December 06, 2013, 07:18:16 AM

I think Peterson will be fine there. The only question is can he translate what he did for Boise's defense over to the PAC-12 with those high-powered offenses? Because that's where Washington lost games. They can already score the ball, they need defensive help and recruiting help.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #406 on: December 06, 2013, 07:38:36 AM

He was the best hire they could make, there's no doubt about that in my mind.  He was obviously the "working parts" behind Dan Hawkins' success and is a decent coach.  I'm still not convinced he will be successful.  At Boise he was gifted with greatly above average players for the league he was in.  He will not have that advantage at UW, I'd imagine.  Not that you can't have a system work in that scenario, but it does change the dynamic.  Recruiting to UW is a whole different deal than recruiting to Boise.  What he did there was amazing, but put Boise in a 12 game PAC-12 schedule and I doubt we'd see undefeated seasons.  So we'll see, I guess.  It was the right hire if they could get him. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: December 06, 2013, 09:47:00 AM

Ugh, not pleased to see that. He'll do well I think.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #408 on: December 06, 2013, 10:11:58 AM

New Cal slogan for 2014?

"We're still fielding a team!"

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: December 06, 2013, 11:54:27 AM

We just sold the naming rights to our field (not even the stadium, that actually would be lame) and people are calling it a DESECRATION. So we'll have stuff to keep us busy!

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #410 on: December 06, 2013, 11:57:05 AM

Have they started camping out in the trees yet? awesome, for real
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: December 06, 2013, 11:58:21 AM

Nah this is a different band of complainers, the tree people have never set foot inside Memorial. These are old cranky alumni, most of them can barely climb the stairs let alone into a tree.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #412 on: December 06, 2013, 12:00:35 PM

Oh, that's no fun.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #413 on: December 06, 2013, 12:10:25 PM

Looks like tOSU is only a 6 point favorite against Michigan State.  I have a feeling MSU is going to pull off the upset.  I can't wait to see all the Buckeye tears. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #414 on: December 06, 2013, 12:15:05 PM

Looks like tOSU is only a 6 point favorite against Michigan State.  I have a feeling MSU is going to pull off the upset.  I can't wait to see all the Buckeye tears.  

My only concern is can MSU score points? Their offense is only slightly more competent than Florida.

EDIT: Also, they've played nobody currently ranked either. This will be the first time either team has had any real test.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:17:15 PM by Paelos »

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #415 on: December 06, 2013, 12:23:57 PM

FSU is a 30 point favorite over Duke.   awesome, for real
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: December 06, 2013, 01:53:00 PM

Looks like tOSU is only a 6 point favorite against Michigan State.  I have a feeling MSU is going to pull off the upset.  I can't wait to see all the Buckeye tears. 

Any Buckeye fan with a lick of sense* is approaching the MSU game with a healthy dose of fear and/or respect. Last weekend, the Michigan quarterback almost single-handedly made our defense look bad, and he could barely walk.

On paper, it's an interesting matchup. OSU strong offense vs MSU strong defense, and OSU's will-they-show-up-this-week D versus MSU's not-so-remarkable offense. I'm looking forward to it  Grin

* insert obligatory joke here

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #417 on: December 06, 2013, 02:17:24 PM

I'm glad it's the late game. Because the SEC drama will be over and every winning fan will be flocking to the TV rooting hard against Urban and his band of cakewalking misfits.

Also, Ohio State could have made it last year if they didn't cheat, and it probably would have been more interesting than watching Bama cream Notre Dame.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: December 06, 2013, 02:34:15 PM

I'm glad it's the late game. Because the SEC drama will be over and every winning fan will be flocking to the TV rooting hard against Urban and his band of cakewalking misfits.

Also, Ohio State could have made it last year if they didn't cheat, and it probably would have been more interesting than watching Bama cream Notre Dame.

Looks like the tears are starting early  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: December 06, 2013, 03:44:11 PM

I'm no fan of Ohio State but them getting into the championship to play Florida State would be worth it just to see all the SEC tears.

Over and out.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2013 College Football  
Jump to: