Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:10:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Signup Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Signup Thread  (Read 55462 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 01:14:47 PM

I don't think I would characterize lizards or ogres as 'bash' teams myself, despite high STR. They're more midrange in terms of overall capabilities.

It looks likely I will be playing Necromantic by the way. I will have a final answer by Saturday, there's still an outside chance I could go with pro elves, I think I've ruled out orcs and dwarves just for the sake of league variety.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 01:16:03 PM

All these dwarves...it's so tempting to bring back the Presidents.  That armor needs breaking.

Yeah, my bloodthirster's claws are already tingling in anticipation!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 01:29:46 PM

I think I'll be bringing back my rats, the Zellar DwellarZ. I just seem to play Skaven best. I've considered trying one of the new Chaos edition teams, but I've been so busy playing FM13 that I haven't loaded BB at all.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:34 PM

I'm in.  Team to be decided.

Hello!  I haven't played here before, but have played with IainC over on Qt3 and Broken Forum.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 03:28:12 PM

I am halfway tempted to switch my team to one of my crappy elf teams, just for variety's sake.

EDIT: And also because I hate myself, but that probably goes without saying.

God Save the Horn Players
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 03:45:20 PM

I just seem to play Skaven best.

I think my overall record with Skaven is far ahead of everything else I try, too, but I fear when my Gutter Runners are stomped to death it will be too traumatic.   

Elves are mighty tempting with the lineup that is forming, but NO, KHORNE IT SHALL BE.  Their Frenzy makes each game different, at least.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 04:41:23 PM

Alright, I decided I'm playing the Understone Raiders.  1380 TV + 20k cash.

Steam: jasperphillips
BBManager: Jaded Jasper
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:37:36 PM by Jasper »
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 06:00:56 PM

I am officially back in this season.  I shall edit this post with my team when it is chosen.

Team Name: The Chemical Elvers
Team Race: High Elf
Team TV: 1980 (+100k cash)
Steam Name: CelerLOL
BB Coach Name: Celer

I can't decide between my High Elves powerhouses and an Underworld/Chaos Dwarf feeder team.  At least when I lose with the new team I can blame a lack of skills... when you have a 4ST 5AG elf blodger and like 2000 TV, my failings are my own.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:15:34 AM by Celer »
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 06:54:39 PM

I'm in for this season. Not sure about team yet.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 07:56:00 PM

Purple Inferno is 'done' feedering - listed TV 1280 + an injured 90 TV dude for a real TV of 1370, and $30 cash.  I swear I did not try to get 1400 exactly but I did.  I really just wanted that third reroll.  I look forward to screwing up Frenzy all the time in the league.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 07:57:19 PM

Team Name: The Banned
Team Race: Necromantic
Team TV: 1230 (for now)
Cash Reserves: 40k
BB Coach name: Ingmar-f13
Steam name: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ingmarrrr

Tanks vs. Mechs: An MMO subscription chart

Bring the noise...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:33:15 PM by Ingmar »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 08:05:24 PM

Purple Inferno is 'done' feedering - listed TV 1280 + an injured 90 TV dude for a real TV of 1370, and $30 cash.  I swear I did not try to get 1400 exactly but I did.  I really just wanted that third reroll.  I look forward to screwing up Frenzy all the time in the league.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Frenzy fuck-ups are the BEST fuck ups. You get to go "oh wait ... oh GOD DAMMIT" so much more often with those.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 12:10:08 PM

My ladies are at 1720 TV although due to injuries I can only field a 1420 team for the next match. In the bank, we have 840k gold. Also, Fun Factor boostin my TV by 70? Really?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 12:48:31 PM

Ingmar, your interpretation as a lay person was correct.

Everyone: Please remember to add your Steam ID and BB Coach name to your signup posts - even if you played before and even if your various nom de plumes are all identical. It will make it easier for new people to figure out who is who.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 12:53:54 PM

After seeing the TV values of the signed up teams, I've decided to withdraw and let the big boys play instead.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 12:58:36 PM

Don't be afeared of the TV differences. There are a lot of new/low TV teams as well and even if you do get drawn against a high TV team, you'll get a lot of toys to use against them to even the playing field dramatically.

It's not as big a deal as it sounds - you generally lose because of the other player's skill* rather than because of their team value.

*Or because the RNG hates you but that too is Bloodbowl.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:00:10 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #51 on: January 26, 2013, 01:44:15 PM

Seriously RK, do not give up because of that. If it helps convincing you, I'll step forward and abandon my old team to start with a new one. I just hate when people are interested but are turned off by differences in experience. Seriously, lots of people started with fresh teams and did amazingly against all kinds of TV. Blood Bowl does a good job at helping the less experienced team. In fact, you shouldn't worry too much about the TV difference, but in the experience of the player behind those teams. Meaning, a noob could have a 3000 TV team and lose anyway.

Bottom line, please reconsider. You may eventually lose all your games, but that won't be due to TV differences. And I stand by my word, if it helps getting more players I'll start with a new team.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #52 on: January 26, 2013, 02:17:11 PM

I kind of feel bad posting this because of the current discussion but it is really fitting.

Update for my TV - 1930 with 330,000 in the bank

That being said, I've been out in the first round of Failoffs in consecutive seasons and stand by the fact that my team will boost your TV (if we're in the same division) thanks to squishy little snotlings.
It is a constant source of amusement for me to have one of the biggest teams and worst win ratios  swamp poop

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 02:22:14 PM

Look at mister moneybags!  And 840k on Falconeer's Amazons... good lord, how do all the high-TV teams have so much money?   I am always scrimping and saving to afford replacement players on my teams.  All those dead thro-ras cost money you know!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 26, 2013, 02:23:43 PM

I started season 6 with a fresh skaven team (and ended it with tv below 1000 but that's just bad luck) and while I didn't make it to playoffs I did manage to win some games  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #55 on: January 26, 2013, 03:20:41 PM

I kind of feel bad posting this because of the current discussion but it is really fitting.

Update for my TV - 1930 with 330,000 in the bank

That being said, I've been out in the first round of Failoffs in consecutive seasons and stand by the fact that my team will boost your TV (if we're in the same division) thanks to squishy little snotlings.
It is a constant source of amusement for me to have one of the biggest teams and worst win ratios  swamp poop

You play Ogres, so it doesn't count. You only have like, 1/2 a functioning team at any given time.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #56 on: January 26, 2013, 03:39:34 PM

Don't drop out 'cause you're a new team. Inducements really do help make up the difference. Plus! If you're a new, low TV team, you have the chance to upset one of the grown up teams in a spectacular way and break everyone's head!

Right IainC?  why so serious?

(Some day I will stop bringing that up, but aside from my bullshit tie against Ingmar in the last season I played, I think it was my finest BloodBowl moment. :P)

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 26, 2013, 03:51:40 PM

Yeah, the TV thing is illusory. I mean it. I was totally in the same boat when I began playing and I adamantly refused to believe that TV trumped anything else, but the inducements you get, if spent wisely, really do make up the ground. Don't be scared by it.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 26, 2013, 05:12:35 PM

Look at mister moneybags!  And 840k on Falconeer's Amazons... good lord, how do all the high-TV teams have so much money?   I am always scrimping and saving to afford replacement players on my teams.  All those dead thro-ras cost money you know!

I think my dwarves have 500k banked? Maybe less, I think they need a new lineman.

EDIT: The reason Falc has so much money is he never fires and replaces his ladies despite their crippling injuries.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:31:22 PM by Ingmar »

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 09:50:44 PM

I'm in. With... something. Something AV7, probably. I didn't learn my lesson hard enough last time. I think my problem was not enough whiskers. Is there a deadline?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 26, 2013, 10:49:54 PM

Someone should pick Underworld so all three of the new teams are represented.  Note, however, I just played an Underworld feeder game vs. Ingmar's Pro Elves and it was awful.  They seem kinda rough to start, unless it was user error on my part.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 26, 2013, 11:50:19 PM

Seriously RK, do not give up because of that. If it helps convincing you, I'll step forward and abandon my old team to start with a new one. I just hate when people are interested but are turned off by differences in experience. Seriously, lots of people started with fresh teams and did amazingly against all kinds of TV. Blood Bowl does a good job at helping the less experienced team. In fact, you shouldn't worry too much about the TV difference, but in the experience of the player behind those teams. Meaning, a noob could have a 3000 TV team and lose anyway.

Bottom line, please reconsider. You may eventually lose all your games, but that won't be due to TV differences. And I stand by my word, if it helps getting more players I'll start with a new team.
i'll also sub in my pretty bad nurgle team from the feeder leagues if it makes you change your mind!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:53 AM

Nah you don't need to.
Lemme think on it some more.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 04:44:36 AM

In fact a few people here will lose matches precisely because their TV is too high.

TV is not a big deal. Inducements work. Having played 100+ games as a coach does matter, but you won't get over that without playing some blood bowl. The overall winner is likely to be one of Ruvaldt, Ingmar, Llyse, Megrim, or Drogg but there are plenty of terrible players here you'll be competitive against.

Me for example.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 05:30:54 AM

You could always play since 1991 and just not get any better, like me.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 27, 2013, 10:26:36 AM

Someone should pick Underworld so all three of the new teams are represented.  Note, however, I just played an Underworld feeder game vs. Ingmar's Pro Elves and it was awful.  They seem kinda rough to start, unless it was user error on my part.
8 Eyes have applied to the Feeder League to start off their illustrious career. This will surely end well.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #66 on: January 27, 2013, 10:42:12 AM

In fact a few people here will lose matches precisely because their TV is too high.

Absolutely.  A wizard can end a scoring drive cold.  Also older teams often carry players with injuries, and while they have skills that add to the TV of the team, they may not contribute enough to warrant those additional TV points.  Teams that have been around a while also have a bloated TV from fan factor, which helps with Fame and can swing the balance in kick off events, but generally is not worth the TV it adds.  I would have gladly traded all of my TV from fan factor for a bench during the playoffs last season because I only had 11 players and just could not afford giving up more TV for another beastman.

Also, it looks like a lot of our veteran coaches are playing new teams this year.  If anything, even if TV worries you, this should be the perfect season to join.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 27, 2013, 01:45:32 PM

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 03:00:52 PM

Alive not Dead are still not Dead!

Count me in  awesome, for real

SteamID/BB Coach name: Catfud
Team name: Alive not Dead!
Team Race: Necromantic
TV: 1600+

Also, I'll give Alive not Dead a season break if high TV still worries you.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:57:31 PM by Llyse »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 09:19:30 PM

If you need someone to even up the numbers I'll join, otherwise I'll give it a pass.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Signup Thread  
Jump to: