Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Inc: Gree event, reputation system 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inc: Gree event, reputation system  (Read 37968 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 04:54:12 AM

The Gree shit is all moddable, no? So even if it's crappier than Makeb stuff, you can still shove the higher mods in it or whatever.

It's moddable, adaptive and bound to Legacy. The Level 45 restriction is obviously just to stop it's wide use on the early planets which is  Ohhhhh, I see.  Personally I'm wondering what my Havoc Squad will look like all wearing this.

Getting just the red or blue Gree rep armor (require friend standing) will take ~6.5 days of doing just the 6 dailies outside the Grey Secant on one character.  If you've got two level 50s then you can, at best, get the armor in two days by running all 7 dailies (there's only 1 extra one in the Grey Secant from what I can tell) and doing the 3 one time missions (barring not being able to reach friend standing until week 2).

The white armor requires Champion standing - that's ~5.25 days of doing all 7 dailies on 2 characters.

Getting the weapons requires running the Operations a lot so fuck that.

(Disclaimer: all figures calculated as a subscriber with the 50% rep bonus. YMMV)

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 11:27:46 AM

You do have to be in it for the long haul for the weapons, if you're not raiding. If you diligently do the heroic you could have a weapon within 2 occurrences of the event, but they're not really interesting looking enough for me to bother with that.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 12:05:38 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. Doing both Ops gives 10 of those doohickeys a week. Doing the heroic every. single. damn. day. gets you 7 a week.

I'd rather gnaw my own toes off.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:52 PM

If you can swing it, do the 16-man version of the Story Mode ops boss, since it drops 6 helix components instead of 4. It's pitifully easy and only requires a single tank and two healers. The rest can be DPS.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 02:01:36 PM

I find this one really bizarre. They spent a lot of time on updating the Ilum zone, but otherwise its like, Copy Pasta questing. I don't think my PC has even spoken a single line to the Gree Quest Droid.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 02:02:48 PM

I think for updates like this we aren't going to get VO for the 16 player voices. That's probably going to be reserved for Makeb-scale stuff.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 02:36:58 AM

The thing that is killing the pvp quests in this event for me is not the random ganking (haven't been ganked yet), nor the free-for-all (only , nor high end pvp guilds - it's the damned queuing to turn in the energy orbs at the pylon. Everyone waiting in line for their turn is very civilized but fuck that.  swamp poop

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:54 AM

The thing that is killing the pvp quests in this event for me is not the random ganking (haven't been ganked yet), nor the free-for-all (only , nor high end pvp guilds - it's the damned queuing to turn in the energy orbs at the pylon. Everyone waiting in line for their turn is very civilized but fuck that.  swamp poop

There are steps you could take you know.  why so serious?

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 03:07:17 PM

There are steps you could take you know.  why so serious?

When I'm on my own, not going to happen.

Last night though, in a group, different story. Sentinel and scoundrel cc'd everyone, I jumped to the front of the queue, turned in the orb and then we legged it like naughty schoolboys. Halcyon days!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 01:24:49 PM

Played a bit with my new pub guild. Did a few missions, killed some Imps, got some comms. 9k rep pts away from buying a new pet.  why so serious?

I had fun but everyone's on TS or something so I need to get a new headset  Ohhhhh, I see.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 01:45:09 PM

*buys the new event armor*
*goes to equip it on Jaesa*

"You do not have the required reputation rank to use that item."

You're killin' me here, Bioware.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 03:14:34 PM

That'll teach you to do stuff!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 07:57:27 AM

Gree Event is back, including new reputation mount (for meagre price of only 48 Grey Helix components  Ohhhhh, I see.)

Also, new Cartel packs which have lots of KOTOR 1/2 costumes (Darth Malak, Brianna the Last Handmaiden, Carth Onasi etc) and a Skiff mount

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 08:06:19 AM

Nice Sex Swing.

ACK!

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #49 on: March 12, 2013, 08:16:16 AM

Bless you, Ironwood, for posting that, because it put to words my vaguely undefined feeling of "wtf is that mount."

God Save the Horn Players
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:54 AM

Pfft, there's a new rep that can only be ground by buying Cartel Packs.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: March 12, 2013, 11:32:40 AM

There's also a nice actual dress cosmetic I expect to see 5 billion of on our server.

And an 80s workout/music video oufit.  awesome, for real

It's shirtless on dudes, looks pretty funny.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:33 PM

When does the Flashdance sweatshirt come out?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #53 on: March 12, 2013, 01:01:58 PM

God Save the Horn Players
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 12, 2013, 03:48:46 PM

There's also a nice actual dress cosmetic I expect to see 5 billion of on our server.

And an 80s workout/music video oufit.  awesome, for real

It's shirtless on dudes, looks pretty funny.

Hah I may actually grind for a dress.  why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 13, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

I have a character who needs the Handmaiden outfit for sure.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Inc: Gree event, reputation system  
Jump to: