Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2012 - 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2012 - 2013  (Read 102647 times)
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

on: January 06, 2013, 10:26:27 AM

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:12:40 AM

I was going to post this.  Looks like the lock out is over.  Lets hope the NHL can un-fuck the damage this lock out has done, esp. in the Southern US markets.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/01/06/sp-nhl-lockout-cba-gary-bettman-donald-fehr-ends.html
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:28:58 AM

Too bad I no longer give a shit.  sad

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 12:09:03 PM

Too bad I no longer give a shit.  sad

Yeah, my GAF factor is pretty low, and I'm Canadian, which means I should be jizzing all over myself after hearing about it. 
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 01:21:29 PM

I care, but I'm Canadian, and an Edmonton Oiler fan, so I have reason more than most to care. I'll likely never go to another hockey game again or buy merchandise, but I'll probably watch most games on the television or free streams.

Probably one of the dumber lockouts amongst the professional leagues, though. A lot of potential damage in Southern U.S. markets.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:26:07 PM

Gary Bettman is a cancer.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 01:49:20 PM

He is, but he's not the only one.Its fairly endemic in the NHL management as well as the NHLPA upper echelons and "militant players".
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:26:36 PM

He is, but he's not the only one.Its fairly endemic in the NHL management as well as the NHLPA upper echelons and "militant players".

While I put most of this on the shoulders of the NHL and its owners/management, the players also have to realize that if any of the teams fold, thats means fewer jobs for everyone.  The star players will get their money, but the 3rd and 4th liners will either be in the minors or out of a job, period.  It looks like the NHLPA is run by and for the star players and the lesser players interests are just an afterthought.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:09:30 PM by Ginaz »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 02:57:32 PM

Toronto's perfect season, ruined!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 03:03:43 PM

They still have a chance to lose them all  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 03:11:55 PM

I've become more of an NBA fan than an NHL fan over the last few years. No kidding. I mean I was a rabid fan a decade ago.

Then, they took my local franchise, my former franchise started to suck repeatedly, and I went through two labor strikes that crippled if not cancelled seasons. Not to mention the fact that the NHL took it's TV deal out back and shot it.

If you'd told my 2003 self I'd watch more NBA games than NHL games in 10 years, I'd punch me in the face. But here we are.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 04:51:34 PM

If the NHL went on strike for five years I'd still watch the NHL over the nba.  Fucking awful sport.

Now can someone start the NHL 2013 thread?  Go B's!

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 10:03:01 PM

They still have a chance to lose them all  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm still hearing Luongo is heading to the Leafs.  As a Canucks fan, I would approve of that.  Tyler Bozek and Nazim Kadri would be more than enough IMO. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 08:56:32 AM

I was almost hoping for the lockout to continue...several months ago, my buddy procured tickets for the Blackhawks @ Canucks game on Feb 2. Both being rabid Canucks fans, we planned to go up and see the game in Vancouver and stay overnight. About a week ago, I realized the Super Bowl is the next day, which means we either have to speed out of town in order to fight through the border crossing and get home in time for the game, or hole up in a sports bar in Vancouver and watch there. Normally not a HUGE deal, but now the Seahawks have a decent chance to be in the game, which complicates things even worse.

And yes, my diamond shoes are chafing the shit out of my poor feet.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 06:32:30 AM

I'm curious how that is going to work with pre-sold tickets. They've already said the shortened schedule will be entirely in conference, so obviously many of the games on the current schedule won't happen.

Border won't be bad late Saturday night. You'll spend more time just getting out of the parking lot at the game.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 10:22:14 AM

We will be far too drunk to try Saturday night...it would be Sunday noon-ish probably. Our ticket hookup hasn't gotten his actual tickets yet, so we might be able to swing a different game with the new schedule. That would be ideal, obv.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:16 AM

Burke out in Toronto. I wonder how that effects the potential Luongo deal? Would be funny if Nonis got promoted and traded for him  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 11:13:50 AM

Luongo probably was a factor in the decision. Most importantly, however, the main reason is likely that Burke doesn't do politicking within the corporate structure well, given his personality. With the new ownership group I can see that being a huge issue.

Big story up here in Canada; apparently no one saw it coming. Our Sport channels are covering the shit out of it.

I am both pleased and displeased to see it happen. On the one hand, I hate Burke. On the other it means the Leafs may improve and that simply cannot be allowed.
WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 11:28:11 AM

I always liked Burke- seems like he would be fun as hell to drink with and have him regale you with stories. Funny that Nonis is taking over for him (like he did in Vancouver) and will likely trade for Luongo (like he did in Vancouver). I am hearing that Burke was being a hardass with the Luongo negotiations from a couple of people, so maybe Nonis will get it done now.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 12:06:25 PM

People are surprised he got fired?

I'm surprised it took this long!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 02:13:14 PM

I always liked Burke- seems like he would be fun as hell to drink with and have him regale you with stories. Funny that Nonis is taking over for him (like he did in Vancouver) and will likely trade for Luongo (like he did in Vancouver). I am hearing that Burke was being a hardass with the Luongo negotiations from a couple of people, so maybe Nonis will get it done now.

Word has it, Vancouver wanted Kadri and Gardiner for Luongo and Burke thought that was too high of a price.  I don't know.  A proven #1 goalie for a rookie defenceman and a young player Toronto, and Burke himself, don't seem to like very much.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:12 PM

Luongo in Toronto would be hilarious in a "watch as the city devours him" sort of way. For a guy who has issues with pressure, Toronto will be a GREAT fit.  why so serious?

Would not be surprised if he ended up here though, no.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 02:29:25 PM

Luongo is a terrible fit in Toronto. Playing behind a bad team in a city that'll roast him for every single goal?  ACK!

There's a reason he wants to go back to Florida so badly. He's ready to mail it in these days.

Sounds like it's going to happen though.

Not that the price Toronto is paying is too high. Kadri has no value, IMO. Burke has just been forced to defend him for so long that he became emotionally attached, I would imagine.

I'm happy, though! Burke was almost certainly taking a run at Getzlaf and/or Perry in the offseason. I want Perry in Pittsburgh. That'd be dynamite.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 01:05:50 PM

For my season tickets, they held onto the cash and are paying interest on the first few months with an option to put the extra cash towards next year's tickets or get a refund. Unless they offer some sort of extremely sweet retention plan, this'll be the last year I hold season tickets for a long time.

Bettman offered an apology yesterday, but the thing is - no one is mad. It's even worse, no one really seems to care.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 01:49:11 PM

I have heard some rumors that Center Ice is going to be deeply discounted or free- anyone know for sure? That would be a nice way to recover some goodwill.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 02:02:13 PM

I have heard some rumors that Center Ice is going to be deeply discounted or free- anyone know for sure? That would be a nice way to recover some goodwill.

SB Nation says meeeeeeeeh probably not free. http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/6/3843108/why-free-center-ice-simply-cant-happen

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 03:11:23 PM

If sales look like they're going to be down, it'd be a good idea. So I'm sure it won't happen.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 03:17:34 PM

Glad hockey is back, but...with the Flyers' lineup decimated by injuries/non-signings (especially defense), it may not be pretty to watch. Maybe they'll tank the short season and pull a nice draft pick?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 03:34:49 PM

If they gave me NHL center ice for $40, I'd get it. Otherwise, fuck em.

WayAbvPar

Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 03:43:20 PM

It will probably be about $85 or so. It is normally $159 for the full season or something.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 04:01:16 PM

Well as I see it, they were close to getting $0 per package without a season. Now, they have a chance to draw a fan back with a reasonable price on a sport that has had ZERO positive press in a long time.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 08:16:39 AM

I get emails from the CBC reminding me about the HNIC pool. I always do a double take when I read it.

That acronym in Atlanta means something WAAAAAAAY different than in Canada.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 11:32:43 AM

CBC or HNIC?

WayAbvPar

Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 11:40:34 AM

HNIC

Just a guess.  ACK!

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:59 AM

Atlanta, why you so bad!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2012 - 2013  
Jump to: