Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.6 launches 11th december 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.6 launches 11th december  (Read 35284 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 01:21:20 PM

If you're not going to be going on to do flashpoints, operations, or level 50 PVP, then just do whatever makes you look good IMO.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 01:35:11 PM

Pretty good patch, all things considered. The free tionese suit is really nice for my 50s - though after doing a few random FPs, it seems like folks waaaaaay overgear them. Ah well, I didn't mind dungeon-steamrolling in WOTLK, I won't mind it here.  awesome, for real

PVP changes are nice too. I went into a few WZs with my sage (still rocking the mk1 recruit gear, which is... bad), and did surprisingly well - won 5 out of 7 games, and the last one (against a premade) was a 5-5 huttball match that came down to the wire (feat. some dude called Two'quickbars - he needs to change his name to Four'quickbars now, imo). I'm not even doing the cheesy bubblestun spec thing, which can lead to a lot of sage giblets if some lolsmash marauders look in my direction... still, I can get away. Sometimes. Also, the new WZ is sort of like the Wrath of Khaine thing in WAR T1, only with less suck.

I am sure tomorrow I will be facing fullly geared EWH premades 24/7.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:43:38 PM by Zetor »

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 02:06:57 PM

Also I hope none of you liked color matching anything. 1.5 broke companion color matching (which still isn't fixed by the way), and 1.6 today broke the rest. The color matching on an currently-equipped armor will stick, but any gear you switch out can't be re-matched.

Hopefully it'll be fixed within a couple days.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 02:24:53 PM

Just on the point about overgearing, even without free tionese the basic hard modes are easier to face roll with current PUGs than the story modes were at launch. Even if your guy was in 110 rated gear, the 3 other people would average about 130-140 and stomp everything. Those hard modes drop 132 rated gear so you'll be out of tionese in no time.

The only hard thing to get is a 130+ main hand.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 03:02:15 PM

Also I hope none of you liked color matching anything. 1.5 broke companion color matching (which still isn't fixed by the way), and 1.6 today broke the rest. The color matching on an currently-equipped armor will stick, but any gear you switch out can't be re-matched.

I was wondering what was going on. Thanks
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 03:08:33 PM

I noticed the colormatching broke on companions, that is fucking ASS that they broke it on PCs now too. ><

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 03:23:52 PM

Havoc Squad remains unaffected, because I had matched them the hard way before color matching existed for companions.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:01 PM

Just on the point about overgearing, even without free tionese the basic hard modes are easier to face roll with current PUGs than the story modes were at launch. Even if your guy was in 110 rated gear, the 3 other people would average about 130-140 and stomp everything. Those hard modes drop 132 rated gear so you'll be out of tionese in no time.

The only hard thing to get is a 130+ main hand.

I got the free tionese gear today and have already replaced 3 pieces of it from one HM FP, chest, legs and helmet.

Edit: Got gloves, not legs.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:53:15 PM by Ginaz »
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 11, 2012, 04:19:29 PM

I noticed the colormatching broke on companions, that is fucking ASS that they broke it on PCs now too. ><

It occurs to me that appearance slots would solve this problem going forward but then that just means they'd be buggy too.  why so serious?
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #44 on: December 11, 2012, 08:53:59 PM

1.6 at least fixed my hotbar issues.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 09:37:21 PM

I am pretty sure that they upped Premium players to 6 slots. I don't think the new slot buying is in yet, but I can't check at the moment.

Looks like they didn't add this in the patch after all, still stuck at 2 as a preferred player.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 11, 2012, 10:16:54 PM

As far as adding more chars, is that to get to 12 max or can an acct go over that limit?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 11, 2012, 11:56:42 PM

They're planning to add the ability to buy more character slots at the server level. There's some account-wide cap that's higher than 12, but I don't know what it is.

By the way, on the color matching thing, it works for me with the 'unify colors' button but I can't turn individual pieces on or off. And companions are broken even with the button.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 12:45:26 AM

Took a look at the new space missions. Quickly confirmed you really do need the grade 7 parts.

They cost aproximately three hundred thousand credits, three thousand fleet comms, and three hundred daily comms. The fleet comms would take over two months to collect from level 50 space dailies.

Then I see why, level 7 parts are available in the cash shop.

Looks to me like EA are flying a kite for new content to be 'crazy grind or cash shop' even for subscribers, but are trying to introduce it quietly. This certainly isn't sparkleponies. I haven't decided if this bothers me.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:51:05 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 02:07:31 AM

Took a look at the new space missions. Quickly confirmed you really do need the grade 7 parts.

They cost aproximately three hundred thousand credits, three thousand fleet comms, and three hundred daily comms. The fleet comms would take over two months to collect from level 50 space dailies.

Then I see why, level 7 parts are available in the cash shop.

Looks to me like EA are flying a kite for new content to be 'crazy grind or cash shop' even for subscribers, but are trying to introduce it quietly. This certainly isn't sparkleponies. I haven't decided if this bothers me.

Not that I play the shitty space portion of the game, but I don't like the direction this is going.  The other items in the cash shop that you could equip were almost entirely cosmetic since you would quickly out level any benefits they had.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 02:57:48 AM

The strange thing here is that it isn't really pay 2 win gold ammo. This is pay to play. You can't do the content without the gear at all.

It is analogous to EQ2 adventure packs but they seem to want to pretend otherwise.

The obfuscation bothers me more than the design.

If this were presented as 'hey premium dlc but the dedicated grinders can unlock it in game for free!' I would for some reason be happier.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 01:42:13 AM

Devs made a post acknowledging the 'disparity' between cash and in game cost of the space bits. They are planning to do a thing apparently.

My guess is the in game cost is going to drop.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #52 on: December 14, 2012, 05:55:06 AM

Wait, the Artifact quality ship parts that took a lot of crafting aren't good enough to even try these missions? Wow, because even the hardest missions in the old set were a breeze with them.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 14, 2012, 09:19:46 AM

Wait, the Artifact quality ship parts that took a lot of crafting aren't good enough to even try these missions? Wow, because even the hardest missions in the old set were a breeze with them.

While the new missions do have some new bells and whistles, they basically just ramped NPC HP and DPS by a factor of 3 or 4 to increase difficulty.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 03:08:30 PM

I guess I'll have to break out my 50s and farm a bit. Trying to gear up  my alts with only a few hundred k across all chars is serious business.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 09:03:21 PM

I tried a couple of the new space missions, the hardest aspect of them might be all the opportunities to crash into stuff (at least once you have everything upgraded I assume), the maneuvering needed is a lot tighter.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.6 launches 11th december  
Jump to: